• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

177 posts in this topic

Posted

You have no sense of scales, arborescence and put everything on the same level.

oh I think I do, and I think It make perfect sense, I just don't think you like that IT DOES make sense.

Posted

I don't have a problem with this idea, if this retains more players in the long run for more updates and content then its a bonus.

+1

2 people like this

Posted

so you want a pve only server with no pvp, do you know how ludicrous that is.

1. people who have BETTER GEAR and can OUT FARM YOU will take those spots and you can't do anything about it, it favors them not you

2. people who then farm on these channels then go to the main server and destroy everyone because they had the same server but without disruption

3. if you play BDO soley for the PVE side of things then go play a different game, if you just play BDO to get money for gear, then what do you do after? go kill more sausans or pirates, yaaay >.>

4. its stupid

5. learn to deal with things and stop being a

824862b8ca0df77ed14177df4d87183e.thumb.g

Term applied by PvP (player vs. player) participants in an online role-playing game to those players are disinterested in PvP conflict. Usually derogatory.

Antonyms: Ganker, griefer, PK scum.
Me and the boyz used to gank everybody at the crossroads, before the damned carebears got the rules changed.

I really don't care if you want to call names....you can call me whatever floats your boat.  Call me Fred if it makes you happy.  I just want to play the game without having to deal with PK'ers who get off killing folks and their horses while they AFK fish or train, etc....and then call it PVP, lol..jokes.  So....to accomplish that, I'm fine binding individuals to PVE channels only if that's what they so choose, so no one can hop back over to the PVP channels and own everyone as you say (even though I disagree any "ownage" would have jack to do with the presence of a PVE channel to farm in), but do agree that even PVP players would try to come over to do some things uninterrupted from other bothersome players, and that's because when you're the one being harassed...NO one likes it, so essentially make it to where if you want that benefit, a PVE-only area, then you join that channel knowing that if you do you are then bound to the PVE-channels indefinitely.  Then you're concerns are addressed.  And, please let those that want PVE-only worry about how to deal with farming spots, since you obviously won't be playing there so it won't be something you have to worry about. 

It's just ridiculous how folks come on these forums to say how dumb an idea is, especially when it based around a concept that would have NO impact those who disagree and would allow them to continue on just as they do today, simply because it's something THEY are not interested in.  Anyway...having folks choose between PVE or PVP channels then limiting them to those channels, solves your concern anyway and leaves NO reason why this would not be implemented...again a win/win for all including the makers of this game since their player base would increase since they would be offering different play options to their customers with little additional effort on their part.

2 people like this

Posted

If you don't want to PVP, stay level 49 forever.  That is now an option, as PVP starts at level 50 now.

Problem solved <3

3 people like this

Posted

I agree with Luna. We should have at least one channel, dedicated to pve. Its not like pvpers are forced to go there. Its a matter of choice.

Posted

Let's say that the idea of this post is just ridiculous because the game was sold as an open full PvP game.

Then I suggest some modification to stick to the definitions our super pro PvP fan boys couldn't agree with :

- Absolutely NO safe zone anywhere, even in towns, in front of merchants and AH too !

- When PvP tag activated to do an aggression against another player that is not already tagged, you can't untag before at least 30 minutes. Yeah guys, you are saying it's challeging and the spirit of the game to be targeted anytime, let's see if you still find this so cool when you will become a free from karma loss target ^^

- As we should earn less money on on a PvE channel and have no access to bosses, let's make it a real challenge to be a complete a-hole... sorry I meant PK, and triple the time and efforts needed to regain karma.

- Double the guards in towns and their strength, so when a "real" PK wants to come in he too will have the pleasure to be handle just like a miserable piece of meat.

But of course, this would then be too difficult for our glorious PK players, they would have to face then real consequences to their trash behaviour and dispicable mentality ^^

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

trash behaviour and dispicable mentality ^^

???????????????
You treat PKing like it's the end of the world. Everyone in this thread does.

It doesn't do anything overall except hurt your feelings. Which apparently is a big deal and you can't learn to suck it up when absolutely no harm overall is done to you.

