• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dark Knight releasing soon, male counterpart being "considered"

Another Gender-Locked Class   630 votes

1. 1. Would you like to see a male Dark Elf/Knight?

• Yes, enough with the gender-locking.
    • No, I'm fine with gender-locked classes.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

183 posts in this topic

Posted

And your problem is . . . . . . .?????

lol

I'm not 15, but it's certainly more pleasurable to watch the butt of a female for 10 hours+ a day than a male imo.

That overused excuse ...

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

That overused excuse ...

Sometimes the simplest explanation is best.

It's not really an excuse. No one should have to justify their choices in a video game. (the exception to this would be when your actions have direct negative impacts on others, I don't think this qualifies)

Edited by Luciferia

Posted

male dark knight

no.

16f10b6a9f.png

Posted

if i dont see a damn male version of this dark night/elf... i think its the end for me here.

1 person likes this

Posted

if i dont see a damn male version of this dark night/elf... i think its the end for me here.

Tell that to the players who believe no one likes to play male classes.

Yeah, funny thing is that Scarlet Blade eventually added a male class too because a lot of people over there asked for it.

loool, didn't even know about that. Even in a game of females only, male classes were still wanted.

Posted

I just don't get the argument to NOT have gender-less classes.

Why is it wrong for a player to want to play their gender or the opposite of their gender? WHY DO YOU -----ING CARE?! Options, people, options.

On the flip side, some of these classes should be gender-locked due to the lore of that class (ie Valkyries). But in those cases I would go the extra mile (kilometer) and make a male version with in that society that adopts the male patron gods as their source of power (think this game has multiple gods...don't really know, kinda didn't pay attention to the story. :P )

Gendered:

Valks (male: Fist of Eileon?? -- Gotta fish on this one), Witches (male: Warlocks), Tamer (male: beast master), Ranger (male: Archer --where is it?!), Kuno (male: Ninja), Maewha (male: Bladder)

Gender-less:

Warrior, Berserker, Wizard (pretty sure Harry Potter establishes this as genderless!!)

...don't think I missed anyone??

It's like they started out making gendered classes, realized the mistake, and started making counter parts. But up and forgot to create counter parts to the 'basic classes'. No...Valk is NOT the counter of Warrior. May seem like it, but it's not. It 'feels' more caster than melee-fighter. Kind of like Sorc, but with a shield. And Berserker...has zero; as in not even up for debate...unless it's suppose to be Tamer, in which case, "lolwut?".

NOTE: Part of my 'counter of' is using the same type of magic. This is why I won't say Witch is the counter of Wizard. Typically, Wizards would use the arcane, while witches would use either druidic (Wicca style) or the 'Dark Arts'. So...Witch isn't a counter and Sorc is melee-magic so...ya.

1 person likes this

Posted

Was so looking forward to Dark Elf (officially Dark Knight now) then they said they were gender locking it and for me was final straw. Will not play that class and as such will spend no money on pearl shop items for that class. I've enjoyed Wizard and have happily spent money on my character, but this gender locking is becoming bullsh*t

I will not play this class and my wallet will remain closed until they give us a male version !

>:(

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

BDO was the first feminist MMO almost all the best classes are women 

feminist and having something majority female are completely separate ideas... playboy has a s**t ton of pictures of naked women but that is not feminist....

EDIT: read it slightly different but still.... lol

Edited by Naberios
2 people like this

Posted

feminist and having something majority female are completely separate ideas... playboy has a s**t ton of pictures of naked women but that is not feminist....

EDIT: read it slightly different but still.... lol

it was more a tounge in check joke then a serious statement 

Posted

BDO was the first feminist MMO almost all the best classes are women 

Tera: Reaper [Locked to the female-only Elin race, who are Lolis], Arcane Gunner [locked to female High Elf and female Castanic], Brawler [locked to female Human] and Ninja [locked again to the Elin race].

I'm sorry, what was that about BDO being a feminist MMO because "the best classes are women"?

Posted

Tera: Reaper [Locked to the female-only Elin race, who are Lolis], Arcane Gunner [locked to female High Elf and female Castanic], Brawler [locked to female Human] and Ninja [locked again to the Elin race].

I'm sorry, what was that about BDO being a feminist MMO because "the best classes are women"?

lolis aren't a pro feminist race they literally make all women children? What women wants to be veiwed as a child?

therefore tera is 2 times less feminist then BDO

Posted

lolis aren't a pro feminist race they literally make all women children? What women wants to be veiwed as a child?

therefore tera is 2 times less feminist then BDO

I only mentioned they were lolis to state that fact, not that it had anything to do with feminism.

It doesn't change the fact the Elin are female and have 2 unique classes.

Posted

it was more a tounge in check joke then a serious statement 

i think in general mmo still hasnt come out of the "stereotype" sexy women classes from the past decade or something... female characters in first person games such as the last of us, tomb raider (recent) and dishonored 2 are the kinda i want to see more in mmorpgs....

