• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert needs some rethinking. Item obtaining, leveling, bad events.

113 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello.  Played since release, actively the first months then slacking and afking a lot but 24/7 online fishing and making money/breeding horses.
Past 1.5 month been very active bosshunter and enjoying that, getting silver, getting BiS gear, etc.  210ap/250dp.

Some things i think would make the game better.  

1.   Make grinding fun again, stop giving out so much free stuff, instead give active players attention, make black stones drop way more often than they do, we have a problem with supply lately.  Not just events, make it possible for people to grind their own black stones.   Same thing goes for other important items like the Ogre ring and other BiS items, up the obtain chance rather than give them for free based on luck in boxes.  Same goes for all items, make grinding and being active more lucrative.   Don't give player A jack while player B gets BiS items in his RNG boxes, it aint fair.  

2.  Giving out free items in RNG boxes tilts your true and active players.   I myself never got anything nice from boxes, sure i appriciated the sharps, hards, black stones, memory frags, witch earrings and all that but i'd prefer grinding for them, why give it to me just for being online?  Is this "stay online simulator" or an mmorpg where people should work for their stuff?  I get you want beginners to catchup but give them bound +15 grunil sets and yurias they can start their journey with?  

3.  It's time for a new level softcap, players have been 58+ for a long time now, it's time to raise the softcap to 58 and make 58-60 easier as well.   The leveling in this game is very time consuming, break the korean habbit of horrible leveling and let us enjoy other content and pvp that this game offers, because it's a great game and you shouldn't make us stare at the same spot for weeks/months.

4.  S T O P  giving BIS items as online rewards!     You are ruining the fun of BiS items.  

Other than that, the game is still good, except from being one of the classes that hasn't been awakened yet. 

Edited by Obbe
8 people like this

Posted

Obbe,

I would assume their approach here is to entice players (new, returning, and old) an incentive to keep playing the game (this may speak volumes to their overall player base count).  But you're on track with item four.  Not only are they ruining the fun of BiS, but it completely devalues the armor. We saw this with 'Red Nose Day.'  The market was flooded with Red Nose armor and now its worth less than 10m.  Perhaps we may see the same result coming into these new rewards (time will tell) or perhaps not, but items of this magnitude should be earned.

Lady_Shi

Posted

3.  It's time for a new level softcap, players have been 58+ for a long time now, it's time to raise the softcap to 58 and make 58-60 easier as well.   The leveling in this game is very time consuming, break the korean habbit of horrible leveling and let us enjoy other content and pvp that this game offers, because it's a great game and you shouldn't make us stare at the same spot for weeks/months.

its already too easy to level up, making it even easier is the same logic as bis items. "takes the fun out of it"

6 people like this

Posted

I totally agree ... i have never seen a game that gives out BiS items for doing absolutely nothing but staying online/logging in once per day.

And from my personal experiance, I have a RL friend that since all those evernts started he is like some unemploed scrub in year 2005 somewhere in Sweeden

doing nothing but logging in collecting revards and set up for afk fishing. And he is full boss geared already :)

And now that we have a significant less revarding daily log in even he doesnt know what to do with him self. ... totally lost compas where to go what to farm everything that he does for money in game doesn't seem worthy of his time etc.

Free hand outs are fine if they are rare and not so revarding ... stuff we had up untill now is excessive and counter productive.

1 person likes this

Posted

Levelling is fine as is. New content will bring out higher soft caps eventually.

I don't care for hard/sharp/black stone events much because they kinda ruin the economy. For hard and sharps, I'd rather they just boost the drop rate a bit and leave it at that. No need for free handouts daily.

I have a sinking feeling we might be getting new boss armour with kamislav. There's a tingle in my gut

Posted (edited)

@irrelevant

I don't agree.  Leveling is not fun, that's the difference, sure its fun to grind a few hours and get to 56, it feels good and rewarding, but past 56 its nothing but a horrible grind that gets you stuck on the same spot for way too long, you lose the fun in bosshunting if you dont have a bosshunting alt which needs 160+ ap now to get loot, you lose the fun of pvp because normally you get a party wherever you level or people leave after a lot of pvp because it's a waste of time to pvp when ur leveling.  