There's no gear loss or anything. At most, you lose 30 seconds of time respawning and walking back, or get knocked off of your horse afk, which you can just train in town. 

Even worse is the mentality you have towards those who have PKed you. If they do it over and over and are harassing you, get screenshots and report it. But that's not PK, that's harassment. 

Edited by Teacow

Posted

1. people who have BETTER GEAR and can OUT FARM YOU will take those spots and you can't do anything about it, it favors them not you

2. people who then farm on these channels then go to the main server and destroy everyone because they had the same server but without disruption

3. if you play BDO soley for the PVE side of things then go play a different game, if you just play BDO to get money for gear, then what do you do after? go kill more sausans or pirates, yaaay >.>

4. its stupid

Term applied by PvP (player vs. player) participants in an online role-playing game to those players are disinterested in PvP conflict. Usually derogatory.

Me and the boyz used to gank everybody at the crossroads, before the damned carebears got the rules changed.

1. And? In a PvP environment the player in BETTER GEAR would just kill the competition. So where is the difference? Case 1: the better equipped wins because s/he outfarms. Case 2: the better equipped wins because s/he PKs. You know what, lets talk Sausans here. A player with the "better gear" is going to need more then just a few respawn spots, such a player needs A+B+something else... I have witnessed it countless of times. Move just one player there who takes just one or maybe two spawn spots and the better equipped guy is screwed and have to leave, because it is no longer worth the time... and this guy will now move to a spot more suited to his/her class/level/gear. But, unfortunately, not in your mindset, because for you, the guy who got the right class/level/gear owns everthing in the game and can either outfarm the average joe or simply PK him.

2. And? Who says the PvP people can not go to the "carebear channels" as well to farm for top gear equippment? Gues what, you are just affraid you would lose your advantage. Because now, the carebears who do not care about PvP and thus have not the skill and most likely not the gear are just prey for you, not more, not less. Imagine how it would be, when all PvP participants would be equally equipped, what nice PvP we would have, on the other hand, and I am pretty sure about this, more then 50% of the current PvP players would stop doing PvP. I have seen this over and over again in the last 30 years (starting with muds, then UO, Meridian up until BDO), the second PKs lose their advantage, or start losing something, they stop participating in PvP and what you have left are the hardcore PvPers and thats like what, 2% of the total playerbase?

3. What? So BDO was designed with open world PvP in mind and therefore just PvPers are allowed... now now, when everyone who is not interested in PvP would leave, you will have a pretty dead game. Maybe you won't admit it, but thats your problem. Maybe kakao/pearl abyss won't admit it, but thats their problem too. I said it before and I will say it again: no matter what your (or lets say their) intentions and design ideas were, the second a game is released to the public, it stops being a "child only to the devs", it is now our child, you have to deal with it, they have to deal with it, most players are not interested in open world PvP, thats a fact. And you know what is the best part about this? Kakao/Pearl Abyss screwed it big big biiiiiiiiiig time, non existant class balance aside, this gear dependancy is soooooooo bad for a competitive game (and PvP IS competition, not more, not less) it is not even funny, look at the most successfull PvP games out there... perfectly pure even playfields, noone have an advantage. You, and certainly the makers of BDO, have a lot to learn about PvP... when I look at the people out there (not just BDO) most of them are not interested in PvP, and then I look at a game like League of Legends, which is played by what, like 20 million unique persons each day? I wonder why...

4. It is not. It is stupid not to finaly change something. Balance the classes and for the love of god, do something about this gear dependancy.

5. Yeah whatever, you know what, I am rather a carebear then "ganker/griefer/pk scum" and you know what, most other people as well. Btw I am pretty sure you have no idea about carebears, griefers, gankers, pks and in general PvP. Btw if "Me and the boyz used to gank everybody at the crossroads, before the damned carebears got the rules changed." is what you strive for, you got some serious problems and should get that checked by some experts.

