• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Maybe start fixing P2W?.. Please..

29 posts in this topic

Posted

I really want to buy your game.. but from what I've been seeing, lots of players and YouTubers stopped supporting and playing the game. The thing is that your game is the style of RPG that I'm looking for and I want to have the best experience playing it.

Keep in mind that if I enjoy the game I will gladly also put some money in it as I am one of the poor guys and spent money just for things that count.

(Just saying that, because there are other better ways to make profits out of this game and all people would be willing to pay even a little bit to make their experience of the game better)

IMG_20161204_210736.jpg

Posted

' really want to buy your game.. '

So you don't even own the game? Why are you saying it's P2W if you don't even own the game.. You wouldn't have any idea how this game works if you don't play it. Don't take what Youtubers or 'players' for what they say until you actually experienced it yourself. It's a very skewed way of choosing whether or not to play a game. I don't even watch Youtubers who play this game, only recently found one who I don't even watch anyway as it's not really a fun game to watch for me. 

This game is far from P2W. You can buy outfits to sell on the AH but that's very inefficient way of making money. You're paying $30 for a outfit that sells for what, 20m? then we have the tax, so you aren't profiting much from it. You can make that much in a an hour if you tried. Everything in the shop is more quality of life things rather than things that will make you money. Maybe actually buy the game and see for yourself instead of taking others words for it when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

9 people like this

Posted

' really want to buy your game.. '

So you don't even own the game? Why are you saying it's P2W if you don't even own the game.. You wouldn't have any idea how this game works if you don't play it. Don't take what Youtubers or 'players' for what they say until you actually experienced it yourself. It's a very skewed way of choosing whether or not to play a game. I don't even watch Youtubers who play this game, only recently found one who I don't even watch anyway as it's not really a fun game to watch for me. 

This game is far from P2W. You can buy outfits to sell on the AH but that's very inefficient way of making money. You're paying $30 for a outfit that sells for what, 20m? then we have the tax, so you aren't profiting much from it. You can make that much in a an hour if you tried. Everything in the shop is more quality of life things rather than things that will make you money. Maybe actually buy the game and see for yourself instead of taking others words for it when they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

Hey Swifty, 

I agree with everything you said.. I don't watch Youtubers as much as you think, the thing that annoyed me is the fact that in my 'research' I have been going through some videos and all of them are rants and things like that. Everyone is complaining about the P2W aspect and that's what makes me unsure of whether should I spend the 10-30 bucks on this game. As for the purchase of the game, I will buy it and see what's going on.

Posted

Please put those p2w aspects here and let us see if its true or not. 

3 people like this

Posted

It's not P2W it's Pay to not be annoyed & inconvenienced. 

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

Please put those p2w aspects here and let us see if its true or not. 

There is something about the pet system and costumes I'm not sure at all.

Oh and a shop where you can buy in game stuff with real money

Edited by Yanoza

Posted

There is something about the pet system and costumes I'm not sure at all.

Oh and a shop where you can buy in game stuff with real money

Okay, first.

Pets: Yes, they will loot for you. Is it p2w, no not really. If you are in the top 10% then you might wanna get four pets either from the marketplace or pearl shop. Not necessary, remember. Other games that req a lot of looting don't have this convenience. 

Costumes: 10% more EXP. Can be bought off the marketplace as well, it's easy to get them there on Saturdays.

Sell stuff on the marketplace: Yes, five items per week. There is a calculation on the forum that indicates that this req ALOT ,I mean, several k to get you anywhere. Not p2w either. 

P2W is when you buy something with real money that you cant get from within the game or its that you pay an amount of money to get ahead, like really far ahead from others. 

Dont listen to people that just talk with their feelings. Facts are there to be shown that they are wrong. You can'tt argue with a crying kid. 

6 people like this

Posted

Okay, first.

Pets: Yes, they will loot for you. Is it p2w, no not really. If you are in the top 10% then you might wanna get four pets either from the marketplace or pearl shop. Not necessary, remember. Other games that req a lot of looting don't have this convenience. 

