• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT2 Patch Notes

1,331 posts in this topic

Posted

I certainly hope those cash shop prices were a misscommunictation

You can't misscommunicate greed.

1 person likes this

Posted

NICE KARMA SYSTEM.  I SURE AM GLAD THAT ENCHANT DEGRADE STILL EXISTS.

Posted

They need less sales if the costs are high, they'll need double, triple quadruple sales if the prices are low.

And they'd get them. $3 a pet means a lot of people will buy 3 pets for each character without blinking, even though they'd spend more money.

$10 costume? Sure people would buy a few if they look nice and have a lower cost, but might only buy one ever if they are >$20. At that price I'll never touch them and would only ever look at pets and convenience items not available through mileage.

Posted

The feel when you spend over 200$ on loot boxes for a costume and don't get it
TERA players will understand ;___;

Oh yeah. I remember that. fml I still facepalm every time i think about that.

Posted

Gotta get a refund, because this completely kills my playstyle and faith that game isn't p2w cashgrab.

Why remove pvp from a game where pvp is the only redeemable factor and what makes it stand out in the market?

Posted

With this price Daum should give us 1000$ to properly test the shop.

1 person likes this

Posted

NICE KARMA SYSTEM.  I SURE AM GLAD THAT ENCHANT DEGRADE STILL EXISTS.

Holy shit someone that actually cares about the important things. Not to say that cash shop prices aren't Martin Shkreli PharmaBro worthy but yeah, people need those AIDs drugs to survive.

1 person likes this

Posted

The level cap has been increased from 50 to 55.

Does that mean Media territory and sea already open?

Posted

Yeah. I won't be spending any money on costumes when it costs me more than the game did.

Posted (edited)

This could have been them testing the waters sort of speak..  Put the prices high and see how everyone reacts versus starting low and having to raise the prices... Here's to hoping

I mean I can clarify that this a business foray. 

Scenario A: Daum announces fair prices, they make good money for being fair.

Scenario B: Daum announces overpriced prices - community is unhappy. They cater (most like a premeditated act) to the crowd, gain positive public opinion, and gain even more money than they would have in scenario A. 

DAUM isn't dumb. They are quite intelligent, but still a business.

Im not bashing them at all, I'm just saying the prices will probably be lowered. They understand how sales and marketing works. It is after all, why they are doing a good job listening to the community.

Edited by Lunarharmony

Posted (edited)

And they'd get them. $3 a pet means a lot of people will buy 3 pets for each character without blinking, even though they'd spend more money.

$10 costume? Sure people would buy a few if they look nice and have a lower cost, but might only buy one ever if they are >$20. At that price I'll never touch them and would only ever look at pets and convenience items not available through mileage.

Pets are family bound so every one of your characters will have access to the same pets. So it's $27 for three pets for the lifetime of your BDO career. Cheap as -----. Same goes for horses.

Edited by Leiloni

Posted (edited)

Hey guys chill out and remember Daum gave us $50 in pearls to test with so it's all good. We can buy 1 costume with weapon and a pet and dyes and accessories then realize we need more still.

all sarcasm incase you didn't catch that

Edited by moodswing07

Posted

Epic paint skillz.

1309632238850.png

Posted

I think the prices are so high and offensive that I'm considering to get a refund on my 100€ version of the game... I really don't want to encourage that kind of cash-grab-shop :(

It's really sad because I wanted to spend money on some costumes! But now... I don't even know if I want to play the game. I really have to think about it

Posted

who cares about other costumes ill use the one from the preorder.

Posted

Pearls Translate to every 1,000 = $10

Base Game: $29.99

Costume: $22

Costume + Weapon: $32

Why would I pay more for a costume than the game itself? Psssh.

Daum... no.

I'm hoping other people will be "strong willed" enough to not buy a costume. I may not even buy one during the beta test, and you gave us the pearls for free on that lol. 
I'm sick of being burned in NA because all the developers are used to the ol' "Nothing else is good, so you're stuck with us" trope. To the other people playing, try not to fall for this crap, don't encourage publishers/developers to be shitlords.

Don't be shitlords yourselves (aka don't buy things just to spite other players). If I could go back and skip first beta to pay them less, I would defs consider it. Sorry to people that warned us lol.

Posted (edited)

I really hope you guys consider lowering the cash shop prices. If this was F2P I'd be more understanding but, you're asking for $30 for entry than want to ask $30+ for outfits?

I'd feel more inclined to buy outfits around the $15-$20 mark. (Edit: and that would be for a whole set) Plus more people would be more likely to buy. 

Edited by PurplePumpkin

Posted

Those cash shop prices. Yikes.

I don't like contributing to the salt mines, but... I have to agree that the pricing is discouraging. I want to use the cash shop - but not if it costs as much as the base game for a single costume.

Otherwise, I'm excited to get back in game for another CBT. Thanks for the patch notes <3

Posted

I really hope you guys consider lowering the cash shop prices. If this was F2P I'd be more understanding but, you're asking for $30 for entry than want to ask $30+ for outfits?

I'd feel more inclined to buy outfits around the $15-$20 mark. Plus more people would be more likely to buy. 

Agree, 15 - 20$ would be more acceptable.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

See? It's because of people like YOU that we suffer, with this mentality you defend them, really don't you think that a LOT of players will NOT buy at these prices?

Why is this so hard ;_;

Well look at what your type of people done already.  Tera failed, ArcheAge failed, ESO failed, etc.  You guys obviously don't support your MMOs as much as you think at these low prices.  You need 3-5x the amount of sales at lower prices every few weeks or months to be sustainable.  That would work if the population at release stayed, but it doesn't.  Most pick up and leave after a few months, that's one of the bigger reasons why games keep failing.  It's not the companies in charge, it's the fickled and cheap mmo playerbase.

Sure some companies could be to blame, but not this many and it certainly wouldn't repeat for every MMO release for the last few years.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

Prices need to be lowered 500% for them to became even close to fair.

so you want free costumes ? lol

Posted (edited)

uh...heh. those all seem really expensive. i mean, i know you guys wanna make money...but those prices are going to scare a lot of people off....

seems like for a buy to play game they should be a tad lower. just a tad.

by no means do they have to be free, but i mean, reduce prices by 20% - 30% and people would probably be happier. you'll have happy costumers and make a lot more money since im sure that that should get you 20-30% more customers willing to shell out money.

Edited by JustFiyen

Posted

The prices are bullshit DAUM!

With this prices you will not get a single cent from me.

If these prices aren't lowered at least 300-400% you are getting on my black list right next to Trion.

And seriously you expect us to keep buying pet food and spamming it on pets constantly, practically spending shitload of eur / month just for pet food?

Just putting those prices out there is spit in our faces. Go **** ********

Technically, you can buy basic pet food from stable hands.. lol

Posted

Who cares about cash shop prices when a core game mechanic, karma, is completely broken.  Positive karma players shouldn't be able to freely attack someone at -1 karma, and negative karma shouldn't open the possibility of enchantment degrade on death, regardless of the cause of death.

Posted

Okay, I looked over for a while and I've got a bit of experience with f2p and b2p prices, and all this shit is overpriced. ALL OF IT. You guys need to come down like 25% on everything...minimum. You'd can easily spend double the price of the largest preorder package. Now, I do realize your dollar goes a little farther in this game, as storage isn't as needed and a lot of items are permanent but they're still over-priced. I mean this is going to be an absolute nightmare for those that want to customize a bunch of characters. I couldn't imagine spending less than $50 just making a char look nice, then we're talking another 20 bucks on functionality stuff. There better be some sales or something.

Also, how much of this stuff is available for use account-wide?