• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How to fight karma bombers (no patch needed)

258 posts in this topic

Posted

Most people who have problems with karma bombers are players with really good gear and boss alts and a lot of in game wealth in general... so that is somewhat of a requirement to pull this off.

Basically you need to make a tri heve set minus boots and use tri talis boots, a tri liverto, and tri basic offhand. All of this stuff should have zero gems in it. Carry this stuff on you and also some +3 attack speed elixirs, +3 crit elixirs, +3 run speed elixiers, and some crit / run speed food.

If you need to go max red on a karma bomber just swap to this gear and node camp them until they leave the channel or the spot.

You have zero penalty for dying (this all assumes like everyone else you have a huge pile of tears / blessings, etc from all the events and value packs... or you could care less about $.50 here and there)

Working on my set now, and I might have to rob some of my boss alts to get it done but being able to have zero tolerance for karma bombers will be so worth it.

Maybe if enough of you geared players fight back, these entitled scrubs will get the point and just find another spot instead of griefing obviously stronger players.

7 people like this

Posted

Most people who have problems with karma bombers are players with really good gear and boss alts and a lot of in game wealth in general... so that is somewhat of a requirement to pull this off.

Basically you need to make a tri heve set minus boots and use tri talis boots, a tri liverto, and tri basic offhand. All of this stuff should have zero gems in it. Carry this stuff on you and also some +3 attack speed elixirs, +3 crit elixirs, +3 run speed elixiers, and some crit / run speed food.

If you need to go max red on a karma bomber just swap to this gear and node camp them until they leave the channel or the spot.

You have zero penalty for dying (this all assumes like everyone else you have a huge pile of tears / blessings, etc from all the events and value packs... or you could care less about $.50 here and there)

Working on my set now, and I might have to rob some of my boss alts to get it done but being able to have zero tolerance for karma bombers will be so worth it.

Maybe if enough of you geared players fight back, these entitled scrubs will get the point and just find another spot instead of griefing obviously stronger players.

I don't see how this will work?  Frankly, I don't understand what your trying to say?  What I'm understanding is basically your saying that you should camp the spawn area and get yourself banned for harassment? Yes, I personally know someone who was banned for doing just that! So, good luck with this!

Now, from the other point of view, people like you are the rude idiots nobody likes to have around!

Why does it "seem" like we are grieving you people?

First, we paid for the game same as you! YOU don't own specific spots. They are there for everyone to play in. If I need to finish a quest and a rude player won't group with me I'll just keep going. I try to be nice and group with them, or stay out of their way, but if they refuse to group and PK me, oh well. I just come back and keep doing my quest. If they PK me again and again and again, it's their fault completely they go negative! BTW, did I mention that camping a spawn point or following someone around and continuously PK'ing someone is harassment and grounds for banning?

We can all get along and have a good time.

26 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ok put your karma suit on once you end up red and continue your business. you can't get banned for that. in fact, I think you are right because that is even better... it makes them have to walk for another 30 seconds before coming back to suicide on you again. Thank you for the insight as it will make my process better.

Edited by SoSeoNo
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Sure you wont risk Gem loss on death in pvp.

BUT YOU CANT GO TO ANY OF THE MAIN AREAS, Good luck doing bosses also.  And enjoy that 11 hour grind back from -1 mil.

Didn't really think this through did you.

Also the only time I karma bomb is if I take a smaller rotation and some ----- head has a main rotation and taking some smaller rotations mobs too when he cant even clear fast enough on the main to begin with.  At that point you are being a ----- and if you dont stop bleeding into other peoples areas you are getting bombed.

Or scenario two with geared high levels for example FML players.  You will be at like sausens minding your business doing your rotation that you have been for hours and they come in with a level 60 and say leave this is my spot.  Ya no go fck yourself.  Have fun getting karma bombed.

This is why that system exists.  It's not low level under geared people griefing its quite the opposite.

Edited by Lemonz
10 people like this

Posted

Gem loss isn't a thing, read my post... I said don't use any gems in your karma gear instead you get near max run, crit and attack with food and elixirs.

Also, bosses... LOL who does bosses on thier main? Are you trolling... you can't be that silly. 

Zero risk man... test me.

Posted

Ok put your karma suit on once you end up red and continue your business. you can't get banned for that.

Yes, you can.

Posted

Yes, you can.

no you cant

6 people like this

Posted

How to deal with Karma Griefers: Out damage them on the mobs, they'll leave eventually if they realise you're getting all the kills, and if you can't ut dps them, then you leave, since you're obviously not strong enough to hold the spot on your own (or group, depending on the circumstances)

3 people like this

Posted

Gem loss isn't a thing, read my post... I said don't use any gems in your karma gear instead you get near max run, crit and attack with food and elixirs.

Also, bosses... LOL who does bosses on thier main? Are you trolling... you can't be that silly. 

Zero risk man... test me.

You're right but you still need access to main cities.  Unless you are going to live in the desert.  Still not worth it.   And the griefer doesn't care if you camp them by the way.  They lose nothing.  And they get the satisfaction of knowing you can't go to town and that you have to spend hours grinding back to positive karma AND that they also made you stop your grind.

Again accomplishes nothing at all.

Posted

This is going to be good. 635894160361140700.png

Posted

Beside that, People can´t Karma bomb you, since YOU are the one that need to activate PK.

4 people like this

Posted

If I am grinding and someone comes for my spot and tries to karma bomb me and I kill him repeatedly all day long and put on my alt gear... I can't get banned. That is 100% inside game mechanics, and I'm not even the agressor... the lowbie is trying to grief me out of my spot by using the karma system. The karma bomber is borderline exploiting if anything.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sign a petition for Free Open World PvP at all times.

