• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Enchantng not working as intended

45 posts in this topic

Posted

I intended to get this stupid Needle Trinket back to TRI fairly easy after a failed TET but i am now at 27th try.

This is 3rd time something like this happens to me after a failed TET and I am convinced that there is a broken code somewhere please fix.

KK TY.

Posted

9sxHPBx.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

It's a -----ed up RNG system designed to drive you crazy and/or break out your wallet for the Artisan Memory.

Just wait until they introduce Valk's Advice and Valk's Cry (already in KR), which are essentially failstacks bought from the cash shop.

Posted

It's a -----ed up RNG system designed to drive you crazy and/or break out your wallet for the Artisan Memory.

Just wait until they introduce Valk's Advice and Valk's Cry (already in KR), which are essentially failstacks bought from the cash shop.

maybe we take Thomas Gore's Cry and enchant our gear with it.

I intended to get this stupid Needle Trinket back to TRI fairly easy after a failed TET but i am now at 27th try.

This is 3rd time something like this happens to me after a failed TET and I am convinced that there is a broken code somewhere please fix.

KK TY.

git gud

Posted

maybe we take Thomas Gore's Cry and enchant our gear with it.

git gud

"Git gud" as in "grind more". No thanks. I've got a life.

1 person likes this

Posted

Pretty sure its not just the RNG, there is a system in place which makes items easier to enchant in some situations. Like if you go negative karma and delevel an item it becomes easier to level it back up (often goes back to +15 with 0-5 stacks). So It is possible that deleveling via failed upgrades may have some impact on item's variables that bugs out.

Posted

Pretty sure its not just the RNG, there is a system in place which makes items easier to enchant in some situations. Like if you go negative karma and delevel an item it becomes easier to level it back up (often goes back to +15 with 0-5 stacks). So It is possible that deleveling via failed upgrades may have some impact on item's variables that bugs out.

Could be. We don't have enough collected data to know for sure.

The RNG element is still there and it's heavier than it should be. Failstacks should eventually take the upgrade chance to 100%, not stop at some stupidly low 20% or less.

1 person likes this

Posted

#rng #RNG #R N G

Posted

"Git gud" as in "grind more". No thanks. I've got a life.

...and here we have the issue. Someone playing a game focused on grind and rng doesn't like grind and rng.

1 person likes this

Posted

...and here we have the issue. Someone playing a game focused on grind and rng doesn't like grind and rng.

Well Kakao has already made some changes (compared to KR) to lessen the grind and RNG in our version. It's not a vain hope to ask for more consistency and less RNG.

Most western adult players have jobs, families and other hobbies too. They are not willing to spend 8+ hours per day playing a videogame.

Kakao still would like to keep these players. Guess why? :)

Posted

Sure, but at the core BDO is a game about Grind, PvP and RNG. That's actually why I like it so much. RNG gets a nasty name when it goes bad, but people dismiss the fact that heavy RNG is one of the few ways to actually create a world that isn't wholly predictable nor lacking in activity. More predictable and more consistent RNG would just create a game where 98% of the content isn't worth it because there become fewer and fewer "lucrative" paths compared to where RNG can fluctuate one's experience.

Like it or not, BDO is the kind of game where if you want to play seriously (and there's nothing wrong with playing more casually) you have to do things like play 8+ hours a day or create a network of workers who can get you progress while you're away at work or whatever. So you have to turn everything around, too. If enchanting/drops/whatever were more consistent and had better chances of success... that'll mean more people in crazy top gear one-shoting you.

What is failed to be seen often in these discussions is that the heavy RNG and low success helps protect mid-core and casual players way more than it harms them. When top-tier gear is gated behind such brutal RNG with a chance to devolve, it keeps a check on how powerful those 8+ hour a day people can get. Playing 8 hours a day doesn't protect you from blowing up your earrings on a PEN attempt or losing your TRI Kzarka down to DUO.

Hell, I have a friendly progression competition with a guildie (we're grind partners often due to similar schedules) and he was thrilled (in a friendly way) to hear I blew up my Blade and made a hugely expensive screwup the other week because I got momentarily careless. That set me back quite a bit.

The RNG helps casual players more than it harms them if you look at the whole context and not just at the individual, momentary and ego-centric "I didn't get what I wanted". Making enchanting "better" for less hardcore players makes it insanely easy for that pinnacle hardcore group to be in full TET.

And to be frank, if you can't play multiple hours a day you should be looking at afk sources of income and just saving for whatever you want. I'd rather, myself, buy a TRI mainhand that takes me a good while to save for than to put myself through the hell that is going above DUO.

4 people like this

Posted

Well Kakao has already made some changes (compared to KR) to lessen the grind and RNG in our version. It's not a vain hope to ask for more consistency and less RNG.

Most western adult players have jobs, families and other hobbies too. They are not willing to spend 8+ hours per day playing a videogame.

Kakao still would like to keep these players. Guess why? :)

yea i hope they change it back to exp lose, that we can get rid of this family ppl who are not even hitting as hard as a mob.

Posted

Could be. We don't have enough collected data to know for sure.

The RNG element is still there and it's heavier than it should be. Failstacks should eventually take the upgrade chance to 100%, not stop at some stupidly low 20% or less.

This. so much this. if at say 100 stacks you got 100% chance to TRI,
150 for TET

250 for PEN

people would have something to work for... but this way its just crazy

Posted

A 100% chance at that level is insane and would lead to everyone with time and money being in full TET easily.

Making enchanting easier for less hardcore players makes it a joke for the hardcore. While less-hardcore players progress slower, the top-level progression is leagues and leagues even slower than that. You speed it up and you'll never get a grind spot again because those who still have 8+ hours will just be even more powerful.

