• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

177 posts in this topic

Posted

Then PvE channels arn't needed

in many ways your right but to avoid all of these post about the constant PVP/PVE wars between people, I personally think that would be the answer, while I can aviod it pretty well, not everyone is that fortunate. 

1 person likes this

Posted

THIS ISN'T WOW

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe I'm playing a different game, but I'm almost 100% PVE and I don't really think a dedicated channel is required. I've been playing like 176 days in game and have been PK'd 3 times, once on a horse and twice for a spot.  Since all I lost was a few minutes going back to a spot or changing channels it wasn't a big deal at all.  

I think if you are getting PK'd multiple times a day to where you think this is a problem, you are doing something wrong.  I doubt all 36 channels have PK'ers waiting for you to where you can't ever do anything in game.

For me it's part of the game.  Figure how to work around it.  It's a good RL skill also.  I also play EVE and Lineage 2 where PVE'ers get killed by PVP/PKers all the time and there is no other channel to switch to and you do lose XP or your ship.  I'm not saying that all games have to be the same, but I don't think it's that hard to avoid in most cases in this game.

2 people like this

Posted

in many ways your right but to avoid all of these post about the constant PVP/PVE wars between people, I personally think that would be the answer, while I can aviod it pretty well, not everyone is that fortunate. 

That's cause the other people NOT NAMING ANYONE are too silly to actually try and avoid it or take steps like using inbuild game features to avoid it so they then write up dumb forum posts about how they need a safe space and the game should reform to what they want not what the rest of the community wants

1 person likes this

Posted

Hold up.

You do realize that you CAN'T be PvPed if you're under level 45 right? If u wanna just lifeskill why not just stay under level 45? If you're grinding on a higher leveled account then deal with pvp. Pretty simple bro. The game can be pretty harsh with their karma system as it is if they go negative karma they can easily lose millions of silver worth of gear just by dying ONCE. I barley ever get PvPed as it is. There is plenty of low pop channels that you dont need to contest shit on anyway so just find one of them. Its not hard.

It's actually lvl 50 now as of the last patch right?

1 person likes this

Posted

That's cause the other people NOT NAMING ANYONE are too silly to actually try and avoid it or take steps like using inbuild game features to avoid it so they then write up dumb forum posts about how they need a safe space and the game should reform to what they want not what the rest of the community wants

I just want to stop these pointless PVE/PVP posts, whatever the dev does it wont be right for one side. I personally think the dev has come up with a sort of fair balance, sure it isn't perfect but what is?

Posted

Personally I like the OWPVP aspect in BDO but PvP isn't the most popular aspect in my opinion. If players wish to lifeskill/PvE in peace and separate channels are needed for them to enjoy the game, I don't see where the problem is. Obviously those lifeskill/PvE players haven't geared themselves for PvP or gained the needed SPs so why would any decent PvP'er decry separate channels. If it's because all the easy kills are removed then that's not PvP, that's just PK and maybe, if the easy kills have left, PvP'ers might actually find themselves in more challenging situations ...or not PvP at all because it hit the too hard basket.

I doubt Kakao will implement separate PvE channels though, players have been trying since just after launch to have it implemented to no avail.

3 people like this

Posted

Personally I like the OWPVP aspect in BDO but PvP isn't the most popular aspect in my opinion. If players wish to lifeskill/PvE in peace and separate channels are needed for them to enjoy the game, I don't see where the problem is. Obviously those lifeskill/PvE players haven't geared themselves for PvP or gained the needed SPs so why would any decent PvP'er decry separate channels. If it's because all the easy kills are removed then that's not PvP, that's just PK and maybe, if the easy kills have left, PvP'ers might actually find themselves in more challenging situations ...or not PvP at all because it hit the too hard basket.

I doubt Kakao will implement separate PvE channels though, players have been trying since just after launch to have it implemented to no avail.

