• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Lavientia's Event Guide

67 posts in this topic

Posted

This event only rewards no lifers, fix the ancient pearl drop chance to a maximum a day but with a high drop chance, it seriously aint fair that some of us will only get 1 box throughout the entire event where as others can get dozens...

Im starting to see that too. Like I would love to play often but work and parenting; I dont have that much time :(

Posted (edited)

Does anybody know if we can get more than 1 item out of the simple alchemy process? If so, does this outcome is affected by processing lvl or alchemy lvl?

Yes, you can proc on the rings, I haven't on the boxes yet, but I'm sure they went through great lengths to prevent it from proccing on those though.

Edited by ZΞ | manic

Posted

Bold statement concidering he has not posted since april. Unless you guys are into account sharing and multi boxing ofc ;)

Gemu = Aethon? :P Would make sense timeline wise. Belz left, Jouska got promoted, random "new" CM appeared, Gemu stopped post. 

Posted

Is it normal that thr pearl drop is so low? can you make the droprate a bit higher? right now it feels likea bad event

1 person likes this

Posted

Guys, anyone lost his pearls? I am searching in every char, in every storage in towns I am not able to find them.

I have turned on and off auto-arrange and nothing.

Posted

The pearl drop rates is ridiculously low to the point where this event is just based on the daily reward. Which is just stupid.

Posted

I was one of the lucky ones to get good drops on the halloween candy event. I've not got a single pearl drop at all since the start and I play this game a lot. At least make them a little easier to get

Posted

yeah, don't count on ancient pearls from drops. only the very lucky people will be able to get a 2nd shiny box.

i've done around 30h grind time on kamasilve and gm's blessing, no pearl drop

Posted

70k mansha turn ins +plus various other guild quests not a single one.

Posted (edited)

I don't know if anyone else has done the math on this, but I don't see it anywhere in the thread. So, maybe it'll make someone's life a little easier...

The event runs from December 7th to January 4th but realistically let's assume our dates are December 8th through January 3rd, just to be on the safe side. With that in mind, we receive 2 Ancient Pearls per day, with 26 days from December 8th to January 3rd. That's a total of 52 Ancient Pearls. Assuming we want a Shiny Box (and we should) that means we'll have to spend 30 of those Ancient Pearls creating 10 Splendid Boxes, and another 10 to create the Shiny Box - 40 Ancient Pearls total. That leaves 12 Ancient Pearls. From start to finish we could have created 17.333 Splendid Boxes (if we didn't want a Shiny Box); however, since we'll assume that we do then we can only make 14. 10 will be used for the Shiny Box and the remaining 4 are extras to open for some RNG rewards. So it's easier to see all of that information at just a glance I've condensed it below:

Dec 8th - Jan 3rd: 26 days
Ancient Pearls: 26×2=52
Splendid Boxes: 17.333 (14, if you want a Shiny Box - 4 extra after the Shiny Box)
Shiny Boxes: 1

Now here's some additional (somewhat less interesting) information: Every day we get 10 silver powder, 5 gold powder, 2 diamonds, 2 ancient pearls, 20 rings. Assuming we stick with out 26 day figure the totals come to 260 silver powder, 130 gold powder, 52 diamonds, 52 ancient pearls, 520 rings.

For all intents and purposes we can just throw away the gold powder. Assuming we only want the Silver Rings we could make 26. We could however create 52 Silver Diamond Rings (assuming we acquired Ring & Silver Powder via other means). They are relatively easy to acquire, but assuming all we do is log in every day then we could create a total of 26 Silver Diamond Rings. Since we need 10-14 of them for Splendid Boxes (10 for Shiny Box and 4 extra) that leaves 12-16 extras to open for RNG rewards. This is of course assuming all we do is log in. Realistically speaking, many players may have somewhere closer to 38-42 extras if they acquire enough Rings and Silver Powder to create Silver Diamond rings with the Diamonds they get from logging in every day.

