• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

help with accessibility

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello,

I have been playing since the game started and being an older player with arthritis I am struggling with alot of the key combos to do most of the moves. I know that we are not allowed to use  mods, or keybindings to control the moves. but is there anything to help people like me? in other games i can mod or map things to my mouse or fewer keys which allows me to play. i have a ranger and cant even use my awakening because of the key moves required, as it is i struggle to use even shotgun, and on most my toons using black spirit rage is almost never done because i cant get my fingers to hit it right (like the ones i can quickslot).

Thx in advance for any advice

Posted

Step 1: Use a controller

Step 2: Reroll warrior

Step 3: Bind Grave Digging to one button on your controller

Step 4: Hold down said button

Step 5: ???

Step 6: Profit

Posted

You can always record the different key strokes for a combo using Razer(or simliar) software. Than rebind it to a single key on your keyboard or mouse.

I'm sure it's a 100% violation against ToS lol. But when your choice is that or not playing the game at all, what else can you do? It's not like there's any in-game support for players with physical shortcomings, like a macro function. I mean, there's people who only plays with one hand and I'm sure whatever help tools their using is a violation as well. I however doubt anyone is going to get busted and banned for using software only to play the game normally. Unless they run around and do broken gamebreaking stuff in PvP, no one will notice :ph34r:

I also agree about ranger gameplay. I ditched mine around 56, because keeping all those keys jammed in all the time, including camera lock, it makes my hands hurt really bad :(

Posted

You can always record the different key strokes for a combo using Razer(or simliar) software. Than rebind it to a single key on your keyboard or mouse.

I'm sure it's a 100% violation against ToS lol. But when your choice is that or not playing the game at all, what else can you do? It's not like there's any in-game support for players with physical shortcomings, like a macro function. I mean, there's people who only plays with one hand and I'm sure whatever help tools their using is a violation as well. I however doubt anyone is going to get busted and banned for using software only to play the game normally. Unless they run around and do broken gamebreaking stuff in PvP, no one will notice :ph34r:

I also agree about ranger gameplay. I ditched mine around 56, because keeping all those keys jammed in all the time, including camera lock, it makes my hands hurt really bad :(

No it's not a violation. It's 100% legal to do.  Stated by BDO Customer Service.  Most people have programmable mice these days anyway. In this case it's only a keybind, which is ok because it's not a macro.  You're just using a command on another device. IE: Press #9 on keyboard for a pot ( or a skill ) VS. Press #6 on mouse for same pot ( like I do ). You're not altering the game or getting an advantage over another player as you would by creating a macro.

I love my Naga Razer! 

Posted (edited)

playing with a USB ps4 or xboxone controller would be easier for you that's for sure.
intensive keyboard strokes hurts even youngsters fingers and wrists in long-run.

Edited by Sizer

Posted (edited)

No it's not a violation. It's 100% legal to do.  Stated by BDO Customer Service.  Most people have programmable mice these days anyway. In this case it's only a keybind, which is ok because it's not a macro.  You're just using a command on another device. IE: Press #9 on keyboard for a pot ( or a skill ) VS. Press #6 on mouse for same pot ( like I do ). You're not altering the game or getting an advantage over another player as you would by creating a macro.

I love my Naga Razer! 

The official word on this was actually that it's only OK to do of the rebind does not combine multiple key presses. So a 1:1 rebind of let's say the number 6 to one of my gaming mouse's buttons is fine, but if said rebind where to include anything other than the original raw command it is against TOS. So in this case if op were to bind an entire combo to a single button that would be against TOS and a bannable offense. 

That being said it took them a long time to start detecting and taking action against rangers who were all using the same damn shotgun macro for a while there.

Edited by Blasphemia

Posted

thanks for the replies i will look into a controller, or possibly get a naga

Posted

As a disabled gamer with limited use of one hand, I would like to see some changes as well. As it is now, I can't use most of my skills. But allowing in game macro for short combos would be great. FFXIV has this built in game.

Posted (edited)

As a disabled gamer with limited use of one hand, I would like to see some changes as well. As it is now, I can't use most of my skills. But allowing in game macro for short combos would be great. FFXIV has this built in game.

ffxiv also does not use an action combat system that would be up-ened if most of it could be completely automated. If BDO allowed the un checked use of multiple imput macros it would effectively be throwing out any remaining shreds of it's combat requiring any player skill and would turn in into whoever has the best macros and hardware wins. 

If you are going to compare games at least make it an appropriate comparison.

sorry if this sounds harsh, but i highly doubt bdo's combat system was made with disabled gamers in mind, and due to its true action combat I doubt there is a feasible way to go back and change this. 