The reason why PVP players don't want PVE channels is they will have no weak PVE players to kill for their own enjoyment and instead they will have to have a fair fight against PVP players their own level and skill. There are some PVP'ers out there that like the challenge but in my experience here, most, not all PVP'ers here are cowards and just like the easy kill. Its quite hypercritical of them saying we want a easy life and its true, we do, we are PVE players, we don't seek the thrill of PVP so it none of their business if we just want to PVE, and people saying if we do PVE channels they should be penalised? why? it wont effect PVP players if we have the same XP/rewards as you?

I'm guessing you want PVE channels to be penalised so that it deters people using them so you have weak players to slaughter. Again cowards...

I think PVP and PVE channels would solve this whole thing. PVE players can grind in peace and PVP players can have all the competition and risk they want.

Problem solved for both parties.

I see no down side in this.

2 people like this

Posted

LOL git gud carebear

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL git gud carebear

YAY anopther 5 year old.... thats 3 ive seen so far!

you forgot to call me snowflake, noob and pleb... just FYI IMAO!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

YAY anopther 5 year old.... thats 3 ive seen so far!

you forgot to call me snowflake, noob and pleb... just FYI IMAO!!!!

this game is already pve friendly enough. You're crying because you get killed somewhere, when you dont even lose stuff these days. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you use big words but have no idea what they mean, for starters, versus doesn't always mean a confrontational stance, it can bean as opposed to usually in the contextual meaning of opposite so yes, life skills IS PVE no matter how matter how you want to spin it, your against the environment, the challenge, to chop wood, to mine, not every confrontation means to kill, I suggest you read up on it because your clearly ill equipped for a intellectual discussion here. 

Also calling you idiot was a matter of perspective, you think insult, I think fact, hence no insult. Again read up.. 

grind spots respawn so they can be shared quit easily, I group with friends to do it and we share quite well with others so your adversarial bleak look on life to immediately draw swords and cut down anyone who wants to grind near you is seriously flawed and childish, children who do t want to share only grow up to be selfish people which is evidential here, you heard the expression "nature will find a way"? Well we did, we found a way to successfully grind with others without adversarial tendencies and it works. It's sad that you choose the less intelligent way. 

as for the design, the game was market as a sandbox PVE game, not once was it marketed as a open world PVP game and if you think differently I challenge you to find prove and link it here to prove me otherwise. I have looked extensively for it and there is none as far as I'm concerned. 

As for hundreds of friend I know who won't play this game, yes I do know them, I run several TS servers for years for other MMO's, I host conventions, private group blogs, discussion panels and about 3 months ago I held a poll about this very question and a staging 236 people said they wouldn't try the game due to the PVP element. I go outside and make friends buddy, make connections, I suggest you leave your house and try it. Don't assume you know me because you don't. 

Conpetition is only good against a equal skilled opponent of some degree, all you PVP'ers like to do is prey on the weak of activate PK on someone unawares, and PK them from behind, that's not competition, that's cowardly. Try picking a fair right for a change and stop throwing your toys out of your Priam every time someone e wants to grind near you. 

Like I said before I'll say it again, you don't own the game, the server, the channel, the mobs or the spot, you never did and never will, it belongs to the who,e community and the fast you realise that my friend the better. 

Clearly you need a lesson of how to play nice with others since you weren't taught it as a child. 

No, no, and ... no

First, learn to read before reacting and put your frustration everywhere in kneejerk reactions.

You say

grind spots respawn so they can be shared quit easily, I group with friends to do it and we share quite well with others so your adversarial bleak look on life to immediately draw swords and cut down anyone who wants to grind near you is seriously flawed and childish

I say -> Autoquote :

Their distribution is a player's fact, that's why spots are contested if an agreement couldn't be found (you know, you can use diplomacy before drawing your sword). PVX not pure PvE nor PvP.

But you assume that I attack every player that cross my path, because of what seems to be a frustration induced tunnel vision.
Read. don't react.

