• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello Everyone!!

So, I played this game for a bit before it was released for the West and I loved it to death, so much so that I'm considering buying it for me and a friend for X-mas....however before I do I was hoping you guys could give me some honest feedback on the state of the BDO community.

I know it's unfair to expect any other MMO, especially a new one like BDO, to be at WoW's level of population, but I am curious how populated BDO is and whether or not it's at least on par with say - TERA.

How's end-game? Is level still open-ended or is it capped now? If capped, Is it boring at end-game? Is it impossible to play at end-game without spending irl money for a vip subscription or to sell cash shop stuff in-game for currency to get gear(like TERA)? Are there a healthy number of guilds? Which language/country is the most popular in-game? I assume English but I figured I'd ask just in case another language/country was overly popular in-game.

How is in-game chat? Normal F2P MMO crap, or like BnS (before it hit the West) - bots/advertisements every half a second? Or is it dead?

It's stuff like this I want to know before I get the game. I really don't want to put the money into a game that might vanish in a year, or that's completely unplayable without spending a lot of money. I'd love to hear honest opinions on not only the questions I asked but on whether or not you think the game is capable of lasting, and anything else you might think I should consider before getting the game.

Thanks a lot for any help here <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh! I thought of another important question....

Is there a casual lane for BDO? What I mean by that is I've seen stories that BDO takes so much time now that you'll never be able to play anything else. I'm a big gamer, I just got my ps4 and I plan on playing that a lot on top of Overwatch, WoW, and a few other PC/MMO games. Can you enjoy/advance/participate in BDO fully while playing other games?

Thank you!!

P.S.:: I understand if you don't want to, or can't, answer every question I had....but I'll take answers/feedback on anything!! So please respond if you can <3

Edited by Alterist
6.2. Posting Etiquette: The user shall not post in [...] flamboyant fonts etc. to draw attention to its posts.

Posted

Wall of Text with disgusting color and fonts.

11 people like this

Posted

The community in a nutshell

16 people like this

Posted

BDO is time consuming, very much. 

Community is good. When you put custom chat filters.

I play casually, i dont have "great stuff", but it doesnt matter if you have nice people to play with you. People who care too much about gear arent fun anyways. 

And you might want to spend a lot on this game for no reason because its pretty as fek.

I wont lie, i didnt read your wall of text. Weird fond, colors... 

Posted (edited)

How is in-game chat? Normal F2P MMO crap, or like BnS (before it hit the West) - bots/advertisements every half a second? Or is it dead?

You just need one chatfilter to filter most/all bots. "Panda Shop" was it if I remember correctly.

How's end-game? Is level still open-ended or is it capped now? If capped, Is it boring at end-game? Is it impossible to play at end-game without spending irl money for a vip subscription or to sell cash shop stuff in-game for currency to get gear(like TERA)? Are there a healthy number of guilds? Which language/country is the most popular in-game? I assume English but I figured I'd ask just in case another language/country was overly popular in-game.

There is no level cap, but it takes EXTREMLY long to get past lvl 60. A few made it to lvl 61. You can sell cash shop items, but they wont give you that much money. You can easly make that money in one day. (24 million). The Value pack (or VIP Subscription) gives you various bonuses that are only convient. Well... execpt one. 30% more money from the marketplace. Lowerring your taxes from 35% to 15%.

English is the most used language, but there are also options to only use/see german and france.

Is there a casual lane for BDO? What I mean by that is I've seen stories that BDO takes so much time now that you'll never be able to play anything else. I'm a big gamer, I just got my ps4 and I plan on playing that a lot on top of Overwatch, WoW, and a few other PC/MMO games. Can you enjoy/advance/participate in BDO fully while playing other games?

Depends on what you want to do. If you want to be competetive in PvP than you need to invest much time into the game, but the game also offers many ways to get money while being afk.

EDIT: Send you 2 Guest passes to test the game, so you can see for yourself how it is right now c:

Edited by Berakestor

Posted

Everything you need to know about the community really.

That said, the game has OWPvP with heavy gear-carry, requires a huge time-investment and following repetitive tasks combined with RNG-upgrading of gear. I'm sure you can draw your own conclusions about what kind of players such a game primarily attracts. All in all the skill-level required to play is incredibly low. Personally, I come here to enjoy the scenery after I raided/pvp'd in other games which actually manage to deliver quality skill-based content along those lines. BDO has none of it, but it looks awesome and has a nice resource/node-system.