Silver Rings: 26
Silver Diamond Rings: 26 (52)
Extras: 12-16 (38-42)

edit: It occurs to me that if someone is only logging in without grinding for additional materials then I guess this information could be useful... You could additionally create 13 Gold Rings -> Gold Diamond Rings, only with the login rewards. You could do 26 if you managed to get enough gold powder. If you play then I don't imagine that would be that difficult. It's been ~5 days and I have 117 Gold Powder saved up, having used 10. So if you run out of Silver Powder as your limiting factor when January 3rd rolls around you can just use your excess Diamonds to create 13-26 Gold Diamond Rings instead and open them for RNG rewards.

Edited by Asata
2 people like this

Posted

I don't know if anyone else has done the math on this, but I don't see it anywhere in the thread. So, maybe it'll make someone's life a little easier...

The event runs from December 7th to January 4th but realistically let's assume our dates are December 8th through January 3rd, just to be on the safe side. With that in mind, we receive 2 Ancient Pearls per day, with 26 days from December 8th to January 3rd. That's a total of 52 Ancient Pearls. Assuming we want a Shiny Box (and we should) that means we'll have to spend 30 of those Ancient Pearls creating 10 Splendid Boxes, and another 10 to create the Shiny Box - 40 Ancient Pearls total. That leaves 12 Ancient Pearls. From start to finish we could have created 17.333 Splendid Boxes (if we didn't want a Shiny Box); however, since we'll assume that we do then we can only make 14. 10 will be used for the Shiny Box and the remaining 4 are extras to open for some RNG rewards. So it's easier to see all of that information at just a glance I've condensed it below:

Dec 8th - Jan 3rd: 26 days
Ancient Pearls: 26×2=52
Splendid Boxes: 17.333 (14, if you want a Shiny Box - 4 extra after the Shiny Box)
Shiny Boxes: 1

Now here's some additional (somewhat less interesting) information: Every day we get 10 silver powder, 5 gold powder, 2 diamonds, 2 ancient pearls, 20 rings. Assuming we stick with out 26 day figure the totals come to 260 silver powder, 130 gold powder, 52 diamonds, 52 ancient pearls, 520 rings.

For all intents and purposes we can just throw away the gold powder. Assuming we only want the Silver Rings we could make 26. We could however create 52 Silver Diamond Rings (assuming we acquired Ring & Silver Powder via other means). They are relatively easy to acquire, but assuming all we do is log in every day then we could create a total of 26 Silver Diamond Rings. Since we need 10-14 of them for Splendid Boxes (10 for Shiny Box and 4 extra) that leaves 12-16 extras to open for RNG rewards. This is of course assuming all we do is log in. Realistically speaking, many players may have somewhere closer to 38-42 extras if they acquire enough Rings and Silver Powder to create Silver Diamond rings with the Diamonds they get from logging in every day.

Silver Rings: 26
Silver Diamond Rings: 26 (52)
Extras: 12-16 (38-42)

edit: It occurs to me that if someone is only logging in without grinding for additional materials then I guess this information could be useful... You could additionally create 13 Gold Rings -> Gold Diamond Rings, only with the login rewards. You could do 26 if you managed to get enough gold powder. If you play then I don't imagine that would be that difficult. It's been ~5 days and I have 117 Gold Powder saved up, having used 10. So if you run out of Silver Powder as your limiting factor when January 3rd rolls around you can just use your excess Diamonds to create 13-26 Gold Diamond Rings instead and open them for RNG rewards.

Thank you, the math is helpful :) I'm not just counting on the log-in rewards alone, but it helps to see where the bare minimum gets me, and therefore how much more I need to accomplish my goals.

Posted

This event only rewards no lifers, fix the ancient pearl drop chance to a maximum a day but with a high drop chance, it seriously aint fair that some of us will only get 1 box throughout the entire event where as others can get dozens...

while i can agree with the demand for an increase to their drop chance i can assure you at least from my experience that even at grinding 5+hrs a day since this event has started i have only acquired 3 pearls from drops. If i continue at this pace AND have luck on my side i may see two of those desirable boxes in total.