On that point specifically

grind spots respawn so they can be shared quit easily,

Yes, until a certain saturation point. Once it is reached, then diminishing returns hits you quite hard, and XP is quite long to obtain once awakening is reached.

But maybe you're not high level enough and farm too slow to see that, I don't know.
And I play with friends also, and we always try find a spot when there's nobody. But once saturation is reached, then you need to make space, protect the place you're occupying, because no, there's not enough ressources for everybody, it ends up in kill stealing where every player is like a rabid dog waiting for mobs to respawn.

And by the way you already have a solution to never be confronted to PvP. Don't go past lvl 50.

On that

children who do t want to share only grow up to be selfish people which is evidential here, you heard the expression "nature will find a way"?

Yes I share. I share with my friends first. Because you know, that's how things works in life. Your peers first, randoms after, like in every social group since forever. Like in nature since you mention that. Once again, you seem to assume that I play solo, because of what seems to be frustration induced kneejerk reactions maybe ? I don't know.

Then, definition of versus means against, no other thing. I didn't made it. Latins did. You don't fight the environment with lifeskills, you're exploiting it. The environment, trees, grass, rocks, cow.... doesn't provide opposition, it provides resources and tools for wealth, in order to prepare yourself for real challenges.
Lifeskills are tools, they serve PvE as well as PvP, because the game is PVX. I do lifeskills also, and that's why I'm one of the best fishers in EU servers, always in top 30, often in top 15, and very often in top 30 of horse trainers and traders.

Conpetition is only good against a equal skilled opponent of some degree, all you PVP'ers like to do is prey on the weak of activate PK on someone unawares, and PK them from behind, that's not competition, that's cowardly. Try picking a fair right for a change and stop throwing your toys out of your Priam every time someone e wants to grind near you. 

Assumptions  and hard segreration between PvE and PvP again. And your words really make you look frustrated. Stop puting words and thoughts in other mouths and minds because, I don't know, you are somewhat anxious. Breathe, read and analyse.

There are two models of competition : sports competition, the one that you find in sports and e-sports; and biological competition, the one that you find in ecosystems. Not all games can follow sport competition model, simply because they are not sport eligible (you need motor relevance and regulated environmenent to be sports eligible). I trained and competed in martial arts for several years (you know, the tatami, the place where you really feel the blows, the pain they induce and where mistakes are unforgiving, what we call "moments of truth") and I play esports eligible games also, I love Vs fighting and kakuto games since forever.
But what i seek in these games is not what I seek in BDO, because BDO is an ecosystem with emergent gameplay and player driven geopolitics, not just a big arena.

as for the design, the game was market as a sandbox PVE game, not once was it marketed as a open world PVP game and if you think differently I challenge you to find prove and link it here to prove me otherwise. I have looked extensively for it and there is none as far as I'm concerned. 

No, you didn't

And challenge accepted. That's not even a challenge to be honest.

First because of that

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/70

That is the press release that was made to announce the game launch, taken over by all gaming news site (that's what a press release is for)

• Extensive open world PvP modes (Arena mode, guild vs guild, node wars, castle siege, and more)

Then because of that.

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210755369-Reporting-another-Player

Please be aware that we will not get involved in PvP disputes. Black Desert Online is a competitive PvP game, where open world PvP and PK’ing is possible. We expect our players to look for an in game resolution for these issues.

And also because informations about the project are avalaible in english since 2012. Yes, 4 years

http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/897-black-desert-online-interview

First official interview in english, Page 3

Q: Will this game have some kind of Player Kill system? Are there any penalties to players that enjoy PK'ing random players or penalties to players that are killed by PK'ers?

PK is possible but we are still discussing on how much of it we will allow. We think that it should be just right so that players don't leave the game because of too much PK. We are also considering making PK available during guild wars, so other players can PK other players who are in GvG. It is still too early us to decide.