Costumes: 10% more EXP. Can be bought off the marketplace as well, it's easy to get them there on Saturdays.

Sell stuff on the marketplace: Yes, five items per week. There is a calculation on the forum that indicates that this req ALOT ,I mean, several k to get you anywhere. Not p2w either. 

P2W is when you buy something with real money that you cant get from within the game or its that you pay an amount of money to get ahead, like really far ahead from others. 

Dont listen to people that just talk with their feelings. Facts are there to be shown that they are wrong. You can'tt argue with a crying kid. 

Thanks, this helps a lot.

Posted

sad thing. i first timed bought a pearl box last thursday. never got. will PROBABLY get it tommorow since we are on week end right now.

i will never buy again.

Posted

sad thing. i first timed bought a pearl box last thursday. never got. will PROBABLY get it tommorow since we are on week end right now.

i will never buy again.

This is of topic and doesnt add anything. If you need help, contact the support about your problem. I bought over 1k of stuff and it never failed, not even once. 

2 people like this

Posted

The P2W QQing back in past is a huge lie, you cant pay to become the best in the game, well you can but youd be dropping a huge amount of wealth AND its going to take a long long time. 5 Items = 25m each thats 125m per week, that 125m someone can easily earn within a few hours, and the gear that 125m can easily be made with resources under 125m, so in the end its nowhere near the P2W alot of games have, such as Archeage and BnS, where you can acquire the best gear or skip a huge part of upgrading via cash shop. AA is F2P with trading, and gold sellers a huge part of how its P2W, while BnS, the cash shop offers materials required to upgrading gear... skipping hours of grinding dungeons (lol)

RNG is your ultimate enemy here, it doesnt care whether you dropped $10 or $5000, you can get a gear in an instant while someone has been working on  that exact same gear for weeks. For example, im nearing the 100 token requirement to get the supposedly strongest weapon in the game, and everytime I get in those events instead of getting the weapon or anything great, the winner who gets the loot is some random nobody; pretty annoying but thats how it is. 

Its not white knighting, its just providing a conclusion base on experience of playing actual p2w games. 

Heck, in Mabinogi if you dont spend real money youre gonna be walking in your entire time.

4 people like this

Posted

, that 125m someone can easily earn within a few hours

Heck, in Mabinogi if you dont spend real money youre gonna be walking in your entire time.

how teach me

Also when I played mabi there were quests you could do for perma pets. Not sure if that changed. In Mabi the real enemy is lack of inventory space.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not pay to win perhaps, but if you pay you can get ALOT of money, and pretty efficiently if you have alot you are willing to spend on the shop... It will only become pay to win if and when they introduce a level boost system of some kind like WoW, you will notice there are XP boosts on the store which are very much pay to win however this is not the case as they are purchased ONLY with loyalty points, which are earned from playing the game.

Posted

It's not pay to win perhaps, but if you pay you can get ALOT of money, and pretty efficiently if you have alot you are willing to spend on the shop... It will only become pay to win if and when they introduce a level boost system of some kind like WoW, you will notice there are XP boosts on the store which are very much pay to win however this is not the case as they are purchased ONLY with loyalty points, which are earned from playing the game.

You can sell a cash shop costume for silver, and even then, someone has to want it., and the amount of silver you get in return for it is... sad, at best. It's easier to just grind out the silver yourself. Trying to P2W via the market will destroy your wallet, and if you do that, that's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with your spending habits at that point.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks, this helps a lot.

you also get free pets fairly regularly from events

Posted

The extra 30% silver from the marketplace with the Value Pack is pay-to-win (yes, even though it's after taxes and works out closer to 20% with that considered). Anyone that can't acknowledge that is so brainwashed that their opinion no longer counts. Furthermore, the Ghillie Suit is also pay-to-win. It's paying for an unfair advantage over other players, just as the value pack is, which is in essence pay-to-win. Honestly, they should just remove those two things (not even the entire value pack, just that from it) and the game would be fine. Nobody even asked for it nor wanted it. A lot of people hated it and quit over it.

