• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

why not just remove pvp in this game?

101 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

it just never made sense to me why pvp was in this game in the first place. Why not just scrap PVP entirely and make it a pve game like how most of this game is anyway.The pvp penalty is silm to almost nothing, There are a billion of channels to pick for super avoidence style of gameplay. Even after the server merged this has not changed you don't like somebody you do something else. you can even do something like leveling profession skills in safe zone it's just so mind blowing. I remember when Tibia was popular what it means to go in other people hunting area or if you are strong the fear people have just knowing you are in that area(no channels changing one server)

and the worse of all it only takes a dime or so to have this no exp loss revival cash shop item when the pvp penalty is almost non existence. There's already no items drop or 50% exp loss(level downgrade)

PVP is a joke, at least in Archeage that p2w game has trade route zoning(always go back to the same place where you predict your enemy is and IF YOU ARE VERY LUCKY you can find them because there's no bullshit like changing channel) but it's still ridiculous hard to actually do any pvp they can just choose another trade route or do something you just can't do anything of pvp significant like in Tibia there''s find person spell here they have nothing like that also for Tibia they even provide a log on list some years later(hunting a player off server before servers even existed it was already like that by the way) It's sad to see Tibia turned carebear too to cater to carebears like you(they want new players to try these old games)

Pking in BDO means nothing you only make the players you pk mad at you. I remember those days when pvp meant something

I FIXED THE ENGLISH YOU CAN READ IT NOW

This is BDO's PVP 8QFarW.png

Edited by William

Posted

While you got good points, why not improving it instead of removing it? Admitting someone cares enough to actually try improving it.

Posted

just make ONE dedicated channel for those who want to play farm simulator online and let the rest lose %exp upon death (pve/pvp/pk)

2 people like this

Posted

Open world PvP is a great incentive for selling masses of Artisan Memory to PvE carebears.

1 person likes this

Posted

Generally when you are not sure if a change will improve something or make it worse I generally like the approach of "lets run the experiment". The channel structure would allow this. We already have olvia for new/returning players and channel 1 for node wars. How about making even channels PvE only for a while? See what happens.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

While you got good points, why not improving it instead of removing it? Admitting someone cares enough to actually try improving it.

nah I don't think any devs will bring back that experience it's long lost it was really one of the best guilty pleasure

you see somebody dying to mob(you can help make them die faster but say you don't and they die) back then in old school tibia the item drop rate was very high and the exp loss was also intense(in the beginning people just drop everything and their character gets deleted than it turn to drop almost everything and 50% exp loss in other words say a person spend 3 months to get to level 20 he would downgrade to level 10) it was difficult to level up as well in those days.

the best feeling and guilty pleasure is not stealing(there's no safe trade) <-- but it's one of the pleasure. The best feeling is really the pking and then there secondary option to not go at it by violence but by lies and deception because if you use brute violent the community will be after you the victim would yell "PK PK PK"(the thrill is intense when chasing someone down)

one of the big guilty pleausre is seeing someone die to demon skeleton you take everything he dropped, he come rushing back to Fibula dungeon looking for his things you lie "someone already came here and take your things" but you are the one that took his things and while he is maybe half geared you pk him as he tries to escape even after basically LOSING EVERYTHING. It's like Africa style

Only in old school Tibia where you could put the hurt on someone who is already hurt EX: using find person to keep hunting that one person or having a few friends hunt that one person that is maybe 20-30 levels lower than you Tibia 1997-2005 was the best time

Edited by William
1 person likes this

Posted

pvp in bdo is a joke... have you tried pve? That's an even bigger joke

bdo's pve is the most unchallenging pve out of all games on the internet, even league's pve is better than bdo

lmao

1 person likes this

Posted

PvP is a joke because of its gear-carry, everything you describe is just a consequence of this. Look at what kind of target audience OWPvP like this caters to: It's the incompetent. It's the kind of incompetent players who fail at skill-based PvP games, the kind of bottom-feeders that get destroyed in all those other PvP games and have to come here because this is the only place where they can "win" in PvP through superior gear they have mindlessly farmed through spending all their time on the game instead of contributing to society.