3 people like this

Posted

1. And? In a PvP environment the player in BETTER GEAR would just kill the competition. So where is the difference? Case 1: the better equipped wins because s/he outfarms. Case 2: the better equipped wins because s/he PKs. You know what, lets talk Sausans here. A player with the "better gear" is going to need more then just a few respawn spots, such a player needs A+B+something else... I have witnessed it countless of times. Move just one player there who takes just one or maybe two spawn spots and the better equipped guy is screwed and have to leave, because it is no longer worth the time... and this guy will now move to a spot more suited to his/her class/level/gear. But, unfortunately, not in your mindset, because for you, the guy who got the right class/level/gear owns everthing in the game and can either outfarm the average joe or simply PK him.

2. And? Who says the PvP people can not go to the "carebear channels" as well to farm for top gear equippment? Gues what, you are just affraid you would lose your advantage. Because now, the carebears who do not care about PvP and thus have not the skill and most likely not the gear are just prey for you, not more, not less. Imagine how it would be, when all PvP participants would be equally equipped, what nice PvP we would have, on the other hand, and I am pretty sure about this, more then 50% of the current PvP players would stop doing PvP. I have seen this over and over again in the last 30 years (starting with muds, then UO, Meridian up until BDO), the second PKs lose their advantage, or start losing something, they stop participating in PvP and what you have left are the hardcore PvPers and thats like what, 2% of the total playerbase?

3. What? So BDO was designed with open world PvP in mind and therefore just PvPers are allowed... now now, when everyone who is not interested in PvP would leave, you will have a pretty dead game. Maybe you won't admit it, but thats your problem. Maybe kakao/pearl abyss won't admit it, but thats their problem too. I said it before and I will say it again: no matter what your (or lets say their) intentions and design ideas were, the second a game is released to the public, it stops being a "child only to the devs", it is now our child, you have to deal with it, they have to deal with it, most players are not interested in open world PvP, thats a fact. And you know what is the best part about this? Kakao/Pearl Abyss screwed it big big biiiiiiiiiig time, non existant class balance aside, this gear dependancy is soooooooo bad for a competitive game (and PvP IS competition, not more, not less) it is not even funny, look at the most successfull PvP games out there... perfectly pure even playfields, noone have an advantage. You, and certainly the makers of BDO, have a lot to learn about PvP... when I look at the people out there (not just BDO) most of them are not interested in PvP, and then I look at a game like League of Legends, which is played by what, like 20 million unique persons each day? I wonder why...

4. It is not. It is stupid not to finaly change something. Balance the classes and for the love of god, do something about this gear dependancy.

5. Yeah whatever, you know what, I am rather a carebear then "ganker/griefer/pk scum" and you know what, most other people as well. Btw I am pretty sure you have no idea about carebears, griefers, gankers, pks and in general PvP. Btw if "Me and the boyz used to gank everybody at the crossroads, before the damned carebears got the rules changed." is what you strive for, you got some serious problems and should get that checked by some experts.

yes, make more channels for PVE for the following reasons like you state:

players with best gear go to PVE channels so they cannot be contested but will keep outfarming most players so then the players that cry about PVP will cry about that there is not enough channels as too many people are on them,

Posted

yes, make more channels for PVE for the following reasons like you state:
players with best gear go to PVE channels so they cannot be contested but will keep outfarming most players so then the players that cry about PVP will cry about that there is not enough channels as too many people are on them,

Sure, the players in top gear will always outperform and outfarm the players in inferior gear. Thats a fact, but what you say, is not going to happen.

It was pretty impressive when I saw it for the firs time. Some lvl 59 warrior in 200AP gear was at the sausans. He did not even stop, he just moved through the mobs and they died left and right of him, as said quite impressive, but this guy also had a problem... or two. 1) to improve his gear further he needs a TON of money. 2) to level further he need a ton of killed mobs. Lets call this guy "Superwarrior". Our Superwarrior moved from north furthest position of B through B to A and then back again, he was so fast, he got back to the start of his rotaton before the mobs even respawned. The bad side is, he actualy NEEDS all this mobs, the exp and the items to saturate his need for exp and money. Now, move just one player there who manages it to get 2 or maybe 3 groups (maybe a lvl 56 ninja in 130AP gear) and our Superwarrior is screwed. Yes our Superwarrior will still outperform and outfarm the Ninja, but basicaly his days at this spot are over and he will have to find a more appropriate spot. Yes he can not be contested, but to compete with just one player is already wasting of time... and when we talk about Sausans, we talk about 12 players you have to compete with.

