• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT2 Patch Notes

1,331 posts in this topic

Posted

For a F2P this game is a little over the average but as a B2P game like ESO/GW2 the prices are almost double what they should be.

ESO and GW2 have multiple other income methods and don't need to rely as much on the cash shop. BDO only has the cash shop and thus needs to rely on it as it's primary source of income, more like a F2P game would.

Posted

Like someone pointed out it could be a simple selling technique, like stores that rise prices before sales, to look "good" and sell more when they lower prices

You do realize this tactic is illegal in EU regions correct?

1 person likes this

Posted

For the ppl comparing this to tera and how it failed etc consider this: regardless of if it failed or not if bdo is raising prices in anticipation of a flop are they not simply planning to fail? How can a game do good if they already planned to fail? Lower your prices and plan to have the playerbase to be able to profit off those prices if your game is as good as everyone says it is it will succeed. Also bdo you are a buy to play game here in the west...you cant follow free to play game models. Thats gonna get you a lot of hate...kinda like right now.

They can't sell expansions because they are overseas and that requires manufacturing I believe.  So they can't really follow the traditional B2P plans of box price, cash shop and expansions with or without sub.  BDO has a cash shop and this version has a box price.  That's it.  

Posted

What happened to "no pay to win"?????  Pets (especially to rank them up) plus inventory, weight, the luck underwear, the gilly suit (or whatever it's called): all of these affect gameplay.   Cosmetic is a costume or a color.

2 people like this

Posted

It actually $22 without the weapon. That seems reasonable don't know why everyone so mad. Well im ready to get flamed.

but that´s only for some costumes as I can see. I intended to buy the treant and naga costume for example, which don´t event have a weapon but yet cost 3200 pearls. And there´re probably more costumes like this. Ok ok, they have buffs, but can anybody tell yet if they´re worth - 1 weapon skind and + 10 bucks? And even if yes... 32 has a really bad ring to it : /

Posted

Closed Beta Test 2 – Patch Notes

Known Issues

Cash Shop & Loyalty

Fixed

5 people like this

Posted

so someone help me out, did pvp get switched at all from kr? will people be getting pked or how will that work? also will it just be two servers?

Posted (edited)

Guild Wars 2:

All Outfit's are 700 gems
800 Gems = $10 USD
100 left over gems can be put towards Gold for weapon skin of choice in-game.

And weapon skins are abundant within the game. They have more weapon skins in the game than have ever been in the cash shop.

This would of been a better comparison, though Tera is an acceptable one because it used to be a sub-game.

Another comparison to do would actually be TES:O since its buy to play as well.

Except Guild Wars 2 has two other income methods that BDO does not:

1. Paid DLC's that cost as much as the original game for far less content

2. Currency exchange, meaning players will spend more on the cash shop in order to earn in game gold. With a character/account bound cash shop, BDO will not have that extra revenue.

And if we're being honest, in 2013 and 2014, when GW2 didn't have any DLC to introduce and a population that was dwindling due to it's lack of content, they weren't doing very well financially in comparison to their peers. Sure they were "ok", but if you want to put them up as an example of a good system for a game company to emulate, it's really not. No executive is going to look at GW2's model over other games because GW2 simply does not make enough money compared to other games when it's not releasing extremely overpriced expansion packs.

Edited by Leiloni

Posted

Totally love those patch notes! The cash shop prices are absolutely okay, thaaaaaanks Daum!

Keep up the good work!

1 person likes this

Posted

Disappointed.  I bought the conquerors pre-order because I had faith that my purchase to play the game would equal fair prices in the cash shop.  By putting out what is being perceived as offensive pricing in the cash shop you are only hurting your game and the community.  How should this affect my faith and trust in the developers for the future of the cash shop when this seems like such a cash grab?  What other poor choices will be made towards the cash shop?  Previously, I was skeptical of the cash shop but had full faith due to the Buy-to-play model and comments made by the devs.  Now I am conflicted.  To even attempt this money grab deteriorates my faith in the future of the game.