What people like you (OP) want is not PvP, you just want some easy ganks. You feel you "deserve" to win cause you spent XY hours grinding easy PvE mobs and so on and so forth. Game mechanics shouldn't support this kind of attitude, in contrary, it should reward those who hone their skills and are actually looking to engage similar-minded players with similar gear-stats and similar talent. That's what competitive PvP is all about.

That said, in the PvP games I'm playing these days, I no longer tell the people I beat to "git gud", I simply offer them a BDO guest key. Because no matter how bad they are, they can always succeed here if they only dump enough hours into the game or pick targets far below their gear score that don't even want to participate in PvP. You reminded me of those kind of players.

13 people like this

Posted

pvp in bdo is a joke... have you tried pve? That's an even bigger joke

bdo's pve is the most unchallenging pve out of all games on the internet, even league's pve is better than bdo

lmao

So why do you bother playing this game? Go to Akman Temple or Hystria Ruins and then say it's a joke

1 person likes this

Posted

PvP is a joke because of its gear-carry, everything you describe is just a consequence of this. Look at what kind of target audience OWPvP like this caters to: It's the incompetent. It's the kind of incompetent players who fail at skill-based PvP games, the kind of bottom-feeders that get destroyed in all those other PvP games and have to come here because this is the only place where they can "win" in PvP through superior gear they have mindlessly farmed through spending all their time on the game instead of contributing to society.

What people like you (OP) want is not PvP, you just want some easy ganks. You feel you "deserve" to win cause you spent XY hours grinding easy PvE mobs and so on and so forth. Game mechanics shouldn't support this kind of attitude, in contrary, it should reward those who hone their skills and are actually looking to engage similar-minded players with similar gear-stats and similar talent. That's what competitive PvP is all about.

That said, in the PvP games I'm playing these days, I no longer tell the people I beat to "git gud", I simply offer them a BDO guest key. Because no matter how bad they are, they can always succeed here if they only dump enough hours into the game or pick targets far below their gear score that don't even want to participate in PvP. You reminded me of those kind of players.

That's a lot of a priori, assumptions and anger. And honestly, it has nothing to do with gear.

1 person likes this

Posted

PvP is a joke because of its gear-carry, everything you describe is just a consequence of this. 

have you played league of legends perhaps? 

if you think bdo is "gear carry" wait until you play a game in which gear is actually carrying people.. few days ago i was killing some warrior 1v5 who did 0 damage to me and later pmed me told me that hes doing no damage to me so we went to arena where i stood still and he had the potential to 1combo me, only because i didn't move at all. Bdo gear does  help but its nowhere nearly as bad as people on the forum are constantly trying to imply. Meanwhile if you play league of legends and if you have a single item advantage on some champs, you completely and utterly obliterate other champs and just need to land 1-2 skills to oneshot them while you can tank their entire skillset, lmao

So why do you bother playing this game? Go to Akman Temple or Hystria Ruins and then say it's a joke

i've gone to aakman temple and to hystria ruins and its still a joke, i can hit 10 mobs in aakman without losing hp and hystria is just horribly designed shitty place full of ranged mobs thats unfun to pve at, both are underpaid 

and im not sure how aakman and hystria are gonna convince me that the pve in bdo isnt a joke ? It's absolutely the same, bunch of lagged slow boring mobs except they have more hp than other mobs, it doesn't change the concept or anything and its not challenging just a gear check .. and its not fun

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And what pvp games are you playing, oh mighty lord of skill?

Edited by metaxa1331
3 people like this

Posted

I think it's because the PvP focus of this game is supposed to be Guild Wars or Seige / Node Wars, not PK. Hence the Karma penalty suffered during PK that is missing during the previously mentioned systems. They also just merged the servers to encourage more Seige and node battles. 

I think that's why the PK system doesn't encourage PvP, but rather discourages it. The game systems all seem to point towards engaging in GvG, Seige wars or RBF. That's my observation of things. 

