• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Enchantng not working as intended

45 posts in this topic

Posted

And I'm curious what other progression there is? Life Skills? sure. But lifeskillers barely even need gear.

In BDO, nothing much. In other MMO's plenty. The devs have just taken the lazy way out by introducing a stupidly long and arduous grind to avoid having to create more actual content to the game.

You could of course say PvP is the main attraction of BDO and sure, it probably is. Unfortunately that too is rendered unplayable for 80%+ of the playerbase who can't be arsed to grind for competitive gear.

But yeah, I'm not actually expecting the game to change much from the grind. Fortunately every player can choose not to do it if they just give up the notion of being competitive in PvP. Everything else can be done with much less time invested.

Posted

I've heard from a reputable source that the best chance to enhance comes at 2:33am on Tuesday mornings. But that's only if you're in Nebraska and are wearing a two-person donkey costume while singing "Beat It!" backwards.

But the trick is finding which time zone the 2:33am is in, because RNGesus changes the time zone randomly each day. He commands the time zones like the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't even TRI a blue awakening weapon! Got 51 and 55 failstacks... and no more silvers. ----- this!

Posted

Sure, but at the core BDO is a game about Grind, PvP and RNG. That's actually why I like it so much. RNG gets a nasty name when it goes bad, but people dismiss the fact that heavy RNG is one of the few ways to actually create a world that isn't wholly predictable nor lacking in activity. More predictable and more consistent RNG would just create a game where 98% of the content isn't worth it because there become fewer and fewer "lucrative" paths compared to where RNG can fluctuate one's experience.

Like it or not, BDO is the kind of game where if you want to play seriously (and there's nothing wrong with playing more casually) you have to do things like play 8+ hours a day or create a network of workers who can get you progress while you're away at work or whatever. So you have to turn everything around, too. If enchanting/drops/whatever were more consistent and had better chances of success... that'll mean more people in crazy top gear one-shoting you.

What is failed to be seen often in these discussions is that the heavy RNG and low success helps protect mid-core and casual players way more than it harms them. When top-tier gear is gated behind such brutal RNG with a chance to devolve, it keeps a check on how powerful those 8+ hour a day people can get. Playing 8 hours a day doesn't protect you from blowing up your earrings on a PEN attempt or losing your TRI Kzarka down to DUO.

Hell, I have a friendly progression competition with a guildie (we're grind partners often due to similar schedules) and he was thrilled (in a friendly way) to hear I blew up my Blade and made a hugely expensive screwup the other week because I got momentarily careless. That set me back quite a bit.

The RNG helps casual players more than it harms them if you look at the whole context and not just at the individual, momentary and ego-centric "I didn't get what I wanted". Making enchanting "better" for less hardcore players makes it insanely easy for that pinnacle hardcore group to be in full TET.

And to be frank, if you can't play multiple hours a day you should be looking at afk sources of income and just saving for whatever you want. I'd rather, myself, buy a TRI mainhand that takes me a good while to save for than to put myself through the hell that is going above DUO.

This is mostly correct, but there are some issues with it.  For example if your trying to fight a player with top equipment you will need pretty strong equipment to stand any chance.  The rng can make it nearly impossible to compete.  The true part is you don't want players owning TET/PEN Ogre rings who instantly kill everyone.

Having full TRI or a few TET won't fix the issue above you will need everything.

It's also like leveling at the top end.  It diminishes so badly that progress takes months/years for any changes and is simply to slow.  It can be worse with TET/PEN because  your PEN fail could potentially result back to DUO/TRI.  It may not be a few 8 hour grinds either.  It can be 1,000's of hours with no guarantee.  It's similar to leveling past 60, it will take soon take 1,000's of hours and yield basically nothing.

It doesn't need to be that way.  They could add system to give exp to equipment, a paragon system, or other enhancements to help give benefits to the end game.

The main part I agree with that others often don't get is the long term purpose of the system (aside from the cash grab).  The benefit of the system is that you will have something to work towards even after years of grinding every day.  It should be impossible for any player to obtain the "perfect gear" especially with top accessories.  

Posted

There are other forms of progression than the measure of how long can you endure the mind-numbing grind and how lucky you get with enchants. Just saying... :)

If everyone had relatively similarly high level gear, then maybe PvP and Node wars would be meaningful....

Posted

In BDO, nothing much. In other MMO's plenty. The devs have just taken the lazy way out by introducing a stupidly long and arduous grind to avoid having to create more actual content to the game.

You could of course say PvP is the main attraction of BDO and sure, it probably is. Unfortunately that too is rendered unplayable for 80%+ of the playerbase who can't be arsed to grind for competitive gear.

But yeah, I'm not actually expecting the game to change much from the grind. Fortunately every player can choose not to do it if they just give up the notion of being competitive in PvP. Everything else can be done with much less time invested.

Alright, so I'm 100% firm that BDO just isn't the right game for you. Because there we go... the ever illusive but easy to demand for "more content". You show me a single MMO that can produce content at anywhere even close to the rate with which players go through it like kleenex and that's the game, hands down, I want to play.

