• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT2 Patch Notes

1,331 posts in this topic

Posted

I can buy a whole ghetto-fabulous REAL LIFE outfit from Walmart for $32, can of Mace for weapon included...

54dc51d4abdfb_-_grumpy.thumb.jpg.c3499cf

this

2 people like this

Posted

Disappointed.  I bought the conquerors pre-order because I had faith that my purchase to play the game would equal fair prices in the cash shop.  By putting out what is being perceived as offensive pricing in the cash shop you are only hurting your game and the community.  How should this affect my faith and trust in the developers for the future of the cash shop when this seems like such a cash grab?  What other poor choices will be made towards the cash shop?  Previously, I was skeptical of the cash shop but had full faith due to the Buy-to-play model and comments made by the devs.  Now I am conflicted.  To even attempt this money grab deteriorates my faith in the future of the game.

3 people like this

Posted

Whoever came up with those prices... goddamn. I'm not paying 30 bucks for a video game and then paying another 30 dollars for ONE SINGLE COSTUME. I can justify 10 dollars per costume, but 30? Are you insane? Clearly the people in charge of pricing have never heard that it's better to get 5 dollars from a thousand people than 15 dollars from 100 people.

I haven't bought this yet but my friends have and I was going to, but seeing as how the only decent looking gear is cash shop items and they cost more than the game itself.... Here's hoping they realize just how absurd these prices are and lower them to something reasonable. I'm not going to pay for the game and then pay another game's worth of money for one single costume, it aint gonna happen.

Posted

I thought the beta was out then ahah.

Posted (edited)

Sadly I'm going to refund my Conqueror's package if these prices stay as they are. $32 for a full costume set is ridiculous. IMO the prices should be set to:

$5 - Regular Pets

$10 - Specialty Pets

$15 - Basic Costume

$22 - Costume Set + Weapon

The rest of the items are outrageously priced. I just can't justify paying what they are asking.

Edited by Phantasmagoria
Changed post to make it clearer.
4 people like this

Posted

They would sell so many more costumes and make so much more money than they will at the current prices if they had prices similar to LoL for skins and accessories. $30 for an outfit is absolutely ridiculous.

LoL has insane profits and they don't charge ludicrous prices.

not sure if you can compare both games like that... just like people tend to compare korean prices with our prices. It´s different systems.
I got no clue about LoL or their cashop but one is a moba with a huge fanbase and one is an mmo with.. a smaller fanbase.

Posted

hey man, you do know you just buy regular food in game....right?

Multiple people have responded to them explaining this but they keep posting the same thing. I'm not quite sure if they are trolling or have themselves worked up into such a frenzy that taking the time to research the other options is just falling on deaf ears.

1 person likes this

Posted

The level cap has been increased from 50 to 55.

Does that mean Media territory and sea already open?

Posted

$10 for a complete skill reset most the time this is done with a couple in game silver WTF!!!!!

Posted (edited)

What? Lol are you a troll or something? I hope so.

First: Tera NA and ESO are doing fairly good.

Second: They are failing because: -Lack of content, -Cash shop RNG, expensive and P2W, -Poor customer support, -Terrible GMs, and so on

All of this = No one wanna buy nothing even if it was for 1€ per costume, because the game sucks, not because we're poor kids who don't wanna support the game lol

If you followed the history of those games; they had to change business models/plans.  That's evidence of failing and that's what I was referring to.  Tera did not go F2P because it was successful, it could not sustain itself with the P2P model.  ESO could also not sustain itself with the P2P model and went B2P.  Sure they may be doing fine now after those decisions, but it wasn't so hot during the transitions.

There are numerous other MMOs besides the ones I listed, they are just the more recent ones.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

Pagely reminder that enchant loss on death, regardless of the situational factors is a bad mechanic and should not exist.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well look at what your type of people done already.  Tera failed, ArcheAge failed, ESO failed, etc.  You guys obviously don't support your MMOs as much as you think at these low prices.  You need 3-5x the amount of sales at lower prices every few weeks or months to be sustainable.  That would work if the population at release stayed, but it doesn't.  Most pick up and leave after a few months, that's one of the bigger reasons why games keep failing.  It's not the companies in charge, it's the fickled and cheap mmo playerbase.
Sure some companies could be to blame, but not this many and it certainly wouldn't repeat for every MMO release for the last few years.

Not sure if troll, if so, bravo. For the record, ESO didn't fail. It's actually grown since it's unstable launch and they have consecutively released quarterly content since late last year. That's not a failing MMO. Dunno about TERA, but I've heard AA is just a p2w. Glad I dodged that bullet myself.

On the topic at hand. Seriously, drop the prices of the costumes. That's insane that a set would cost more than the game itself at base price.

