• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The GIANT Problem of open world 1 on 1 PVP

136 posts in this topic

Posted

See title. I don't understand why there are so many posts labeling sorcs and rangers as uber over the top classes and not a single one mentioning the elephant in the room. The giant (berserker) is probably one of the most broken classes I've seen in any game to date. This grapple chain has simply got to go. Nothing is more frustrating than getting cc'ed for literally around 15 seconds to death when you have absolutely zero control over your character. The worst part is in terms of balance people will complain that sorcs and rangers can do the same thing with high enough ap (or maybe any class) but to be honest berserkers don't even need that much AP to pull a 100-0 chain grapple off. Hell, I've seen warriors with 270 ap in KR not able to finish off a zerker after he grabs and uses reckless blow+gravedigger+slashing the dead (no I'm not a warrior, I happen to know his skills since I duel quite often). I honestly don't even want to hear the just avoid grabs or build grab resist response. This is a joke. The berserker has so many tools at his disposal to initiate a single grab (which subsequently turns into many more) that fighting even a halfway decent potato zerker becomes a nightmare ESPECIALLY since grapple goes through super armor. 

What's worse is that they keep buffing this class for absolutely no reason. Why in the 7 hells did the zerker get 2 obscenely powerful hp regen skills. He doesn't even need to hit anything to go from 20% (or maybe even less) to max? Oh and by the way the description for this class is way off. I love seeing the pentagram image of high attack and defense and nothing in the cc department....Berserkers have the most ridiculous number of cc's in the game that go through ANY form of defense cough cough grapples....

TL;DR Berserker chain grab is stupid broken and has been for the last 4? months now. I don't understand why no one has even posted about this class (probably too busy doing life skills since rarely do I even see streams/vids of actual PvP these days). Please consider bringing this class back in line with others. There is absolutely no forgiveness when fighting this class. All this class has to do is grab you once and you're dead (if the zerker has halfway decent gear). If you're a zerker I have no sympathy for you, it's simply the most moronic and easiest class to win a fight 1v1 (yes even beyond that of a spin to win sorc). 

For the record I'm not a sorc or a ranger. I play a valkyrie (which I think is a well balanced class). 

22 people like this

Posted (edited)

Everybody knows zerk is current N1 in PvP with ranger.

The dmg are not the problem here. The problem is the fact that they dont get punished for doing mistakes because they have super high HP and can regen full hp easily. You can use full combo on them they wont die while every other class will. And since its not enough, right after they press 2 buttons to go back full HP.

All other class get punished for doing a mistake : CC is death, so yea. Thats the main reason imo why zerk is the most stupid class atm.

Edited by WhySoCasual

Posted

Lol and yes I'm a zerker and yes we are strong.. but know one seems to Remember when we were laughable. Same grab chain no one I mean no one complained... now it's omg sky is falling..I have valkerys sorcs Rangers in our guild that can do just fine against us. And please don't get me started on musa's are we supposed to just roll over and die? And the heal is laughable at any dps with 190+ ap our super armor is still buggy so yes if your a dumb butt and let me get you in a grab well sorry about you luck and by all rights we should be scary were  zerkers we are ment to be a force to be reckoned  with. Now come all the troll posts but if you feel were so broken roll one and see you won't dominant the battle feild till 59+ and 1200 sp. There isn't a ton of us out there for a reason once you know what to look for in a 1v1 were not hard to stop

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Lol and yes I'm a zerker and yes we are strong.. but know one seems to Remember when we were laughable. Same grab chain no one I mean no one complained... now it's omg sky is falling..I have valkerys sorcs Rangers in our guild that can do just fine against us. And please don't get me started on musa's are we supposed to just roll over and die? And the heal is laughable at any dps with 190+ ap our super armor is still buggy so yes if your a dumb butt and let me get you in a grab well sorry about you luck and by all rights we should be scary were  zerkers we are ment to be a force to be reckoned  with. Now come all the troll posts but if you feel were so broken roll one and see you won't dominant the battle feild till 59+ and 1200 sp. There isn't a ton of us out there for a reason once you know what to look for in a 1v1 were not hard to stop

I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for your class at all. Your statements are also laughable. Warriors and valks were a laughable class for far longer than you were. Both of these classes had to wait 6+ months to get their awakening before they were relevant. You guys got buffed in the 2nd-3rd? month of release in NA. Or do you not remember that. They massively buffed your undertaker damage, increased your hp by 500 (which by the way increased the damage even more since undertaker's health scaling got ramped up I believe) and then made beastly wind slash do obscene amounts of damage (which you guys still use in your combo religiously as opposed to many of the awakening skills you have-in fact slugfest and a couple cc initiations are what you mostly use from your awakening in a 1v1 setting). 

