• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT2 Patch Notes

1,331 posts in this topic

Posted

But again, it's not the case for dyes: 50 cents is much less than half of vindictus' 1.9$. Also, newly released pets in vindi cost 20$ each (chieftain pet for instance). The gremlin pets weren't always 9$ in Vindi like they are now; they used to be the double when they first got out. As new pets are released in bdo, the old ones should drop in price as well. And again, 9$ for new pets in bdo is less than half of vindictus' new pets at 20$. That's why I said what you claimed is not entirely true.

While I agree with you that costumes are too pricey, the rest of the prices really aren't that bad.

I also think we should expect to see some occasional sales in the cash shop. I think it's worth to wait a bit for costume sales.

but also consider that vindi is entirely dungeon based so they are already running a crappy model and shouldn't be compared to, its predecessor Mabinogi which had dungeons, world events, minigames, and was much more of an open world and social game and even they had pets for $10 as a F2P that could be mounted, could fight alongside you, and basically doubled your inventory that's already more value per the dollar in a F2P game, and the product didn't need to be bought and recycled to be at max efficiency.

Posted

I think the prices are so high and offensive that I'm considering to get a refund on my 100€ version of the game... I really don't want to encourage that kind of cash-grab-shop :(

It's really sad because I wanted to spend money on some costumes! But now... I don't even know if I want to play the game. I really have to think about it

I am thinking the very same I just pre ordered the other day so I still have time to get a refund. I spent $100 and was hoping that would be enough to get a few costumes and a pet or two with the 2500 pearls now I am considering not even bothering with this game its feeling like Archage all over again. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Wont be buying a costume, might get a couple of dyes though...

Posted

Wow nice cash shop wtf i have money to spend sure but this? When a costume set is more than the game itself? My money can go elsewhere thanks. This is a buy to play game not a freaking free to play. You cant charge this much for pixels. Also 1.5 USD for one inventory expansion slot? ONE? There are so many thing wrong with this cash shop. Cut prices by half and then i might consider buying hell if the devs/publishers went out to say we need money to keep this game alive id donate. But dont give me this shit. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Look, if you guys really want to play this game, we can play this game.

Costumes? all together folks:

ecbd2eff858ee4ab7afc5c60d389717e6fce9fad

5 people like this

Posted

Who cares about cash shop prices when a core game mechanic, karma, is completely broken.  Positive karma players shouldn't be able to freely attack someone at -1 karma, and negative karma shouldn't open the possibility of enchantment degrade on death, regardless of the cause of death.

you aren't supposed to randomly PK in the first place, the only reason to OW pvp would be to get a grind spot for yourself

Posted

Gotta get a refund, because this completely kills my playstyle and faith that game isn't p2w cashgrab.

Why remove pvp from a game where pvp is the only redeemable factor and what makes it stand out in the market?

I don't think you even know what P2W means. They haven't even removed pvp...If you're literally retarded I understand though.

Posted

Look, if you guys really want to play this game, we can play this game.

Costumes? all together folks:

ecbd2eff858ee4ab7afc5c60d389717e6fce9fad

shit man call in an expert lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Prices need to be lowered 500% for them to became even close to fair.

The real world isn't fair sadly. This is over the top yes, but a costume being $5 will not ever happen in a game that prides itself on its visuality. You are completely correct in saying that you feel that these prices are ridiculous. But I also ask that you contemplate the motivation behind every action. Of course greed is the root, but there are extreme variance in degrees of greed, and I for one, can see that when the community seems to be about 80% against this decision, it will most likely be changed in some way. 

Posted

Guys forget the outfits now (yes their cost is outrageous) but

EVEN BIGGER PROBLEM IS PET FOOD!

Do you realize how much cash per month will cost you just to feed god damn pets?!

if I remember correctly you can buy pet food from stablehands

Posted

Yep! That did it, $30 pack will be. Can't believe a costume is more expensive than the game, NA/EU prices are not thaaat different from KR, because:

A good costume costs about $60 in KR.

Here? Well first you pay for the game, and then have to inject about $32 US to get the complete set. So basically if you wanted a costume with the $100 pack, you'll need to add $7 to your 2500 pearls :o

Sad to see, will probably just buy one or two costumes at most as they will be locked to character for sure, just like in KR.

Posted

So you're looking at 250$ to get 4 pets of t3.

