• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

old totem of the sea Totem Results - Post Your Results Here

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Does it just use 1 stone per attempt even if you put more in the slot?

Yes, only one stone.

Posted

Seems pretty random to me. I have my totem to Hard Totem of the Sea and it gives +6% speed buff. Nothing else yet. I think I'm averaging 7-8 fails before I finally get a successful upgrade. So far...

Posted (edited)

so far I have tried it twice at 80% and failed both times.

i'm mainly doing it to get increased speed, but from the looks of it, that facet (apart from the inherent initial value) doesn't increase. Upgrades give other buffs which I'm not really interested in. Still as I prefer ocean fishing, I might as well test it.

Does it lose 50% exp whatever exp you try at or exp equal to the initial 40%? If the former, wouldn't you be better doing it as soon as you hit 80%? That's what I will do anyway.

Failure rate to date 2 fails at 80%

Updated five days later.

I
 got an upgrade to Green Plain Totem of the Sea on my fourth try (again all at 80%) and that gave me a 4% speed buff so it is definitely worth it.

It's pretty painless and as I hunt whales while out, I usually pick up a Weapon stone from one of those.

Edited by Ambersand
New result posted
1 person likes this

Posted

I would love to see more results from people. Is anyone going the full 80% route? I'd really like to see a large sample size of your success rate

Posted

I got a green one finally. I think that was 10 tries?

I would love to see more results from people. Is anyone going the full 80% route? I'd really like to see a large sample size of your success rate

I usually go at 150% just because I forget about it, and where I fish I get the XP pretty quickly.

1 person likes this

Posted

Old Totem upgrade: 1 success from 11 attempts. (All but two at 150%).

Plain Totem upgrade: 0 success from 2 attempts (both 150%).

1 person likes this

Posted

Seems pretty random to me. I have my totem to Hard Totem of the Sea and it gives +6% speed buff. Nothing else yet. I think I'm averaging 7-8 fails before I finally get a successful upgrade. So far...

wow, that is a really high rate of success if that is true

1 person likes this

Posted

wow, that is a really high rate of success if that is true

Unfortunately, the very first time I tried to upgrade from hard, instead it downgraded back to plain and I'm still trying to get back to hard again. So RNGesus is paying me back now.

Posted

Unfortunately, the very first time I tried to upgrade from hard, instead it downgraded back to plain and I'm still trying to get back to hard again. So RNGesus is paying me back now.

poop. Did the % rate per fish remain the same at hard?

Posted

I am at 13 tries for first upgrade, all failed.

Posted

failed all upgrades on old totem 20 times now 80%, does getting exp super high truly help?

Posted

poop. Did the % rate per fish remain the same at hard?

Oh yeah, it basically halves the amount of xp each fish gives for each level up on the totem. Or probably more accurately, requires double the amount of xp needed to gain 1%. In short, yep, the higher you upgrade your totem, the more fish it takes to gain the xp needed to try again for the next upgrade. And yep, it's totally RNG as far as I can tell.

Posted

Ill never know, 15 times now, no upgrade.

Posted

failed all upgrades on old totem 20 times now 80%, does getting exp super high truly help?

Im unsure. It's part of the point of this thread. Was hoping to get data froma bunch of different sources

Posted (edited)

With such low chance of success, we may need a few hundred upgrade attempts at each of 80% and 150% to calculate probability for each case. And that's for Old Totems only. This will need accurate records (totem grade, totem% and result) from lots of fishers. The end goal being to find the optimal % for upgrading at each totem level.

Edited by Traxxle

Posted

probally failed 30 times now gonna try only 150%

Posted (edited)

There is no totem slot in the Epheria Sailboat UI window in the current KR version, so unlikely they will add it to our version. See this image of the window. It shows a slot of the prow but not a totem like on the Fishing Boat.

The ship will have skills as you can see from the window image which are, I believe, related to the navigation skill in some way. Also, there are four NPCs from who you can hire a Sailor worker (requires 500 amity to open dialogue)  to work on your ship to provide certain buffs. Only one at a time I understand. So there are other ways, along with ship items to buff the sailboat.

bdo-epheria sailboat-window.png

You need certain level of sailing skill to use special abilities on your Epheria Sailboat:
Beginner 1+: Ram (Q while sailing)
Apprentice 1+: Power Accel. (Space + ↑)
Skilled 1+: Breezy Sail (Shift + ↑ while sailing at a steady speed)
Professional 1+: Swift Retreat (↓)
Artisan 1+: Abrupt Turn (While sailing, ← OR → + ↓)
Master 1+: Smooth Turn (← OR → during standby)
Guru 1+: Bullseye (Cannon reloading time shortened while on board)

By the way there really isn't Lv. 10 on that screenshot. There is Lv.1이상 (which means "Lv.1 and above").

Edited by Garkin
1 person likes this

Posted

17 failures now on old totem, going to only start trying at 150%

1 person likes this

Posted

Is it even possible to upgrade Plain totem of the sea?

I've started using this at Master 5, now I'm Master 22, almost 23 so I've tried to upgrade it over 30-40 times, lost count there.

Pretty much all my attempts go over 100% on a totem, 110 at average.

Posted

well, it seems to. 20 is a ton!!!!

Is it even possible to upgrade Plain totem of the sea?

I've started using this at Master 5, now I'm Master 22, almost 23 so I've tried to upgrade it over 30-40 times, lost count there.

Pretty much all my attempts go over 100% on a totem, 110 at average.

Good lord, I'm so sorry. 

17 failures now on old totem, going to only start trying at 150%

what % had you been trying at? 

Posted

80%, I finally got it to improve, 2 days before I got Eph boat and its worthless to me now.

Its like trying to get a TET, luckily no real cost.

Posted

I just got a Hard totem of the sea. White edition, after probably 100+ attempts at upgrading it.

various levels of exp, the succeeding one had 150% exp..

6% speed, thats it.