• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

pvp BDO needs a PVP overhaul

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Usually u don't have incredibly geared guilds going for the lower tier nodes so it shouldn't be a problem for node wars and stuff.

You do get super geared players in tier 1 guilds who out gear everybody else at the node and mow through players like butter and rake in 100s of kills, however. 

Posted

Totally agree that the PvP system needs to be overhauled.

As far as the PK system is concerned, maybe a system whereby someone who is killed twice within 15 minutes by the same person is forced to respawn in town, and is prohibited from entering the node where he was killed for 30 minutes. This would give the person who won the spot some time to recover their karma.

Very much disagree with this....so the person that was just PK'd for no reason at all is then unable to go back so that the griefing party can have free reign over a spot that they potentially bullied said individual out of and in addition, get time to recover their Karma? 

How about if you don't want to lose Karma, don't PK? 

Posted

Very much disagree with this....so the person that was just PK'd for no reason at all is then unable to go back so that the griefing party can have free reign over a spot that they potentially bullied said individual out of and in addition, get time to recover their Karma? 

Seperate servers :>

Posted (edited)

It's not griefing because you'll have to stay there to recover your karma. You wouldn't push someone out of the spot unless you actually wanted it - if you push someone out for no reason and then leave instead of grinding, you'll be negative karma. 

As for "how about if you don't want to lose karma, don't PK" - this is an OWPvP game. How else can you contest a spot if not by killing the person who is occupying it? The person who refuses to budge and forces you to PK them until you're negative karma is more of a griefer than anybody else. 

Also, the original occupier wouldn't be unable to go back to that spot altogether - just on that channel.

Edited by ChimChim

Posted (edited)

So I had a break from BDO for 3 months. The reason I left was because I didnt enjoy the endless grind and as a PVP focused player, i didnt enjoy the PVP.

Don't get me wrong I love the Guild and Siege War system, but the open world PVP in this game is absolutely terrible.

Missing Stats To Show Off

Every PVP focused player would like to show that theyre PVPing a lot or how others would say, show off their e-P****.

And I think this is very necessary. Being able to see if someone is a PVPer would add different types of depth to the game. It could be used for roleplaying, change the player dynamics and relationships, as well as just beeing a show-off thing. The game does attract a lot of PVPers because of its great combat, and they should be pleased. Not everyone shares this competitive mindset, but if youre a PVPer, you definitely do.

My solution to this are the following options:

- A leaderboard with various stats including Kills, Deaths, K/D ratio, which classes have been killed, what the level difference was

- Additional PVP titles which can be unlocked by killing X amount of players, killing X amount of high level players, killing X amount of Y class. Or some freaky stuff like killing

- Something like Honour Points, or any other type of Points to get from kills; more for high level player kills.

- Different colored names for different tiers of Honour Points

- Different badges, displayed next to the name for different tiers of honour points

Conclusion

So there will be a couple of players who will say they dont want to encourage more pvp, which is fine. All those things I stated above could be bound to seperate channels (e.g. PVP Channels, PVE Channels, PVPVE Channels)

People love to bash guys like me for wanting to have more ways to show off pvp things, but if youre coming from from an eSports background or just a general competitive background, then its a must have for you. As I said, you guys can have your channels as they are now, but please give us competition focused players some own channels to use for PVP stuff.

Why is BDO a good game for PVP and PK?

If you've watched some YouTubers reviews on BDO, you must have noticed that everyone is complimenting BDO's fantastic combat, which is ture indeed. And because it is so beautiful, it draws a lot of PVP minded players to the game, who are disappointed by the open world PVP system.

This game is not an open world PvP game. It's touted for guild wars & sieges. I think the open world pvp system is fine and needs some balancing but if you don't want your grind spot lost then either go red or switch channels or take the first hit, you're not supposed to own the place if that's the case then the longest active growing playing players will dominate spots forever and you'll just have a dying ghost town playerbase. Not sure where any of that is good except for the top 1 percentile which will eventually dilute down to the top players just pking eachother repeatedly anyways.

Missing stats to show off,
Get a red battlefield ranking and you'll have your e-peen pvp badge and your titles... if you get enough points, or growth level. Simple as that. Albeit I know you stated you don't like grinding well high level discrepancy makes a big difference in pvp combat. I don't see why everyone should be on an equal level playing field in an RPG game that is an MMO and online and persistent. That's like saying in sports any amateur should be able to compete in pro-league tournaments, it just doesn't happen if you want it to be "competitive". 

As for gear dependency if you're not at TRI-level taking on people you're probably not at the gear-standard. It's not that dependent.

Separate channels of different gameplay types is ridiculous. Even being a pve-oriented player I think it's the most stupid idea as it just funnels and divides the entire community and people just tunnel towards x channel and to be honest there is ALWAYS more PvE players than PvP players in an MMORPG.