Because you're setting yourself up for disappointment. If your mentality is so deeply negative and pessimistic, I mean... why are you even here? I mean, shit, you're on the forums for a clear PvP grindbox complaining about grinding and PvP. It's like ordering vanilla ice cream even though you know you dislike vanilla ice cream and then getting pissed at the server who brought you the very vanilla ice cream you ordered.

1 person likes this

Posted

Alright, so I'm 100% firm that BDO just isn't the right game for you. Because there we go... the ever illusive but easy to demand for "more content". You show me a single MMO that can produce content at anywhere even close to the rate with which players go through it like kleenex and that's the game, hands down, I want to play.

Because you're setting yourself up for disappointment. If your mentality is so deeply negative and pessimistic, I mean... why are you even here? I mean, shit, you're on the forums for a clear PvP grindbox complaining about grinding and PvP. It's like ordering vanilla ice cream even though you know you dislike vanilla ice cream and then getting pissed at the server who brought you the very vanilla ice cream you ordered.

I'm not certain these issues exist in some of the other games such as Blade and Soul.  In a few games you need to farm instances/bosses and in some cases collect multiple parts, but that still very different than going backwards on equipment.

Grinding/Hardcore should not be confused with the de-progression process.  BDO has taken some extra steps that are a bit cheesy.  Imagine if every level past 55 you had a chance to delevel instead of leveling, and every time you had to redo the entire level to try again.  That wouldn't be "hardcore" grinding it would simply be a faulty system.

Posted

If everyone had relatively similarly high level gear, then maybe PvP and Node wars would be meaningful....

And that could be achieved by having the caps at some reasonably reachable level. But the grinders here claim it would become boring. Frankly, I don't think anything that's as boring as fighting PvP where the other party has absolutely no chance because of the gear difference.

You have a quite narrow view when it comes to content. Content can come in so many other forms other that chew-once-spit-out themepark content. UO had almost no themepark content (pre-AoS anyway) yet it kept people playing for years, because with the sandbox tools provided people could create their own content.

BDO for example could have a much more meaningful and vibrant PvP scene if more people could participate (with lower gear caps) and they wouldn't have to spend all their time and energy trying to stay competitive in the gear and leveling treadmill. I actually like PvP, but I'll probably never participate in it outside of pre-arranged gear-equalized arenas since I am not willing to ditch my real life in lieu of a videogame. I would wager that more than 70% of the playerbase is in the same boat as I am, and thus the PvP in BDO remains an activity of a select few willing to put unhealthy amount of time into the game.

The devs could also create tons of new activities like unarmed brawling, treasure hunting, bounty hunting, more roleplaying tools, etc. They could elevate crafting to a whole new level if they so wanted.

Unfortunately, (almost) everything you do in BDO is aimed to make you more money to progress on the neverending gear treadmill. And to see such a beautifully crafted world and a thrillingly fun combat system funneled to a singular purpose is saddening. There's much more potential, but the devs have instead reduced the playerbase into hampsters.

1 person likes this

Posted

Misleading Title.  Enchanting is work exactly as intended.  What is the problem?

Title should have been:  "I don't like this game's progression or PVP".  Good for you.  Move on forum warrior, move on.

1 person likes this

Posted

There is nothing good to say about the RNG system this game puts in play.  All the reasons people use to defend it are ridiculous.  A system we're million of silver and weeks working in rare items outcome is determined by a random roll of the dice is horrible.  I don't care how you spin it.  I am better then you because I got lucky, is something no one strives for in life.

this game is good and would have double the population if it had a more  fair progression system 

Posted

I can't even TRI a blue awakening weapon! Got 51 and 55 failstacks... and no more silvers. ----- this!

That's a good thing.

If you can get above 45 fail stacks on an item which doesn't use memory fragments, you've technically made a HUGE profit. Don't stack any further on those!

Get another character up to 35 stacks and start going for TRI again. Save those stacks for a TET Dandelion. If you're feeling risky, fail one more time on the 51 stack. If it fails, don't touch that stack anymore. Leave them both for future upgrades and you will be so glad.

TRI sucks on your weapons, I know, because you want to use it but don't be hasty, turn your bad luck into a worthwhile investment.

Posted

I actually like PvP, but I'll probably never participate in it outside of pre-arranged gear-equalized arenas since I am not willing to ditch my real life in lieu of a videogame. I would wager that more than 70% of the playerbase is in the same boat as I am, and thus the PvP in BDO remains an activity of a select few willing to put unhealthy amount of time into the game.

You have a really high opinion of yourself. There are legions of games designed to place you on a level playing field for short matches which can be fit between the oh so important "real life" concerns you have. You come here playing a game that requires long-burn, hardcore investment (like MMORPGs do, ya'know) and your whole things is that you'd like the game if it were pretty much the opposite of what it is. You'd prefer it wasn't a grindbox, nor have heavy RNG and you dislike PvP. Seriously. Those are the three pillars upon which this game is built.

I don't see how you even care anymore. You clearly and objectively dislike the core systems in the game. And I'll say it again: If you don't like grinding forever, nor heavy RNG, nor PvP then why are you playing this game? I don't usually do things for fun that I dislike.

