• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey folks,

Let's get right to it! BDO has lot's of content... Hiding somewhere behind lot's and lot's of boring NPC talk.  And everybody knows there is lore and story behind the setting of BDO but it just doesn't show, you have to actively search for it.

And as most of us will agree upon, long searching for the lore and story in an MMORPG-sandbox doesn't actually help players to bond with the world.  The motto of "The New World" is quiet cynical: "A world every player can call it's home" but what does that "home" mean, when you don't have a clue on what's going on in the world?  I value the efforts of the devs for updating this game in an insane fast way, I do, but they should focus on more than just new area's and awakenings...

The feeling I have amongst many other players is that you can do like a lot of things in BDO but there is no point in doing them unless you want to be the best crafter, do endless pvp, grinding mobs, have the best gear, reach way beyond your awakening.... A lot of those listed things you can do in other games, games that are too superficial.

I have some ideas/concepts that might make players bond more with the BDO world:

1. A lot of NPC's are too stationairy is one of the first problems I want to tackle. I know it is quiet demanding of pc's but please make NPC's do more than just wave or some emote, let them walk around, carry out their jobs, "talk to other NPC's. I know there are NPC's who already travel and do other "tasks" but not quiet enough. Look at skyrim, for example that maid at the forge, in the noon she was forgeing weapons, at another point in the day she was in her shop, at night in her bed,.... Or the witcher for example, with it's breathing world, NPC's do stuff, they have emotions  and interesting conversations with other NPC's,...
  2. A second improvement would be more and better cut-scenes, even for side quests. In the beginning of the game there should be more explanation about the black desert (I didn't know why this game was called black desert until the valencia update came out... And still it's a weird name but that's off topic). Cut-scenes help the players to understand why they must do there quests, what's going on in the world, what bad guys there are or wich wars there are spreading across the land. In side-quests it would be nice since some NPC's their stories will capture you and you know why you do that stuff, instead of reading every (boring) dialogue or book to get a grasp of what's going on. Cut-scenes would clarify why goblins are at a certain location and attacking those villages and cities, why you have a blackspirit folowing you what it's purpose is and if has a secret agenda or not, is that spirit evil or good for you who knows.... And yes there are people who will know the explanation for these questions, but frankly, as a player you shouldn't have to search for everything you want to know aka knowledge system...
  3. More and better dynamic events, look at Guild Wars 2 (and for some aspects to WoW and Diablo III) not the greatest game(s) in my opinion but what I did like about the game(s) is the fact that there were dynamic events on a massive scale. Not just some world bosses spawning twice a day or some whale ready to be hunted. But actually mobs attacking  villages, dosens of raids through high level area's, mob elite hunting parties on the road that "terrorize" the lands and you had to kill them to "free" the NPC's of the danger.
  4. MOST IMPORTANT: Tell a better story and make it more visible/highligted. Entice players in the BDO world to become the hero or villain what they want to be, help them to create their own story with unique expierences but try to maintain a red line in the story. The story should tell what the "black" desert is, the danger of the black spirits, where your class comes from, why your soul is linked with a black spirit, what goals you should try to achieve  (like killing a bad guys, evil mobs,...). The BDO devs will bring the players new domains/realms/area's but what is going on there, what is the story behind those new landmasse's, are there new bad guys (like sorcerers, necromancers, dragons) players need to kill to "complete" the story of those new area's? 

That being said, I hope the devs will notice this post and take their time to think about what's being said here. If they do, and they implement it in the game in a right way => then I am certain that players will bond more with the world; there will come a massive amount of new players to BDO because then there is finnaly an MMO who really differentiates itself from others by creating a gameworld where players can dive into and lose themselves, following a good story line instead of what other MMO's do ( => killing mobs = the entire game).

~ Peace Bcit out

Edited by Bcit
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I couldn't agree more, there appears to be a ton of lore and quest content, but at the moment I'm just running through a town, talking to every NPC in that town, skipping all conversations after reading the first sentence. I'm sorry, but plain text just doesn't cut it.. 

I also like the idea of NPCs in towns walking around, based on a timeline this could be really nice. It'd be really cool to encounter Deve the Storage Keeper in the pub in Altinova at night. 

Man, I remember my endless distractions in Guild Wars 2, fighting off centaurs as they were taking over a town, or protecting a cart being transported. Random events and dynamic wars between the NPC factions is something BDO really lacks. Harpies attacking some node non stop isn't what we're looking for.

These are improvements I'd be so thrilled to see it make to the game, it'd keep my busy for hours and hours of gameplay straight.

A huge thanks to the developers, BDO is still the absolute MMO top, and that with free DLC and regular updates. Keep up the good work! 

And thanks to my good friend Bcit for verbalizing my thoughts, and for the hours of great BDO gameplay together :) (which in reality means hours of sausan grinding :p)

- Wolf out

Edited by Woulfos
1 person likes this

Posted

You're comparing against 10+ years...

Posted

Apples and Oranges, really. BDO is a Korean grinder and it won't change much from there.

What I am happy about is that it offers a lot more RP tools than most of the games that get released these days.

I would kill for a combination of GW2 and BDO.