100$ for inventory & weight

100$ for costumes (2 costumes + dyes).

For a total of 450$. Not so nice.

1 person likes this

Posted

if I remember correctly you can buy pet food from stablehands

You can also craft pet food with cooking.

Posted

Do you realize how much cash per month will cost you just to feed god damn pets?!

You get pet food from stable hands ya dunce. Pretty sure you can craft it too IIRC.

Posted

you aren't supposed to randomly PK in the first place, the only reason to OW pvp would be to get a grind spot for yourself

Even so, the fact that the mechanic for enchantments to degrade on death exists is terrible and shouldn't exist.  The proposed bounty hunter system, with less punishing karma penalties for PK was much more reasonable and balanced.

Posted

Well look at what your type of people done already.  Tera failed, ArcheAge failed, ESO failed, etc.  You guys obviously don't support your MMOs as much as you think at these low prices.  You need 3-5x the amount of sales at lower prices every few weeks or months to be sustainable.  That would work if the population at release stayed, but it doesn't.  Most pick up and leave after a few months, that's one of the bigger reasons why games keep failing.  It's not the companies in charge, it's the fickled and cheap mmo playerbase.

What? Lol are you a troll or something? I hope so.

First: Tera NA and ESO are doing fairly good.

Second: They are failing because: -Lack of content, -Cash shop RNG, expensive and P2W, -Poor customer support, -Terrible GMs, and so on

All of this = No one wanna buy nothing even if it was for 1€ per costume, because the game sucks, not because we're poor kids who don't wanna support the game lol

3 people like this

Posted

Losing Enchant levels of equipped items when you have negative karma.

Why is this there? Now this can't be abused by letting the mobs get in the last hit??????????? Ofc it can't... right? I mean only the old flagging system can be exploited. Lmao....

1 person likes this

Posted

Well look at what your type of people done already.  Tera failed, ArcheAge failed, ESO failed, etc.  You guys obviously don't support your MMOs as much as you think at these low prices.  You need 3-5x the amount of sales at lower prices every few weeks or months to be sustainable.  That would work if the population at release stayed, but it doesn't.  Most pick up and leave after a few months, that's one of the bigger reasons why games keep failing.  It's not the companies in charge, it's the fickled and cheap mmo playerbase.
Sure some companies could be to blame, but not this many and it certainly wouldn't repeat for every MMO release for the last few years.

I agree that we are very fickle. Our "now" attitudes (in regards to pleasure seeking) inhibit us from understanding why MMO's die. But that also makes me happy because I see potential for an amazing and dedicated player base, in this amazing game.

Posted

hey man, you do know you just buy regular food in game....right?

1 person likes this

Posted

They would sell so many more costumes and make so much more money than they will at the current prices if they had prices similar to LoL for skins and accessories. $30 for an outfit is absolutely ridiculous.

LoL has insane profits and they don't charge ludicrous prices.

Posted

actually, why is there only one costume with a bonus? like where´s the naga costume which gives you a swim buff? I wonder if it´s gonna be 32€ as well... and all the other costumes with a bonus...

Posted

*looks at post date/time*

rotfl! i hadn't noticed that! lol!

Posted

Seeing as you need to buy a lot of pets to upgrade them 9 dollars is a bit high. At least to me. I am a tightwad.

true.. but they are for the whole account therefore you only need to invest into them once  while you "need" a costume for all of your characters
The 32€ tag is somehow what most f2p games Charge... i'd have prefered ~20€/25€

Posted (edited)

If what I am reading is correct. And that the prices for a full set of a premium costume will cost me ($32) which is $43.70 CDN... you can be damn sure I will not be using the cash shop as extensively as I would of.

Edited by Stalzy
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

but also consider that vindi is entirely dungeon based so they are already running a crappy model and shouldn't be compared to, its predecessor Mabinogi which had dungeons, world events, minigames, and was much more of an open world and social game and even they had pets for $10 as a F2P that could be mounted, could fight alongside you, and basically doubled your inventory that's already more value per the dollar in a F2P game, and the product didn't need to be bought and recycled to be at max efficiency.

I'm not the one who brought up Vindictus. I'm simply rectifying someone that said that everything in bdo cash shop cost more than in Vindictus, which is false.

On a second note, you can always compare something to something else regardless of how close/far apart they are. There will simply be more variables to consider in the latter case.

Edited by BurningBern