This. so much this. if at say 100 stacks you got 100% chance to TRI,150 for TET
250 for PEN

Posted

A 100% chance at that level is insane and would lead to everyone with time and money being in full TET easily.

Making enchanting easier for less hardcore players makes it a joke for the hardcore. While less-hardcore players progress slower, the top-level progression is leagues and leagues even slower than that. You speed it up and you'll never get a grind spot again because those who still have 8+ hours will just be even more powerful.

And having everyone (in the very far future, IF no new gear tiers were ever introduced, which we all know will not be the case) on the same level of gear would be so utterly bad, because...?

Posted

And having everyone (in the very far future, IF no new gear tiers were ever introduced, which we all know will not be the case) on the same level of gear would be so utterly bad, because...?

Because then there exists no progression. The loss of progression and the need to regain is what maintains a certain balance. Especially since once you have gear, aside from blowing it up you can't lose it. I'd be down with making the enhancement easier and more consistently positive IF there were a mechanic to also place limits on said gear. In every FFA, full-loot sandbox you end up with players in, usually, cheaper middling gear most of the time due to the high rate of gear loss. In BDO we don't have that and I like that. If you get gear it never blows up due to death but only due to trying to make it better.

The logical progression there would be to just eliminate levels and CP and SP and everything progression related entirely. Then everyone would be on the same level. And then the game would be insanely boring. This is a grindbox.

Look, I get it. You covet your neighbor's gear. You get upset when RNG goes someone else's way and you likely feel like RNG never goes your own way. Fine. What would make this a bad idea is that it would even further disrupt the game for those who were trying to progress as every player with more than a month in game would be decked out in full PEN+. That's boring as all hell.

Gear blowing up and very low RNG success rates for high-level enhancement allow for there to be a rather decent median of endgame gear at 50+ (I'd guess around DUO or so) while also allowing there to be more difficult and even higher level content available for others. As the game progresses we'll see the same cycle: New areas will up progression for A-level players and the old "hard" areas will become the new B-level spots.

Frankly, getting your gear to DUO is super easy and for the majority of what people do in the 50-58ish range that is more than enough.

And for the record, I'm not some full boss TET player at all. My average currently is somewhere between PRI and DUO and I have no issue holding spots at Sausans unless someone is super geared (which doesn't happen often aside from gank lulz).

1 person likes this

Posted

Like if you go negative karma and delevel an item it becomes easier to level it back up (often goes back to +15 with 0-5 stacks).

tell that to the reblath set i have that has gone from 15-14 so many times i lose count, and is generally good for 12-15 stacks 

1 person likes this

Posted

KK TY.

right there with you.  failed to tet my dandelion, took 40+ attempts at duo and 6 tri fails before it went back tri

Posted

Because then there exists no progression. The loss of progression and the need to regain is what maintains a certain balance. Especially since once you have gear, aside from blowing it up you can't lose it. I'd be down with making the enhancement easier and more consistently positive IF there were a mechanic to also place limits on said gear. In every FFA, full-loot sandbox you end up with players in, usually, cheaper middling gear most of the time due to the high rate of gear loss. In BDO we don't have that and I like that. If you get gear it never blows up due to death but only due to trying to make it better.

The logical progression there would be to just eliminate levels and CP and SP and everything progression related entirely. Then everyone would be on the same level. And then the game would be insanely boring. This is a grindbox.

Look, I get it. You covet your neighbor's gear. You get upset when RNG goes someone else's way and you likely feel like RNG never goes your own way. Fine. What would make this a bad idea is that it would even further disrupt the game for those who were trying to progress as every player with more than a month in game would be decked out in full PEN+. That's boring as all hell.

Gear blowing up and very low RNG success rates for high-level enhancement allow for there to be a rather decent median of endgame gear at 50+ (I'd guess around DUO or so) while also allowing there to be more difficult and even higher level content available for others. As the game progresses we'll see the same cycle: New areas will up progression for A-level players and the old "hard" areas will become the new B-level spots.

Frankly, getting your gear to DUO is super easy and for the majority of what people do in the 50-58ish range that is more than enough.

And for the record, I'm not some full boss TET player at all. My average currently is somewhere between PRI and DUO and I have no issue holding spots at Sausans unless someone is super geared (which doesn't happen often aside from gank lulz).

There are other forms of progression than the measure of how long can you endure the mind-numbing grind and how lucky you get with enchants. Just saying... :)

Posted

i think they must have lowered enchant success rate honestly i've been having WAY more issues getting enchants than normal.

so far i've built up 35, 26, 25, 20, 20 20 failstacks (on alts) just to see. using reblath +14 boots.

Posted

There are other forms of progression than the measure of how long can you endure the mind-numbing grind and how lucky you get with enchants. Just saying... :)

Well, then a grindbox with high RNG may not be the best choice for your playtime. In all honesty.

But even so, what you suggest is akin to saying that in Monopoly you hate that you roll dice for movement, and instead decide you'll just choose what space you land on. Do you understand how awful that would be?

And I'm curious what other progression there is? Life Skills? sure. But lifeskillers barely even need gear.

Posted (edited)

Now I have the Planar Inhibitor from White Gold Tower in ESO asking "How much can you endure?" in my head.

Thanks!

Edited by AlnilamE
spelling

Posted

You are doing it wrong. You have not started the ritual before enchanting.

0uEdUgQ.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I've heard from a reputable source that the best chance to enhance comes at 2:33am on Tuesday mornings. But that's only if you're in Nebraska and are wearing a two-person donkey costume while singing "Beat It!" backwards.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0