Come to think of it your post also reminds me of a mechanic change they implemented when they buffed your class. I remember they added CC immunity (to any other CC other than grapple unfortunately) after someone was grabbed. This stopped a lot of the floating combos other classes used to rely on in PvP and I ASSUME was meant to break long cc chains. So why in the hell did they allow grapple after grapple after grapple to persist? It makes no sense. If their overall motivation was to limit the length of a cc why let the zerker run around with a literal 15 sec CC chain which no other class can possibly pull off. Maybe it was too hard to change from a coding perspective (or tedious rather) and that's why we see the grapple resist increase after 3 grapples in a row change in a more recent patch. Unfortunately the most recent change does nothing to solve the problem as I can honestly say I still get grabbed 4 times more often than not even when I run around 80% grapple res (the fact that grapple penetration is much easier to stack than resist notwithstanding). 

Lastly I understand the game is balanced around siege wars and ridiculous grapple chains rarely happen there, I think it's important to note however that 1v1 open world encounters still happen in this game and do constitute a balance issue. It just seems like they would rather ignore balance on the most shining aspect of this game:small-scale pvp. 

Edited by Helion5
5 people like this

Posted

Try it man make one 

3 people like this

Posted

giants op and no skill l2p git gud basically

Posted

use V ... xD

Posted

use V ... xD

Doesn't work when in Zerker grab, it just goes on cooldown and you still end up on the floor for his next grab.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I've had numerous fights with zerkers, all ended in me either running away or dying to a grab chain, and yes i DO use grab resists, but....they buffed grab penetration....and the supposed change to help stop grab chains does nothing.  I kept getting one down to under 50% HP the other day and watched him just heal right up to FULL repeatedly. I spoke to him afterwards, he was laughing about how OP it was, he doesn't even need to use pots and can fight "comfortably" 1 vs many.

I was shocked they gave them these heals without realising how powerful it would make zerker's in small scale PvP encounters.  They don't even need to stack a lot of AP, aside from grabs, they still have plenty of CC's available, the largest HP pool in the game AND the BEST heals by FAR of any class.  Nothing comes even close to the regen potential of zerks.  It just makes NO sense.

Edited by Cyrus Glitch

Posted

Doesn't work when in Zerker grab, it just goes on cooldown and you still end up on the floor for his next grab.

grab is the only cc where it works for me. you stay cced during his grab but he wont damage you and usually i can get away once i get visible. did this like 100 times in RBF. Then again im a sorc, so maybe if u cant iframe he will grab you again.

Posted

I'm sorry but I have no sympathy for your class at all. Your statements are also laughable. Warriors and valks were a laughable class for far longer than you were. Both of these classes had to wait 6+ months to get their awakening before they were relevant.

O u O;; ninja

Posted

it is truly a blessing that not many ppl play this class. right now the game is basically overrun by sorcs, rangers, and warriors.

Posted

Yea that happens but they cant damage or cc you for a few seconds.

Posted

Lol and yes I'm a zerker and yes we are strong.. but know one seems to Remember when we were laughable.

Of course no one remembers a brief period in BDO's history like 6-7 months ago. Most people here didn't even play back than.

After that, zerks got just as many pre-awakening buffs as witch&wiz lol. But unlike wiz, that's now been getting rekt for months as punishment for those buffs, zerk where the third in line to get awakening. After that even more buffs :o

If you want sympathy from everyone for playing a class that struggled or had to go through excessive pain, you need to main kuno. 

I dont think zerks are the problem tho, it's the recently buffed grab penetration, making any resistance against that cc null and void. It's terrible game design. You have a cc that locks you out of control for a very long time and it's now almost impossible to resist...in a game where players die in one combo.

Would also like to get the gold back I wasted on my DUO Manos Ruby neck. Might as well melt it down at this point.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

1: Game is balanced on mass pvp, where zerkers doesnt shine if they start focusing on the chain grabs. Any slow skill will ----- up most, if not all, of a zerker skills.

If you balance the game around 1 vs 1 / small scale, you would completely destroy mass pvp balance (read: sieges and nodewars) which would mean you need to completely rebalance the entire game, and its intention. 

2: Zerkers have 3 heals: 1 is wrath of the beast/ire, which is pretty powerful, but only gives cc immunity for the first 2 seconds.

The second is beast roar, which does nothing exept for healing, so any class with a brain would just instakill you when you do it.

