• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Average grind time 59-60?

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So finally closing in on 59 and heading for the long grind to 60 on my zerker.  Looking to get some input from people on here.

I grinded most of 56-58 at fogans and guild quests in valencia, with 58-59 being a mix of fogans/nagas/cadry/gahaz/pirates.

I know with the merge and event a ton of the farm spots are going to be contested but what do you think your average grind time from 59-60 was?

Is it realistic as a zerker to expect 1% at high farm areas?  I know we have rangers averaging about 1.5% an hour but I cant clear like a 230 ap ranger can.

I have about 15k loyalty for scrolls, a 1 week xp book, about 60 gm's blessings and 2 weeks of vacation at the end of the year.  I dont have an xp gem currently, is it worth it to try and lock one or two down?  I dont know if I lost or sold mine or what but I can also get xp potions.  I do have a combat xp pet for 3%

Will likely split my time between pirates and bandits (likely getting the villa for the xp buff) and fogans.   I also have about 3 weeks worth of kamasilves so grinding in areas with drops may be worth taking a hit in xp.

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

50 hours+

Posted (edited)

Dunno your AP, so couldn't really say... can pull almost 1%/hr at Pila ku solo on partial buffs non-weekend at 183/193/299, trying to convert some of dp to ap, which should put me comfortably over 1%/hr, and it's almost never contested. also nice because it's one of few places gated by kill speed rather than being gated by travel between 1 shitting packs, so you can party there much more efficiently than alot of other places. Akman is good if you can get a solid 5 man party all ~200AP, mobs die to slow for solo or 2/3 man there though unless you're rocking 220AP with at least 3 accuracy items (I'm rocking 1x tri red coral earring, bheg & kutum and still had noticeable dmg increase when we popped party conc elixir) to be efficient, did a 3 man (all 190~210 ap) there to test and it is heavily kill speed dependant, we were killing at just about respawn timer speed for 1/2 of one of the larger rooms, xp was a little lower than solo Pila ku.

TBH the best leveling I've done is just spamming x-large Valencia guild quests, gives you something to watch other than your xp bar, that's more a mind game of tricking yourself into grinding longer than anything else though.

Edited by PyroAmos

Posted

Playtime is over 100h, 1% is plausible but add Travel it is less.

But with book, 2x xp Crystal Blue elixir it goes faster.

If u add the 200,%daily and Go slow but steady 50h are plausible but nothing to aim or Care for.

1 person likes this

Posted

100-120 hours, depending on the xp buffs u utilize (if u grind on xp weekend with loyalty scrolls or the combat xp book, it will cut down on the time a lot)

Posted

Dunno your AP, so couldn't really say... can pull almost 1%/hr at Pila ku solo on partial buffs non-weekend at 183/193/299, trying to convert some of dp to ap, which should put me comfortably over 1%/hr, and it's almost never contested. also nice because it's one of few places gated by kill speed rather than being gated by travel between 1 shitting packs, so you can party there much more efficiently than alot of other places. Akman is good if you can get a solid 5 man party all ~200AP, mobs die to slow for solo or 2/3 man there though unless you're rocking 220AP with at least 3 accuracy items (I'm rocking 1x tri red coral earring, bheg & kutum and still had noticeable dmg increase when we popped party conc elixir) to be efficient, did a 3 man (all 190~210 ap) there to test and it is heavily kill speed dependant, we were killing at just about respawn timer speed for 1/2 of one of the larger rooms, xp was a little lower than solo Pila ku.

TBH the best leveling I've done is just spamming x-large Valencia guild quests, gives you something to watch other than your xp bar, that's more a mind game of tricking yourself into grinding longer than anything else though.

yeah 183ap just hit 59 last night at pirates so will chart it out and see how it goes.  I have plenty of loyalty for scrolls and a bunch of gm blessings and will have the xp book running for 2 weeks straight

Posted

zerks farm incredibly well with their cannon , just watch some of the zerk streamers grind.

Posted (edited)

Heya IronJaw,

I don't think I can answer your question on the average time it takes, but I can give you some advice for what to do. I can assure you that with the amount of time you have at the end of the month you will easily be able to get your Giant to level 60.

