• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Maehwa..? or?

93 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all. I just started playing a week ago. I got to 56 and got my awakening last night.

Is this awakening terrible?

I went from being able to regen hp with divider spam + invincibility with red moon

to taking a lot of damage.

I could solo Sausans and now  the best I can do with my awakening weapon is Eldric.

Like I said I'm new to the game. Are there any classes that have hp regen abilities in their awakening skills?

About to dump this class. >.>

Posted

I stopped playing my Maehwa at 49 before the awakening released, I hadn't realized people still played them after the first month of their release lol.

Posted

or... Baewha?

Posted

And I feel like none of the skills chain together well. 

UGH. I want to play a melee class which seems like it will already put me at a disadvantage.

Any suggestions?

Posted (edited)

Hi all. I just started playing a week ago. I got to 56 and got my awakening last night.

Is this awakening terrible?

I went from being able to regen hp with divider spam + invincibility with red moon

to taking a lot of damage.

I could solo Sausans and now  the best I can do with my awakening weapon is Eldric.

Like I said I'm new to the game. Are there any classes that have hp regen abilities in their awakening skills?

About to dump this class. >.>

Hello there!

Its not about class being dump or anything, its all depends on what playstyle you like.

You like maehwa? Good, continue and explore, hate it? there's more class you can try.

I suggest watching every class moves / awakening at youtube and see if you'll like one.

Edited by Juliet Lin

Posted

Probably a silly question, but have you enchanted the Awakening up as high (or farther) as your primary weapon was? 

4 people like this

Posted

Not quite as high. I have terrible gear, as I started playing a week ago.

My main grievance is the annoying HP pot chugging. 

Pre awakening I could combo - Decapitatcion, into red moon, into divider and not worry about anything.

Now i have a few skills that don't seem to work together.

No invicibility, no regen, etc.

I'm considering trying another class.

Valk isnt for me. I have a lvl 51 but I just spam sword of judgement.

Ranger isnt for me, nor warrior. Zerker is meh.

I'm leaning towards Tamer, Sorc, Kuno/Ninja.

I really want to play a melee class.

qwerwqet.png

Posted

Maehwa is only weak against tank classes and sorc, she can beat fellow musa class almost 9/10 times.

Posted

Honestly, you are just under-geared. +7 on the Awakening is the problem with lack of damage. And your other gear needs some love as well...Not a criticism, but something to work towards. Get all your stuff to at least PRI and it will be a night and day experience. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Honestly, you are just under-geared. +7 on the Awakening is the problem with lack of damage. And your other gear needs some love as well...Not a criticism, but something to work towards. Get all your stuff to at least PRI and it will be a night and day experience. 

Getting my gear up will make it fine that I dont have any HP regen abilities,

such as divider outside of awakening?

yeah , OFC you're missing ALL OF GOOD SKILLS. sighs.you're a newb awakened maehwa , same as normal maehaw level 15 vs at 55 with all the skills.

grow up.

I started a week ago. I came here for advice, not to be trolled.

You're the one that needs to grow up.

Instead of telling me I'm missing them all, telling me I'm a noob, AnD tYpInG liKe ThIS,

why wouldn't you just tell me the ones that are going to actually change my combat.

Or give advice thats actually informative.

5 people like this

Posted

Or you could, you know, switch back to sword real quick and heal. It takes me but a few seconds to switch to sword, use nemesis, and switch back. No rocket science lmao. Also maewha does get a healing skill at lvl 58, so yes a part of the problem is that you're missing a lot of the good skills.

1 person likes this

Posted

Getting my gear up will make it fine that I dont have any HP regen abilities,

such as divider outside of awakening?

I play Valk, so the mileage will vary...And my gear is not considered great (Duo gold taritas armor, Duo awakening lance, Tri gold Yuria longsword, full Jarrette's accesory set)..That said, with the items I mentioned, I melt Sausans in a couple hits. Others, with boss gear, one shot them. You just need to enhance some and you will be fine...And don't feel pressured or rushed ---- enjoy the ride and make progress as you can. 

Posted

I play Valk, so the mileage will vary...And my gear is not considered great (Duo gold taritas armor, Duo awakening lance, Tri gold Yuria longsword, full Jarrette's accesory set)..That said, with the items I mentioned, I melt Sausans in a couple hits. Others, with boss gear, one shot them. You just need to enhance some and you will be fine...And don't feel pressured or rushed ---- enjoy the ride and make progress as you can. 