Read: Both of the above is suicide if you try to do it against a good player or a player with a brain.

The third heal is the ultimate, which is fearsome tyrant. This one has become immensely powerful.

So yeah, in sieges they have ONE heal. They are also the first main target, the ones that die the most, and without it, with the new rez time mechanics in nodewars, if they DIDNT get these, zerkers would spend 90% of their time dead.

3: Almost every class can counter, or kill a zerker whenever he tries to heal, IF they know how the mechanic works.

4: Grab chains in mass pvp is suicide.

5: This is a learn 2 play issue, hence why the good players dont complain about it.

61 berserker from dusk, vs a 59 sorc.

Thats why people still complain about sorc, ranger and warrior.

So, l2p issue.

I dont think zerks are the problem tho, it's the recently buffed grab penetration, making any resistance against that cc null and void. It's terrible game design.

This ^

Would also like to get the gold back I wasted on my DUO Manos Ruby neck. Might as well melt it down at this point.

Also, you cant melt manos necklaces :P:P:P

Edited by Dragonix

Posted

Stop linking Korea shit as a counter-argument for EU/NA issues. We are at completely different points in gear progression and require different balancing.

3 people like this

Posted

Stop linking Korea shit as a counter-argument for EU/NA issues. We are at completely different points in gear progression and require different balancing.

Yes... cause the one korean movie i linked rendered all the other arguements invalid. Completely didnt think of that.

Thank you for reminding me.

Posted

Yes... cause the one korean movie i linked rendered all the other arguements invalid. Completely didnt think of that.

Thank you for reminding me.

I don't mean to personally offend you. Every time someone says something about the game there's always someone linking some korean statistics, or counter-arguing with "well this is what koreans think". I think we would have a better game in the west if we completely ignored the east and focused on our own version more.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't mean to personally offend you. Every time someone says something about the game there's always someone linking some korean statistics, or counter-arguing with "well this is what koreans think". I think we would have a better game in the west if we completely ignored the east and focused on our own version more.

But Valkyrie won that one pre-awakening Korean tournament in 700 BC. Therefore it is the most broken class in the game pls nerf.

Edited by Momofu
If you squint hard enough and use your peripheral vision this post will become relevant~ :O
1 person likes this

Posted

1: Game is balanced on mass pvp, where zerkers doesnt shine if they start focusing on the chain grabs. Any slow skill will ----- up most, if not all, of a zerker skills.

If you balance the game around 1 vs 1 / small scale, you would completely destroy mass pvp balance (read: sieges and nodewars) which would mean you need to completely rebalance the entire game, and its intention. 

Both point are the same so grouping them together. It is suicide in mass PvP and too much in 1v1, so why does it exists ?

2: Zerkers have 3 heals: 1 is wrath of the beast/ire, which is pretty powerful, but only gives cc immunity for the first 2 seconds.

The second is beast roar, which does nothing exept for healing, so any class with a brain would just instakill you when you do it.

Read: Both of the above is suicide if you try to do it against a good player or a player with a brain.

The third heal is the ultimate, which is fearsome tyrant. This one has become immensely powerful.

So yeah, in sieges they have ONE heal. They are also the first main target, the ones that die the most, and without it, with the new rez time mechanics in nodewars, if they DIDNT get these, zerkers would spend 90% of their time dead.

3: Almost every class can counter, or kill a zerker whenever he tries to heal, IF they know how the mechanic works.

Again same points.

Is it that hard to run away from the fight for a while and heal up to full ? No, it isn't.

Isn't it beneficial to be able to heal back up on your own even if you have to leave the fight for 30 sec since respawn timers during node/Siege wars have been implemented ? Yes, yes it is.

5: This is a learn 2 play issue, hence why the good players dont complain about it.

Yeah, whatever.

Posted

Both point are the same so grouping them together. It is suicide in mass PvP and too much in 1v1, so why does it exists ?

Its there so you get a fair chance in mass pvp, and its suicide in duels if you are against good players. Its there to give the berserk a chance to move away and reset, just like sorcs who can iframe + pot, warriors/valks who can block + pot, wizards who can bubble + heal to full, etc.

Again same points.

Not the same points. The first point is about game balance philosophy in general, the second point is about the zerker heal mechanic in general. IE: Macro perspective in game coding, and individually adressing a specific class/aspect of the game. Two VERY separate points. Please re-read.

Is it that hard to run away from the fight for a while and heal up to full ? No, it isn't.

Well to be fair, that goes for every class. The only difference is, zerkers doesnt have iframes (and dont even try saying shake off), so getting out relies on you being 59 with double giant leap. And even then, getting out to reset is hard unless you are playing against a bad player.

