• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How to fight karma bombers (no patch needed)

258 posts in this topic

Posted

OP got completely rekt by the first answer in this thread, just like he gets rekt ig by innocent questers.

Posted (edited)

All these carebears give me cancer.

You mean all the no skill pver pretending to "pvp" so be a big deal. Because totaly hidding behind their gear & lvl power like a kiddo within the folds of his momy's skirt ?

yeah thoses carebear are cancer.

Edited by woots

Posted

So this is now a topic where carebears say PK'ing someone untill they leave is harassment (and bannable) while the other more serious players say it isn't.

Also i never understand why it's not harassment if some guy walks into a grind spot and keeps on stealing mobs for 5 hours straight but when that same guy is getting killed over and over again it's harassment .

Please can some carebear explain.
looks like the harassment rule only counts for carebears getting killed after they ----- up spots for hours. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Karma bombers WANT you to attack them. Some of them are happy to be killed enough times for you to go neg karma then they fight back properly and cause you to suffer a xp drop/crystal loss.

I was karma bombed at Bashims by some guy who clearly had either removed some gear/didn't fight back except to a token level; I melted him 6/7 times in a row because he kept taking the big groups at Bashim main spot. Literally the moment he saw I'd gone into deep neg karma, he turned into some kind of ninja from hell and pk'd me with such ease. Lost 2% and 2x BS gems.

Lesson learned!

Just keep grinding near them. Mess up their rotations - sure they may kill quicker than you but you can always move to the next mob in a rotation and screw it up for them.

They may also pk you but if you have pos karma, there's no big drawback AND they themselves may end up in neg karma in which case you can pk them without any karma hit or call in a friend who is more geared to do it. If they outside of the desert, they get to lose some xp and possibly crystals. If they're in the desert, they get to mine sulphur or do the bunny hop.

tl:dr - don't kill for a spot. Just out grind. 

Edited by WastedJoker
1 person likes this

Posted

Do I get this right, you want to create a high level alt with full TRI equipment, just to save a few dozen mob killsteals? Not really effective, huh?

Posted

Karma bombers WANT you to attack them. Some of them are happy to be killed enough times for you to go neg karma then they fight back properly and cause you to suffer a xp drop/crystal loss.

I was karma bombed at Bashims by some guy who clearly had either removed some gear/didn't fight back except to a token level; I melted him 6/7 times in a row because he kept taking the big groups at Bashim main spot. Literally the moment he saw I'd gone into deep neg karma, he turned into some kind of ninja from hell and pk'd me with such ease. Lost 2% and 2x BS gems.

Lesson learned!

Just keep grinding near them. Mess up their rotations - sure they may kill quicker than you but you can always move to the next mob in a rotation and screw it up for them.

They may also pk you but if you have pos karma, there's no big drawback AND they themselves may end up in neg karma in which case you can pk them without any karma hit or call in a friend who is more geared to do it. If they outside of the desert, they get to lose some xp and possibly crystals. If they're in the desert, they get to mine sulphur or do the bunny hop.

tl:dr - don't kill for a spot. Just out grind. 

your fault ... the second they melt like butter you should only stun or whatever and let mobs finish the quest :P

Posted

Most people who have problems with karma bombers are players with really good gear and boss alts and a lot of in game wealth in general... so that is somewhat of a requirement to pull this off.

Basically you need to make a tri heve set minus boots and use tri talis boots, a tri liverto, and tri basic offhand. All of this stuff should have zero gems in it. Carry this stuff on you and also some +3 attack speed elixirs, +3 crit elixirs, +3 run speed elixiers, and some crit / run speed food.

If you need to go max red on a karma bomber just swap to this gear and node camp them until they leave the channel or the spot.

You have zero penalty for dying (this all assumes like everyone else you have a huge pile of tears / blessings, etc from all the events and value packs... or you could care less about $.50 here and there)

Working on my set now, and I might have to rob some of my boss alts to get it done but being able to have zero tolerance for karma bombers will be so worth it.