There is no casual line if you want to be successful in pvp, but you can more or less avoid this very underdeveloped aspect of the game and enjoy the rest instead even as a casual player.

Posted

well the game itself is amazing with one of the best combat system in my opinion (this is one of the reason the keep me playing this game)

about community i can say that is the same how others mmo you find assholes but also good people,bot are pretty rare not like others game just use chat filter and you should not have problem with bots.

levels are still open there is a soft cap (level 56 atm) pretty easy to reach,gain exp after this level become harder and need to put more hours of grind to reach a new level.

Now PVP is pretty gear/level based so if you want be competitive in pvp you have to invest a lot time,a skilled player have no chance to win against a better geared player,PVE side you still can enjoy the game you will need a decent gear anyway especially for grind but nothing compared to what you need in pvp ^_^.

About pearl shop itemes (purchasable with IRL money) it give to you some advanced but nothing that can be called P2W clothes give you more exp and pets help you to loot stuff from mobs anyway both of this items are accessible with in game currency,you will need also a bit of luck to get it because of high demand :)

Anyway if you are a casual player you should not have problem with the game,like said the game itself is pretty enjoyable,the game is also AFK friendly this mean that you can do stuff also while you are afk,fishing is one of the way to do money while people are AFK so if you haven't any problem to keep your pc ON you can 'abuse' it during your work time or sleep time :D .

Currently there is also an event for new people that gift you usefull stuff like ingame money and some base stuff to get started so you should not have big problems.

Posted (edited)

The community is pretty much like Leafyishere channel with comic sans.

other questions didnt read yet to sleepy. will come back later too tired after 10 hr grind.

oh yeah and bdo is tons of fun and very casual friend , you can do whatever you wish in the game and even make money to buy whatever you want while afk and stuff.

Edited by hakutzu

Posted

You do need to spend real money on this game, both on the sub and a large amount of other cash shop items that are labeled "convenience" by devs and fanboys.

As for end game, it is what you make it. PvE endgame is basically running in a circle killing the same mobs until the end of time.

But you can craft and trade and fish and cook etc which you might find enjoyable.

PvP endgame... GvG and sieges but PvP in this game is so bad I wouldn't consider it valid.

Posted

There is no community, 'cause the first thing you're gonna do is disable chat. xD

Posted

Red crazy ass font wall of text? Ain't nobody got time for that.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

As many have said, the game is fine and pretty casual friendly. As long as you don't feel you need to rush anything, you're good. There are a LOT of things to do and keep yourself busy with.

The community in-game is fine for the most part, but I hope you have a thick skin, 'cause people can be nasty. Chat filter will be your new best friend.

The forums here can be downright toxic at times.

The cash shop prices are a bit high, but no loot boxes in sight! Only "loot boxes" we get are in-game from events and free, so can't really complain too much.

Edited by PandoraRose
1 person likes this

Posted

Community is bunch of toxic crybabies me included. You can't expirence the full game unless you can play at very least 20h/week and I'm talking about casual gear here not even the decent one. I would never recommend this game to person without time or experience at Asian grinders you will just get bored before getting to the fun part. But hey :D yo can always play but not play with afk activities such fun much wow.

Posted

The community is toxic, the game whilst fun is very time and cash dependant. However if you're a girl im sure you will be able to find a harem of desperate guys to do your every wish

Posted

Just join EU Server and come to the Balenos channel. The chat is full of memes and stupid people. You cant get a better channel c:

*cough* Croxus ftw *cough* <.<

Posted

I love you.

Posted

The community on this forum is toxic but there are lots of great people playing the game.  Just turn off chat and join a guild that supports your play style.  If you aren't in any hurry to achieve anything then you don't need to play the game for hours on end but if you expect to be really competitive then you are going to have to put in many hours considering that time gives player that have lots of it to spend the biggest advantage in this game.

You can play the game fine without spending extra cash at the cash shop but the convenience items they sell are a big help especially for people that don't have a great deal of time to spend on the game.  I took a character to level 55 over two weeks without spending a penny on the cash shop mostly doing quest.but sometimes I couldn't pick up the loot drops fast enough before they timed out or I was attacked by more mobs and I had to fight instead of picking up the loot.  If you buy a pet or two you will be glad that you did.  If you can get by picking up the loot yourself sooner or later you will get some free pets from events.  I'm about to get my fifth free pet this month with the current event.  And, of course if you don't purchase some extra inventory space and an increase to your weight allowance you will have to make more trips back and forth between your grinding location and a town.

I hope you enjoy the game as much as I do.

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh! I thought of another important question....