Ofcourse its fine that it takes a while but this takes too long.  If they want beginners to stay don't give them this giant grind after 56.  BDO contradicts theirselves a lot, they give free BIS but they refuse to make leveling easier, BIS should be more valuable than levels.  Who want's a game where you grind hours and hours per day for 1.5 months from 58-60?  People today wants quick-fix games which is one of the reasons MMORPG's are _according to some people_ dying.  MMORPG's takes too long to reach the fun in the game, such as pvp or other fun stuff the game offers.

@6footgeeks

Yeah there will be new softcaps, but why not now while they are doing so much catch up and handing out BIS items even?

Yeah probably, i've thought of that as well, maybe they are giving ppl all this bis because it wont be bis anymore soonTM.

Edited by Obbe
2 people like this

Posted

I remember when having full boss armor was an accomplishment. Now it feels like full boss is standard gear 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

I remember when having full boss armor was an accomplishment. Now it feels like full boss is standard gear 

Agreed.

Got hebetate armor from hunting him, after many many kills. 100+
Got bhegs after even more, 200+
Got giath from sniping the market.
Got muskans from saving up many scrolls + popping kamasilve + gm lucky.
Kzarka after many kills.

Like it should to be.

Edited by Obbe
1 person likes this

Posted

Agreed.

Got hebetate armor from hunting him, after many many kills. 100+
Got bhegs after even more, 200+
Got giath from sniping the market.
Got muskans from saving up many scrolls + popping kamasilve + gm lucky.
Kzarka after many kills.

Like it should to be.

Imo boss armor/kzarka/Dandy should be so rare that owning one item would be considered having a pro and dedicated character.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah there will be new softcaps, but why not now while they are doing so much catch up and handing out BIS items even?

Yeah probably, i've thought of that as well, maybe they are giving ppl all this bis because it wont be bis anymore soonTM.

because there's not much incentive to go any higher than 60. Right now people are working towards 60 because most classes have important skills in their awakening that are unlocked at that point. But after that.... nothing. Save perhaps one or two cases that have that one skill level at 62.

The reasoning behind updating level caps with new content would be so that the majority of masses can get up to experiencing the new content Faster.

imo it would make much sense to rush people 60 from a dev stand point.

It's part of the reason why boss give always are so ridiculous. Still, they can do that because just having a hebe means only half the battle is over.

Posted

(...)
Ofcourse its fine that it takes a while but this takes too long.  If they want beginners to stay don't give them this giant grind after 56.  BDO contradicts theirselves a lot, they give free BIS but they refuse to make leveling easier, BIS should be more valuable than levels.  Who want's a game where you grind hours and hours per day for 1.5 months from 58-60?  People today wants quick-fix games which is one of the reasons MMORPG's are _according to some people_ dying.  MMORPG's takes too long to reach the fun in the game, such as pvp or other fun stuff the game offers.

I totally disaggree. There are different types of players. You are refering to casuals, but MMORPGs just get fast money from those, not a solid playerbase. It is because of that "casualizing", that MMORPGs get shorter periods of survival at the market.

And in terms of playertypes: There are a lot of gamers, who see the way of building a character through the process of leveling already as a very important part of the content. Only in PvPbased MMOs that process becomes an obstacle, which you have to leave behind as fast as possible alongside with the tiny thing in content called "optimization".

The biggest problem about leveling in BDO is more like, you get to Lv 56 very fast, but then you have a jointbreak in incoming Exp - maybe it is partly due to the fact, that there are no good places to level as fast as the levels before, but in addition to this that gap of gameflow beginning with Lv 56 and up is tremendous. It should be stepwise slower levels before, in my oppinion.

But ask yourself: If you reach Lv 60+, what are you planning to do? Dominating other players because of the huge difference in level?

The first question above is one of the most essential one in all MMORPGs, if one thinks, that leveling must be done quicker...

Posted

you lose the fun in bosshunting if you dont have a bosshunting alt which needs 160+ ap now to get loot,

this is completly bullshit.

1 person likes this

Posted

this is completly bullshit.

Might be slightly exaggerated but we have to assume there's over 40 ppl on field bosses, because you never know if you're gona be lucky to get into a channel with less than 40.