Maybe if enough of you geared players fight back, these entitled scrubs will get the point and just find another spot instead of griefing obviously stronger players.

Or...ORRRRR, they could get rid of this stupid system.  I mean, they have basically made the game the biggest griefer game ever.  I mean, a person comes in and messes with you over and over, you kill them go red and they respawn 10 feet away.  Good job there...lol.  They should have never taken xp loss away on death.

3 people like this

Posted

I say remove all karma loss when killing people and let us slaughter each other from dusk till down freely. This shit is too restricted.

1 person likes this

Posted

realistically, the on

Or...ORRRRR, they could get rid of this stupid system.  I mean, they have basically made the game the biggest griefer game ever.  I mean, a person comes in and messes with you over and over, you kill them go red and they respawn 10 feet away.  Good job there...lol.  They should have never taken xp loss away on death.

at a minimum, they should introduce some measures to discourage rapid suiciding / karma bombing - like an increased respawn death timer after X repeated deaths to players, or forcing them to respawn at distant nodes

Posted

realistically, the on

at a minimum, they should introduce some measures to discourage rapid suiciding / karma bombing - like an increased respawn death timer after X repeated deaths to players, or forcing them to respawn at distant nodes

Yea, it's simple...but idk, the devs seem confused.  Easy fix would be what we discussed early on, if you die you respawn at node, die two time sin 10 min, respawn at town, easy enough.  Guess that is to complicated.

2 people like this

Posted

Or, they could make this huge world they created populated with more areas worth playing then funneling everyone in the same handful of places. The best thing they ever did was remove the exp loss on pvp death. 

2 people like this

Posted

This happened to my wife and I last night at Sausans on our Maehwa's. We were grinding a spot (not the main rotation up top) and low and behold a Zerk, Maehwa and a Warrior all 3 with Awakening come along from the same Guild. We knew they were going to pk us so we just waited for it. Low and behold they waited while we were fighting a mob and went at us. Yeah they pk'd us but we went right back and continued grinding knowing they would do it again. Sure enough here those 3 come yet this time we killed them. We would go back to the grind spot we had first and kill everything and if they were there we made sure to kill the mobs they were on to block them from gaining Karma back. After us kicking there asses like 6-7 times they FINALLY got the damn hint that we weren't leaving, they couldn't punk us out of the area we were in first and they couldn't take us and left.

My wife and I don't PVP, we PVE and lifeskill and we never flag up on ppl especially if ppl were in the area first but we will defend ourselves if we get flagged on and we wont leave. We will come back and kill everything that you're going after just so that you don't get Karma back. Go ahead and kill us over and over again, we don't lose anything, you're the one who will lose Karma and we'll just come back and annoy the Hell out of you and kill everything we can to block you from getting your Karma back. You want to be a ----- especially if we were there first I'll be a bigger ----- and ruin your grinding experience in that area.

4 people like this

Posted

your fault ... the second they melt like butter you should only stun or whatever and let mobs finish the quest :P

At Bashims you'd have to have surgical precision to get their HP so low and stunned that Bashims could finish the job though.

Posted

Or instead of wasting time trying to go around the obvious problem (Karma system) why don't you just give constructive feedback and examples of how and why the current karma system is bad. Oh wait, that is also a waste of time. (Dev's either don't listen or don't care to make the necessary changes)

1 person likes this

Posted

out farming doesn't always work.
180 ap valk can't outfarm a 150 ap sorc/ranger but likely will destroy them in pvp. 
Classes like musa have much faster movement speed than other classes and can go between groups faster.
THis means messing up the whole rotation and is very annoying.

Better solutions because i dont like going neg on my main:

1: Flag, but dont kill them. get them really low over and over again. eventually they'll run out of pots and die to mobs. Karma bombers are 99% of the time very badly geared players that think they are entitled to mobs they didn't earn and can't farm well. They'll get sick of losing crystals and 1% every time they get near you.

