• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dark Knight Trailer

92 posts in this topic

Posted

Want....want...WANT. Would be a great Xmas pressie with free character slot or two and it would make my Christmas.

Love the look of this...can't wait.

I wonder when it'll come to the west?

Come on K / PA make get us this class real quick...pretty please!

Oh and while your at it the male ranger too - I still can't understand why they never released him. He looked so cool.

Posted (edited)

I won't lie, it's not what I had hoped. I was hoping for a more fast paced one handed style of sword play with magic from the non dominate hand.

Something more elven and elegant.

BUT

I do like what's presented overall despite seemingly a few similarities to Maehwa. I liked Maehwa play style but something about it just didn't work for me, and overall I am fan of great swords (which let's be honest, even tho its called "long blade" She uses it like it's just a great sword despite its non costumed appearance being that of a much lighter and elegant curved elven blade that to me invokes the stylings of Orcrist (albeit longer) or other curved elven blades from LOTR. 

The video has me still excited to give her a shot and ready to try something different from my sorc. I find myself less certain of re-roll than I had previously due to her being less spell sword-ish than I'd hoped.

but if she's fun, then it's still likely I will.

Edited by Arvalo
2 people like this

Posted

IDK seems like a slow weak magic swordsmen.  I mean everything in that trailer is just meh.  All the attacks throw and split the packs.... think about that when you are trying to grind and half your moves throw the mobs out melee range lol GG.  At first I was like sorc + war wooooo.  Now im like slower weaker version of Maewha or Musa.

Super disappointed at the moment.  Hopefully it was just the video and the class is actually faster than that.  Just seems boring.

Posted

I think it looks cool. It just wasn't impressive. The trailer had more of a been there done that kind of thing going on. Looking forward to trying her out whenever she comes out in NA/EU.

Posted (edited)

I was half expecting an awakening teaser at the end of the video... Perhaps awakening video will drop tomorrow, followed by release on Thursday?

Also you guys gotta realize, that while these animations look slow, they will be much faster once attack speed is applied.

Edited by Nimalla

Posted

I was half expecting an awakening teaser at the end of the video... Perhaps awakening video will drop tomorrow, followed by release on Thursday?

Also you guys gotta realize, that while these animations look slow, they will be much faster once attack speed is applied.

Eh other class trailers and awakening trailers didn't look this slow lol.  That's just an assumption you are making.  Oh it must not have attack speed!  This is literally the only trailer ive seen where im like that is slow af.

Posted (edited)

Eh other class trailers and awakening trailers didn't look this slow lol.  That's just an assumption you are making.  Oh it must not have attack speed!  This is literally the only trailer ive seen where im like that is slow af.

All the trailers are like this. It is not an assumption. They want to use the normal speeds to show off the animations and lower dmg so they don't insta-gib mobs in 1 hit.

Edited by Nimalla

Posted

All the trailers are like this. It is not an assumption.

Based on what?  They were like okay guys all these trailers have no attack speed or anything on the characters?  I dont think so again you are making another assumption lol how do you know?  You don't.

Lets assume you are correct though, even with attack speed it is slow af compared to the others without atk speed and will be equally slow with atk speed.

Posted

To be fair, their videos are really hit or miss. Remember the first witch awakening ones that showed the pets like for a split second... In my opinion they make rather lame videos that most of the time doesn't really show how the class really plays. 

Most importantly, where's the flipping awakening information? Considering how much awakening changes play style you'd think they'd showcase that now rather than later. But, that makes sense and this company seems to lack that at times. 

Posted

Most importantly, where's the flipping awakening information? Considering how much awakening changes play style you'd think they'd showcase that now rather than later. But, that makes sense and this company seems to lack that at times. 

I am guessing that video will come out tomorrow. At least I am hoping! :D

Posted

Yeah, i'm seriously confused why this wasn't a package deal.

1 person likes this

Posted

Its just a Trailer.
slow class ? maybe atk speed at 0 ? or cast speed 0  ?
We just saw some skills of Dark Knight.
Wait & See with gameplay pvp

Posted

I like it. Neat and simple, but thats just my opinion. I wanna play her first.