2 people like this

Posted

OP, don´t mix PK with PvP.

3 people like this

Posted

i've gone to aakman temple and to hystria ruins and its still a joke, i can hit 10 mobs in aakman without losing hp and hystria is just horribly designed shitty place full of ranged mobs thats unfun to pve at, both are underpaid 

and im not sure how aakman and hystria are gonna convince me that the pve in bdo isnt a joke ? It's absolutely the same, bunch of lagged slow boring mobs except they have more hp than other mobs, it doesn't change the concept or anything and its not challenging just a gear check .. and its not fun

Then I repeat my original question, why do you bother? Just leave, don't come here which is a forum for people who play the game and just say blah blah blah t's all boring. Just go!

1 person likes this

Posted

Then I repeat my original question, why do you bother? Just leave, don't come here which is a forum for people who play the game and just say blah blah blah t's all boring. Just go!

why didnt you say the same thing to the OP ?

Posted

He's too busy farming people who think gear matters that much in RBF with his 180 AP to stop. So, while I don't always agree with him, especially when he tries to "communicate" IG, he probably knows what he's talking about more than most people on this forum.

Posted

Oh no, not again! 

Why do the so called Bad-Boys-PVPer must cry - I do not get it.

Why they mix PVP and PK together?

Why they are so eager to kill player?

Maybe they suffer from Carebearitis? Or they have Casualphobia.

Here! Medizine for you all:

carebear-away1.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

or just set real pvp off, it would somve indeed many issues ( since they doesnt look ok to fix their broken pvp )

Posted

He's too busy farming people who think gear matters that much in RBF with his 180 AP to stop. So, while I don't always agree with him, especially when he tries to "communicate" IG, he probably knows what he's talking about more than most people on this forum.

It's not about whether he know what he is talking about. He finds every aspect of this game boring, so why is he playing it and posting shit about it? I have played lots of games i don;t like, I just stop playing them and go to something else.

1 person likes this

Posted

hello_kitty_online_117.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

OP, don´t mix PK with PvP.

yeah I was thinking along these lines when OP was making his/her point.

Posted

He finds every aspect of this game boring, so why is he playing it and posting shit about it?

I don't know, and, more importantly, I don't care, and you should do the same because in the end, why he plays isn't even up to you. And with a critical mind, I can make the difference between opinions and facts: I think he's a prick (that's an opinion), yet his posts are more relevant than most (that's a fact).

Posted

Becuz its a PvP game. Nuff said. If you want a game that has nothing but pvp go play halo

Posted

it just never made sense to me why pvp was in this game in the first place. Why not just scrap PVP entirely and make it a pve game like how most of this game is anyway.The pvp penalty is silm to almost nothing, There are a billion of channels to pick for super avoidence style of gameplay. Even after the server merged this has not changed you don't like somebody you do something else. you can even do something like leveling profession skills in safe zone it's just so mind blowing. I remember when Tibia was popular what it means to go in other people hunting area or if you are strong the fear people have just knowing you are in that area(no channels changing one server)

and the worse of all it only takes a dime or so to have this no exp loss revival cash shop item when the pvp penalty is almost non existence. There's already no items drop or 50% exp loss(level downgrade)

PVP is a joke, at least in Archeage that p2w game has trade route zoning(always go back to the same place where you predict your enemy is and IF YOU ARE VERY LUCKY you can find them because there's no bullshit like changing channel) but it's still ridiculous hard to actually do any pvp they can just choose another trade route or do something you just can't do anything of pvp significant like in Tibia there''s find person spell here they have nothing like that also for Tibia they even provide a log on list some years later(hunting a player off server before servers even existed it was already like that by the way) It's sad to see Tibia turned carebear too to cater to carebears like you(they want new players to try these old games)

Pking in BDO means nothing you only make the players you pk mad at you. I remember those days when pvp meant something

I FIXED THE ENGLISH YOU CAN READ IT NOW

This is BDO's PVP 8QFarW.png

as easy as the pve is in this game, you wouldnt have to get gear over pri if you wanted to pve only. that'd kill this game insanely quick