The rest of the stuff isn't really pay to win as far as I've seen. The pets are just a convenience and not even remotely necessary. Costumes shouldn't have stats as far as I'm concerned but seeing as to how they can be sold by other players on the marketplace it's not a huge deal. I suppose one could argue that you can buy value packs on the marketplace as well but they go very quickly and with the number of players that sell them and the amount of players in the game it's probably unlikely you'll manage to consistently snag them from there.

All that aside, the biggest problem here seems to be the RNG with acquiring loot and enchanting it (and the costs thereof). But that's pretty typical with Korean MMO's. God, I remember enchanting in Lineage II... not to mention the grinding... you guys think you have it bad here, oh man...

Posted

The extra 30% silver from the marketplace with the Value Pack is pay-to-win (yes, even though it's after taxes and works out closer to 20% with that considered). Anyone that can't acknowledge that is so brainwashed that their opinion no longer counts. Furthermore, the Ghillie Suit is also pay-to-win. It's paying for an unfair advantage over other players, just as the value pack is, which is in essence pay-to-win. Honestly, they should just remove those two things (not even the entire value pack, just that from it) and the game would be fine. Nobody even asked for it nor wanted it. A lot of people hated it and quit over it.

The rest of the stuff isn't really pay to win as far as I've seen. The pets are just a convenience and not even remotely necessary. Costumes shouldn't have stats as far as I'm concerned but seeing as to how they can be sold by other players on the marketplace it's not a huge deal. I suppose one could argue that you can buy value packs on the marketplace as well but they go very quickly and with the number of players that sell them and the amount of players in the game it's probably unlikely you'll manage to consistently snag them from there.

All that aside, the biggest problem here seems to be the RNG with acquiring loot and enchanting it (and the costs thereof). But that's pretty typical with Korean MMO's. God, I remember enchanting in Lineage II... not to mention the grinding... you guys think you have it bad here, oh man...

You can buy both the value pack and the ghille suit from the market, there for not p2w. p2w means strictly cash shop exclusives. you can not get it any other way other then buying that item from the cash shop, not buy it from the cash shop and sell it on the market. undervalued that makes it cost less per $1USD to buy for silver.

1966721.png

2 people like this

Posted

You can buy both the value pack and the ghille suit from the market, there for not p2w. p2w means strictly cash shop exclusives.

No, I disagree, as you're just making someone else pay for you. It still perpetuates the "pay money for this item", albeit indirectly.

Posted

Oh boy. So you´re starting your argument off with saying that any counterarguments are considered brainwashed...this if nothing else shows that you don't want a debate since your holding is unsteady. The 30% of sales is ontop of the already taxed %, so it's not really 30% extra cash in your wallet. In what aspect does a ghillie suit gives you an unfair advantage? By not letting people see your name. Remember, this does not apply node/guild wars. 

No, I disagree, as you're just making someone else pay for you. It still perpetuates the "pay money for this item", albeit indirectly.

This is true, you are indirectly paying for the item. But the item in question is not considered pw2. 

Posted

This is true, you are indirectly paying for the item. But the item in question is not considered pw2. 

I mean, I was just pointing that out because it's a solid point. As to whether it's p2w, i'm on the fence. If anything, I just think it's unnecessary and stupid. 

Posted

As others have said this is not a P2W game. 

Its pay for some convenience like pets to loot for you, or some general reduction in grind. Most games have these systems now.

Also a HUGE point that people ALWAYS miss, ghillie suit does not stop you from flashing red. Sure you cant see their name above them, but when they attack they flash red and their name appears on a health bar at the top middle of your screen. Personally i always play with ALL names off (more immersive etc) and have no problem with PvP. And yes as mentioned they have no function at all in node/siege wars which is probably where you will get most your PvP

Posted

Pets and costumes, Value Pack. available through the ingame marketplace, what buying them from the cash shop offers is no competition in buying them. So you can either swipe a card or diligently sit in the market to snipe what you need.