Isn't it beneficial to be able to heal back up on your own even if you have to leave the fight for 30 sec since respawn timers during node/Siege wars have been implemented ? Yes, yes it is.

Yes it is beneficial, in a siege/nodewar, which is why they implemented it with the new respawn mechanics, so that the class can still have a CHANCE at being impactful in mass pvp.

However, using the heals in 1 vs 1's, only work against bad players, who dont know the mechanics of those heals, and are uncomfortable/untrained in their own classes. Against any decent player at all, using a heal in 1 vs 1 will result in the berserker dying.

Yeah, whatever.

You can argue whatever points you want, but the only current overpowered part of that patch, is the grab passive, that basicly ensures 3-5 successfull grabs in a row.

And thats *ONLY* overpowered in 1 vs 1, or very small scale pvp. And as the game isnt balanced around 1 vs 1's in the first place, its a very minor issue, as it doesnt affect the overall game whatsoever.

Posted (edited)

you made it really difficult for me to quote you...

1 and 4 (chain grabs) - You said it was suicide in mass PvP in your first post and are now saying "Its there so you get a fair chance in mass pvp, and its suicide in duels if you are against good players". Make up your mind. (I think you are talking about heals though ^^)

2 and 3 (healing abilities) - I said it's the same point because you explained how the heals worked, why they could be countered and then concluded with what amount to "heals can be countered". So yeah, same subject : zerk's healing mechanics and how they are used/countered.

Not every class can heal to full with three different abilities on their own. Sure, every class can run away and wait for a wiz or heal with pots but it may take a while though, contrary to a zerk. The need to be 59 or not is irrelevant and you talking about "a bad player" underline the fact you forgot we were talking about node wars (edit : I was talking about it and didn't make that point clear, my bad). And you don't need iframes to run away... you know how I know that ? Because I do it as a valk (can't heal to full tho, too bad I thought it was the valks thing) during mass pvp without too much trouble usually.

Sure, in 1v1 we can interrupt you (you will still have healed a bit unless you just stop to heal in front of us and without CC before hand), I'm not denying that and it is a good thing that zerks can heal by themselves in GvG as it strengthen their role with the timer change, it's just that you kinda made a point about "hey we have only one really good heal, so who cares if we have three" and I think I showed that even if they have flaws, having three of them IS useful. 

You can argue whatever points you want, but the only current overpowered part of that patch, is the grab passive, that basicly ensures 3-5 successfull grabs in a row.

And thats *ONLY* overpowered in 1 vs 1, or very small scale pvp. And as the game isnt balanced around 1 vs 1's in the first place, its a very minor issue, as it doesnt affect the overall game whatsoever.

You should have started with that as I actually agree with the overall idea, I just disagree with 1v1 and small scale being a minor part of the game though as it is the form of pvp you are supposed to encounter the most (while grinding usually). I'm not expecting perfect balance in every setting but that one seems like an easy case to fix.

Edited by WeaselPaw
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you made it really difficult for me to quote you...

1 and 4 (chain grabs) - You said it was suicide in mass PvP in your first post and are now saying "Its there so you get a fair chance in mass pvp, and its suicide in duels if you are against good players". Make up your mind. (I think you are talking about heals though ^^)

2 and 3 (healing abilities) - I said it's the same point because you explained how the heals worked, why they could be countered and then concluded with what amount to "heals can be countered". So yeah, same subject : zerk's healing mechanics and how they are used/countered.

Not every class can heal to full with three different abilities on their own. Sure, every class can run away and wait for a wiz or heal with pots but it may take a while though, contrary to a zerk. The need to be 59 or not is irrelevant and you talking about "a bad player" underline the fact you forgot we were talking about node wars (edit : I was talking about it and didn't make that point clear, my bad). And you don't need iframes to run away... you know how I know that ? Because I do it as a valk (can't heal to full tho, too bad I thought it was the valks thing) during mass pvp without too much trouble usually.

Sure, in 1v1 we can interrupt you (you will still have healed a bit unless you just stop to heal in front of us and without CC before hand), I'm not denying that and it is a good thing that zerks can heal by themselves in GvG as it strengthen their role with the timer change, it's just that you kinda made a point about "hey we have only one really good heal, so who cares if we have three" and I think I showed that even if they have flaws, having three of them IS useful. 

You should have started with that as I actually agree with the overall idea, I just disagree with 1v1 and small scale being a minor part of the game though as it is the form of pvp you are supposed to encounter the most (while grinding usually). I'm not expecting perfect balance in every setting but that one seems like an easy case to fix.

