• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Stop high heels costumes!

118 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok i want to play kunoichi with a chakram and guess what?it s gender lock,stupid answer...

Femen are real OMG

If your problem is gender locked classes, then complain about that.  That has nothing to do with high heels.  By all means, I agree with you.  Please no more gender locked classes.  Maybe then we can stop hearing about all of these men dictating what a female character should, or should not, be wearing.  TBH, I doubt it would stop.  But its worth dreaming.

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted (edited)

If your problem is gender locked classes, then complain about that.  That has nothing to do with high heels.  By all means, I agree with you.  Please no more gender locked classes.  Maybe then we can stop hearing about all of these men dictating what a female character should, or should not, be wearing.  TBH, I doubt it would stop.  But its worth dreaming.

I'm not against high heels in real life,i love it lol

i just find it inapropriate in an action combat mmorpg,that's it or make it comestic/rp costumes why not but i know that it will never happen anyway.

So i just want the choice.

Edited by Angryman

Posted (edited)

I'm not against high heels in real life,i love it lol

i just find it inapropriate in an action combat mmorpg,that's it.

Female super heroes in almost any form of media or entertainment have more often than not always worn heels.  It's not just MMORPGs.  The only reason it becomes a problem in MMORPGs is because men are, for whatever reason, often playing as females.  Which I find weird anyway, but whatever, so long as my boyfriend doesn't do it, to each their own.

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted

Well there you go.  Obviously if you don't like wearing them in RL, you won't like wearing them in a game.  You may be a female, but your thought process in this regard is no different than a man's thought process.  Guess what?  I don't like to wear some of the heavy bulky armor, helmets, and all of that macho stuff men love to wear that is often given for us to wear in games either.  But if that's all the game has to offer, I don't go to the forums on a hissy fit asking the developers to design dresses and high heels for me to wear in the game.  I just play with what the game offers, and be done with it.  I could understand if you were actually forced to wear them and they were hurting your feet and causing you medical discomfort.  But its a game costume for crissakes!!!  Besides, as many posters have already mentioned, there are costumes with flats options to wear, so this is just an exaggeration as always. Its just shoes.  Really not that serious.

I'm not sure why this agitates you so much, to me you're one of the few people in here sounding very hissy and I don't understand why. You have everything you want in the game already, of course you won't complain on the forums. Be lucky you have all those things to wear! Us other People who don't like high heels aren't as lucky and we're free to voice our opinions and suggestions here on the forums.

There are very very few costumes with flat shoes for all classes, only one real one, to be exact: The Canape costume. People keep mentioning Ghillie or Desert Camo, but those don't have flat shoes that you can Combine with anything else - if you want those flat shoes you -have to- dress up as a bush. What would you say if the only option a game developer gives you for wearing high heels comes with a ridiculous hamburger costume and then people tell you "Be happy with all those high-heeled options you got!"

I know there's also craftable costumes, but even the ones that -do- come with flat shoes are one giant costume, you take the whole thing or you don't get the shoes since they're not detachable.

No one in here is claiming that it's the most serious topic in the game or that all the high heels should be taken out - I really don't see why so many people feel the need to belittle those of us who want more flat options.

That said, I don't agree with flat-shoe-fans belittling the opposite side and calling them pervs or what not either. I think they look ridiculous, you're free to have a different opinion.

Posted

Female super heroes in almost any form of media or entertainment have more often than always worn heels.  It's not just MMORPGs.  The only reason it becomes a problem in MMORPGs is because men are, for whatever reason, often playing as females.  Which I find weird anyway, but whatever to each their own.

wut???a man playing a female in a mmo is weird?looool

i really don't understand this mentality,i have a girlfriend,i love her and i have no problem with my sexuality.

People really have to dissociate gaming and real life.

I'm not sure why this agitates you so much, to me you're one of the few people in here sounding very hissy and I don't understand why. You have everything you want in the game already, of course you won't complain on the forums. Be lucky you have all those things to wear! Us other People who don't like high heels aren't as lucky and we're free to voice our opinions and suggestions here on the forums.

There are very very few costumes with flat shoes for all classes, only one real one, to be exact: The Canape costume. People keep mentioning Ghillie or Desert Camo, but those don't have flat shoes that you can Combine with anything else - if you want those flat shoes you -have to- dress up as a bush. What would you say if the only option a game developer gives you for wearing high heels comes with a ridiculous hamburger costume and then people tell you "Be happy with all those high-heeled options you got!"

I know there's also craftable costumes, but even the ones that -do- come with flat shoes are one giant costume, you take the whole thing or you don't get the shoes since they're not detachable.

No one in here is claiming that it's the most serious topic in the game or that all the high heels should be taken out - I really don't see why so many people feel the need to belittle those of us who want more flat options.

That said, I don't agree with flat-shoe-fans belittling the opposite side and calling them pervs or what not either. I think they look ridiculous, you're free to have a different opinion.

THX you say it better than me.

http://m.mentalfloss.com/article.php?id=48672

some sources say heels originated from horse combat.

You make a point,high heels for men too xD

Posted (edited)

It's not a matter of having everything I want in the game.  My point is that often times I've played games that don't have the things I want in the game, yet I play with what I have. This topic is the equivalent of me playing a male character and complaining about why I should be forced to wear macho male armor when what I would like to wear is, I don't know, nike shoes baggy pants and a beanie cap.  It is what it is.  The female armor in the game is pretty much consistent with the norm and image of the average female costume or armor in any form of RL entertainment.  To complain about a female super hero wearing high heels in an MMORPG is, I don't know, just silly. 

And with that I will make my exit from this thread.  I think I've made my point. 