2: Have an alt in kusha (i've only ever been karma bombed at  sausans) that's already negative karma. have their gear be tri ultimate argerian/yuria/acc offhand (no crystals) and some average accessories (around 150ap) Higher level the better, (personally i have a 58 ranger). kill them over and over spawn camp. when they leave, go back to your main.  

profit

If I can't do my meager quest that would take me 15 minutes because you had a giggle killing every player that is killing a tent in your general vicinity, then you're not grinding either for 5 hours if you're as stubborn as I am ;)

And to think it all could have been avoided with a simple "Hey, you're messing up my rotation, would you mind going somewhere else?" - "Sure, I'll go do my quest on another spot, have fun".

Instead, there we are, preventing each other from playing the game for an entire day if need be.

Posted

all these anecdotes...

Instead, there we are, preventing each other from playing the game for an entire day if need be.

I'll be a bigger ----- and ruin your grinding experience in that area.

griefers gonna grief I guess

kakao pls fix

Posted

This happened to my wife and I last night at Sausans on our Maehwa's. We were grinding a spot (not the main rotation up top) and low and behold a Zerk, Maehwa and a Warrior all 3 with Awakening come along from the same Guild. We knew they were going to pk us so we just waited for it. Low and behold they waited while we were fighting a mob and went at us. Yeah they pk'd us but we went right back and continued grinding knowing they would do it again. Sure enough here those 3 come yet this time we killed them. We would go back to the grind spot we had first and kill everything and if they were there we made sure to kill the mobs they were on to block them from gaining Karma back. After us kicking there asses like 6-7 times they FINALLY got the damn hint that we weren't leaving, they couldn't punk us out of the area we were in first and they couldn't take us and left.

My wife and I don't PVP, we PVE and lifeskill and we never flag up on ppl especially if ppl were in the area first but we will defend ourselves if we get flagged on and we wont leave. We will come back and kill everything that you're going after just so that you don't get Karma back. Go ahead and kill us over and over again, we don't lose anything, you're the one who will lose Karma and we'll just come back and annoy the Hell out of you and kill everything we can to block you from getting your Karma back. You want to be a ----- especially if we were there first I'll be a bigger ----- and ruin your grinding experience in that area.

Exactly...care bears griefing...pathetic

Posted (edited)

all these anecdotes...

kakao pls fix

Like I said, me nor my wife will flag on ppl, we wait for them to flag on us. If we have been in a spot for awhile and someone wants to be a ----- and think they run something in a video game, guess what? We'll keep coming back, we'll let you flag on us but we will block you from gaining karma by killing everything around in our grind spot.

These "Griefers" just remind me of little school boys who still live with there mommy's and get there RL punk'd and ran by everybody for w/e reason so  they have to play video games and try to punk others to try and make there lives have some sort of meaning.

If I come along and start grinding and someone comes and says that they have been there and asks to pls leave than I have no problem, I will leave or move to another area they aren't grinding. It's not hard to message someone yet most ppl in game think they are the grinding police and that they own certain spots no matter if you have been there for 5 hours or 5 minutes and they just showed up.

Edited by XxTripleBeamxX
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

all these anecdotes...

kakao pls fix

Read again and see who is the real griefer....

And i really REALLY hope PA will fix this shit about Players forcing other Players to Mob dead, thats some quality griefing.

Edited by Caduryn
1 person likes this

Posted

Wow .. what an amazing plan!  First of all, I doubt your assumption that "Most people who have problems with karma bombers are players with really good gear and boss alts and a lot of in game wealth in general."  Even if your assumption is true, to execute your genius plan you would need to be a "player with really good gear and boss alts and a lot of in game wealth in general, plus a tri heve set minus boots and use tri talis boots, a tri liverto, and tri basic offhand. Plus also some +3 attack speed elixirs, +3 crit elixirs, +3 run speed elixiers, and some crit / run speed food. Plus have a huge pile of tears / blessings, etc ... or care less about $.50 here and there)" and after all that .... you would still end up with max negative karma!