Edited by Blasphemia

Posted

Rumor has it most of the really good players are using macros.  There was another post from a GM saying that they were just fine for macroing combat macros together.

Honestly I think Kakao and company have bigger issues to worry about.

Posted

ffxiv also does not use an action combat system that would be up-ened if most of it could be completely automated. If BDO allowed the un checked use of multiple imput macros it would effectively be throwing out any remaining shreds of it's combat requiring any player skill and would turn in into whoever has the best macros and hardware wins. 

If you are going to compare games at least make it an appropriate comparison.

sorry if this sounds harsh, but i highly doubt bdo's combat system was made with disabled gamers in mind, and due to its true action combat I doubt there is a feasible way to go back and change this. 

The comparison was only to the key combos, not the entire system. Both games require several keystrokes to complete a combo attack. And the only notable difference (for me) was that FFXIV has click (tab) targeting BDO doesn't. I faced the same challenges with both games. Click targeting is actually harder for me to manage than just simply facing my target and mashing buttons.

I agree that it cannot go unchecked. There are ways to deal with it. Also, BDO was made with some disabilities in mind, like colorblindness. Just asking if there are ways to help people with issues like this, without breaking the rules.

To the OP. I use a Razer Naga and have programed the buttons to help the thumb mobility. For example 1,2,4,5 are all bound to 1 keyslot, 7,8,10,11 to another, 3,6,9 bound to Q, scroll wheel is bound to F, and 12 is bound to E. Its just making the buttons bigger so they are easier to hit. It still doesn't help with needing to press multiple things quickly though. 

Posted

The comparison was only to the key combos, not the entire system. Both games require several keystrokes to complete a combo attack. And the only notable difference (for me) was that FFXIV has click (tab) targeting BDO doesn't. I faced the same challenges with both games. Click targeting is actually harder for me to manage than just simply facing my target and mashing buttons.

I agree that it cannot go unchecked. There are ways to deal with it. Also, BDO was made with some disabilities in mind, like colorblindness. Just asking if there are ways to help people with issues like this, without breaking the rules.

To the OP. I use a Razer Naga and have programed the buttons to help the thumb mobility. For example 1,2,4,5 are all bound to 1 keyslot, 7,8,10,11 to another, 3,6,9 bound to Q, scroll wheel is bound to F, and 12 is bound to E. Its just making the buttons bigger so they are easier to hit. It still doesn't help with needing to press multiple things quickly though. 

I've played FFXIV since before ARR, in the original betas, watched Dalamud fall in the final days, the whole bit,  trust me, I know how the game works.  Fixed CD abilities on a hotbar that have their effectiveness determined by the preceding skills with a GCD for most abilities, aka the standard MMO set-up. 
BDO's combat is simply not designed for the simple inclusion of Macroing. It's supposed to be about players not only being able to evaluate a situation and react appropriately really quickly but also have enough skill to time and chain combos on the fly, part of that is overcoming the hurdle of learning all your moves and which key presses activate them, and how to cancel them into one another/execute them in orders that cycle CCs effectively. 
Allowing ppl to macro their combos would effectively skip arguably the most difficult/important part of why BDO's combat is so different (the whole hitting the right buttons at the right times in the right sequences part), which is why they don't allow it. 
That's all I'm saying. Sometimes there are ways to accommodate everyone, which is great, but to go back and ask that the Devs re-develop their combat system in such a way that caters to a small minority of their playerbase is a bit absurd to ask imo.
Again, not trying to be harsh, just speaking in frankness about this issue. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I use almost all of my action and hot bar keys on my mouse 

the mouse i use is a roccat tyon and in my left hand i use an xbox one controller for the joy stick movment (i despise keyboard play) 

https://www.hardwareheaven.com/2014/10/roccat-tyon-review/

ive binded my mouse with the following: 

E,F,Q,C,1,shift, ctrl, space, enter, esc, tab

then i have camera lock on my controller as well as another 5 or 6 hotbar keys for various things 

Posted

I have RA and my hands are so deformed I can barely type but Ill die before I stop gaming. But I suck at it because of it. I wish it was legal to macro but since its not I play super casual. /shrug  M

Posted

I'm a quadriplegic due to spinal injury. I've played WoW, GW2, AoC, SWTOR with no problems because the mentioned games allow keybindings and movement using the mouse. BDO has no equivalent mouse movement (that i could find, and i'm not referring to the click-to-target)  and the keybindings reset every time i restart the game. It's a shame because BDO looks like a cracking game.

Posted

As far as i know Rebind is okay but using macros are against the ToS.