Just my two cents on this question for you. As a player that is currently with an Esports organization for Overwatch (consumes a lot of my time along with my day job and military commitments), I find that BDO is a great game for me to blow off steam and play casually. I mostly just do horse breeding in this game and grind a bit on the side when I'm bored, but I can understand the other comments about how if you are really trying for end game content this would be lackluster. It really comes down to what you want to "enjoy/advance/participate" in BDO; I like to breed and race horses so I have stables stocked full of T7 and T8 horses along with other tiers for racing and I consider that enjoying and participating in the game for me. If you are truly hesitant, there are guest passes available that could let you get into the game and mess around for a bit to get an idea of what the game has to offer now. I still have my 7 day guest pass from when I pre-ordered the game I would be happy to pass along if you want it and those refer-a-friend pass that I haven't really looked into yet. Just send me a PM if you want the pass and I can send that your way. Hope this info helped a bit.

Posted

Terrible fonts everywhere!

1 person likes this

Posted

This community is honestly one of the best I've ever seen. Hundreds of helpful people on the forums at any time! Barely any toxicity here at all. You'll have a great time on the forums and in game!

Posted

Its not too bad. There are some cool people here. But like any community, there are trolls

Posted

Honestly, I don't know where to begin.
I never expected to be lambasted over the font colors I used, called a name, and then had my post actually edited under the accusation trying to get attention?!?.
I wish you guys knew me, then you'd understand that I just love colors/rainbows and emojis/hearts....I've always made every forum, blog, or internet post colorful af and filled with heart symbols/emojis that i like....I just like colors like that, I'm quirky I guess, but I've never been censured for it. That really has me shocked, that people are mad at me because of font colors, and that a forum mod was actually summoned over it.

Nevertheless, thanks to the people who actually responded with answers about the in-game community/experience, and who took the time to read through my entire post - you're awesome and I appreciate it. It seems like you can choose to either do the grind, or go casual and do something else in-game - which is nice. I think I'm done with the forums here but I'm definitely still interested in the game and super thankful for the guest passes! I really look forward to trying out the game with my friend now!!

Thank you! <3

Posted

BDO has one of the most toxic forum communities I've ever seen. You'd do well to steer clear of the forums. There are some helpful people in the Guides forum at least, but beyond that, forget it. You're better off with the BDO subreddit, which isn't nearly as bad.

Posted (edited)

I never expected to be lambasted over the font colors I used, called a name, and then had my post actually edited under the accusation trying to get attention?!?.
I wish you guys knew me, then you'd understand that I just love colors/rainbows and emojis/hearts....I've always made every forum, blog, or internet post colorful af and filled with heart symbols/emojis that i like....I just like colors like that, I'm quirky I guess, but I've never been censured for it. That really has me shocked, that people are mad at me because of font colors, and that a forum mod was actually summoned over it.

Nevertheless, thanks to the people who actually responded with answers about the in-game community/experience, and who took the time to read through my entire post - you're awesome and I appreciate it. It seems like you can choose to either do the grind, or go casual and do something else in-game - which is nice. I think I'm done with the forums here but I'm definitely still interested in the game and super thankful for the guest passes! I really look forward to trying out the game with my friend now!!

Thank you! <3

There are a lot of paths you can take from PK trolling to combat monster to craftsperson.  The problem comes in when trying to do more than one or possibly two types of crafting, since the merge there is simply not enough storage and CP to try more than one or two things.  Also the ease of combat, the repetitiveness (especially in crafting) and the constant fight with storage constraints makes a session boring fairly quickly. 

Before the merge I used to go to a different server where I had different specializations set up on the map and storage and whatnot (along with different communities that tended to hang out on particular servers so the chat was at least different while waiting for things to happen), but now none of that is possible so I just go to a different game after an hour or two.  I often go to Defiance for its wild combat to wake up from Black Desert for instance.

Is BDO worth it to bring friends in?  It used to be but I am not so sure anymore.

Edited by BC

Posted (edited)

Because it's an eyesore. You open yourself to nitpicking by other people because 99% of threads out there don't use an obnoxious color and font that make it harder to read. Lots of people are easily irritated online by small things like this because it's usually done out of an attention-seeking manner/"I'm a special snowflake and want to be different syndrome."

Nobody says you can't use whatever color and font you like, but that doesn't mean you won't get judged for it. You can bet that if you did the same thing for a school paper and typed in pink Vladimir Script font while everyone used black Times New Roman, whoever reads your paper is going to at the very least silently judge you.

Edited by Serenei