• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

CBT2 Patch Notes

1,331 posts in this topic

Posted

Watching the " My hype is gone, refund plz " and " these prices are ridiculous " posts are very enlightening to the bigger picture at hand here. Less cry babies ingame means more serious players to play with. If you have a job, who cares about a $32 purchase. I know I dont. Has nothing to do with " oh you haz no clue how to be financially responsible ". Its a game. Who literally thinks about saving money when it comes to making game/ingame purchases? I mean seriously. If money is that tight for you to where you complain about a simple $32 purchase, then stop going out to eat. Pretty sure if you did that, you could afford this. Too easy right?

Those "cry babies" are smart consumers who know when they're being ripped off. You on the other hand, are why companies can do things like this. Mindless sheep who will pay 32$ for shiny, pixelated underwear for their digital dream girl.

Posted

Not sure why you feel bad, as it was pointed out it is a hobby. On top of that, if you haven't done either of the tests and it is still within the parameters yeah you can get one. If outside the parameters, well you can try, but the information was readily available for a long time. Feeling bad about an online game that hasn't even been soft-launched for our market yet seems a little silly to me.

I don't feel bad because of anything I did. I feel bad because I expected better when it isn't a free to play game.
I know the refund policy very well, I read it. In fact, it is because of the policy they have that I can't "wait and see" because you have to request it within 14 days, this is my day 13 (intentionally chosen because I wanted that one day between CBT2 start and end of refund possibility)

Posted (edited)

Watching the " My hype is gone, refund plz " and " these prices are ridiculous " posts are very enlightening to the bigger picture at hand here. Less cry babies ingame means more serious players to play with. If you have a job, who cares about a $32 purchase. I know I dont. Has nothing to do with " oh you haz no clue how to be financially responsible ". Its a game. Who literally thinks about saving money when it comes to making game/ingame purchases? I mean seriously. If money is that tight for you to where you complain about a simple $32 purchase, then stop going out to eat. Pretty sure if you did that, you could afford this. Too easy right?

32 for costume
9 for 1pet ( u want 4 x t3 pets ... if u are unlucky plx pay 12x9bucks)
u want mor Slots + LT .. buy them .. ohw u are just waiting for the classes they arnt realesed yet ? well then buy the stuff again if they are ralesed cuz its just for a char not acc ... ohw wait that´s for the costumes too :o!!!
u want the right horse skills? cmon .. gamble 10 times for you skill each 5bucks per try ....

Edited by Tanades
1 person likes this

Posted

More affordable pricing leads to more people buying cash shop items = more people have incentive to play longer as they've put extra money into it = more stuff bought as new stuff comes out and/or people want the conveniences as they play longer = more money for daum and more happy players playing the game.

I think $5 per pet and $10-15 per costume set would do extremely well.

Posted

yes paying 32 dollars once would be fine, but what if you want multiple costumes for multiple characters, that is where the price adds up buddy, its an uncomfortable number when you think about it, no matter how much money you make, use your noggin :P

Posted

I'll just echo what most people have said here...

Just use a basic flagging system for now until there's a completed system ready to be deployed. Putting in these rushed, heavy-handed punishments for PvPers (I'm looking at that enchantment loss) isn't a very appealing option in the interim.

The heavy handed punishment is for solo pvpers who attack other players as a bandit would. Guild wars do not have the same punishments. I know the point you are making is that the punishments seem too high, but don't forget that there are other ways of pvping in this game.

Posted

Are we sure the exchange rate will be 1 euro for 100 pearls?

Posted

All nice and jolly,and let the race begin, but... As many have mentioned already, cash shop prices do seem a tad steep, in general.

Well, to stay "competitive" and perhaps "fashionable" too, you probably need to cough up something like 100-200 Euros, on those "extras". I guess you can still play without any of that, kinda like a "free player". Might be OK, but still it looks to me somewhat overpriced. Sure I suppose these aren't final prices yet, hoping they will review the whole thing for Release in a couple of weeks.

Posted

Pagely reminder that enchantment loss on death, regardless of the circumstances, is a bad mechanic and should not exist.

Posted (edited)

do you some how think 48.18 or 53.69 if its EU pricing converted into New Zealand Dollar is worth a digital item because thats what ill have to be paying if i want a full costume yes they are optional and i dont have to get one to enjoy the game but it seems a little bit weird on the pricing of some of the items and thats why myself and others are voicing our concerns with the current prices. and yes this is CBT so things can change and nothing is set in stone yet

Edited by AhanaX

Posted

This is pretty simple Psychology :)

The higher they put the prices the happier you guys will be, when they lower them in the future ;)

Posted

Are we sure the exchange rate will be 1 euro for 100 pearls?