Thanks. It obviously seems I need to enhance, since it's been mentioned multiple times.

Are any of the classes better than others with lesser gear?

Or you could, you know, switch back to sword real quick and heal. It takes me but a few seconds to switch to sword, use nemesis, and switch back. No rocket science lmao. Also maewha does get a healing skill at lvl 58, so yes a part of the problem is that you're missing a lot of the good skills.

This is what I have been doing. Just feels clunky. Are you referring to Flow: Cloud Stab?

Posted

Maehwa is only weak against tank classes and sorc, she can beat fellow musa class almost 9/10 times.

sorry whut? Nice joke :P

Posted

maehwa is overpowered and braindead 

Posted

Thanks. It obviously seems I need to enhance, since it's been mentioned multiple times.

Are any of the classes better than others with lesser gear?

This is what I have been doing. Just feels clunky. Are you referring to Flow: Cloud Stab?

Yeah Cloud Stab gives 100 hp per hit, which if you use it against a group of mobs it will heal a good chunk of your hp bar. As for the clunkiness, it felt like that to me at first too, but after playing around and practicing switching back, it felt more natural.

Posted

@Ezkp Also seems like your problem is also that you think you need to stay in one place and facetanks mobs and keep hitting, divider heal and nemesis slash are good yeah, doesn't mean they're there for you to face tank. You have incredibly side-mobiltiy with the new side steps to keep stabby stabing mobs all around, without them hitting you, you also have other skills with Frontal guard as red moon did. While awakening damage is your main issue for now (+7 way too low), seems like your gameplay might be as well

Posted

Gameplay isnt it. I know how to dash and sidestep.

It feels like there is a sweet spot on the spear you have to stay in, also the abilities I have now seem to not combo well.

Many suggested sticking it out because it gets better so I may have to do that.

I was just considering another class, because I loved the way stuff combo'd prior to awakening,

and it doesnt seem to flow together now.

Posted

You don't understand, about skills.

You need to use combos and cancel anims = Thess combos need a lot of skills, not necessery awakened skills.

And maybe, now that you got Awakening, you need to practice some changes in combat between awakening and normal attacks. I did that for buffs and heal. 

Good luck, may the skills be with you.

Posted (edited)

You are literally new to the game and have no idea how to play your class. keep gearing up and keep practicing and learning your weapon. If you come to the forum and make such a bold (and incorrect) statement while being a brand new player, of course you will get some people to troll you. You have to learn how to weave between your primary and awakening weapon, The kerisphear has a completely different playstyle and feel than Maewha's base weapon. If you quit 2 seconds after you get your awakening because you don't understand how to use it, then you will think every class you play in this game sucks, when in reality its just you.

Edited by MMOStein
1 person likes this

Posted

Any vids on Maehwa animation cancels? 

I can't find anything except for pre awakening.

Posted

Just use C to swap back to use divider.  There is also an Awakening skill that lets you chain Ultimate Nemesis Slash while in awakened stance.   Other than that mostly need to get better gear and more skill points. 

Posted

You are literally new to the game and have no idea how to play your class. keep gearing up and keep practicing and learning your weapon. If you come to the forum and make such a bold (and incorrect) statement while being a brand new player, of course you will get some people to troll you. You have to learn how to weave between your primary and awakening weapon, The kerisphear has a completely different playstyle and feel than Maewha's base weapon. If you quit 2 seconds after you get your awakening because you don't understand how to use it, then you will think every class you play in this game sucks, when in reality its just you.

What statement did I say that was incorrect.

I stated none of my abilities feel like they chain together well like pre awakening.

And I said I don't have access to hp regen abilities, which I was told is a level 58 skill.

Not quitting because Idk how to use it.

L2Read.

Posted

Any vids on Maehwa animation cancels? 

I can't find anything except for pre awakening.

Also, i know maehwas didnt have a spammable attack pre awakening, and perhaps you got too used to it, awk skills have larger cooldown timers, and as such, you have a stabby stab attack that is spammable. do note that spam doesn't mean less effective grind (See musa for exemple pre and post awk). And also you can simply cast red moon on awk by doing shift + Q, and cast blooming with the normal commands (shift+ lmb + rmb) out of chase.

Posted (edited)

Casting Red Moon with awakened weapon is equipped doesnt work. Am i missing something here?

I got the blooming to work.

Are there abilities that take you from non awakening to awakening,

like this one but the other way around.

Edited by Ezkp

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0