Posted (edited)

Just a couple thoughts I'd like to share.

I usually disliked the other events because of the heavy RNG nature and being completely or almost completely shut out because of having to rely on a seemingly low chance to get enough or simply anything of that one item for the event to simply participate or "fully" participate and feel like I was able to show enough for the amount of time I spent to try and participate. ((Personal comment: pretty rough sentence, but sums it up hopefully. Apologies to English majors and teachers.))

I seem to find this event to be quite a nice balance everything I've come to accept from BDO (RNG nature of all things) as well as the ability to make gains when extra effort is put in beyond the fixed daily rewards. It's a nice combination of several things as opposed to a relying on single item (aka single point of failure so to speak) so that you can get something (even if that something is an additional chance at another RNG) so it certainly feels less stressful. If I get enough components to make the shiny box, great. If I get enough to only make rings, still great. At least I'm not sweating buckets and stressing out farming wild herbs for three days and not getting a single cherry blossom seed and wondering if or how I'll ever get any of the rewards if possible before the entire event comes to a close!

Just gotta also say that using simple alchemy to combine these event items is a superb idea. Good stuff. Great ideas!

Thanks for making an event that is accessible to all spectrum of BDO players and allows those who wish to put in more time get more out of it.

Edited by Kuzah
Typo :3

Posted

I'm having Halloween candy deja vu O.o

Been grinding and mining and fishing like crazy and only 1 pearl in three days...

Posted

Last 5 days went from lvl 10 sorc to lvl 56 not 1 Ancient Pearl has dropped unsure the amount of hours but i been on the grind non stop!

Posted (edited)

The open world drop rate for Ancient Pearls is absolute NOTHING.  ...     gotten several big diamonds but not 1 pearl.

It objectively makes this a worse event that fails to encourage more active playtime.  Plz consider just mailing some out as compensation

Edited by iller

Posted

So basically, Since I am at work 12hrs a day (need to leave comp off while gone) and with AFK fishing overnight while I sleep, I have no chance in hell to get enough pearls to warrant going for a shiny box.

Posted

So basically, Since I am at work 12hrs a day (need to leave comp off while gone) and with AFK fishing overnight while I sleep, I have no chance in hell to get enough pearls to warrant going for a shiny box.

Read my post a few above yours. You can make at least 1 shiny box and have 4 splendid boxes left over if all you do is log in every day. Most of us that do play all day aren't getting pearls anyways so you're not all that disadvantaged, really. You'll just have less silver diamond rings and I've opened a fair few of them so far and they kinda suck lol.

Posted

Read my post a few above yours. You can make at least 1 shiny box and have 4 splendid boxes left over if all you do is log in every day. Most of us that do play all day aren't getting pearls anyways so you're not all that disadvantaged, really. You'll just have less silver diamond rings and I've opened a fair few of them so far and they kinda suck lol.

I have  about 7 splendid boxes already. I mean, the rng from them would have better chance to be either something good or sell-able to get silver for something good rather than put it all into a shiny box. 14 splendid vs 1 shiny and a couple splendid.

Posted

Splendid? More like cron stone boxes.

1 person likes this

Posted

from 18x gold diamond rings got 1x crescent guardian ring and 1x mark of shadow + other stuff

Posted

I have a question.. Right now I have 11 pearls.. assuming I'll get 2 every day till the 4th of january, I'll have 41 on the last day.. But I don't get if I'll have the loot on the last day or not.

Posted

mark die si

Posted

6 days later still no Ancient Pearl drops while on the grind so this event must be broken i take it and idk what to do with all this gold powder i have.... Some one have any advice about where or how to obtain Ancient Pearl's please share it thanks.

Posted

6 days later still no Ancient Pearl drops while on the grind so this event must be broken i take it and idk what to do with all this gold powder i have.... Some one have any advice about where or how to obtain Ancient Pearl's please share it thanks.

grind even more, leave the guild and kill those former friend of you that looted 2 pearls while you were in party with him, cry for rngesus, offer your firstborn to the black spirit ..... are some things that can be done about it xD