16 17

Usually there is a chance to drop items when a player dies, though items that are binded on the character won't drop. We think that players losing a hard earned bind on pick up item will be too frustrating so we decided to go with this kind of system.

Open PvP is in the project since the begining, players who actually informed themselves know it since 2012, wether you like it or not. You just proved me that you didn't.

And saying Sandbox PvE game just shows that you are only reasonning with hard segregation between activities in mind. PvE or PvP. The game is not one or the other, it's the 2 at once. PVX

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

Im sorry i completely disagree

The fundamental problem people overlook is that the game is made and balanced with a certain model in mind, in this case OPvP. To add a channel that is PvE only unbalances the game completely. The only way would be a PvE *SERVER* where it cant impact the current game at all, or a locked channel that PvE chars cannot leave and OPvP chars cant join.

However It would require a total rework of the game mechanics in place in order for this game to function successfully as a PvE game, its just not designed that way.

This is the same argument that came up in EVE time and time and time again. Over 13 years later they still have not changed their system. This is the style of game you are playing, whether or not it was what you thought you were getting. Im very sorry if its not for you, but their are plenty of PvE MMOs out there that you can try.

Posted

I've been pvped, what, 3 times ever?

1 was by some guy randomly attacking me while I was riding to somewhere. Minor inconvenience. Horse didn't die, so nothing lost at all.

1 was by a bad friend. Stopped talking to him. Minor inconvenience.

1 was a confrontation with another guild that was very one-sided in their favor. Minor inconvenience.

What is with all the whining?? Are you really that sensitive that you can't take being killed a couple times while doing things? Sure, it sucks, but there isn't ANY repercussions to you WHATSOEVER.

If you're in a grind spot, you should expect it. There aren't enough mobs to go around, so people have to compete for them sometimes. If you did a PvE channel, those spots would always be taken and no one would get anywhere, so it's clearly not even meant for grinding. Then, what is it for? It's not like you can't gather materials already? I haven't been killed once while gathering, and even if I did, its, what, 2 minutes of my time taken?? What's the big deal?

1 person likes this

Posted

just have flagged only pvp to stop greifing and put an unfalg cool down

problem solved

2 people like this

Posted

bullshit threat.. ppl cant think about shit before they post it down here... you may think about what happens if they would bring this to the game?

You see "i can farm freely" but that is 1.) not what u get and 2.) its gona destroy the game 100% more then to lose some ppl who cant handle opvp and want shit for free.

Posted

Also calling you idiot was a matter of perspective, you think insult, I think fact, hence no insult.

No, that's clearly an insult. You are calling him stupid. That's not a fact. That's an opinion. What the hell? Did you never learn that in school?

Like, putting aside the argument, look at this line. Can you honestly ever say "stupid = fact", aside from an actual mental problem??

The reason why PVP players don't want PVE channels is they will have no weak PVE players to kill for their own enjoyment and instead they will have to have a fair fight against PVP players their own level and skill.

Also, that's not necessarily true. Look at all the people who are giving legitimate arguments that don't even stem from that. You're writing everyone off as thinking one thing when this thread could even have PvPers making good points.

to avoid all of these post about the constant PVP/PVE wars between people, I personally think that would be the answer, while I can avoid it pretty well, not everyone is that fortunate. 

So, instead of teaching them how to deal with it and laugh it off or not take it so hard when it does happen, you take it out entirely, when it is avoidable?? 

That just seems like you're teaching a bad life lesson. Rather then teach a man how to fish, you're feeding him a buffet over and over. He'll become useless and unable to find food himself. It'll become dependence. 

Posted

No, no, and ... no

First, learn to read before reacting and put your frustration everywhere in kneejerk reactions.

You say

I say -> Autoquote :

But you assume that I attack every player that cross my path, because of what seems to be a frustration induced tunnel vision.
Read. don't react.