I recently came back to the game last Saturday after a 4 month long break, when I returned I was 11% of the way into 59 and was able to reach 60 by the following Sunday (technically Monday morning)

Here's a list of things you will need

- A large stack of the following foods Milk tea, King of the Jungle Hamburg, and a 3rd food of your choice

- A Large stack of Party Experience Elixir that you will consume on cooldown

- The biggest Cart you can afford

- 3 boats

Things that would help, but are by no means needed are Maids, combat experience scrolls, a Combat Book from the monthly event, combat exp gems, combat exp pets.

Before actually getting the grind itself started auto path 2 alts out to the island with 2 boats, sail the last boat to the island yourself with the large wagon. Go find a dense spot on the island to claim for yourself and park your cart as close as you can safely. Grind to your hearts content, when your bags / weight fill up load stuff into your cart. Delete the armor, slam the rings( just raw enhance them ignoring stacks), and save the earrings.

When you need to repair load as much as you can carry out of your cart onto yourself and run to the dock area, repair, convert your silver to bars, and throw everything you brought with you into boats. Eventually, if you're not using maids, you will need to designate a boat / alt for each of the 3 coin types, and the bandanas. Using the carry weight trick you can place an unlimited amount of weight of a single stacked item into a single container or inventory. Doing this you will never need to leave the island (especially if you have maids for the random item transportation or market purchase)

What I noticed was that the weekend, especially this last weekend with 100% exp boost, is an amazing time to grind! Pop your 200% daily exp boost, GM blessing, combat scroll ( if you don't have a book) during the night times and watch the exp move like you were level 58 again!

I'm a little tired and feel like this post went on a bit too long, but I hope it helps! If you have any questions feel free to contact me in game, my name is the same as my forum title.

Quick edit: I would not recommend bandits with your current AP.

Edited by Mongor

Posted (edited)

50 hours!!!! No -----ing way! 100+ even with scrolls, crystals, and buffs and 200ap. You may get that down to 80 min if you only grind weekends. I used all of the aforementioned advantages and my ap/dp is 199/194/268. I grinded on weekdays and weekends and it took me 50 hours to do 58! 59 is twice that. This is my 2nd 59 and I have a 58 as well. I have been playing since launch and have tried every grind area there is solo and in parties. Most players will not get 1% per hour at 59 and even if they do it's still a 100 hour grind. I am 12% away from 60 and it's taken me 97 hours so far. Here is a link to a site that gives the exact xp requirements for each level from 1-65. Exactly double the xp is required for level 59 compared to 58. The requirement is then tripled at level 60 and doubled again thereafter for each level up to 65. Here is the link: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/451610/black-desert-1-65-xp-chart-for-na-eu. This info was data mined btw.

Edited by darcy101
added more info.
2 people like this

Posted

This depends a lot on your class, gear and spot. On my sorc i got little over 2% / hr last xp weekend at pirates. I was using xp book, milk tea, 10% costume, 10% xp crystal, 3% pet and all kind of damage buffs including yellow alchemy stone but no pots. My AP was around 200. With 30min daily buff i can even get 2% in 30min.

Posted (edited)

I have been doing calculations for lvl 58-59, and now with 59-60, and with constant 100% xp buff, you need at LEAST 100 hours of grinding. Without any buff, then 200 hours, but who the hell grinds without buff...

However, it depends on how fast you grind of course. If you don't pick up loot, and grind all the time without break (where you stop attacking), then you'll get to lvl 60 with 100% buff. I get 1% an hour during weekends, which equals 100% = 100 hours.

Ps. With 200% daily xp buff, I get 1% on 30 min. The more xp buff, the faster you get to lvl 60.

50 hours!!!! No -----ing way! 100+ even with scrolls, crystals, and buffs and 200ap. You may get that down to 80 min if you only grind weekends. I used all of the aforementioned advantages and my ap/dp is 199/194/268. I grinded on weekdays and weekends and it took me 50 hours to do 58! 59 is twice that. This is my 2nd 59 and I have a 58 as well. I have been playing since launch and have tried every grind area there is solo and in parties. Most players will not get 1% per hour at 59 and even if they do it's still a 100 hour grind. I am 12% away from 60 and it's taken me 97 hours so far. Here is a link to a site that gives the exact xp requirements for each level from 1-65. Exactly double the xp is required for level 59 compared to 58. The requirement is then tripled at level 60 and doubled again thereafter for each level up to 65. Here is the link: http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/451610/black-desert-1-65-xp-chart-for-na-eu. This info was data mined btw.