• Graphics quality from BDO
  • Character face and body customization from BDO
  • Armor/dye customization from GW2
  • Class/weapon combinations from GW2
  • Combat system from BDO
  • Dynamic events, leveling, scaling and gear progression from GW2
  • Seamless open world with weather and night/day cycle from BDO
  • Emotes, sitting, leaning, etc. from BDO
  • Guild wars / dueling / etc. from BDO

Add to that the ability to place furniture (temporarily) in the open world, the ability to trade zero-worth items like letters/book/mundane "quest" items and a consent-only PvP server and I'd be in heaven.

1 person likes this

Posted

@Thomas Gore awakening/second form of BDO

and hell lets throw in some other cool shit from other RPGs and MMOs

boss fights of dragons dogma online

weapon ambigoning of bloodborne to go along with the class and weapon mix

switchable classes of Dragons dogma

Posted

Install a s.exy villian like Illidan :> 

Posted

i want to be able to punch my black spirit for failing an enchant

2 people like this

Posted

I really do have to agree with the cutscenes..I'm a 3D artist and animation is my forte and just looking at majority of the animations, and animated NPCs makes me cringe big time. Animation is about bringing the characters to life, but when watching the cutscenes and looking at the characters it's highly lacking... Also the camera animation is bit too rough and pretty weird. 

I have to admit I am new, but I'm surprised that BDO doesn't have a craft for creating weapons and armour, I find that to be somewhat lacking. (if you know why BDO doesn't have this please reply).

Back to the topic of Animation I'm suprised that it's lacking in some areas since Koreans are pretty well known for their amazing animations.

-Momo~~~

Posted

I really do have to agree with the cutscenes..I'm a 3D artist and animation is my forte and just looking at majority of the animations, and animated NPCs makes me cringe big time. Animation is about bringing the characters to life, but when watching the cutscenes and looking at the characters it's highly lacking... Also the camera animation is bit too rough and pretty weird. 

I have to admit I am new, but I'm surprised that BDO doesn't have a craft for creating weapons and armour, I find that to be somewhat lacking. (if you know why BDO doesn't have this please reply).

Back to the topic of Animation I'm suprised that it's lacking in some areas since Koreans are pretty well known for their amazing animations.

-Momo~~~

In BDO all non-consumables are crafted by your workers. The only things you can craft yourself are consumables like food and alchemy products. However, you will need to process and/or craft some parts yourself, so it's kind of co-operating with your workers.

1 person likes this

Posted

The main thing which is lacking in BDO, imho, is meaningful group content besides node- and siegewars. No I don't count grinding mobs in a group as group content. 

Posted

Usually whenever a game tries to be a WoW-killer it fails miseribly, Rift/ESO/etc - and the suggestions you made make zero sense for the community of BDO.

First of all WoW has long moved on from it's roots, it's a game now that has very appealing gameplay to the casual crowd. BDO is quite the opposite, if you want to be competitive in BDO, see a fragment of end-game content, you need to dedicate a lot of time to the game, you need to be a hardcore player. What do hardcore player's care the lease for? Lore. Im pretty sure most hardcore BDO players don't give a rats ass about cut-scenes. 

I played WoW for nearly 8 years and not once did i give a shit about it's lore or cut scenes and i raided at the top level.

1. More and better dynamic events, look at Guild Wars 2 (and for some aspects to WoW and Diablo III) not the greatest game(s) in my opinion but what I did like about the game(s) is the fact that there were dynamic events on a massive scale. Not just some world bosses spawning twice a day or some whale ready to be hunted. But actually mobs attacking  villages, dosens of raids through high level area's, mob elite hunting parties on the road that "terrorize" the lands and you had to kill them to "free" the NPC's of the danger.

That never happened in WoW. And i believe BDO has more dynamic events than any of the games you listed.

and lastly stop comparing BDO to WoW - they are two completely different games.

•  

Posted (edited)

-Momo~~~

In BDO all non-consumables are crafted by your workers. The only things you can craft yourself are consumables like food and alchemy products. However, you will need to process and/or craft some parts yourself, so it's kind of co-operating with your workers.

To add on to that, you're going to need to increase your contribution points in order to effectively hire workers and obtain the buildings/work spces in which these non-consumables are to be crafted, and if you don't want to have the halul everything (the materials) to those locaitons yourself, or need to have workers that you've stationed in other towns travel to the town in which your workspace is located in you're also going to need to connect those nodes. Word of advice study the resources and prices of each node before you just connect them willy nilly as you may find connecting in a certain path to yeild more diverse resources and be cost effective to your contribution points. It's a complex system when you first get into it but a relatively simple one once you get the hang of it.

side note: since the nodes also supply you with resources it goes without saying that connecting them would allow your workers to travel to those node to gether the materials needed to gather those things. still doing some gathering yourself while also having your worker do so is quite rewarding and relaxing in game. especially since some of the locations in which you obtain said materials are located in gorgeous peaceful areas in which you can watch the sunrise/sunset on the horizon.

Makes me want to go gather more pine sap for the boat that took me nearly a month to make the first time around.

Edited by Ralix Tanner

Posted (edited)

i want to be able to punch my black spirit for failing an enchant

xD

What needs to be added is tier restricted PvP. It will give people who do not have the best of armor the chance to PvP.

Edited by 0cean