On that point specifically

Yes, until a certain saturation point. Once it is reached, then diminishing returns hits you quite hard, and XP is quite long to obtain once awakening is reached.

But maybe you're not high level enough and farm too slow to see that, I don't know.
And I play with friends also, and we always try find a spot when there's nobody. But once saturation is reached, then you need to make space, protect the place you're occupying, because no, there's not enough ressources for everybody, it ends up in kill stealing where every player is like a rabid dog waiting for mobs to respawn.

And by the way you already have a solution to never be confronted to PvP. Don't go past lvl 50.

On that

Yes I share. I share with my friends first. Because you know, that's how things works in life. Your peers first, randoms after, like in every social group since forever. Like in nature since you mention that. Once again, you seem to assume that I play solo, because of what seems to be frustration induced kneejerk reactions maybe ? I don't know.

Then, definition of versus means against, no other thing. I didn't made it. Latins did. You don't fight the environment with lifeskills, you're exploiting it. The environment, trees, grass, rocks, cow.... doesn't provide opposition, it provides resources and tools for wealth, in order to prepare yourself for real challenges.
Lifeskills serve PvE as well as PvP, because PVX.

Assumptions  and hard segreration between PvE and PvP again. And your words really make you look frustrated. Stop puting words and thoughts in other mouths and minds because, I don't know, you are somewhat anxious. Breathe, read and analyse.

There are two models of competition : sports competition, the one that you find in sports and e-sports; and biological competition, the one that you find in ecosystems. Not all games can follow sport competition model, simply because they are not sport eligible (you need motor relevance and regulated environmenent to be sports eligible). I trained and competed in martial arts for several years (you know, the tatami, the place where you really feel the blows, the pain they induce and where mistakes are unforgiving, what we call "moments of truth") and I play esports eligible games also, I love Vs fighting and kakuto games since forever.
But what i seek in these games is not what I seek in BDO, because BDO is an ecosystem with emergent gameplay and player driven geopolitics, not just a big arena.

No, you didn't

And challenge accepted. That's not even a challenge to be honest.

First because of that

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/70

That is the press release that was made to announce the game launch, taken over by all gaming news site (that's what a press release is for)

Then because of that.

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210755369-Reporting-another-Player

And also because informations about the project are avalaible in english since 2012. Yes, 4 years

http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/897-black-desert-online-interview

First official interview in english, Page 3

Open PvP is in the project since the begining, players who actually informed themselves know it since 2012, wether you like it or not. You just proved me that you didn't.

And saiying Sandbow PvE game just show that you are only reasonning with hard segregation between activities in mind. PvE or PvP. The game is not one or the other, it's the 2 at once. PVX

You ask me to read yet your not doing it yourself

Challenge failed

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/70 - just says it has PVP modes - NOT MARKETED OR ADVERTISED AS A OPEN WORLD PVP GAME - FAILED

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210755369-Reporting-another-Player - this is referring to that BDO has PVP open world elements that we wont get involved in, again not reading what i asked, not market or advertised as a PVP open world game - FAILED

http://steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/897-black-desert-online-interview - No mention of even the word PVP - to not market or advertised as a open world PVP game - FAILED

You also answered your own question - its not PVE or PVP, its PVx I quite agree, it was never advertised as open PVE or open PVP it was advertised as open sandbox with quintessentially is PVX - kinda shot yourself in the foot with that one buddy

what I will say yes your right, I apologise for calling you stupid, kind of a low blow but in my opinion I find your comments lacking research logic or depth which in my eyes is idiotic in my opinion, but your not stupid, so sorry about that. I'm a big enough man to admit fault.

I'm not putting words in people mouths, only from experience, what i've read and and what i've seen.