Posted

PA needs to stop genderlocking and STOP making these "counterpart" classes, its creating obvious problems. witch and wizard were great. exactly the same JUST HOW WE WANT IT. No sane person wants genderlocking, especially when the entire -----ing point is unique animations and unique modelling. We are getting none of that with Dark Knight so what's the point?

1 person likes this

Posted

Uh btw, we haven't even gotten the lore of the Dark Knight yet. Why are you spazzing out? :( You don't even know if something happened to the males in the story! Same went with sorcerer no males, because it fit with the lore that they were extremely rare. Wizards learned spells old and witches are seen as youthful and energetic letting them learn magic young. We don't know their story yet so why complain! It's like complaining about something that we probably don't know why they have no videos yet!

Posted

i think in general mmo still hasnt come out of the "stereotype" sexy women classes from the past decade or something... female characters in first person games such as the last of us, tomb raider (recent) and dishonored 2 are the kinda i want to see more in mmorpgs....

The new tomb raider was first person?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Uh btw, we haven't even gotten the lore of the Dark Knight yet. Why are you spazzing out? :( You don't even know if something happened to the males in the story! Same went with sorcerer no males, because it fit with the lore that they were extremely rare. Wizards learned spells old and witches are seen as youthful and energetic letting them learn magic young. We don't know their story yet so why complain! It's like complaining about something that we probably don't know why they have no videos yet!

STOP SPEWING FAN MADE LORE FROM BLACK-DESERT.COM. ITS WRONG AND BULLSHIT AS SHOWN BY TARIF HAVING TONS OF MALE SORCS.

also the wizard's age nor the witch's have any bearing on anything. women are not inherently more magical than men in bdo. K thnks bye.

If you want to actually learn lore. go to bdatabase.net and skimp through the knowledge section. or go to blackdesertroleplayers.com and read their lore section.

OR talk to @Maevynn

He knows everything lore related in bdo you could know.

Edited by Blademaster1215
3 people like this

Posted

STOP SPEWING FAN MADE LORE FROM BLACK-DESERT.COM. ITS WRONG AND BULLSHIT AS SHOWN BY TARIF HAVING TONS OF MALE SORCS.

also the wizard's age nor the witch's have any bearing on anything. women are not inherently more magical than men in bdo. K thnks bye.

If you want to actually learn lore. go to bdatabase.net and skimp through the knowledge section. or go to blackdesertroleplayers.com and read their lore section.

OR talk to @Maevynn

He knows everything lore related in bdo you could know.

Well, that, and "lore" is just another word for excuse.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well, that, and "lore" is just another word for excuse.

Agreed. Lore is all good and well, but using it to justify things like a single-gendered race is just laziness imo. We saw it with Elins in TERA, and your only other option for small and cute, if thats your thing, was Poporis or wtv the fk theyre called. What the shit? Im not one to play lolis, but id be quite upset if i wanted to play a male loli (is that what you call it?) but instead could only play as a fking panda.

Edited by Exayn
1 person likes this

Posted

Where my Elven brothers at??

The elves are like the Asari from Mass effect, all female and able to mate with any race it seems and with either gender.

Posted

Everyone fighting over boring mammal smooth-skins when you should be fighting for this.

7QkJRYA.png

I been saying Beast man since day one.. it will always be a dream :<

1 person likes this

Posted

Go on this board or the BDO reddit and do a search for the word, "waifu" and see how many times it pops up.  That is their audience.  

It's only a matter of time before BDO becomes another TERA.  

Posted (edited)

I love my sorc, but I really hope they go above and beyond if they ever get to creating a male sorc. Like most badass class ever in BDO kinda job. I typically play Female classes not just because girls are kewwwl, BUT because typically they are more pleasing to play both athletically and combat wise. I think alot of people come to a similar conclusion, most Male classes are just very brutish? Not enough finesse or style, just simple and straight forward with very little dimensions to immerse yourself in. Bad enough ,male characters typically suffer in that their cash costumes are not diverse enough to compete with the boob exposing, ab and ass flashing females. Need a flashy badass male character, that deals big damage and makes you feel like you just styled on fools. NINJA COMES CLOSE but I wanna see them go the extra mile man, it's been a long time coming.

Edited by Nexius
1 person likes this

Posted

Stop with Gender war.. Gender are useless.

BDO not have male/female logic. Witch is not a Wizard  thier awakeming gameplay are completly différent. same for Ninja/kuno and Mawhew/Musa.

BDO is like vindictus,and Moba ,you play a Hero/Elected Character.

95% of all mmo player prefer play a female character. this is a fact.

Create a male is waste thier money and thier time.

Posted (edited)

Stop with Gender war.. Gender are useless.

BDO not have male/female logic. Witch is not a Wizard  thier awakeming gameplay are completly différent. same for Ninja/kuno and Mawhew/Musa.

BDO is like vindictus,and Moba ,you play a Hero/Elected Character.

95% of all mmo player prefer play a female character. this is a fact.

Create a male is waste thier money and thier time.

Let me just put this out there for you naive minds. Most female classes wouldnt be as mechanically interesting/powerful as they are if sex didn't sell. The characters kit design and creation itself is a marketing tool. Just saying.

Edited by Nexius