• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

the game does not let me unlock my fps

11 posts in this topic

Posted

vsync is off in nvidia control panel

enabled high end mode

can't play on fullscreen on 1920 x 1200, text looks weird then

also my fps is locked at 29 fps 

i5-4690k oc 4.5k 58°

gpu gtx 1060 6gb oc 63°

16gb ram

ssd samsung 850 evo

Posted

Are you playing with fullscreen mode? If so, then please try to switch it to Fullscreen Borderless instead

Posted

Months ago some people reported that their FPS was being hi-jacked because BDO detected the wrong refresh rate. Some people were able to get past the issue by changing their cable type. For example From HDMI to DVI or vice versa.

Using borderless fullscreen may work but you won't get the maximum performance that fullscreen offers (when the refresh is workign properly).

Turning off Vsync worked for me, sorry it didn't work for you.

Posted

Months ago some people reported that their FPS was being hi-jacked because BDO detected the wrong refresh rate. Some people were able to get past the issue by changing their cable type. For example From HDMI to DVI or vice versa.

Using borderless fullscreen may work but you won't get the maximum performance that fullscreen offers (when the refresh is workign properly).

Turning off Vsync worked for me, sorry it didn't work for you.

How is DVI gonna give better refresh rate? Cuz im all up for trying that, ive been getting shit fps with my beastly pc.

Posted (edited)

How is DVI gonna give better refresh rate? Cuz im all up for trying that, ive been getting shit fps with my beastly pc.

It's not so much that DVI should give a better refresh rate, but for some users swapping cables prevented BDO from getting confused and sticking at 25-29 fps.

Someone even posted a link to a thread for a different game that had the same issue, I think a  CryEngine game. Swapping cables helped some people but not all, normally its not hard to test so I figured worth mentioning.

This really only applies to people who are stuck with a forced cap of like 25, 29/30 FPS. If your FPS goes past that then it's probably not the issue.

While not an option for most, some have simply tried using a different display and that resolved the issue. I remember around launch this was a hot issue. I don't think there was every a formal solution. Ofc you wouldn't buy a monitor for this but some have access to a TV or second monitor to try it.

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

It's not so much that DVI should give a better refresh rate, but for some users swapping cables prevented BDO from getting confused and sticking at 25-29 fps.

Actually I have a weirder issue. Shitty BDO optimization aside (I should have at least 300fps >.>)
My problem is in my guild's main channel. Whenever I am in that channel, my fps is constantly <30, and the game stutters.
On other channels I have regular 60fps, the way it's meant to be played!

The thing is, I'm desperately trying to go around the shitty optimization, but it's not gonna happen.
Let's hope that japanese company Pearl Abyss hired will fix the game's engine.

Posted

Guts, yeah u have a diff issue.

For others with the FPS cap, if there is an option in your Nvidia or AMD to force the fastest refresh rate for the application you can try that.

Posted

it's a screen refresh rate issue... BDO locks the FPS to the refresh of your monitor. 

Try a custom refresh rate application .

Posted

You need to make sure you have the resolution in settings IE 1920x1080 @60 fps or w/e you monitor uses. In game make sure it is set to that resolution and is fullscreen. 

Posted (edited)

vsync is off in nvidia control panel

enabled high end mode

can't play on fullscreen on 1920 x 1200, text looks weird then

also my fps is locked at 29 fps 

i5-4690k oc 4.5k 58°

gpu gtx 1060 6gb oc 63°

16gb ram

ssd samsung 850 evo

First, what are you using to connect your monitor to your graphics card? DVI, HDMI or Display Port?  Second, disable high end mode.  Usually, I get better FPS using display port over DVI and HDMI with my 144Hz refresh rate monitor.  With DVI and HDMI, I get 20ish in heidel and my FPS anywhere else gets capped at 55-60.  Worst at world bosses because I could get 5 FPS at max.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6GHz   

GPU: GTX 980

Monitor: Acer Predator XB241H

Samsung 850 evo

Edited by Lorskie

Posted

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0