I'm not going to go into the human aspect of direct and indirect competition philosophising in intricate detail the human genome of the way in which humans characterise themselves in the competitive world since we will be here all day and it will go madly off topic. I agree to some aspect with while PVP has some social benefit to some people, the majority of community would be better off without since it promotes a negavtive atmosphere between places and also creates a toxic environment in the playerbase and that the way it balances with the current structure to not naturally promote healthly co-existence between the 2 factions (PVP community and PVE community)

The best course of action with most MMO games is segregation, whether it be PVP/PVE channels or putting PVP in area's or in node wars only and take out open world PVP altogether but until they do this carousel is just gonna keep going around and around.

No, that's clearly an insult. You are calling him stupid. That's not a fact. That's an opinion. What the hell? Did you never learn that in school?

Like, putting aside the argument, look at this line. Can you honestly ever say "stupid = fact", aside from an actual mental problem??

Also, that's not necessarily true. Look at all the people who are giving legitimate arguments that don't even stem from that. You're writing everyone off as thinking one thing when this thread could even have PvPers making good points.

So, instead of teaching them how to deal with it and laugh it off or not take it so hard when it does happen, you take it out entirely, when it is avoidable?? 

That just seems like you're teaching a bad life lesson. Rather then teach a man how to fish, you're feeding him a buffet over and over. He'll become useless and unable to find food himself. It'll become dependence. 

Your right and I apologise, it was an opinion, not fact. I'm sorry.

Also I speak from experience of when i'm forced to PVP, my arguments are based on experience, while your entitled to disagree which I respect I fully believe that my points are valid ones since I see it most days.

Unfortunately this argument will never be solved, everyone has a different opinion on the matter, whether it be right or wrong, we can only give our opinion and argue our own little corner.

But again your right, insults are not the answer, for that again I apologise.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Stop with bad faith please, it will only end up making you look ridiculous whereas you don't seem to be an horrible guy.

You ask me to read yet your not doing it yourself

Challenge failed

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/70 - just says it has PVP modes - NOT MARKETED OR ADVERTISED AS A OPEN WORLD PVP GAME - FAILED

Just that to begin with 

Extensive open world PvP modes (Arena mode, guild vs guild, node wars, castle siege, and more)

Then

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210755369-Reporting-another-Player - this is referring to that BDO has PVP open world elements that we wont get involved in, again not reading what i asked, not market or advertised as a PVP open world game - FAILED

Please be aware that we will not get involved in PvP disputes. Black Desert Online is a competitive PvP game, where open world PvP and PK’ing is possible. We expect our players to look for an in game resolution for these issues.

Yes, Black Desert teams and GMs won't be involved in PvP disputes, because emergent gameplay and possibility of negociation. Players are expected tu use geopolitics, like in, per say, in EvE or Lineage 2. Geopolitics induces the two faces of the same coin by the way : negociation and warfare. And the fact that there is open pvp is clearly stated here.

For that

You also answered your own question - its not PVE or PVP, its PVx I quite agree, it was never advertised as open PVE or open PVP it was advertised as open sandbox with quintessentially is PVX - kinda shot yourself in the foot with that one buddy

I never said that the game is solely PvP. But it was marketed with strong open pvp elements (what you refuted), paired with pve ones, hence PVX indeed

Then for steparu interview : PK is a form of open PvP with unilateral rules of engagement. It can be harsh, it's not always honorable, but it's still a form of open pvp . It was the very first interview and there were numerous closed beta reports from guilds and testers that followed as soon as the first korean CBT was released in 2013. But you seem to have never read them.

So yes, there is open pvp in the game, and it was never hidden. too bad for you if you didn't see that.

Wazawai wa getai ni sho zu.

So stop with bad faith, it does not serve you at all.

And the toxicity you talk about can be real indeed, but it's not because of PvP. It can be induced by it but that's a side effect

Toxicity rises because of that ----- nammed Ego. Players don't know how to lose anymore. They forgot how to handle it, they forgot that they cannot always win, and they are frustrated if they find something that don't go in their way, even more when it's another player they have no control over. Like children.