Posted

I intended to get this stupid Needle Trinket back to TRI fairly easy after a failed TET but i am now at 27th try.

This is 3rd time something like this happens to me after a failed TET and I am convinced that there is a broken code somewhere please fix.

KK TY.

I'm certain there's some bullshit pseudorandom coding that punishes you for attempting TET so you're more willing to buy artisan's memory. Just look at all the things they gimped deliberately so you can purchase more """convenient""" cash shop items. Not to mention how painfully slow scrolls are for memory fragments, yet another poor game design choice to increase their profits. And to top it off you have useful idiots/whales shouting, "IT'S JUST RNG, BRO."

Posted

27 tries and cannot get back to tri?...might as well buy cron stones. The number of cron stones for attempting a tet kazark is half the price of a tri kazark. I don't know what the status is for awakened weapons.

Posted

There is more than one way to play this game. People will find different aspects fun. People will consider the price of participating in said aspects and decide if the fun is worth it and govern themselves accordingly.

Posted

That's a good thing.

If you can get above 45 fail stacks on an item which doesn't use memory fragments, you've technically made a HUGE profit. Don't stack any further on those!

Get another character up to 35 stacks and start going for TRI again. Save those stacks for a TET Dandelion. If you're feeling risky, fail one more time on the 51 stack. If it fails, don't touch that stack anymore. Leave them both for future upgrades and you will be so glad.

TRI sucks on your weapons, I know, because you want to use it but don't be hasty, turn your bad luck into a worthwhile investment.

You are right.

Posted

Ill raise you to 60 stacks of failed TRI attempts.

Meanwhile some ----- gets it at 30.

Posted

And that could be achieved by having the caps at some reasonably reachable level. But the grinders here claim it would become boring. Frankly, I don't think anything that's as boring as fighting PvP where the other party has absolutely no chance because of the gear difference.

You have a quite narrow view when it comes to content. Content can come in so many other forms other that chew-once-spit-out themepark content. UO had almost no themepark content (pre-AoS anyway) yet it kept people playing for years, because with the sandbox tools provided people could create their own content.

BDO for example could have a much more meaningful and vibrant PvP scene if more people could participate (with lower gear caps) and they wouldn't have to spend all their time and energy trying to stay competitive in the gear and leveling treadmill. I actually like PvP, but I'll probably never participate in it outside of pre-arranged gear-equalized arenas since I am not willing to ditch my real life in lieu of a videogame. I would wager that more than 70% of the playerbase is in the same boat as I am, and thus the PvP in BDO remains an activity of a select few willing to put unhealthy amount of time into the game.

The devs could also create tons of new activities like unarmed brawling, treasure hunting, bounty hunting, more roleplaying tools, etc. They could elevate crafting to a whole new level if they so wanted.

Unfortunately, (almost) everything you do in BDO is aimed to make you more money to progress on the neverending gear treadmill. And to see such a beautifully crafted world and a thrillingly fun combat system funneled to a singular purpose is saddening. There's much more potential, but the devs have instead reduced the playerbase into hampsters.

The players would just cry about Zerg instead of Gear, nothing would change for Sieges.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well Kakao has already made some changes (compared to KR) to lessen the grind and RNG in our version. It's not a vain hope to ask for more consistency and less RNG.

Most western adult players have jobs, families and other hobbies too. They are not willing to spend 8+ hours per day playing a videogame.

Kakao still would like to keep these players. Guess why? :)

you make it sound like all non western adult players are orphans and unemployed or financially stable.

2 people like this

Posted

You have a really high opinion of yourself. There are legions of games designed to place you on a level playing field for short matches which can be fit between the oh so important "real life" concerns you have. You come here playing a game that requires long-burn, hardcore investment (like MMORPGs do, ya'know) and your whole things is that you'd like the game if it were pretty much the opposite of what it is. You'd prefer it wasn't a grindbox, nor have heavy RNG and you dislike PvP. Seriously. Those are the three pillars upon which this game is built.

I don't see how you even care anymore. You clearly and objectively dislike the core systems in the game. And I'll say it again: If you don't like grinding forever, nor heavy RNG, nor PvP then why are you playing this game? I don't usually do things for fun that I dislike.

I'm not grinding or partaking in the RNG of the game any more. That's alright, because I don't intend to do node wars anyway. You seem to be really concerned by the way I play the game. Are you perhaps hurt that I can actually enjoy the game and have fun without sinking my life into it?

And no, not all MMORPGs require long-burn, hardcore investment. Not by a long shot.

Anyway, you go ahead and "invest" as much time and effort to a game as you want. Maybe one day you'll see the irony.

you make it sound like all non western adult players are orphans and unemployed or financially stable.

Way to misquote and misunderstand. You know as well as I do that Koreans take their gaming a lot more "seriously" on average. Not all of them, of course, just like not all western adults are family guys who play only casually.

The players would just cry about Zerg instead of Gear, nothing would change for Sieges.

You're right about that. Of course, that could also be changed by setting a maximum number of participating players per guild, depending on the node level being contested.

Open world is a really cool concept, but it also brings with it a lot of baggage.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0