• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Awakened Weapon Mana Management in PvE?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I am currently wondering how I can best manage mana consumption with the Kamasylven Sword. Although it's definitely an improvement in my cleartime during my rotation at Pirates, it's poising a problem when I inevietably have to recharge in MP potions. It seems like all the other classes received some farming sustain with their awakening, but with Ranger, I feel like I'm more mana dependent than ever before.

I know there's Guardian that can regen +500 mana and give out a juicy no mana consumption for 10 seconds buff, but it's normally in a 2 minute cooldown so I only activate it whenever it's off cooldown. It also feels like both my extraction crystal and Spirit Healing don't have an effect when using my awakening weapon which I believe is intended. I do try to Q-cancel to bring my sustain into line especially right before hitting a group of mobs with WotW, but the usual W+F, left click, and right click kills my mana bar along with the mobs.

Right now, I feel heavily reliant on upgrading my weight capacity as high as possible in order to bring as much MP potions as possible in order to chug them as fast as possible. Usually, I try to bring 100 HP XL potions and 200 MP XL potions when I try to grind for roughly an hour. Is the current best solution just to bring a ton of MP potions, get more AP to kill mobs faster, and accept this mana dependency?

Posted (edited)

Just group mobs and Q cancel then switch to awakening and kill and repeat. Leveling up Kamasylven Sword is good for mana regen but depends if you have enough points for other skills further in the future. You have to get used to switching to normal form as it's essential when comboing your S+F into spacebar which will make you switch to normal form and shotgun the person to death. I rather waste MP pots during PvP not PvE since your just grinding.

Edited by Darknessxfazer

Posted

Run double extraction on weapon

Put mp / hit on f with awk skill

use q every 7 (with awk) when you start a pack of mob 

But the gems are bad for pvp

Posted

I bring 30XL and 700L mana pots with me when I farm fogans.

Posted

use maids to refill with pots you can farm forever

Posted

Put mp / hit on f with awk skill

I am interested into this, as my pve-rotation is still suffering from mana consumption (lvl 54 here).

I currently see three abilities you can awake with mp regen add-on:

1. Blasting Gust: instantly recover 3 MP/WP/SP per hit

2. Razor Wind: instantly recover 3 MP/WP/SP per hit

3. Moving Shot: instantly recover 10 MP/WP/SP per hit

I would pick no.1 as Q is my MP regen option at the moment...

Posted

I am interested into this, as my pve-rotation is still suffering from mana consumption (lvl 54 here).

I currently see three abilities you can awake with mp regen add-on:

1. Blasting Gust: instantly recover 3 MP/WP/SP per hit

2. Razor Wind: instantly recover 3 MP/WP/SP per hit

3. Moving Shot: instantly recover 10 MP/WP/SP per hit

I would pick no.1 as Q is my MP regen option at the moment...

Well i was talking about the awkening, for the pre awk just run double extraction gem and spam will of the wind

Posted

I have 1 extraction gem, MP regen on Waltz and sword training 5.   Sword training regens a lot of MP, I don't even bother to take MP pots out to Crescents for grind (I do take a few to have on hand in case of PvP encounters).  Though, I am out there solo a lot, so maybe that affords me the opportunity to be able to use it on group of mobs moreso than in a party?

Posted

I'm currently farming at sausans no pots on me . Lvl 57 200dp .

I use a crystal for hp regen and one for mana regen . Works best if i manage my mana proprelly . 

Also a good mana regen skill on bow is pinpoint maxed . When there are 2 or more monsters one on another you regen your whole mana in 1-2 shots , the more they are stacked one on another the more mana you regen .

Posted

this is how I powergrinded to level 60

-2 extraction gems

-q-cancel to the next pack of mobs

-use guardian buff on the biggest group of mobs

I used almost no mana pots going from 59.28 to 60 at pirates

Posted

I hope you guys mention your ap/dp when you are talking about tactics, since it matters most. 125/125 ap/dp Ranger wont do what 200/200 AP/DP ranger can do. 

Posted

I just found out that the basic attacks of your awakening regen allot of mana if you level it. Try it out after using ur breezy blade etc just put in 1/2 auto attacks. Its around 27/mana per hit for me, where it hits 2/3x per auto.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0