• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

voice Balanced Proximity Voice

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have a suggestion for a balanced voip system. My idea consists of a few key points to make it work in a game like this, and then ill list the reasons why this may be a good idea.

Like many games ive played, this game only supports text chat, ive never played a decent mmo before, that had a properly implimented voice communication system, much less an mmo that supported voice at all.  The first point that removes most problems from this would be to have voice chat be optional, and off by default, so noone can complain about voice chat, since they would have to know if it in order to set it up. and secondarily, it should only be proximity voice chat with volume range, and over peoples heads there should be a new option present for those with this option toggled, mute voice. The reason behind that being, adding a clan voice and party voice may help, but it only complicates things and many seem to argue against it. There should be many settings available with a system such as this, but im not covering that, if there is any interest in this the general concept, than key factors should be enough detail.

The reason this would be a good implimentation of voice would be due to immersion, many may argue against that, as people shouting random things can be immersion breaking to some or many, as this would be off by default, i cant imagine any complaints myself though. The reason i feel as if it would be a more immersive experience for players is due to the idea that immersion is more about how "alive" an mmo world feels, and this game does that marvelously. But i find npcs repeating lines constantly, and players standing around silently VERY immersion breaking. There is also hardly any communication in local channels on mmos inworld, this feels dead and sort of,(atleast in my eyes) defeats the purpose of an mmo experience. if players have the option of voice, perhaps youll hear people talking in open world, as traversing with friends, on horse, or war elephant can be quiet, voice only being public and optional forces players who wish to use this feature to speak in open world, and opens the game up to (perhaps lazier people) but thats never bad for pvp, or buisiness, as squishies tend to make good fodder. To cover why its good to force people to speak in open world, it forces people to interact, as you cant exactly ignore someone you walk up to having a conversation as well as you can with chat, unless you dont wish to hear others of course. those who do, may find more life, and become more attatched to this game. who can argue that voice communication can bring people together better than any amount of text possibly could. i can see this bringing a new type of life to a game such as this, adding better social communication in with all the amazing features this game already offers.

Bump

Edited by Kreava

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0