Posted

I obtain all my items from log in rewards!!!! :D

Posted

Might be slightly exaggerated but we have to assume there's over 40 ppl on field bosses, because you never know if you're gona be lucky to get into a channel with less than 40.

who said that only 40 ppl get drops? as i remember it was reworked also that u dont need a lot of ap anymore.

Posted (edited)

I agree with this post. 1500+ hours game time, and I'm still missing my muskans. Meanwhile some asshat lowbie has tri muskans because thanks RNG boxes.

This -----ing game. If SWG was still alive I'd be playing it instead. 

who said that only 40 ppl get drops? as i remember it was reworked also that u dont need a lot of ap anymore.

Top 20 get a chance at boss drop, top 60 get loot in general, everyone else gets squat. This was confirmed by Jouska a while ago.

Edited by No Pantsu

Posted

I agree with this post. 1500+ hours game time, and I'm still missing my muskans. Meanwhile some asshat lowbie has tri muskans because thanks RNG boxes.

This -----ing game. If SWG was still alive I'd be playing it instead. 

Top 20 get a chance at boss drop, top 60 get loot in general, everyone else gets squat. This was confirmed by Jouska a while ago.

never red that could show it to me?

Posted

BiS, although I've always found this term hilarious, should be best for the things it does not because it shows the elitism of your epeen.

And that's been my bittervet rant of the day.

Posted

Hello.  Played since release, actively the first months then slacking and afking a lot but 24/7 online fishing and making money/breeding horses.
Past 1.5 month been very active bosshunter and enjoying that, getting silver, getting BiS gear, etc.  210ap/250dp.

Some things i think would make the game better.  

1.   Make grinding fun again, stop giving out so much free stuff, instead give active players attention, make black stones drop way more often than they do, we have a problem with supply lately.  Not just events, make it possible for people to grind their own black stones.   Same thing goes for other important items like the Ogre ring and other BiS items, up the obtain chance rather than give them for free based on luck in boxes.  Same goes for all items, make grinding and being active more lucrative.   Don't give player A jack while player B gets BiS items in his RNG boxes, it aint fair.  

2.  Giving out free items in RNG boxes tilts your true and active players.   I myself never got anything nice from boxes, sure i appriciated the sharps, hards, black stones, memory frags, witch earrings and all that but i'd prefer grinding for them, why give it to me just for being online?  Is this "stay online simulator" or an mmorpg where people should work for their stuff?  I get you want beginners to catchup but give them bound +15 grunil sets and yurias they can start their journey with?  

4.  S T O P  giving BIS items as online rewards!     You are ruining the fun of BiS items.  

Other than that, the game is still good, except from being one of the classes that hasn't been awakened yet. 

Its like a contradiction for me what u talking about. U want less events and then u want easier level after 58? When it would get easier, ppl would say "ohh i grinded for 1000 hours for 60 and now its so easy, my time is wasted and my life doesnt makes sense anymore"

Posted

And raise the pvp level cap. lol

Posted

u know the boss accessories like ogre ring thats given for the log in event, its more like rental. its just there to make sure everyone gets a taste of it and then its gone. the ppl who have tri ogre will have it regardless if they got that one ring more or less.

Posted

never red that could show it to me?

i would be intrested in this as well? I always assumed the case was just the higher "tier" damage you did, the better the chances for bossgear.

and i can confirm that 160 ap wont do jackshit at bosses anymore, my current bosshunting alt is at ~155 ap and he doesnt get ANY loot at karanda as soon as there are more than 40-50 people. And im at 49 auras atm, so the dozens of kills when i did not get any loot weren't just "unlucky rare occasions".

1 person likes this

Posted

i would be intrested in this as well? I always assumed the case was just the higher "tier" damage you did, the better the chances for bossgear.

and i can confirm that 160 ap wont do jackshit at bosses anymore, my current bosshunting alt is at ~155 ap and he doesnt get ANY loot at karanda as soon as there are more than 40-50 people. And im at 49 auras atm, so the dozens of kills when i did not get any loot weren't just "unlucky rare occasions".

alt have 100 ap got hebe armor when boss had 5 % i did few hits

Posted

alt have 100 ap got hebe armor when boss had 5 % i did few hits

how many people were there?

Posted (edited)

how many people were there?

idk it was the last channel alive so i think a lot.

forgot to mention it was pre merge

Edited by Myntiix