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted (edited)

Regardless I think this topic seems to have left it's original purpose.

Noone is attacking (or should be attacking) the existence of high heels. Some people just prefer flats. Personally I think they're cuter and would like to see them on my character rather than heels. If you like heels you are more than welcome to use them as well. I like mmos and came to black desert because the character designer actually. I like being able to express myself through my character, and part of that involves their looks. 

People are just suggesting we also get some costumes with alternate shoes.

Edited by fwufs
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It's not a matter of having everything I want in the game.  My point is that often times I've played games that don't have the things I want in the game, yet I play with what I have. This topic is the equivalent of me playing a male character and complaining about why I should be forced to wear macho male armor when what I would like to wear is, I don't know, nike shoes baggy pants and a beanie cap.  It is what it is.  The female armor in the game is pretty much consistent with the norm and image of the average female costume or armor in any form of RL entertainment.  To complain about a female super hero wearing high heels in an MMORPG is, I don't know, just silly.  

I don't really understand, what do you call "Macho male armor" ?

What does it have to do with gender, masculinity or feminity ?

An armor doesn't give a shit about your gender. Its only concern is to do what it was made for : saving your life.

sacre.jpg

samurai.jpg

61299858.jpg

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

It doesn't bother me anymore if footwear and armors aren't realistic. I think there's a lot of unrealism in video games before we ever get to fashion.

However, I found this video very interesting and informative.

Women in Armour - What Did Their Armours Look Like?

Posted (edited)

It doesn't bother me anymore if footwear and armors aren't realistic. I think there's a lot of unrealism in video games before we ever get to fashion.

However, I found this video very interesting and informative.

Women in Armour - What Did Their Armours Look Like?

Everybody don t look at the same things in videos games.

i prefer a world with magic/fantasy but with some consistencies in an mmoRolePlayingGame instead of a world with a bunch a everything without any logic.So i'm with you about "before we ever get to fashion".

The detail that lead me crazy lol is the fact that all mmorpg from korea are all the same copy,TERA is high heels and strings,revelation online all skin with high heels,blade and soul....do korean girls needs to wear high heels more often????xDxDxD

Brings some originality >:(:P

Edited by Angryman

Posted

<3 the high heels.  Want more!

Posted

<3 the high heels.  Want more!

you can't have more....maybe on giant/wizard and warrior shortly lulz

Posted

you can't have more....maybe on giant/wizard and warrior shortly lulz

strappy stilettos I hope

Posted

You probably mean "realism" instead of "realistic" but I Agree with you. It would be good if we have more coherence in the game like no heels/boob armor for plate costume :S

No, saying "no heels/boob armor" is not the answer.  You don't take something away from others because you don't like it, you just ask for more options for your tastes as well.  The game just needs options for those who dislike it and for those of us who want to change our look every 15 minutes.

Posted

Keep the heels coming!

1 person likes this

Posted

Talking about "options"  kinda out of topic but...

Please more Hairstyles. (editable if possible)

2 people like this

Posted

These topics with a bunch of men playing female avi's and dictating to women what we should wear, just so you can feel better about playing a female character, get soooo annoying.  Guess what?  If it's such a problem for you to wear, or be seen if front of your macho buddies, wearing dresses and high heels, DON'T PLAY A FEMALE CHARACTER!!

The issue here is not high heels.  It's men.  Don't blame it on high heels.  High heels are just shoes.  They just happen to be shoes for women.  If anything, you men should be blaming the character creation that, for whatever, reason doesn't let you play your character as a male so that you can identify better with what you are.  And if its not because of gender locked classes then you only have yourself to blame for playing a female character which is foreign for you to do to begin with.

And yes, no doubt, we will get the customary feminist chiming in saying they don't like it either because it objectifies us blah blah blah.  I don't know about you, but I don't know any female in 2016 who is being forced to wear heels.  We wear them because we like them and, and unlike for men (or feminists), we don't see anything weird about them because we grow up wearing heels and it's natural for us to wear them.  

Again, no one is forcing you to play a female.  You are a man.  Mind your business, play a male because that is what you are, and stop dictating what females should or should not be wearing.

sooooooooo annoying!!!!!!

43051169c7a7b8517db99fba709b618506ced2b1

And with that I will make my exit from this thread.  I think I've made my point. 

Quick in, did your thing, quick out.

I'm trying to think of something different than the obvious penis joke but its getting a little late.

1 person likes this

Posted

what about the lack of smexy costumes for males? except for one, anything else is omgcrap it's another winter coat. too dressed up!

Posted

I just stopped by to say "I need more heels"

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

So they don't add certain elements and mechanics because they mentioned that they wanted to maintain the game in an medieval type of era but high hills and pretty fashion with cute tails on characters is all ok? Damn, I guess medieval times where more advanced than what we actually thought. 

what about the lack of smexy costumes for males? except for one, anything else is omgcrap it's another winter coat. too dressed up!

No body has it worst than Wizards. Lack of costumes the majority of the patches and nothing but horrible rags to ware whenever there is. Horrible looking costumes because for some reason in Kakaos mind, every wizard = Gandalf. Pretty shitty looking class if you ask me. Cant wait for the new young wizards, hope they change the horrible wardrobe too.

Edited by Slasher

Posted

Posted

Why?do the korean love girl with heavy weapons fighting with high heels?

Just it's not even a bit realistic,

I ve a hard time to just find no high heels skin,wtf men,are you monomaniak?xD

why do you look at your characters feet so much?

Idk bout you but all my males and females are sexy :P

Posted

why do you look at your characters feet so much?

Idk bout you but all my males and females are sexy :P

why not?:ph34r:

Posted

no, no, more high heels pls ;p