• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Witch or Wizard after awakening?

69 posts in this topic

Posted

I was searching for information as to which one (Witch or Wizard) will be more worth it to play after awakening but couldn't really find any good information. Initially I went for Witch because honestly who wants to play as an old fart but if the awakening makes it more worth to play I wouldn't mind leveling a Wizard, especially since they will get a new younger face+body option so I could endure a couple of months as an old fart until then. I would very much appreciate any info regarding this, thank you!

Posted

Wizard, just because he becomes a Korean model. 

2 people like this

Posted

Wizards rule!

Posted

Wizard, just because he becomes a Korean model. 

to be fair, the witch becomes a victoria's secret angel

9 people like this

Posted

Okay I guess I shouldn't have asked :ph34r:

Posted

I like the mobility of both of the classes for awakening, and it really depends on the elements you like. 

Posted

I like the mobility of both of the classes for awakening, and it really depends on the elements you like. 

So neither is stronger in any aspect just different elements?

Posted

So neither is stronger in any aspect just different elements?

I can't say for sure, but the wizard will be able to use golems (fire and water ones). It looks really cool and fun to play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odnT4xvu7qQ  

Posted

We get a -----ing grab.

1 person likes this

Posted

Witch and wizard are both equal in terms of damage.  The skills all do the same damage for the most part but one is fire and water the other lightening and earth.

The big difference is that wizard is more frontal AOE based and has a grab.

Witch is more 360 damage with a block.

Also the witch's poison pool draws enemies in whereas the lava pool does not.

Personally I think witch is better for pve grind, and moments where a block is really a game changer.  I have seen awakened wizards duel alot and they rarely get the grab off.  Especially against other grab classes.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Witch and wizard are both equal in terms of damage.  The skills all do the same damage for the most part but one is fire and water the other lightening and earth.

The big difference is that wizard is more frontal AOE based and has a grab.

Witch is more 360 damage with a block.

Also the witch's poison pool draws enemies in whereas the lava pool does not.

Personally I think witch is better for pve grind, and moments where a block is really a game changer.  I have seen awakened wizards duel alot and they rarely get the grab off.  Especially against other grab classes.

Old fart it is then I guess, thanks. It could be worse, for example if wizards looked like female giants...now that would be something else. At least now I can tell my opponents who I defeat that they cannot even handle an old fart like me. B|

Edited by puddle

Posted

Old fart it is then I guess, thanks. It could be worse, for example if wizards looked like female giants...now that would be something else. At least now I can tell my opponents who I defeat that they cannot even handle an old fart like me. B|

But you will be young with awakening.  Anti aging cream comes standard

Posted

Wizard will be significantly stronger than witches.

Posted

Wizard will be significantly stronger than witches.

Shouldn't state an opinion as fact :)

Posted

Shouldn't state an opinion as fact :)

it's a fact. Even PA admitted this and significantly buffed witch's awakening to try to fix this. wizard is still stronger but it's less distorted now. A lot of Korean Witches were very upset with this too.

Posted

We lose gandalf... thats great as always.

Posted

it's a fact. Even PA admitted this and significantly buffed witch's awakening to try to fix this. wizard is still stronger but it's less distorted now. A lot of Korean Witches were very upset with this too.

hmmm from what I have seen they look fairly even.  Guess we will have to see ourselves instead of relying on videos.

Posted

hmmm from what I have seen they look fairly even.  Guess we will have to see ourselves instead of relying on videos.

regardless, they are both very strong top tier awakenings, 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

but don't expect any of them to be a true challenge vs. a good war,ranger or sorc; equal geared/equal skilled..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKsW8Cm1go8

Edited by Lemonz

Posted (edited)

that doesn't look like equal skilled+equal geared ;):P 

;)

Thing is you cant really judge the video you have no idea how many times the witch int's him or anything.  But I bet you anything that warrior is geared.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

From what ppl said witch will be more ranged aoe and wizard more close/melee .

Posted

he engages a frontal shield with sprint instead of jumpSpin: jumpspin breaks SA and fron Shield, so its the obvious engagement skill vs. a witch.

he also doesn't use block in between the skills to avoid getting CC'ed and bursted.

he also doesnt disengage, and he misses a LOT of his chasing, even though there is no dodge or tele to prevent the hit (something you see a good war maybe miss 1 in every 10-15th time they do it.).

he doesn't utilize any long CC combo's, or combo into CC after kd.

etcetc.

in short the war kind of sucks. both properly got high gear, but even when the war sucks i expect that the witch has vastly higher AP+DP (mostly on AP, since he does 80% of the wars HP in dmg in ONE skill, which should be closer to 30-40% tops).

but i am sure a Good witch will beat an average/bad war. but good vs. good equal AP+DP, i doubt the witch will stand much chance of ever winning, at best the witch can hope for a draw (when the war is low enough on HP and sprints off into the sunset to regen hp :P )

edit: lastly the war goes EZ which is generally a good sign of an bad player used to being gear carried.

I guess against a good warrior Wizard would be more viable then, IF the grapple lands 

1 person likes this

Posted

Are you kiddng? This is our time! Wizards finally get to be young and summon killer whirlpools out of thin air.

Witch is a dirty tramp with long spell casts and nothing particularly cool. I'm also mad at them for getting lightning because water/lightning would've been amazing and I love lightning spells.

Don't care though because young wizards! I've been waiting since the game launched for this.

Posted (edited)

Just from the video,

The witch has way more buff bars then the warrior who isn't even using alchemy stones it looks like.

A warrior that can't even clean 1 combo a witch is definitely not giving it his all, probably casual duel vs try hard...for video purposes.

Againist a mage you can't one shot, and then letting them teleport away to heal, you don't need a video to see the bias.

In any event there's no bad awakenings, just some that are slightly overtuned.

FYI, if you look at the health bars the witch is potting and the warrior is not...very try hard infront of the camera here.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Witch because high heels.