Alright, let me get this straight. The conqueror's package isn't worth the money you paid? Let's break it down... 10x Furniture pieces = $25, 10x unknown dyes = $4, Appearance Change Coupon = $8, 10 Partial Skill Resets = $10, Perm. Horse Whistle = $15, Pet = $11 (Whoever wouldn't choose the eagle from the package itself is dumb as hell), $25 of Pearls, 3x Character Slots = $18, Exclusive Costume + Weapon = $32, Game = $30. Add that all up individually you'd have to pay $178... Tell me again how the conqueror's package isn't a steal.

The level cap has been increased from 50 to 55.

Does that mean Media territory and sea already open?

No, Media will not be at launch.

kr ourfit 860 pers ru outfit 1500-1900 na/eu 3200......im not gonna even bother after i have bought 100$ on the game

Yes, but "860" (don't know if that's the actual number for it in KR) Pearls in KR =  $45+ USD.

Posted

15 for without weaps. 20 with! and 5 dollars a pet sounds amazing.
What we have right now looks really thirsty.

This, i will be more inclined to buy multiple costumes and upgrade pets tiers with these prices.

Posted

For a F2P this game is a little over the average but as a B2P game like ESO/GW2 the prices are almost double what they should be.

True but again it just costumes. I wouldn't mind paying $20 for a costume I like. I usually never buy costumes in any mmo anyways just pets and mounts is my thing. Think of it this way if they see little to no sale in costumes they will drop the prices no need to flip tables over. Patience is key.

Posted

well on the bright side at least they -----ed this game up before it launched unlike like what archeage did and wait a few months.

Posted

You do realize this tactic is illegal in EU regions correct?

It should, yet everyone does this, everywhere

Posted

This, i will be more inclined to buy multiple costumes and upgrade pets tiers with these prices.

Sound perfect, sounds like a dream.

Posted (edited)

i regret buying that 100$ package for those pearls, i thought "well 2500 pearls i might buy some good stuff" after taking a look to prices 2500 pearls are nothing

Edited by Ban Hammer

Posted (edited)

I respect the facts displayed here but at the same time it just makes this worse for me, as neither of those games were attractive to me for those very same pricing models. I blame myself as an eager consumer for pre-ordering too quickly.

Well I don't disagree with you there, but the difference here is two major points:

1. The items in this cash shop are much more acceptable than those games

2. The cash shop here is account bound so you can't use it to make in game gold

For those reasons I find it to be one of the better cash shops around.

Edited by Leiloni

Posted (edited)

For me, this is pretty bad.  The pets being 9$? That's fine by me, considering what all they do (possible exp bonuses, +luck, auto loot).  You won't be able to spam buy them to breed tier 3, but meh.

Costumes though, costumes is very very bad in pricing. 32$ for a full set?  That is far too high, least in my opinion.  With the prices set that high, I will DEFINITELY have to pick and choose what costumes I buy, instead of the loose buying that I had planned if the costumes were at a 15-20$ pricepoint.  Even the HORSE costumes are incredibly high in price, far higher than what I expected them to be.  Very much starting to regret spending the money for a Conquerors pack when the pearls you get with it are devalued so much.

Please lower the prices on cash shop Daum.  You'll be making a very big mistake if you don't.

Oh, and all those people quoting newgameway for prices for KR version?  You DO know they mark up the prices since they take a cut out of what you pay right?  Its not a straight trade across, since they are acting as a middle man.  They take there cut on top of what you actually pay for, so the pearl prices are actually lower than what you see on NGW for pearls on KR side.

Edited by Cervani

Posted

Except Guild Wars 2 has two other income methods that BDO does not:

1. Paid DLC's that cost as much as the original game for far less content

2. Currency exchange, meaning players will spend more on the cash shop in order to earn in game gold. With a character/account bound cash shop, BDO will not have that extra revenue.

And if we're being honest, in 2013 and 2014, when GW2 didn't have any DLC to introduce and a population that was dwindling due to it's lack of content, they weren't doing very well financially in comparison to their peers. Sure they were "ok", but if you want to put them up as an example of a good system for a game company to emulate, it's really not. No executive is going to look at GW2's model over other games because GW2 simply does not make enough money compared to other games when it's not releasing extremely overpriced expansion packs.

Seeing you defend a company trying to gouge their consumers is really disappointing. You should stop. There is no acceptable excuse for these prices. If they expect us to pay these absurd prices then they better make this game F2P. Because if I'm already paying just to play the game I'm not paying 32 dollars for a bleeding costume.