You draw a grim scenario which is actualy understandable, but in the long run, not going to happen.

Posted

Totally support this idea.

Posted (edited)

If there is a PVE only channel the toxicity you'll be experiencing is a mass overpopulation in favored grinding spots where everyone is stacking ap, I would literally run near naked with +0 grunil armor and just stack nothing but ap and run a sorc/wiz/witch/ranger. ----- every other class. I don't care if I ks grief someone to shits cuz guess what no PvP no concerns and I'll be disintegrating every mob that comes to existence. I'm sure 90% of others would take the same approach. And yes channel lock yourselves out of PvP channels and be stuck in an all AP dominates marketplace. DP becomes confidently obsolete if you one shot mobs with no fear of players interrupting you. should it ever be a thing I sure as hell would never go to a pve channel and I don't even PvP.

You won't be enjoying any grinding spot more than you are now I guarantee it if you're claiming there's more pve players grinding than PvP players. If you're going to suggest moblock on hit that's retarded because chain lightning is literal instant tag of 4-7mobs

Edited by KyrandisX
1 person likes this

Posted

Having PVE dedicated servers and sanctioned PVP events or systems works just fine. WoW has done it for years and found success and it brings about a new player base, if you want to lock players on PVP or PVE that is fine. However, having the option only increases the potential bottom line for the company in the end. Otherwise, you end up with stuff like ArcheAge that just becomes toxic.

Posted (edited)

4. its stupid

I don't play the game for PVE either. :P I play it for life skills. I am level 56 with 18 AP and 31 DP.

I do no PVP, and no PVE. After I got my awakening, I sold all my +15 gear. 
However, I have never experienced being killed in the game, so I do not really see why a PVE server is needed. I have heard people say they get killed while farming, but I am not sure how true that is. 

It is weird how the people who are best in PVP in this game are not people who worked their way up there by doing PVP, but the people who did the most PVE and Life Skills. 

Edited by Player_Slot_available

Posted (edited)

Having PVE dedicated servers and sanctioned PVP events or systems works just fine. WoW has done it for years and found success and it brings about a new player base, if you want to lock players on PVP or PVE that is fine. However, having the option only increases the potential bottom line for the company in the end. Otherwise, you end up with stuff like ArcheAge that just becomes toxic.

WoW is just the worst game you could compare BDO with.

Instanced PvE centered RvR themepark, polar opposite of BDO in terms of design.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

Dunno why so many "pvp'ers" are in here cracking the shits

Worried a PVE channel would reduce the amount of afk killing / lifeskill clothes killing you could do?

Weird

+1 for whatever it is worth, this is a sandbox MMO so a restricted PvP server (both have to flag, which I personally prefer), sounds like a reasonable option

I say server because it would obviously be unfair in terms of progression for the PvE channel/s to be accessible, and vice versa, by the PvP activated channels

I don't play the game for PVE either. :P I play it for life skills. I am level 56 with 18 AP and 31 DP.

I do no PVP, and no PVE. After I got my awakening, I sold all my +15 gear. 
However, I have never experienced being killed in the game, so I do not really see why a PVE server is needed. I have heard people say they get killed while farming, but I am not sure how true that is. 

It is weird how the people who are best in PVP in this game are not people who worked their way up there by doing PVP, but the people who did the most PVE and Life Skills. 

No it isn't, this game is 90% gear, 10% class/skill, in terms of PvP

Posted

Right well this thread made me log into the forums for the second time ever, there are lots of good points on here and lots of bad ones. For starters, you'd not be wanting pve channels, these would just end up like the current channels at prime time, contested with people stealing mobs to try and get each other to flag first so that they don't go neg karma and lose all their pretty TET gear. You'd want a PVE server, you'd be entirely cut off from the PVX community, you'd have your own auction house which quite frankly is only fair since your PVE silver would greatly outweigh PVX silver since you know, you can't kill each other, if you have a PVE channel anyone and everyone who wants to farm (This includes those filthy PVPers you like to mention so much.) would be there, why you ask, simple and this has been stated already there is no contest, no challenge and quite frankly if I can get a pirate spawn to myself where I won't be killed even if other players are present I'll go for it, why? Because if I kill it, I get the loot and with that 200AP I'm going to be getting all of the loot, if you want it so you need to tag a monster, I'm still going to get all the loot because I'd be on a AOE class, if I have to do a % damage to claim the mob I win again simply because I do more damage with my 200AP.