Signatures:

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If I am grinding and someone comes for my spot and tries to karma bomb me and I kill him repeatedly all day long and put on my alt gear... I can't get banned. That is 100% inside game mechanics, and I'm not even the agressor... the lowbie is trying to grief me out of my spot by using the karma system. The karma bomber is borderline exploiting if anything.

I only see MY....MY....MY.... and again... MY

Yeah sure, because YOU activate PK the OTHER Player is exploiting you..... never read such dump thing......

Edited by Caduryn
11 people like this

Posted

You're right but you still need access to main cities.  Unless you are going to live in the desert.  Still not worth it.   And the griefer doesn't care if you camp them by the way.  They lose nothing.  And they get the satisfaction of knowing you can't go to town and that you have to spend hours grinding back to positive karma AND that they also made you stop your grind.
Again accomplishes nothing at all.

I have maids, alts and Muiquin... I have full access to everything I need until my karma is cleaned up. Those things are zzz to me, besides... I get so much more exp while red because I got nothing else to do but grind.

The whole point of the alt gear set is so you don't need to be in desert... if I'm in the desert I'll use my actual gear becsuse jail is the only penalty anyhow  and that is lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

no you cant

For harassment? YES, you can!

Posted

I only see MY....MY....MY.... and again... MY

I had to like your reply man. It is pretty good I must admit. It does sound selfish... but honestly... if I'm willing to go -1m for a spot... it pretty much is Mine :-P

Posted

How to deal with Karma Griefers: Out damage them on the mobs, they'll leave eventually if they realise you're getting all the kills, and if you can't ut dps them, then you leave, since you're obviously not strong enough to hold the spot on your own (or group, depending on the circumstances)

Now THIS is cool!  I don't have an issue with this. If I'm grinding and someone out DPS's me, well, thats life. I'll just have to get better. But if they just show up and PK me for no reason other than being an azzhat, thats another story.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm fine with that too.. but a lot of people go straight to karma bomb tactics... so we have to adapt.

Posted (edited)

Im curious how the xp system works. I had some people come in and take the spot I was grinding in (they basically karma bombed my whole group and the group left besides me). So I ran ahead and hit each mob once before them and I still got the loot and xp. So my question is: Did I get all the xp for being first hit or is the xp split?

After about 20 min of me doing this they finally stopped killing the mobs and left.

Edited by Nimalla

Posted

Ah, THIS is another story and you are right. I was only talking about if you camp a spawn point, which you mentioned, and continually PK players attempting to spawn. The way I understood your post was that is you wanted a spot you just take it by PK'ing someone, and if they keep coming back ( Karma Bombing ) you camp their spawn point.

If YOU are grinding and I show up, I'll go somewhere else OR ask to group if I have a quest to finish. 

Posted

For starters, you could try being less of an entitled asshat monkey ("you" not personally, but can be applied where needed). You know the kind of monkey that walks in some "X" area and expects to find the red carpet, or everyone else to immediately disappear just because. Maybe after all you aren't playing your own little personal "woohoo open world PK hero" simulator?

Also, how about some communication? Human beings are supposed to possess the skill. It can also work wonders.

And yes, indeed, there an be equally stupid asshat monkeys who will draw some "fun" out of doing this supposedly "karma bombing", however in 99% of cases, it isn't the case. Rather the opposite. Also, learn to accept that not absolutely everyone will automatically fall on all fours and worship the incoming "PK god", out of nowhere, who just decided that a whole area / node MUST be their property, by default.

Having said that, best of luck with this method or any other. Push people enough and test their limits and see how far THEY can go too. You could be surprised.

Apologies for the "educational lecture" above. Once, there used to be some "gaming etiquette", worked in almost all cases, but apparently not any more (goes both ways).

11 people like this

Posted

Im curious how the xp system works. I had some people come in and take the spot I was grinding in (they basically karma bombed my whole group and the group left besides me). So I ran ahead and hit each mob once before them and I still got the loot and xp. So my question is: Did I get all the xp for being first hit or is the xp split?

After about 20 min of me doing this they finally stopped killing the mobs and left.

You need to do more than half the damage to the mobs to get the exp.

If you have the farming power then you can just farm over them.

If someone has a quest and asks me for group, I will 100% group them until they are done, or I'll give them the spot if I'm almost done anyhow. I meant only resorting to spawn camping them if they keep coming back multiple times thinking you care about karma. If someone gets me to around -200k I might just node camp them until they KNOW I'm -1m and don't have anything else to lose and they have to move on.

Posted

Ill karma bomb now, enjoy going red

1 person likes this

Posted

For starters, you could try being less of an entitled asshat monkey ("you" not personally, but can be applied where needed). You know the kind of monkey that walks in some "X" area and expects to find the red carpet, or everyone else to immediately disappear just because. Maybe after all you aren't playing your own little personal "woohoo open world PK hero" simulator?

Also, how about some communication? Human beings are supposed to possess the skill. It can also work wonders.

And yes, indeed, there an be equally stupid asshat monkeys who will draw some "fun" out of doing this supposedly "karma bombing", however in 99% of cases, it isn't the case. Rather the opposite. Also, learn to accept that not absolutely everyone will automatically fall on all fours and worship the incoming "PK god", out of nowhere, who just decided that a whole area / node MUST be their property, by default.

Having said that, best of luck with this method or any other. Push people enough and test their limits and see how far THEY can go too. You could be surprised.

Apologies for the "educational lecture" above. Once, there used to be some "gaming etiquette", worked in almost all cases, but apparently not any more (goes both ways).

I don't normally pk to take a spot... I'll gladly pk to retain one though. If you see me in game on Friday or Saturday, please test me... see who caves first. I work during the week so eventually I'll need to concede and go to sleep lol.

1 person likes this