Posted (edited)

I'd pay $20 for a full costume set, i'd pay $5 to $8 for a pet, but those prices right now, considering we previously had to pay the game to actually play in the first place, are way way way too high.

I agree with everything but costume prices. $15-$20 is what I expect the market will bear. Pet prices I predicted would be $10, so its a little cheaper than expected. I do believe though if they were to charge a more reasonable price, they would sell quite a few more. I could see myself buying one a month (basically the price of a sub), but at those prices I think people or going to either focus on other areas of the cash shop, or buy a single costume for their main character, and that's it. Perhaps the plan is to give frequent sales to encourage snap purchases, but I'd still like to see a lower price. Everything else seems fair.

Edited by Griffin
clarification

Posted

I considered getting a refund for my 100€ version of the game but just noticed I only have 14 days to do that... And I bought the game on 3rd of February... So yeah. But I'm not going to spend a single Euro on the shop if the prices don't change!

And that's coming from a girl who bought EVERY costume in GW2 and spent quite a bit of money for cosmetics there. I am willing to buy stuff. But not at that price.

Posted

Players who had initially purchased the game were compensated with exclusive in-game items, so no its not comparable at all.

We're also getting a ton of exclusive items for purchasing BDO, so what's your point?

Posted

Alright, let me get this straight. The conqueror's package isn't worth the money you paid? Let's break it down... 10x Furniture pieces = $25, 10x unknown dyes = $4, Appearance Change Coupon = $8, 10 Partial Skill Resets = $10, Perm. Horse Whistle = $15, Pet = $11 (Whoever wouldn't choose the eagle from the package itself is dumb as hell), $25 of Pearls, 3x Character Slots = $18, Exclusive Costume + Weapon = $32, Game = $30. Add that all up individually you'd have to pay $178... Tell me again how the conqueror's package isn't a steal.

Inflated cash shop prices does not a good deal make.

Posted

You can buy pet feed from stables hands and even craft it.

250$? 4 pets? Max is three until they release penguin and fox anyways. Now let's get back to math. If my understanding of pet breeding is correct, breeding 2 tier 1 pets both lv10 will guarantee you a tier 2 pet and have a chance at a tier 3. Same with tier 2 lv10 to tier 3. $9x4x3=$108 dollars maximum for 3 tier 3 pets. Minimum of $54. Then again, why would you bother spending that much for 2 seconds faster loot times anyways?

$100 for inventory and weight? You can (as far as i'm aware) only buy one of each per character. That's $43.50 per character.

Assuming you get the weapon + costume together and go with dual color scheme at max you'll spend $88 for 2 complete sets.

Add that up you have between $185.50 and $239.50, not $450; and you'll probably never need to spend anything else ever again. I myself am happy with the conqueror's costume and weapon, so i won't need any other costume. Therefore, i'll be spending around $50-$55 dollars one time at launch + the $25 from the conqueror's package and never touch the cash shop again until i have a t8 horse and/or need to reset any skills.

Read above.

Also understand you don't have to max out everything right out of the gate.  In MMOs with subs, you slowly earned more inventory space and other quality of life features.  The problem with F2P and B2P, people see them in the cash shop and want to max out their characters at level 1.  So yes, it looks crazy expensive but spread out over months and years, not as bad (still bad but not as insane).  But that's the hook of cash shops.  It tempts you to get everything right away.

This is why I don't particularly like F2P and B2P models.  To truly enjoy the game, you end up spending more money than a sub.

Posted

*probably good to note that (in blade and soul at least) 80% - 90% of the costumes are obtainable in game though effort, and you can make your weapon look like any that you pick up in the game.

*tera use to do kinda the same thing where you could make armor look like other armor you picked up, but uh...they kinda got rid of that. fashion coupons took over, and it works out well enough.

*in both cases these games give you a good way to look good without throwing your money at them. options at least.

Yes but both of those games are P2W in multiple ways. BDO is not. I'll take the latter any day. Freeing a game of P2W elements comes with a price, and if that means I need to occasionally buy an awesome looking costume, then I'm ok with that. I was buying costumes in TERA anyway so it's no different here, except now I don't have to worry about P2W bullshit.