• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Tamer is the weakest and most pathetic class in bdo and it even got nerfed last patch ???

277 posts in this topic

Posted

you have put a lot of thought into this, i commend you

3 people like this

Posted

Jesus this is like an essay. How do you have time for this?

11 people like this

Posted

Did you happen to do a spreadsheet that shows the numbers?

1 person likes this

Posted

Jesus this is like an essay. How do you have time for this?

I've *probably* invested over 4000 hours in bdo probably, and i've also invested a lot more hours in being frustrated or depressed over my class's flaws, i think a thread that took me few hours to write is nothing in comparison to these 2.

I really didn't want to have to make such thread but last patch ninja-nerfed tamers when they're already suffering so much in this game. I just posted the facts, the class is severely gimped in so many ways both because of its flawed design and because of the increased desync that we have on our servers. 

Am i strong in game? yeah i guess im pretty strong ,i can beat so many people outnumbered and everything but i don't care about that, i want my class to be as good as the others and to be viable and i don't want to be jealous of all other classes that get proper damage values and proper defense and proper offense. Tamers is really lacking in so many departments and the only reason why some people seem to think that its okay is because they see tamers getting kills but like i said thats just due to the nature of the game

the damage is too high in bdo for one reason or another , to anyone who's ever died to a tamer just imagine if the same player had the same experience and gear on ranger/warrior and see that it could be even worse. It's deceptive that "tamers are okay" because of the nature of the game.

Now kuno and ninja awakenings came out and what can i say? Im jealous of them because they have better tools than tamer does, no, not only that, they have a lot more tools than tamer does which is one of the main reasons. The developers simply refuse to give downsmash/knockdown/proper defense or passive to tamers for one reason or another which is very obvious if compared to all other classes. I just don't understand what that reason is 

3 people like this

Posted

We deserved a little more buffs.

IGN: Juliet_Lin 

Server: NA

Posted

We deserved a little more buffs.

IGN: Juliet_Lin 

Server: NA

qt avatar

Posted

qt avatar

Sorry, whats "qt"?

Posted

Sorry, whats "qt"?

cute

1 person likes this

Posted

cute

Oh >,<"

Thanks, same to you.

Posted

Don't derail the thread. Irrelevant is right in so many points.

Posted

LOL & LOL & OMG LOL
+15 tamer can take out duo geared players without breaking a sweat, It is OP if you play it right, you can stun lock into AOE damage & wreck groups of players & dash away.
Git Gud seriously GET GOOD!

5 people like this

Posted

LOL & LOL & OMG LOL+15 tamer can take out duo geared players without breaking a sweat, It is OP if you play it right, you can stun lock into AOE damage & wreck groups of players & dash away.

a warrior in my guild runs around in +12 armor because he's afraid of the game becoming too easy for him. sure a 15 tamer can one combo duo geared players. but the effort he has to put in to accomplish that is way way higher than you have to on other classes.

2 people like this

Posted

It is actually quite stupid how useless most of our flows are, the only ones that are actually good and worth it is the defensive ones, which should be included in the base skill (cloud stomping) and the side dashes should be free. The class is insanely SP starved, can't think of any other class that wants upwards of 1900 skillpoints. 

1 person likes this

Posted

change class if you don't like it.

so much salt god.

Posted

change class if you don't like it.
so much salt god.

Try putting thousands of hours into a character and just "change class" yourself.

11 people like this

Posted

Try putting thousands of hours into a character and just "change class" yourself.

ok

done

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL & LOL & OMG LOL+15 tamer can take out duo geared players without breaking a sweat, It is OP if you play it right, you can stun lock into AOE damage & wreck groups of players & dash away.

you can stunlock people? you only have 2 stuns on fearful tremble and lighting staff which is crap

the pet skill is stiffness, has 1sec+ delay when used, nobody gets hit by it in europe maybe its time for NA to git gud ive literally never seen anyone get hit by pet stun any more, stiffness lasts much less than stun does and you cant wreck shit in that time and not only that but you cant "Dash away "because both of your dashes moonlight strike and legendary beast power are desyncy as hell and have less than half sec superarmor on them so you get cced almost always anyway 

they're literally the most unreliable and worst superarmors in the game and you cant use them and expect them to work because they work only whenever they feel like it

so no, you cant take out duo geared players and tamer has lower damage than sorc,ranger and half of the other classes in the game so that applies to all of them

you cant stun lock cus you have stiffness not stun and thats shit and also how dumb does someone have to be to not superarmor inside tamer pet 

you cant dash away cus they dont work 

2 people like this

Posted

a warrior in my guild runs around in +12 armor because he's afraid of the game becoming too easy for him. sure a 15 tamer can one combo duo geared players. but the effort he has to put in to accomplish that is way way higher than you have to on other classes.

shall we discuss about the witch/wizard ?

Posted

Try making a witch/wizard. I will be right here to pick up your tears while you are going back to your "OP" tamer.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I don't know about other tamers, but I use all the flows. They all work well and do a ton of damage.

And anything node war related has always came down to gear, and numbers, though tamers are quite slippery and escape a lot of stuff some other classes can't

Edited by Kuu
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Try making a witch/wizard. I will be right here to pick up your tears while you are going back to your "OP" tamer.

witch/wiz were the most op class in bdo for half year and will be again after their awakening

are you friggin serious?  also how the hell is that related to any of the things i posted

i merely posted facts

fact : witch has knockdowns and tamer doesnt

fact : witch does extra dmg to tamers and tamers dont

fact : witch is ranged and tamer isnt

and so on and so on, all these pros that witch has vs tamer's what pros? the pet that has chance to RNG CC someone thats bad enough to not block/SA in this day and age? incomparable

Edited by irrelevant
2 people like this

Posted

I have a tonne of fun on my 132 ap witch picking up kills in gvg against full tri boss armour people. Pressing like 2 moves to knock people down and deleting them is a nice change from spamming combos all the time :D

Posted

I have to agree.. I like using non awakening way more than the staff just because I love mobility.

I just wish they didn't take away our mobility.. now it feels like I am a turtle..

the one thing that I loved about tamer was the flip iframe through everything :(

we are unique with a pet but... most of the time it doesn't feel like heilang is even there...

2 people like this

Posted

I have to agree.. I like using non awakening way more than the staff just because I love mobility.

I just wish they didn't take away our mobility.. now it feels like I am a turtle..

the one thing that I loved about tamer was the flip iframe through everything :(

we are unique with a pet but... most of the time it doesn't feel like heilang is even there...

you should never use non awakening sword on tamer, once you start going up in level.

If you're feeling slow, you're lacking in familiarity and CD management. If a staff tamer actually did run out of CD for mobility, they should use instant sword switch with trample cancel.