Edited by KyrandisX
1 person likes this

Posted

Owpvp and node wars are fine as being gear dependant.

PA just needs to put in a venue such as arenas where gear brackets exist and you're autoleveled down to the bracket you're fighting in. This allows new people to enjoy PvP within their brackets and veterans to enjoy within their own brackets.

Over all we need separation between players. Veterans need incentive to stay out of sausages, part of that is here with the Valencia mob buff, soon we'll get the trash loot buff too

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What this games needs is a skill based PvP, not this gear driven abomination.

What you ask for is actualy a virtual measuring tape to compare the size of your virtual d...., because BDOs "open world pvp" is nothing but a PK feast.

BDO fell into the first trap of any RPG: who creates the post powerfull effect wins.

It really is skill based. Its more skill than gear unless someone has over 100 more gearscore than yourself. But all games are really like that. At least all the ones I have played.

If you can never beat someone because someone has slightly better gear than you.. sorry to say but its not just because they have slightly better gear than you. Its because your not that good either. If you think its 100% Gear > Skill then you need to go back to single player games. MMOs arent for you.

Edited by KFC

Posted

I was grinding for silver at a spot for hours. Someone comes in and disrupted my rotation so I killed them. They then whispered me and said they'd start karma bombing me for the spot since they couldn't fight back. I had an officer declare on their guild and as soon as dec went through they whispered me saying they were being put on protection to continue to karma bomb me. I had been there for literally hours and this person could force me to channel swap because of the negative karma penalties when they're the ones being an asshole about a spot. I could easily have defended against them and I did for the 2 times they flagged on me in revenge. But as soon as you can beat someone for a spot, they resort to petty tactics that does not make for a healthy Open World PvP game.

Posted

STOP CRYING AND START GRINDING!!!

Posted

As for "how about if you don't want to lose karma, don't PK" - this is an OWPvP game. How else can you contest a spot if not by killing the person who is occupying it? The person who refuses to budge and forces you to PK them until you're negative karma is more of a griefer than anybody else. 

Outfarm him so he has 0 or minimal loot / xp -> Imo this is the only way to lay claim to a spot, other things like i can kill you so its now mine are moot with current karma system (and even before there are so many ways the previous system could be used to grief people much more than this iteration of it).

Clean the rotation so the mobs dont spawn more than a few seconds before you get to them (so the other side has no time to clean them before you get there), if they stay there longer -> you are not fast enough thus not really your spot, mob that is alive and untouched for like 5s is a free mob.

Posted

Separate PVP and PVE channels with no penalisation for either of them, they both get the exact same stuff. Once in a PVE channel you cant change into a PVP channel and vice versa. That's the risk you take to prevent abuse, problem solved. Channel choosing is only character bound so you can have a PVE only Character and a PVP only character.

Problem solved.

Posted

It's not griefing because you'll have to stay there to recover your karma. You wouldn't push someone out of the spot unless you actually wanted it - if you push someone out for no reason and then leave instead of grinding, you'll be negative karma. 

Also, the original occupier wouldn't be unable to go back to that spot altogether - just on that channel.

So it's ok for you and your group to force another group/player out but it's not ok for them to stay/return and try to defend a spot they were at first?

The majority of PvP'ers on BDO are a joke, they call for PvP but only on their terms and only if it benefits them. YOU entered an area someone else was farming and who is to say that eventually they won't defeat you and yours but for that to happen, they need to keep returning and giving PvP'ers what they so vocally call for...PvP.

2 people like this

Posted

Personally I think PVP'ers are a bunch of cowards, they prance around trying to feel big preying on weaker PVE'er but once a challenge come their way they run or turn PVP off, run away in the middle of battle, only to come back and the  turn it on again.

If you guys wanna PVP, be a man and keep it on and don't hide being the PVP button.

PVP in this game isn't PVP since its so easy to turn it off in the middle of battle.

if you want to stop griefing it should be changed too if you turn on PVP then you cant turn it off until you are dead!

Posted

Personally I think PVP'ers are a bunch of cowards, they prance around trying to feel big preying on weaker PVE'er but once a challenge come their way they run or turn PVP off, run away in the middle of battle, only to come back and the  turn it on again.

If you guys wanna PVP, be a man and keep it on and don't hide being the PVP button.

PVP in this game isn't PVP since its so easy to turn it off in the middle of battle.

if you want to stop griefing it should be changed too if you turn on PVP then you cant turn it off until you are dead!

I rarely get jumped but I remember back when I was farming Ogre's, occasionally some ghillie would jump me while I was waiting for the spawn and once they saw the low damage they would run or V out lol. That isn't PvP, that's just a player looking for an easy target. More often than not, I didn't waste my time chasing, chance at ogre ring > than revenge.