Posted (edited)

We have been let down twice today. First with the ~Amazing~ intro cinematic and now the ~Wonderful~ pricing in cash shop. 

ojIsLUA.gif

Edited by moodswing07

Posted

Sadly I'm going to refund my Conqueror's package if these prices stay as they are. $32 for a full costume set is ridiculous. IMO the prices should be set to:

$5 - Regular Pets

$10 - Specialty Pets

$15 - Basic Costume

$22 - Costume Set

The rest of the items are outrageously priced. I just can't justify paying what they are asking.

$32 - Costume Set + Weapon :o 

Posted

If you followed the history of those games; they ahd to change business models/plans.  That's evidence of failing.  

I know, i played and play them still, Tera NA is highly populated, that's not a fail, same for ESO, AA sucks tho. Tera KR is another story

Posted

not sure if you can compare both games like that... just like people tend to compare korean prices with our prices. It´s different systems.I got no clue about LoL or their cashop but one is a moba with a huge fanbase and one is an mmo with.. a smaller fanbase.

Doesn't really matter, the principle remains the same. If the items are cheaper, more people can buy them which ultimately gets more money, or at least the same amount of money.

Posted (edited)

Pearls Translate to every 1,000 = $10

Base Game: $29.99

Costume: $22

Costume + Weapon: $32

Why would I pay more for a costume than the game itself? Psssh.

In most games when you buy a costume, you only buy the costume. The weapon costume in most games is a separate purchase as is the headpiece. In Black Desert, you get chestpiece and headpiece in one (plus shoes, but no game sells shoes separately like this). So $22 for a costume that also includes a headpiece is standard pricing, as is $10 for a weapon.

TERA (for new items, old items are cheaper):

Costume - $15

Headpiece - $5

Weapon: $10

Total: $30

Blade and Soul:

Costume - $15

Headpiece - $5

Weapon: $12

Total: $32

Edited by Leiloni

Posted (edited)

I know, i played and play them still, Tera NA is highly populated, that's not a fail, same for ESO, AA sucks tho. Tera KR is another story

Tera before F2P wasn't doing hot.  I also played it and noticed the drop in populations.  That's my point.  For whatever reason, the superior business plan failed for the game and the more rng box/p2w approach is successful.  However my memory is a bit hazy on this, can't recall if rng boxes were there before or after f2p.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

Penalties for PvE deaths.

• Crystal Breaking

• Losing Enchant levels of equipped items when you have negative karma.

• Experience Loss

Lose enchants when dying to mobs when we have negative karma? I thought we were doing away with enchant level loss...thats garbage. 

Posted

my problem is that i wanted to buy multiple stuff regularly from the cash shop..now i will have to buy a pet, some inventory expansions, and a costume..

when i couldve bought all inventory expansions, weight limit,couple of pets, and costumes whenever i like them..

Posted (edited)

removed due to glitchy gif

ojIsLUA.gif

Edited by moodswing07

Posted

kr ourfit 860 pers ru outfit 1500-1900 na/eu 3200......im not gonna even bother after i have bought 100$ on the game

1 person likes this

Posted

Guys forget the outfits now (yes their cost is outrageous) but

EVEN BIGGER PROBLEM IS PET FOOD!

Do you realize how much cash per month will cost you just to feed god damn pets?!

You can buy pet feed from stables hands and even craft it.

So you're looking at 250$ to get 4 pets of t3.

100$ for inventory & weight

100$ for costumes (2 costumes + dyes).

For a total of 450$. Not so nice.

250$? 4 pets? Max is three until they release penguin and fox anyways. Now let's get back to math. If my understanding of pet breeding is correct, breeding 2 tier 1 pets both lv10 will guarantee you a tier 2 pet and have a chance at a tier 3. Same with tier 2 lv10 to tier 3. $9x4x3=$108 dollars maximum for 3 tier 3 pets. Minimum of $54. Then again, why would you bother spending that much for 2 seconds faster loot times anyways?

$100 for inventory and weight? You can (as far as i'm aware) only buy one of each per character. That's $43.50 per character.

Assuming you get the weapon + costume together and go with dual color scheme at max you'll spend $88 for 2 complete sets.

Add that up you have between $185.50 and $239.50, not $450; and you'll probably never need to spend anything else ever again. I myself am happy with the conqueror's costume and weapon, so i won't need any other costume. Therefore, i'll be spending around $50-$55 dollars one time at launch + the $25 from the conqueror's package and never touch the cash shop again until i have a t8 horse and/or need to reset any skills.

I don't worry about costumes so much, you buy the costume once.

I worry about pet food and spending 50 eur / month just to feed my pets.

Read above.

Posted

I think they better rethink those prices before BDO becomes one of those "I love the game but hate the cash shop, so I'm out". People already have to buy the game and most of this prices are unreasonable since they are worth more than the game itself. Lower those high prices to about half and I guarantee most players will continue supporting the game. Please DAUM do not destroy the experience with such ridiculous prices.

Posted

Tera before F2P wasn't doing hot.  I also played it and noticed the drop in populations.  That's my point.

Which Tera? NA or EU? EU was killed by Gameforge, NA was always strong