I truly hope you are joking about the sentence with 1-4 in, because those are different statements with different sentences, and i am indeed talking about grab chains being suicide in the first post, and heals being there so you get a fair chance in mass pvp, while heals also being suicide in duels.

I did not at any point state that grab chains was there to give you a fair chance in mass pvp. Not entirely sure how you managed to put that in there, other then completely making it up on your own. So spare me the "make up your mind" comments, as you were the person who read the first HALF of a sentence in the first post, and completely ignored the fact that sentence was about game balance philosophy, not the berserker class.

So, I will try to be exeptionally clear.

1: First point in first post I state that if you go into grab chains in mass pvp, its suicide. Then i go on to make the point of the sentence, which is game balance philosophy.

2: Healing abilties in DUELS is also suicide.

So to summarize those two points:

* Grab chains is suicide in mass pvp.

* -> * Grab chains are there for 1 vs 1 (duels), and are slightly overpowered because of the new passive.

* Heals are suicide in duels.

* -> Heals are there for nodewars, so that you can GET OUT and reset without dying every 5 seconds.

Now on to what ive colored red in the quote:

Not every class can heal to full no, but most classes have ESCAPE mechanics, or block mechanics. Berserkers dont. So while you as a valk can block and heal, or relatively easy move out and heal, a berserker can NOT do that.

They have lavapiercer (which is affected by pre-existing slows and slows that get put on them at that time), and here comes the 59 part that you blatantly told everyone to disregard, but thats one of the most important mobility skills berserkers get, double giant leap.

Both are tricky to use to escape, and 99% of the time, you wont be able too.
Berserkers that are decent, are ALWAYS the first ones in, and escaping afterwards is hard as hell. They cant block to start resetting, and theres zero iframes to reset.

A sorc can pot while iframing until hp is full, same with musa, wizard, and as you say, valks and warriors can block and move with relative ease. Thats not true for a berserker at all. Dont believe me, roll a berserker and try. The mobility mechanics are way different from the two classes. Hence, why 59 is a gamechanger, because you can start jumping out, and reset with heals. And that is the reason the heals are balanced for mass pvp.

When it comes to 1 vs 1's, the fearsome tyrant one is good (and counterable), as ive stated all along, but the other two is suicide against any good or even decent player.

In mass pvp, they are useful, they are amazing, but with the new mechanics, they are also NEEDED to not completely break any point of being a berserker in mass pvp.

In 1 vs 1, the heals are absolute trash.

My point with the first sentence, and what mattered all along, is that you cant balance the game around 1 vs 1, without having to completely re-designing the entire game.

The grab chains that make a berserker powerful (borderline op) in duels, are garbage in the grand scheme of their role. The heals they got just made them able to be part of the fight in mass pvp, instead of spending 90% of their time dead.

Thats why the heals are barely ever mentioned by good players, because they are completely balanced for their use, which is mass pvp, but they are extremely tricky to use if you havent gotten to 59, because you dont get an escape mechanic before that. Every other class gets escape mechanics much much earlier. And you can deny that all you want, but the fact of the matter is, the escape mechanics, or how you manage to give yourself a short break to actually utilize those 3 heals we have, matter alot.

The same heals will only ever be useful in duels against very bad players.

Now, can the grabs be adjusted to balance it out? absolutely. But, is that high on the priority list when the overall balance in mass pvp is what matters? My arguement would be no, because the only classes that truly get affected by it, are warriors and valks. Everything else have a pretty fair fight against berserkers if you know what you are doing.

Edited by Dragonix

Posted (edited)

Zerker is definitely very very very strong in open world 1v1 pvp (which is what this topic is about). If they come up from behind and get a grab on you when you are farming, chances are you are dead unless the desync gods smile on you or u somehow mange to use ur v. Even if they don't get the ninja grab on you, they are really hard to cc, and they just need that one grab on you, and you're pretty much -----ed. It's not even the heal that's the problem, it's the dumb choice to allow them to chain grab so many times without any way to get out of it. With that new passive too, it's so easy to get 100% grab resist ignore ._.

Perfect. Just take out grab chain then since this game is balanced towards mass pvp. Never gonna use it might as well just take it out. Won't feel any diff in mass pvp thankfully since trying to chain it is suicide c: . Then no need to worry about grab chain in open world 1v1 :D. 

Edited by SereneWaves

Posted (edited)

Yea lets just link more KR video, with people have 240AP and lets compare it with EU where most players dont event hit 200AP. That's some nice logic we got here.

Edited by WhySoCasual