The class is designed with the awakening in mind, so most likely it will be the awakening that sells the class. :) 

im wondering when awakening will be available. Thought it'd be day one but sadly not

Posted

IDK seems like a slow weak magic swordsmen.  I mean everything in that trailer is just meh.  All the attacks throw and split the packs.... think about that when you are trying to grind and half your moves throw the mobs out melee range lol GG.  At first I was like sorc + war wooooo.  Now im like slower weaker version of Maewha or Musa.

Super disappointed at the moment.  Hopefully it was just the video and the class is actually faster than that.  Just seems boring.

I dunno, it's pretty obvious that the character in the trailer was wearing bad gear in order to accentuate the skill animations.

You can expect with real gear the damage will be much higher and the attacks much quicker.

Posted

PvP yes.

PvE BnS is uber boring rotation wise (not saying BDO is not).

pve BnS still offer better challenge than pve BDO tho.

1- no that insane desync ( even if the NCsoft West BnS server are pretty much utter shit, so you cant even correctly ani cancel like you should be )

2- mobs have somes CC, so you can need to know their move, you still have way more fight strat than in the BDO mob bash

3- boss fight are WAY better in BnS

4- since different "skill tree" you can sometime change your skills "effects" to have different fight strat, its not the case in BDO

And its even worse because the awakening is so overpowered compare to the base weapon, so skill, that in the end, the base class gameplay nearly become useless. Its a huge design fault ( well, its another shitty money milking design because awakening weapon need frag memory.. = hello cash shop artisant memory )

I sure gave up BnS in favor of BDO, but well. for the gameplay only BNS still is superior for somes points.

Posted

I dunno, it's pretty obvious that the character in the trailer was wearing bad gear in order to accentuate the skill animations.

You can expect with real gear the damage will be much higher and the attacks much quicker.

It just didn't have the "impact" other classes have had in trailers is all

Posted

Well damn.... my hype train just derailed and crashed straight into Meh station. Hopefully the awakening looks better.

Posted (edited)

It just didn't have the "impact" other classes have had in trailers is all

I think it did have as much impact as a non awakening skill set is gonna have. The class trailers of old for non awakened classes were no better in my recollection.

plus the class has been so hyped, like anything at this lvl it's bound to underwhelm. It didn't impress me too much either really, but in inspecting the reasons why it helped a great deal. It is spurring my curiosity to rewatch the video for things I may have missed. In doing so I found my excitement rejuvenated again.

Edited by Arvalo

Posted

I think it did have as much impact as a non awakening skill set is gonna have. The class trailers of old for non awakened classes were no better in my recollection.

plus the class has been so hyped, like anything at this lvl it's bound to underwhelm. It didn't impress me too much either really, but in inspecting the reasons why it helped a great deal I'm spurring my curiosity to rewatch the video for things I may have missed. I'm doing so I found my excitement rejuvenated again.

Hopefully Awakening will be good then.

Posted (edited)

Guys for real, they showed like, 5 skills here (decapitation clone, forward lunge, thorny explosion thing, ranged downward slash explosion, and what's probably the 100% rage skill) in addition to the normal L; this is probably the worst teaser they've made so far in regards to actually giving us an impression of the class. Just wait until we get the full skill tree and some actual gameplay to make up your minds, because I'm sure you'd all be unimpressed with 5 skills from any other class too.

I'm also really curious what that blue symbol that certain moves put above the mobs' heads means.

Edited by Zephan
1 person likes this

Posted

To agree with alot of ppl, yes, the animations seem a bit slow. After watching some other class trailers and comparing those with dark knight, it seems she takes her time to swing the sword. That, along with some skill that needs charging, it might be slower then what we already have. It doesn't mean this stays that way, and maybe once there is real gampleay footage, it won't be as slow s it looks now...

Don't forget that they can still do changes after it releases, when lot's of ppl can give their feedback. And before you say; they won't listen, well, you're wrong ;) 

Now we wait for a EU/NA release date i guess... 

Posted

Anyone else think the "Marked" symbol looks like the Quake logo?

Posted

Anyone else think the "Marked" symbol looks like the Quake logo?

Heh, yeah.

Posted

When did we devolve into a species that has to have everything SUPER FAST ZERGG OMAGWAHDLSDJFKDJFKLD. I really hate humanity. 

1 person likes this

Posted

this looks awesome, can't wait for it to hit NA. (next year?)