• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT2 Patch Notes

1,331 posts in this topic

Posted

well i usually spend a lot of money in every game i play, i love buying stuff in cash shop, but these prices are just insane, so this might be the 1st game i play where i won't be spending money often

1 person likes this

Posted

It actually $22 without the weapon. That seems reasonable don't know why everyone so mad. Well im ready to get flamed.

Posted (edited)

Which Tera? NA or EU? EU was killed by Gameforge, NA was always strong

NA.  I even had a +12 before F2P so that's how much I liked the game heh    They even sent me a christmas card written by them.

Edited by JerryBoyle

Posted

Pagely reminder that enchant loss on death, regardless of the situational factors is a bad mechanic and should not exist.

Posted

The prices are way to expansive Daum. please reconsider the prices again before you do a Trion on us. Free to play games have lower price for costume and so on in their cash shop. top tittle like Blade and Soul is has cheap cash shop and its free to play. THIS IS BUY TO PLAY. we already paid you a decent 30$ + , the prices should be lower then a free to play cash shop game. because we already paid once!!. This is a Trion :/ and I thought it was another company name Daum -.- i was wrong!

Posted

In most games when you buy a costume, you only buy the costume. The weapon costume in most games is a separate purchase as is the headpiece. In Black Desert, you get chestpiece and headpiece in one (plus shoes, but no game sells shoes separately like this). So $22 for a costume is standard pricing.

TERA (for new items, old items are cheaper):

Costume - $15

Headpiece - $5

Weapon: $10

Total: $30

Blade and Soul:

Costume - $15

Headpiece - $5

Weapon: $12

Total: $32

Guild Wars 2:

All Outfit's are 700 gems
800 Gems = $10 USD
100 left over gems can be put towards Gold for weapon skin of choice in-game.

And weapon skins are abundant within the game. They have more weapon skins in the game than have ever been in the cash shop.

This would of been a better comparison, though Tera is an acceptable one because it used to be a sub-game.

Another comparison to do would actually be TES:O since its buy to play as well.

4 people like this

Posted

It actually $22 without the weapon. That seems reasonable don't know why everyone so mad. Well im ready to get flamed.

For a F2P this game is a little over the average but as a B2P game like ESO/GW2 the prices are almost double what they should be.

Posted

Multiple people have responded to them explaining this but they keep posting the same thing. I'm not quite sure if they are trolling or have themselves worked up into such a frenzy that taking the time to research the other options is just falling on deaf ears.

no clue, probably troll. *shrug*

if they simply havn't gotten around to reading, guess they'll feel pretty dumb soon though...

Posted

my problem is that i wanted to buy multiple stuff regularly from the cash shop..now i will have to buy a pet, some inventory expansions, and a costume..

when i couldve bought all inventory expansions, weight limit,couple of pets, and costumes whenever i like them..

It feels as if the game will become another bill rather than a time away from real life, lol. Something is wrong in that math.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think they better rethink those prices before BDO becomes one of those "I love the game but hate the cash shop, so I'm out". People already have to buy the game and most of this prices are unreasonable since they are worth more than the game itself. Lower those high prices to about half and I guarantee most players will continue supporting the game. Please DAUM do not destroy the experience with such ridiculous prices.

as some people pointed out already I think they´ll reduce the price since this thread is meant to gather opinions and feedback and look at this, everybody is going nuts. It just has to be that way. 32 bucks for a costume daaaaaaaaamns D:

Posted (edited)

But then the question that arises is why weapon skins cost $10...

Edited by Ambient

Posted (edited)

Guild Wars 2:

All Outfit's are 700 gems
800 Gems = $10 USD
100 left over gems can be put towards Gold for weapon skin of choice in-game.

And weapon skins are abundant within the game. They have more weapon skins in the game than have ever been in the cash shop.

This would of been a better comparison, though Tera is an acceptable one because it used to be a sub-game.

Another comparison to do would actually be TES:O since its buy to play as well.

This.

PLUS you can buy them with in-game currency converting gold into gems. Takes a long ass time, but you can do that.

Edited by Yamiino
1 person likes this

Posted

3200 pearls for a set of costume is too much and 900 or 1100 pearls for a pet??? also 800 pearls for a appearence change ticket?? Are you kidding me DAUM!!!!!!

Posted (edited)

But you are comparing F2P games Cash shop vs BDO's B2P model

Well TERA started P2P and had those tons of box prices, going F2P later so it is comparable (edit: they also have a subscription too, and one that doesn't even give you cash shop currency, yet they STILL have those cash shop prices and nobody moans about it). BnS is F2P yes although many did buy founder's packs.

The problem is, the 2 major B2P games - ESO and GW2 - aren't very comparable. ESO for one thing, has various income methods - cash shop, subscription, and paid DLC's. So they have a cheaper cash shop because it's only one of three income avenues. BDO only has one of those three.