2,500 Pearls ($25 / €25 Value)

Posted

Explain how they are inflated and even if they were; you paid $100 for nearly $200 dollars worth of stuff.

Who said I paid €100?

Explain this logic behind your comparison with the cash shop prices, if they were 5x as expensive, would you say it's a mega good deal and everyone should buy the €100 package, because it's such a good deal?

You seem like the kind of person who falls for "CRAZY DISCOUNT WEEKS" in stores where things are 50% off when in reality they just dishonestly advertise the non-discounted prices higher than they were.

Posted

BNS has pretty much the right model when it comes to Cash Shop prices, with it being not too low or too high. Most costumes cost between $10 and $15, with some at $20-25. The pricing for our version looks close, but still high. I can see pricing of this sort in a F2P game like Dragon Nest (where all costume sets including weapon are about $30), but not so much in a B2P game..

<snip>

BnS is F2P. Why does BDO, a B2P game, have more expensive costumes?

We got the shaft.

Posted

So Crystals are still going to break on EU, well thats a kick in the Balls.

Posted

I don't feel bad because of anything I did. I feel bad because I expected better when it isn't a free to play game.I know the refund policy very well, I read it. In fact, it is because of the policy they have that I can't "wait and see" because you have to request it within 14 days, this is my day 13 (intentionally chosen because I wanted that one day between CBT2 start and end of refund possibility)

Well I suppose you are set then. As for feeling bad because of something you did, my statement was not meant to imply that, only that feeling bad over something like this game seems to me, personally, a little silly. Or rather, I don't see the point in feeling 'bad' about it. Regardless your feeling are your business.

Posted

$32.00 for a complete costume seems like a bartering tactic.  After all the complaining, they will lower it to 25.00 or something and everybody will thank them because they think they are listening to their complaints about the prices. The reality is that they probably already had the price in mind that they were willing to accept from the beginning.  Just speculation of course.  =D

$25 still too expensive.

Posted

OMG these prices....

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Posted

While I am with you on the point of, I will buy somethings here, and people are being seriously over dramatic about the prices.  Honestly I am sure I would find myself buying far more if the cost was lower per item.  As a business model they don't want the cost come across as a "choose one" model when competing with dinners out since most people will simply play something else or buy nothing as opposed to paying a price that is way higher than they are accustom to paying.  Problem is that while other things have more than doubled in price since 2000, video game prices haven't and they need to go up to encourage higher quality games with better features.  A game with open world mass battles at its core like this one needs to encourage as strong of a community as possible to keep competition high between several guilds for control of regions, and alienating people based on cash shop prices isn't a good way to do that.  

As far as people having issues with comparing what real life things you can buy for the price of an in game item I would simply remind you that as a gamer, most of you probably have at least double the hardware investment cost in your gaming rigs to play games like this and many of us have more than 10x the cost of a basic pc invested.  Gaming has never been cheap, but it has not seen a hike in prices in some time and it is due for one soon, perhaps now.  If you think the prices are too high then definitely say so, and fill out your surveys at end of CBT 2, but predictions of dead games and rip just end any serious interest in the rest of the opinion you are attempting to express.

Posted

xg1nxvw9.thumb.png.20dcd355e1c1cace86b28

It happened.

^This

Posted

No upkeep for Guild wars? Mass legalised griefing incoming.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont think they have mentioned what the ratio of pearls to money is. Yall are only assuming that the price is the same.

Yes they did, the Conquer's pack gives you $25 worth of pearls (2,500).

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/preorder/

Posted

I feel like prize are a little to much but well ok i guess, not gonna take all what i want for now at least ...

Posted

BnS is F2P. Why does BDO, a B2P game, have more expensive costumes?

We got the shaft.

BnS is also like 3 years older than this game, it needed to be free because not enough people in this market would have paid for it given how late it got here and costume prices are only the tip of the iceberg there since you have to have a monthly sub to have a place to store the cheaper outfits. Not saying it is a bad game but it will likely not out last the newer generation of games coming our way and if it had been B2P this far after it's release in the rest of the world the NA market would have likely ignored it.

Posted

No upkeep for Guild wars? Mass legalised griefing incoming.

Haha, well the way around that is to make a clan and not upgrade to a guild it seems. Gives more legitimacy to mercenary life for players as a way to enjoy the game then I've seen in other games.