Posted

I rarely get jumped but I remember back when I was farming Ogre's, occasionally some ghillie would jump me while I was waiting for the spawn and once they saw the low damage they would run or V out lol. That isn't PvP, that's just a player looking for an easy target. More often than not, I didn't waste my time chasing, chance at ogre ring > than revenge.

Agreed, Rings are like rocking horse sh*t.... really need to farm those! LOL!

Posted

Where is the V in the PVP of this game? Oh wait: NOWHERE!! This game doesn't have PVP: it has mindles free PKing.
Also I find your complaints about the karma totally funny: You want PK without any consequences of your actions; kids these days.. Git Gud, I mean: GROW UP!!

/bittervetrant mode off

Posted

This game doesn't have PVP: it has mindles free PKing

Im just saying it could have solid pvp because of its amazing comabat, and there should be channels dedicated to this. At the end ill say karma needs some balancing, if noone comes up with a better solution but at the very end id like to compare my ePe*** with other pvpers.

Posted

Im just saying it could have solid pvp because of its amazing comabat, and there should be channels dedicated to this. At the end ill say karma needs some balancing, if noone comes up with a better solution but at the very end id like to compare my ePe*** with other pvpers.

So that's what PVP nowadays have become: A showoff of penises to see whose is bigger. I didn't want to think it was true but sadly it is. Sorry if I don't want to jump the PVP bandwagon: I've graduated from kindergarten a long time ago.

Posted (edited)

i think its just another pleb threat

i get cancer when i read this stuff.. u guys decided to play this game.. dont change it bcs YOU dont like it now.

Edited by nyn idc

Posted

So that's what PVP nowadays have become: A showoff of penises to see whose is bigger. I didn't want to think it was true but sadly it is. Sorry if I don't want to jump the PVP bandwagon: I've graduated from kindergarten a long time ago.

As i aready said im my main post

Not everyone shares a competitive mindset, but if youre a player who mostly plays competitive games for their competitive aspect, den you're gonna want some kind of stats to show off.

Couldnt have used the word competitive more often. People like you love to call it kindergarten and similar, and i accept your opinion but there is a ton of people who are play games ony for that reason. You guys can keep trying to be internet psychologists and tell us we suffer from inferiority complexes but you know thats just stupid. We like to play games for the thrill and the competition. Its that simple.

Posted

As i aready said im my main post

Couldnt have used the word competitive more often. People like you love to call it kindergarten and similar, and i accept your opinion but there is a ton of people who are play games ony for that reason. You guys can keep trying to be internet psychologists and tell us we suffer from inferiority complexes but you know thats just stupid. We like to play games for the thrill and the competition. Its that simple.

yes go grind then for your competition

Posted

i think its just another pleb threat

i get cancer when i read this stuff.. u guys decided to play this game.. dont change it bcs YOU dont like it now.

Theres a ton of people who think the same way i do, and would like some changes to the pvp system in some way.

The game offers the best MMO combat experience ive ever seen, another thing many others say. Thats why im saying the opportunity shouldnt be missed, to dedicate some channels to PVP, or give us decent arenas, or whatever good idea the community comes up with. You can play the game the way it is, if youre happy with it, but that wont apply to everyone.

yes go grind then for your competition

i would if that would give me the competition im looking for 

Posted

Theres a ton of people who think the same way i do, and would like some changes to the pvp system in some way.

The game offers the best MMO combat experience ive ever seen, another thing many others say. Thats why im saying the opportunity shouldnt be missed, to dedicate some channels to PVP, or give us decent arenas, or whatever good idea the community comes up with. You can play the game the way it is, if youre happy with it, but that wont apply to everyone.

you guys are shortmindet... think about what would happen if pve only channels would be in the game?

What would happen if they remove the gear curve? What content has the game left after this? This game is fully designed around GEAR and SKILL. If you hit the meta (what is fairly easy to get if you are realy interested in "compepetion") you are fine. 

The real problem of the game is -> ppl get killed and they ALWAYS put it on gear! What if i tell you that i know alot of less geared ppl who can beat better gear? Ofc u may run into the ppl with insane gear where u cant handle them anymore... but to be fair... how many are this who are over 500+ gearscore?

Posted

I personally said i dont mind gear beeing relevant, i just added it to my main post to get people from all the parties into the conversation. Im absolutely ok with the gear. I play mmos to make progress over a long time, which is gear. And i personally dont need pure pve channels, i want pure pvp channels with less penalty for killing players, and the rest can stay the way they are, if people dont want something else. At the end of the day im all about measuring the size of my d***.

Posted (edited)

What this games needs is a skill based PvP, not this gear driven abomination.

(...)

You sir, said it all.

All gear should be "Disabled" when you enter PK Mode by any reason. And just keep the gear pieces combo buffs(or even remove this completely)

Edited by AlucardTepes

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0