GW2 also has paid DLC's along with it's cash shop that cost as much as the original game, along with a currency exchange allowing whales to spend a lot on the cash shop to earn in game gold. BDO doesn't have either of those things.

Edited by Leiloni

Posted (edited)

well i usually spend a lot of money in every game i play, i love buying stuff in cash shop, but these prices are just insane, so this might be the 1st game i play where i won't be spending money often

Exactly the same, i was ready to pull out my credit card, i have 50€ ready to get in the cash shop at release, but now when i see the price there is no way now.

32€ is the price of the game or an another game by the way, too way high.

Edited by PetitDiamant

Posted

NA.  I even had a +12 before F2P so that's how much I liked the game heh    They even sent me a christmas card written by them.

Oh well sorry then, really. Tera B2P was doing so bad lol, from F2P release tho it went pretty good(NA obv)!

Posted

For the ppl comparing this to tera and how it failed etc consider this: regardless of if it failed or not if bdo is raising prices in anticipation of a flop are they not simply planning to fail? How can a game do good if they already planned to fail? Lower your prices and plan to have the playerbase to be able to profit off those prices if your game is as good as everyone says it is it will succeed. Also bdo you are a buy to play game here in the west...you cant follow free to play game models. Thats gonna get you a lot of hate...kinda like right now.

Posted (edited)

Game is dead on arrival. Will go F2P in 2 months. Daum is lying through their teeth about minimizing P2W in the cash shop and PvP is still awful. They're timing content release to keep the game on life support.

Good job listening to forumbabbies Daum.

I already regret spending money on this.

Edited by The Notorious Hacker 4chan

Posted

In most games when you buy a costume, you only buy the costume. The weapon costume in most games is a separate purchase as is the headpiece. In Black Desert, you get chestpiece and headpiece in one (plus shoes, but no game sells shoes separately like this). So $22 for a costume that also includes a headpiece is standard pricing, as is $10 for a weapon.

Costume - $15

Headpiece - $5

Blade and Soul:

Costume - $15

Headpiece - $5

I respect the facts displayed here but at the same time it just makes this worse for me, as neither of those games were attractive to me for those very same pricing models. I blame myself as an eager consumer for pre-ordering too quickly.

Posted

Pagely reminder that enchant loss on death, regardless of the situational factors is a bad mechanic and should not exist.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well TERA started P2P and had those tons of box prices, going F2P later so it is comparable. BnS is F2P yes although many did buy founder's packs.

The problem is, the 2 major B2P games - ESO and GW2 - aren't very comparable. ESO for one thing, has various income methods - cash shop, subscription, and paid DLC's. So they have a cheaper cash shop because it's only one of three income avenues. BDO only has one of those three.

GW2 also has paid DLC's along with it's cash shop that cost as much as the original game, along with a currency exchange allowing whales to spend a lot on the cash shop to earn in game gold. BDO doesn't have either of those things.

Players who had initially purchased the game were compensated with exclusive in-game items, so no its not comparable at all.

Posted

But then the question that arises is why weapon skins cost $10...

Because that's the average price for a weapon skin in other games.

Posted

For the ppl comparing this to tera and how it failed etc consider this: regardless of if it failed or not if bdo is raising prices in anticipation of a flop are they not simply planning to fail? How can a game do good if they already planned to fail? Lower your prices and plan to have the playerbase to be able to profit off those prices if your game is as good as everyone says it is it will succeed. Also bdo you are a buy to play game here in the west...you cant follow free to play game models. Thats gonna get you a lot of hate...kinda like right now.

Like someone pointed out it could be a simple selling technique, like stores that rise prices before sales, to look "good" and sell more when they lower prices

Posted

as some people pointed out already I think they´ll reduce the price since this thread is meant to gather opinions and feedback and look at this, everybody is going nuts. It just has to be that way. 32 bucks for a costume daaaaaaaaamns D:

Opinion is what they want, opinion is what they get.

Posted

In most games when you buy a costume, you only buy the costume. The weapon costume in most games is a separate purchase as is the headpiece. In Black Desert, you get chestpiece and headpiece in one (plus shoes, but no game sells shoes separately like this). So $22 for a costume that also includes a headpiece is standard pricing, as is $10 for a weapon.

Costume - $15

Headpiece - $5

Blade and Soul:

Costume - $15

Headpiece - $5

*probably good to note that (in blade and soul at least) 80% - 90% of the costumes are obtainable in game though effort, and you can make your weapon look like any that you pick up in the game.

*tera use to do kinda the same thing where you could make armor look like other armor you picked up, but uh...they kinda got rid of that. fashion coupons took over, and it works out well enough.

*in both cases these games give you a good way to look good without throwing your money at them. options at least.