Weight increases. while we have 200 expandable weight ingame and soon a belt that can give 300 at duo, the cash shop version allows one to build a pretty massive weight, its not game breaking but it kinda hovers on the edge of what is personally acceptable for me

Artisans memory, allows you to effectively tripple your enchanting attempts and there is no in game method available that does the same, the loyalty version is far overpriced to be usefull for BIS stuff, Yes this falls in the realm of P2W, even then RNG can ruin you. some cuck will get a high end enhancement success in his first try at 5 stacks while you've spent 300 dolla on Art Mems and are on 200 stacks and still failing. Despite that I do not support this item, its just good to lay all cards on the table

Converting Cash to Silver through Selling Cash items on the ingame market place. This isnt P2W AT ALL and lets see a bit of mathematics to see why
Current BIS items cost 17.6 billion silver in the market.
you can only swipe 100million a week into your account
it will take you 176 weeks to generate that kind of silver through spending around 25k dolla
thats 3.6 years, essentially if you start today, you'll be able to buy get current BIS items in July 2020. By then what we have now wont even be BIS anymore.
People have this gear through their ingame time and effort within 6-7 months.
so i DO NOT see any way where i can argue that selling ITEMS on the AH P2W when it takes you 4 times as long to swipe the amount of silver into the game that a regular player can get 6 months.

so logic dictates that the only real P2W item in the game is Art Mems. i want them gone too. as for the other stuff, they've been balanced quite well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Either the youtubers or you have no idea what P2W mean, or you mix something up. BDO cash shop is anything but P2W, you can not buy there ANYTHING that will give you an advantage over others. Point. Problems with the cash shop are:

1)The pricing policy... US/EU is way overpriced. Another point would be the dyes.... you can get them in the game in the KR version, but you have to pay in the shop in US/EU.

2) Pets. It is kind of impossible to pick all loot by hand in BDO, it works to some degree on lower levels, but past 50... not a chance. And there is a HUGE difference between a tier 1 and a tier 3 pet. So basicaly, you have to buy at least 8 pets. And good luck getting one at the market, especialy when you are new and have not the cash.

Now, pets are the only realy helpfull and "necessary" thing, everthing else is convencience and cosmetics, the bonus you get are not worth mentioning... 10% exp bonus on an outfit? Worthless past 54 (and with the weekend exp bonus EVERYONE gets EVERY weekend you go from 1 to 54 in a matter of hours). 10% lower degradation of your weapon when wearing an outfit? Well, you have to pay 50.000silver for repairs after 30min of farming, but in the same time you get 2+ million silver in return in loot. Character name change, family name change, horse name change, skill reset and so on and so on, nothing realy game breaking. The value pack for 15 bucks (lasts 30days) is kind of nice... 16 inv slots/16 storage slots 10% exp bonus, limitless appearance change, unlimited (all) dyes... is nice to have, but not a must have. The only "real" P2W item is the 50% exp bonus for 1hour... but that cost 300 loyalties and everyone gets that (you get 100 loyalties per day), thats it.

BDO have various flaws, but P2W is definitely NOT one of them.

Posted (edited)

Hey Swifty, 

I agree with everything you said.. I don't watch Youtubers as much as you think, the thing that annoyed me is the fact that in my 'research' I have been going through some videos and all of them are rants and things like that. Everyone is complaining about the P2W aspect and that's what makes me unsure of whether should I spend the 10-30 bucks on this game. As for the purchase of the game, I will buy it and see what's going on.

Most of those P2W rant videos were made early August when it was announced you would be able to sell cash shop items on the marketplace. Unfortunately, people didn't have the patience to see how it would implemented, so they quickly made those rant videos claiming the game is now dead because of P2W. One week later, the implementation of "P2W" was far less severe than people expected, but those youtubers didn't bother to remove or update their videos. It's a shame as I imagine a lot of people are getting a false first impression of the game because of it.

Edited by FluffyQuack
1 person likes this