Adults, real adults, know how to muzzle their egos, know that sometimes you can lose, that not everything can be under your control and respect their adversaries, even in defeat..

Edit : and apologies accepted by the way ;)

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

bad idea

Posted

Stop with bad faith please, it will only end up making you look ridiculous whereas you don't seem to be an horrible guy.

Just that to begin with 

Then

Yes, Black Desert teams won't be involved in PvP disputes, because emergent gameplay and possibility of negociation. Players a expected tu use geopolitics, like in, per say, in EvE or Lineage 2

Then for steparu interview : PK is a form of open PvP with unilateral rules of engagement. It can be harsh, it's not always honorable, but it's still a form of open pvp . It was the very first interview and there were numerous closed beta reports from guilds and testers that followed as soon as the first korean CBT was released in 2013. But you seem to have never read them.

So yes, there is open pvp in the game, and it was never hidden. too bad for you if you didn't see that.

Wazawai wa getai ni sho zu.

So stop with bad faith, it does not serve you.

And the negativity you talk about is not because of PvP. It can be induced by it but that's a side effect

Toxicity rises because of that ----- nammed Ego. Players don't know how to lose anymore. They forgot how to handle it, they forgot that they cannot always win, and they are frustrated if they find something that don't go in their way, even more when it's another player they have no control over. Like children.

Adults, real adults, know how to muzzle their egos, know that sometimes you can lose, that not everything can be under your control and respect their adversaries, even in defeat.,

like I said, we are just going to go around and around, i think i'm right, you think your right, it will never end. I'm not going to convince you and your not going to convince me.

I'm just going to agree to disagree at this stage since it will never end. I have given my suggestion, separate channels. Done and done.

I'm off to play the game....

Good day sir.

Posted

Courage I applaud you sir! That was a very fact driven, well spoken smack down. 

Very nicely done. Logic and facts hurt. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Ever since the servers merged, it's been practically impossible to get to 56. Sausans spot is constantly filled, with douchebags at that. So what is the people who just want to play with their friends that want to level their characters. When I'm leveling my character, I have to keep watch of my map, health, and my rage. Just incase some retard comes and attacks me when I'm fighting a mob. It's just so annoying that we have to put up with this broken system, having to fight for your EXP is a pain. At least raise the EXP for other monsters like manshas.

That being said, I totally agree with the OP, its really ridiculous and annoying af to be killed when you're trying to complete a quest. It's not fair to the people that are soloing and is trying to get to 56 then randomly get attacked by an entire party. Losing EXP that took hours to get... I was coming here to create the same exact topic, like I would literally donate my hard earned money just for a channel or 2 for PVE only. Every single person I've spoken to, that was leveling constantly complained about randomly being killed by some douchebag who has really good gear.  They need to just rework the system. Create an area , such as a coliseum, where the PVPers can go to if they're looking for a one on one fight or an all out war idk. 

2 people like this

Posted

Well, while I would be in favor of PvE channels as such, unfortunately the very same wannabe PvPers who dismiss the idea will ultimately be the reason why the idea is doomed to fail: The moment you put PvE channels in, the tryhards will go there in order to get rid of their negative karma as well as grind "safely" before returning to their "PvP-activities" on other channels. With no way to get someone out of a grind-spot, instead of PK (which currently at least results in a karma-loss) we'll now see players trying to killsteal mobs till one quits. Therefore, it's highly doubtful that a PvE-only channel would create a better gaming experience overall.

However, like I said I'm not entirely against the idea. Personally I would leave the competition around grind-spots in, but adjust safe-zones to be much larger areas, effectively limiting fights outside of GvG/NodeWars to the popular grind-spots. This should largely eliminate ganking/griefing random life-skillers, but still leave the apparently so desired "competitive" aspect of the game in terms of occupying grind-spots in.

Posted

So my apologies if this already exists, as I did a search but could not find a post on this.