With constant 200% or more xp buff, 50 hours is possible. (might be a little bit more, due to people interrupting your grind)

Edited by Crescent

Posted

I have been doing calculations for lvl 58-59, and now with 59-60, and with constant 100% xp buff, you need at LEAST 100 hours of grinding. Without any buff, then 200 hours, but who the hell grinds without buff...

However, it depends on how fast you grind of course. If you don't pick up loot, and grind all the time without break (where you stop attacking), then you'll get to lvl 60 with 100% buff. I get 1% an hour during weekends, which equals 100% = 100 hours.

Ps. With 200% daily xp buff, I get 1% on 30 min. The more xp buff, the faster you get to lvl 60.

Depending on your class you can do 1,5-2% per hour at weekends (I did 1,3% as maehwa, so witch/wiz aka easy mode can do more). 60-70 hours is pretty realistic even without constant 200%.

1 person likes this

Posted

How can people have 60 gms blessings? I play the game  too and claim all rewards from events ( 4+ months), but I got max around 15 of them.

Posted (edited)

It takes more xp (so time, and also more chances to lose XP during said time, so even more time lost at that lvl) to do 59 - 60 than 55 - 59.

Taken from another thread, guess it's relevant

required_xp_56-60.png.e713fde85442e91973

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

It takes more xp (so time, and also more chances to lose XP during said time, so even more time lost at that lvl) to do 59 - 60 than 55 - 59.

Taken from another thread, guess it's relevant

required_xp_56-60.png.e713fde85442e91973

i think it shows the xp required at lvl x, so the big jump at 60 is from 60 to 61, at least it didnt feel like 60 takes 3 times longer than 59. But now at lvl 60 i really get only 1/3 of the xp at pirates. Or thats cause of grey mobs... not sure.

1 person likes this

Posted

So finally closing in on 59 and heading for the long grind to 60 on my zerker.  Looking to get some input from people on here.

I grinded most of 56-58 at fogans and guild quests in valencia, with 58-59 being a mix of fogans/nagas/cadry/gahaz/pirates.

I know with the merge and event a ton of the farm spots are going to be contested but what do you think your average grind time from 59-60 was?

Is it realistic as a zerker to expect 1% at high farm areas?  I know we have rangers averaging about 1.5% an hour but I cant clear like a 230 ap ranger can.

I have about 15k loyalty for scrolls, a 1 week xp book, about 60 gm's blessings and 2 weeks of vacation at the end of the year.  I dont have an xp gem currently, is it worth it to try and lock one or two down?  I dont know if I lost or sold mine or what but I can also get xp potions.  I do have a combat xp pet for 3%

Will likely split my time between pirates and bandits (likely getting the villa for the xp buff) and fogans.   I also have about 3 weeks worth of kamasilves so grinding in areas with drops may be worth taking a hit in xp.

I was getting 1.5% an hour.  Mainly no lifed weekends for it.  

Posted (edited)

I was getting 1.5% an hour.  Mainly no lifed weekends for it.  

Yeah I was around 1.35-1.5 on the weekends.  I didn't finish it up before the end of the year because frankly I just decided to do some RL over the holidays.  Took me two weekends into january to wrap it up with no weekday grinding.

Made about 250 mil in bandanas, 100m in coral drops, and probably another 250m in pirate coins with m2 buff  besides all the black stones from the events (averaged 30 an hour) and all the silver i turned in direct to my bank, about 1m every 20 mins or so 

How can people have 60 gms blessings? I play the game  too and claim all rewards from events ( 4+ months), but I got max around 15 of them.

from having characters on all the servers pre-merge, i didnt do it so lost out big :(

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

yeah 1.0-1.5% /hr typically.. it is what it is..

also how are you not 60 yet?

Posted

yeah 1.0-1.5% /hr typically.. it is what it is..

also how are you not 60 yet?

oh i am now

Posted

oh i am now

okay phew.. i was confused cause im pretty sure i bumped into you in game like yesterday.

Posted

okay phew.. i was confused cause im pretty sure i bumped into you in game like yesterday.

Hah someone else gratzed me the other day and i was like uhm its been months.   Maybe its because I suck so bad at making tets people just think im lower level :(

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0