There is so much more work that needs to go into all of this than simply adding a PVE channel or a PVE server all in all as the system would only force you to experience the thing you are having now, someone wants your mobs, someone takes your mobs, only this way you can't kill them or they you. PVP players can be toxic yes, PVE players are toxic too or does everyone need to be reminded of (Now everyone seems to love this as an example of a system that would work here, but quite frankly is an entirely different game.) WoW, I seem to recall how Toxic that games PVE community is concerning raids and dungeons.

All in all your dream of PVE only won't happen because there is no way they can implement it so it works, you'll simply be getting griefed in the worst possible way, that being having what you want taken from you with no chance of getting fighting back, no matter how good your gear becomes, theres a good saying that fits here. You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villian, because lets face it when you get that 200AP and you need that silver to upgrade your gear further, well we know where you'll be going, to sausans and pirates so you can bully all the weak players out of 'their' farming area, it comes full circle only this time noone gets killed and noone can try to defend anything.

(This post is more venting because some people fail to realise obvious issues and then keep parroting that they thing they are right and others are wrong. BDO was designed to have you kill others, thats why the devs didnt put in a thousand and one pirate or Sausan spawns.)

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe that it's a great idea, this way people could enjoy both PvP and PvE a bit more due to the choice given to them.

Staying away from PvP if you want to grind or drop that would be great.

1 person likes this

Posted

Only if PVP karma-free channels are added at the same time. There are no PVP channels currently, just channels in which the game punishes you for playing the way you like to play.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've never understood why people enjoy beating a mob with standard mechanics and no random elements its very monotonous and dull. Whereas fighting vs a player gives a lot more random elements and requires actual thinking and counter play rather than brain dead "the mob has done XYZ animation ill have to take a step to the left". To me PvE players are just unwilling to learn other class mechanics and actually learn to counter whats fighting them then they come here and cry about being PK'd or go off to reddit and give a sob story and get upvotes to make them feel better. See the Links they all have people trying to back them up and make us look like the bad guys.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/120394-pking-afk-players-has-to-stop-pls-disable-feature/ 
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5ldsjt/wellafk_fisher_pkers_are_aggravating/
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5l3b8n/problems_about_pk_karma_system/  

In Addition to this Most PvP players are generally better at PvE than the majority of PvE players because they actually understand the class and combo's and how far they can push their class because they practice in PvP. Where as 75% of PvE players just put face to keyboard and see what happens

But if thats what you want, then there has to be some form of punishment for missing out on the risk of being killed by another player Then i would like it if you were never able to come back without paying a stupid amount of real money to do so. You get one free pass to the PvE server but when you come back you have to pay like 75 Euros or something ridiculous, so Kakao has a reason to impliment it because of money, and PvP players who go over wont come back for a long time and will miss out on a lot of node wars and would likely be kicked from their guild, so they have no reason to do so. 

Posted (edited)

WoW is just the worst game you could compare BDO with.

Instanced PvE centered RvR themepark, polar opposite of BDO in terms of design.

You miss the concept that companies are in this to make money and while I like many others have my issues with WoW. It is a fact that Blizzard has found a way to continue to make large amounts of money off the IP. It is honestly up to Pearl Abyss/Kakao Games Europe B.V. in the end, but from my perspective if you give the community more options it is usually a good thing. Now, how they want to recoup the development costs is up to them and if they want to charge folk a small fee for PVE servers or no karma PVP servers than so be it. There are those people out there that will pay for it. Especially, as more people brings about potential new customers buying from the BDO store.