Please make a couple (or even 1 to start with) of the channels PVE-only, or at least add a requirement on one that all players must be flagged in order to engage in PVP (so that one person can't flag and attack someone else that's not flagged).

There is a large subset of players that simply enjoy all the different PVE aspects that BDO offers, such as fishing / AFK fishing, or training their horses, or farming, or completing guild/story quests, or gathering ore/timber, etc...  But it is very frustrating when someone comes over and starts griefing you for no reason or kills you while you're AFK - that's not even PVP it's just harassment.  If I wanted to PVP, I would be flagged, but odds are I have on training clothes or gathering clothes and am just trying to do my own thing then here comes someone for no reason and just attacks me.  Or better yet someone gets angry because I killed the ogre that spawned 2 feet away from the area I've been farming by myself for the last hour, because they were channel hopping and felt all ogres belonged to them, or were just being jerks...and they wait until I'm near the end of the fight to determine how geared I am so they can see if they can easily kill me while I'm distracted.

My point in all this is to say that not everyone bought this game because they wanted to PVP (especially in this manner), but many purchased it because they enjoyed all the various activities and life skills that BDO offers, but due to how the PVP is set up in this game, a lot of those individuals can't even enjoy the game and play it how they want to play it, despite having paid the same amount of money for this game as the PK'er.

By providing a PVE only channel(s) you can see how many players are interested in just the PVE aspects of the game, while still providing numerous channels for PVP just as it is today.  If no one uses the channel, you could easily change it back to a regular channel (just like today you have Olvia set up as a returning player XP bonus area for example, you could have a few that are PVE only or where all players must be flagged to PVP).  Tons of MMO's offer dedicated PVP servers, or role play servers, etc... so you can play the way you want to play.  You do not have to force those that are only here for the PVE to play alongside those that love to PVP in all aspects, you can actually provide the best of both worlds, keeping all your players happy and providing options for each to play how they want to play.

If a player does not like the inability to attack someone that is not flagged, then they don't have to play on the PVE channel.  But the PVE'ers don't have to PVP constantly just to complete their dailies or farm some wood either.  You are losing good players who really enjoy this game because of the forced PVP, so please consider my suggestion and provide both sides with options that fit their playstyle.

Please and thank you.

It does exists and this topic comes up more than once. It has been shot down some time ago. From what I remember it like breaking the game into  two and the Dev/Pubs did not feel this was the right path to go with BDO.  

Only if everything, silver, XP and drop is at least halved. Risk comes from other players in BDO and nothing else. You can't die from anything else than another player or your own stupidity as it is now.

So no risk, no rewards. You can dislike OpenPvP, it's not your thing, no problem with that. But you can't prevent it to exist as it is, and as it was always designed since the very first korean CBT, because you can't put risk out of the game, morevover when it's already easilly avoidable with the new megaserver (36 channels).

Oh, and by the way, you won't be able to farm efficiently in an only PvE channel, you'll just end up killstealing form each other without any possible regulation. Mobs are not designed to support and provide sufficient returns if too many people are in the same space.

And craft and lifeskills are not PvE, neither PvP by the way, because there is no "versus" notion in these activites. They are tools.

Sorry,  the devs/pubs will not half anything even if they would put up a PvE sever only.  Going this path of a PvE sever would just means you will have to deal with competing with PvEers and you just can not kill them. I guess that is why the karma system is so hardcore to PvPers.  When a player states something to the effect  " sufficient returns " or "farm efficiently " just means how much space you are willing to take. It is like saying a player need ALL of the level one mobs  in order to farm efficiently or have sufficient retruns, but you can not have one or the other just because there are two many grifers/kill-stealers you have to kill before going red and losing enchantments.  I am sure the PvEers will catch up to PvPers at some point because they always do. When that time happens then PvPers will will leave or just join zerg guild / form  mass alliances to try to block PvEers from catching up to them. Once PvE players catch up to PvP players the game is over for PvPers just because they are out number in every shap and form.