• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT2 Patch Notes

1,331 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

But again, Vindi is F2P. So if you take into consideration the fact that BDO is B2P, the prices are worse. In my opinion, they should be half of what they are. I bought the conqueror's package, and I'm seriously wondering if I'll spend any money on BDO once the game is launched to buy pearls. 

But again, it's not the case for dyes: 50 cents is much less than half of vindictus' 1.9$. Also, newly released pets in vindi cost 20$ each (chieftain pet for instance). The gremlin pets weren't always 9$ in Vindi like they are now; they used to be the double when they first got out. As new pets are released in bdo, the old ones should drop in price as well. And again, 9$ for new pets in bdo is less than half of vindictus' new pets at 20$. That's why I said what you claimed is not entirely true.

While I agree with you that costumes are too pricey, the rest of the prices really aren't that bad.

I also think we should expect to see some occasional sales in the cash shop. I think it's worth to wait a bit for costume sales.

Edited by BurningBern

Posted

It'd be great if costumes were cheaper; I was planning to buy a lot of them but now I'll have to be super picky. :(

Same here, this is from a player that dumps another 100-200 into games that I join right off the start, that much here wont get me much at all across my account. I see very little value in trying to deck all my characters in nice outfits / other RP outfits if I have to take out a small loan in order to do so. I am guessing this is bait and switch, the prices are set way too high to see a response, then they get dropped to a high cost but lower then this and we thank them for it.

Posted

These prices are insanely high for a B2P game,  I don't mind spending money on a game but I was expecting prices like KRs or slightly lower in price but instead the items are quite a bit more expensive. With these prices I would feel pretty dirty for buying anything and supporting this kind of cash shop so most likely I will hold back.

1 person likes this

Posted

The prices for every thing are ok I guess, except for the costume and horse armor costumes. I mean really they cost more than the game that is way too high. I bought the conquerors package so I spent $100 and have 2500 pearls and I cant even hardly get any thing with them. I know the $100 was for the other items and bonuses but I was just hoping that the 2500 pearls would have some more value. I'm not raging i'm just suggesting a slight price decrease as it stands now they are a little to high for me to ever purchase anything. I spent the money on the game and was happy to get the conquers package to support the game but I don't ever see myself spending $30 bucks to just get some armor costume. That is way too steep and i'm kinda surprised they are even priced that high to begin with, it is that absurd. I mean really...

Exactly! I´m just gonna get the traveller´s pack now, buy my beloved treant costume and some inventory space. I know there´s much other stuff in the conq pack but... argh... after spending 100€ at once my first action isn´t supposed to be to buy even more pearls... 25€ would´ve been fine...

joker-burning-money.gif

I can imagine you saved that gif only for this special moment : P

1 person likes this

Posted

these prices are way to high. why would we pay more for costumes then we paid for the actual game. they should cut the prices in half and make them not sellable in the trading house or something because as of right now they have lost a lot of money day one cash shop opens from a lot of people.

Posted

$32 is half the price of a basic set without awakening weapon on KR. Thanks DAUM I LOVE IT!

r u being intentionally dense, you pay for currency exange and shit like that when buying on kr

Posted

Please reduce the cash shop prices.  10$-$15 for an outfit is fair. When an outfit costs more than the game that is ridiculous.

2 people like this

Posted

pets make since cause there account bound. but that costume tho? doe's it work on all characters?

for that price you think female costume can work on all females..male can work on all males.. ;___;

are they account costume? or individual chaarcter? hell yeah i pay for an account costume.. but just one?

at least reduce a full set to $20-25 i wouldnt cry so hard.

Posted

So....

2500 pearls barely cover the cost of 2 pets. For weight increase I need another 2950 (~30 euro) and for inventory slots another 1400(14 euros), not to mention $32 for a costume.

Truth to be told I did expect a higher price for costumes but not for the pets,weight and slots which are critical in the game.

I hope you're planning some really good sales in the future.

Posted

That's poor marketing thinking tho, example:

32€ for a costume, high so you sell 10= 320€

15€ for a costume, cheaper so you sell 50= 750€

Thinking in long terms is waaaay better for economy.

Problem is you're entirely guessing at how many more would be sold simply to make your point.

Posted (edited)

Holy cow, those  prices need to be lowered.

Edited by Matthew

Posted

Karma penalty is too much, and losing enchant levels of equipped items is FAR too extreme. Negative karma should be a system for a different playstyle, not an insane sadistic punishment.

1 person likes this

Posted

Voice of reason among a sea of rage:

Be patient, everyone. I'm not too thrilled about prices either, but consider that in the past they've decided to change things based on community feedback. Just continue to let them know that these prices are not suitable for our version, especially since we've had to buy the game.

2 people like this

Posted

pets make since cause there account bound. but that costume tho? doe's it work on all characters?

for that price you think female costume can work on all females..male can work on all males.. ;___;

are they account costume? or individual chaarcter? hell yeah i pay for an account costume.. but just one?

at least reduce a full set to $20-25 i wouldnt cry so hard.

Costumes are class specific.

But god. A costume having a higher value than the game.... what's the product here? The costumes or the game???

Posted

This could have been them testing the waters sort of speak..  Put the prices high and see how everyone reacts versus starting low and having to raise the prices... Here's to hoping

Posted

Yo, DAUM. This ain't Star Citizen.

1 person likes this

Posted

Problem is you're entirely guessing at how many more would be sold simply to make your point.

I would +1 this but I'm all out of likes.

Posted

Looks like I'll be back to selling drugs.

3 people like this

Posted

Another problem is what will be released after you purchase a set, at those rates, I would get no more than 1 set per character.

means i have no money and we better be on the same level as KR on how much money there going to make with these high ass prices D:

ninja better be a week or two around the corner..

Posted

Wait I thought this was a B2P model!? The flak is with this F2P cash shop pricing, I already paid you 100USD and i WAS gonna put out 20$ more for pearls but man i'd rather just call it quits and not give anymore and just play if you're gonna do us like this. At least take me out to dinner before you F*** me... jeez =-=

5 people like this

Posted

Mhmm Cash Shop is pretty reasonable to me, that and I probably won't be buying anything from it. 

Posted

This could have been them testing the waters sort of speak..  Put the prices high and see how everyone reacts versus starting low and having to raise the prices... Here's to hoping

I was thinking the same.

Posted

The class and horse costumes are the only items I have an issue with on pricing. $32 for a costume is more than the base game. Seriously? Daum EU wants you to pay more for a costume than access to the game, this is laughable. 

I'm usually a costume whore, but I cannot justify $32 for a single costume that is usable on a single character. Guess I'll just get a few pets and wait to see if sales ever happen, because I won't pay more for an outfit than the game costs.

Posted

So, just a very simple suggestion, DAUM:

All prices are good but costumes prices are not, solution:

-Either make them "Female/Male only" account-bound on equip and tradable within same Family(Account) characters;

-Or make them for like 15-20€/$ for costume and 20-25€/$ for costume+weapon.

Please DAUM, listen us, it's for your own sake! (Also more money=More time server will be up=More time I play :3 )

Posted

It's not P2W here which is what matters. 

I understand, although they have not stated definitively that they won't allow cash shop items to be sold in the AH. As of now in NA this is not enabled and my assertion was that I hope to get at least 6 months out of the game before they take that dive. The exorbitant prices in the cash shop lends to their willingness to cash grab and causes me to doubt their position on P2W. Now that I have elaborated, I hope my position is clear.