Edited by Nianiira

Posted (edited)

How about this, a PVP channel where it's 100% PVP always on, regardless of flagging and whatnot.

In exchange the XP and Item Drop Rate is +50% channel wide.

Rather than funneling PvE players into one channel, why not funnel PVP players to prefer a single channel to PvP in?

Edited by Kaiserx
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You miss the concept that companies are in this to make money and while I like many others have my issues with WoW. It is a fact that Blizzard has found a way to continue to make large amounts of money off the IP. It is honestly up to Daum in the end, but from my perspective if you give the community more options it is usually a good thing. Now, how they want to recoup the development costs is up to them and if they want to charge folk a small fee for PVE servers or no karma PVP servers than so be it. There are those people out there that will pay for it. Especially, as more people brings about potential new customers buying from the BDO store.

Yes, and everyone who did copy / paste the formula of WoW did not as well as WoW. because WoW is its own thing with it's longtime captured customers, and an exception in MMO history.
That belief that WoW had the magical formula is one of the reasons why the MMO market has been stale and not really innovative since then.

And that doesn't change the fact that WoW and BDO are fundamentaly diffrent by nature. PvE instanced focused RvR themepark on one hand and PvX openworld GVG sandbox on the other.

By the way, yu don't neeed to resort to some kind of imaginary financial blackmail. Kakao is literally swimming in our money. The numbers quite excedded their initial expectations and the game is doing really good in Korea.

A game doesn't need to cater to everyone to be successfull. When you try to please everyone, you just end up satisfying no one, because you change your game in a mutant beast with multiple heads, but no direction.
That's also a question of production, direction, resources allocations and project management. PA clearly stated that they don't want to maintain numerous versions of the game. And don't be fooled by the way, that's even true on an economic level. The game is exploited like a F2P in NA/EU also, the fee you pay to access the game just covers the cash shop articles they give you according to the pack you choose, nothing else.

Edited by Capitaine Courage
1 person likes this

Posted

How about this, a PVP channel where it's 100% PVP always on, regardless of flagging and whatnot.

In exchange the XP and Item Drop Rate is +50% channel wide.

Rather than funneling PvE players into one channel, why not funnel PVP players to prefer a single channel to PvP in?

Competitive side of me would love to see this, just to see who would come out on top and it would be kind of interesting to see the feedback after a month or so.

Posted (edited)

A PVP channel with PVP exclusive features would entice players to PVP in those channels specifically for the long term bonuses maybe.

This means you can still PvE in a PVP environment, but the requirement to join the PVP channel is to finish the main storyline quest up to a certain point.

You can only log into the PVP channel in specific safe zones (only major cities are safe zones), and cannot change channel until you go to a specific function in a safe zone like a inn in a major city.

In a PVP Channel, Guild vs Guild functions are disabled, as this is the 'wild west' variant of the typical world.

Also important: Your karma must be 0 or positive to go into a PVP channel. You cannot leave a PVP channel with karma in the negatives.

When you go into the PVP Channel, you use a separate Karma gauge, with a value from -100 to 100. This makes Karma simplified.

Killing a player = -10

Killing a 'red' player = +20

Wait 1 Minute = 1 point towards Zero Karma

Dying = 10% towards zero karma (If the target value becomes greater or lower than zero, it is adjusted so it always becomes zero).

* When you die with -/+ 100 Karma, it loses 10% and becomes -/+ 90. Dying again makes it -/+ 81.

Channel stats:

+50% XP GAIN
+50% ITEM DROP RATE
2x Fishing Abundance outside of SAFE ZONES
+1 Energy Recovery outside SAFE ZONES
2x Energy and CP XP gain from QUESTS

Basically, the PVP channel has a 'faster' growth than normal, almost like the 'time' for progression will progress much faster. But since the penalty is still there for PVP, you can die and lose progress just as quick.

High Risk = High Rewards

Since it's a high risk PVP channel, guards are severely weakened to a balanced level, but can still soak a somewhat good amount of damage and dish out basic levels of damage. Players can also PVP in safe zones against red players, with the latter being able to fight back, but at a disadvantage against many non-red players.

Edited by Kaiserx