• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Will you keep MMA for your wizz awakening? and which ones?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello guys, which skill will you keep for your wizz awakening? I thought on the healing , tp ofc and speed buff,. Maybe the big hit skills like Meteor and Blizzard? Also im thinking of MMA, but so many skill points when we have awakening makes me doubt

Posted (edited)

i have no idea as im as clueless, but i do see the wiz has a long range water skill that could be used at half the speed mma is used, while hits harder than mma, so perhaps thats our new filler if we have to sit at max range. It also has a finisher that hits very hard too.

The way i see it our vanilla spec is meant to be used as a filler/support to our awak, to bolster it, but not as a dmg dealer. So with that in mind its max pts in: the two heals, haste, teleport ultimate, protected area, sages memory, magic shield, the blue and red ball, (not sure if mana drain, depends on our mana gain with awak), and if u got the pts max the freeze and frigid fog. Additionally u could add max in ligthing+storm+chainl if u intend to do horsewiz when u really have to be mobile.

i remember looking briefly over the awak calc n we need like 863 skill pts i believe at lvl 60, so theres ur base. Most lvl 60 should be at 1400+ skill pts.

Edited by Nacario

Posted (edited)

This is the build Cranium (one of Korea's best Witches) uses. He doesn't use MMA at all. It has helped me farm a lot, but most awakening skills will deal double the damage MMA does anyway, so maybe I won't stay with the skill after awakening.

Edited by Stellary
1 person likes this

Posted

This is the build Cranium (one of Korea's best Witches) uses. He doesn't use MMA at all. It has helped me farm a lot, but most awakening skills will deal double the damage MMA does anyway, so maybe I won't stay with the skill after awakening.

pretty much this.

that goes for all classes too.
Because of the way awakening skills work, even spamming the ones that get decreased damage on re-usage, mathematically, they do more damage than most of the non-awakening skills :T

1 person likes this

Posted

I heard Healing Aura works without switching to the staff. So, I'll likely switch to that one. But, I'll just run full awakening otherwise. I don't want to have to switch weapons.

Posted

I heard Healing Aura works without switching to the staff. So, I'll likely switch to that one. But, I'll just run full awakening otherwise. I don't want to have to switch weapons.

u will have to switch weps if u want to fully utilize ur kit. Like prebuffing in staff or teleport away into max heal.

Posted

Koreans are garbage at this game anyways.

1 person likes this

Posted

The way i see it, if we have other skills that do the exact same thing better, then mma becomes obsolete.

look at conc ma vs multiple ma. conc is the same skill but as multi but less dmg and slower. i can't justify using it when mma spam is an option. 

That said, i still haven't seen the skill addons for our awakenings and mma may have other purposes like ap/dp buffs, switching into staff instantly, hitting a group of 10 targets (lighting mma for witches caps at 5 targets).

I just hope this and our staff skills in general  don't become obsolete. I think It'd be a lot more fun to swicth between the 2 weapons mid combat and have a reason to do it. 

Posted

I'll likely drop MMA for sure.

I just hope this and our staff skills in general  don't become obsolete. I think It'd be a lot more fun to swicth between the 2 weapons mid combat and have a reason to do it. 

Let's not forget how viable some of the old skills are on a mount though.  We are last in line for awakenings, but a good Horse Wizard is still a difference maker in a whole lot of GvG scenarios.  Running circles around groups spamming chain lightning, drive-by Meteor Nukes, Blizzards you can chase people down with, 100% knockdown of a Horse Charge, etc etc...

Posted

Cant help it, but so annoyed with these challenged people still going on an on about wizard OP, nerf Multi Magic Missile broken single target dmg blah blah free Dandelion Kzarka blah blah on every boss.

Like even now in this sad non-awakened state of witches and wizards I have to listen to this crap lol? This coming from classes doing double dmg with less AP.  It's unbelievable.

Meanwhile in the real world, MMA is such piss poor dmg it's not even included in a wiz post awakening build. That's fact. So get ready to put those skill points somewhere else. You get new skills doing the same thing but with better dmg.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I was going to keep MMA on awakening, but after seeing the damage from all awakening skills and most Witch korean builds, I'm going to invest my Skill Points in the entire awakening tree, except for the basic attack. From the staff tree, I'll keep Meteor, Ultimate Blizzard and Chain Lightning (all maxed out), plus buffs, auras and heals. I feel like we're one of those classes who will stay in awakening form 80% of the time, because most awakening skills have a short cast time compared to staff skills and we definitely need to cast spells as fast as possible.

Edited by Stellary

Posted

What about Magical Evasion?

The dodge we have while awakened is the same skill?

If it is, I assume we have to max this one, no?

Posted

going to max all awaken skills, get all utility, get all heals and then grind and see what non-awakened damage skills would have been nice to have access to while grinding

Posted

Definetly keeping meteor and blizzard.Sage memory still really good to do instant dmg comboes and it only works with non awaken,so nice to drop a long ranged meteor+other insta nuke then switch to orb and do fireball or destruction/witch lightning aoe skills or any other orb related combo.Ulti blizzard is still one of the most damaging skills in the game after awakening so it still has its uses 987% x 14 ((since its twice)) its still a monstrous amount of damage

Posted

I was going to keep MMA on awakening, but after seeing the damage from all awakening skills and most Witch korean builds, I'm going to invest my Skill Points in the entire awakening tree, except for the basic attack. From the staff tree, I'll keep Meteor, Ultimate Blizzard and Chain Lightning (all maxed out), plus buffs, auras and heals. I feel like we're one of those classes who will stay in awakening form 80% of the time, because most awakening skills have a short cast time compared to staff skills and we definitely need to cast spells as fast as possible.

Well why not awakening basic attack, and why explosion(Staff)?

Posted

u will have to switch weps if u want to fully utilize ur kit. Like prebuffing in staff or teleport away into max heal.

Prebuffing? What buff?

Don't use teleport now. No reason to in PVE and even if I did PVP gear differential would kill me anyway.

Posted (edited)

Prebuffing? What buff?

Don't use teleport now. No reason to in PVE and even if I did PVP gear differential would kill me anyway.

magical shield and protective aura are good buff spells..

also double teleporting away to use healing lighthouse is a good way to heal...

Edited by BigBossInThePit

Posted

You don't need it if your skills are maxed as their CDs drop when leveled so there is basically no down time between spells.

Posted

Just a curiosity: shouldn't Witches get a second teleport? I don't find it in skill list..

Posted

it's in the staff skill tree, called ultimate teleport on bdattabass  skill list you can't chosse it for now since its not available in eu/na

Posted

ah, thank you! I was looking only at awakening skills! :-P

Posted

Insta cast double teleport + protection + lighthouse & speed spell is gonna be awesome sauce.