Way to beat those "karma bombers!"

Did you really think of that "fail proof" plan all by your lonesome?

/roflmao

Get a tet or pen boss armor or kzarka/dande item and re-think that , having a tet or pen downgrade would suck and you would lose hundreds of millions of silver... Even one of those pieces downgrading are infinitely more important than getting all of the stuff he mentioned, which is quite easy anyway if you're building fail stacks on a regular basis.

If you were to do the plan he's suggesting, it's a fail safe to avoid losing gear. Karma is irrelevant , that can be farmed back in hours.

Posted

Or instead of wasting time trying to go around the obvious problem (Karma system) why don't you just give constructive feedback and examples of how and why the current karma system is bad. Oh wait, that is also a waste of time. (Dev's either don't listen or don't care to make the necessary changes)

The Dev's not only care and listen, but they have a lot more data and info that helps them make an educated decision regarding the future success of the game than the whining and crying of a minority of angry and sociopathic bullies who can't bring it upon themselves to play and have fun with others unless they are making their game time miserable.

The same group of people complaining about this karma system are the same exact people who come on these forums complaining about BDO being a solo game.  Little do they realize that their selfish attempts to hog whole swaths of game play areas, by claiming it as "my spot," they are doing more to make it a solo game than a group game.

There used to be a time when players grouped together and camped EXP gains, and the best part of gaining that EXP together wasn't so much the EXP gains, but the fun the group had together socializing and developing friendships while grinding.  Nowadays what we have is this group of angry and selfish PvP-centric sociopaths that all they think about is themselves, and making everyone else miserable, and to hell with the future viability of the community and success of the game.  This is why every single non-consensual PvP-centric game, not named EVE (and that even that game is dying and just went F2P), always fails miserably.

Sad part is that their ego-centric heads don't realize that they are a minority and continue to rail against civilized and fun game play with every game release while not even realizing, or learning from history, that there is a reason why developers make these type of game play decisions.  

And that reason is because their preferred selfish, sociopathic, non-consensual game play is anti-MMORPG and just a miserable fail time after time after time.

6 people like this

Posted

The Dev's not only care and listen, but they have a lot more data and info that helps them make an educated decision regarding the future success of the game than the whining and crying of a minority of angry and sociopathic bullies who can't bring it upon themselves to play and have fun with others unless they are making their game time miserable.

The same group of people complaining about this karma system are the same exact people who come on these forums complaining about BDO being a solo game.  Little do they realize that their selfish attempts to hog whole swaths of game play areas, by claiming it as "my spot," they are doing more to make it a solo game than a group game.

There used to be a time when players grouped together and camped EXP gains, and the best part of gaining that EXP together wasn't so much the EXP gains, but the fun the group had together socializing and developing friendships while grinding.  Nowadays what we have is this group of angry and selfish PvP-centric sociopaths that all they think about is themselves, and making everyone else miserable, and to hell with the future viability of the community and success of the game.  This is why every single non-consensual PvP-centric game, not named EVE (and that even that game is dying and just went F2P), always fails miserably.

Sad part is that their ego-centric heads don't realize that they are a minority and continue to rail against civilized and fun game play with every game release while not even realizing, or learning from history, that there is a reason why developers make these type of game play decisions.  

And that reason is because their preferred selfish, sociopathic, non-consensual game play is anti-MMORPG and just a miserable fail time after time after time.

Whats makes a Moba successful? If you can answer this then you'll find that some of your points here are not very solid. 

Posted

Wow .. what an amazing plan!  First of all, I doubt your assumption that "Most people who have problems with karma bombers are players with really good gear and boss alts and a lot of in game wealth in general."  Even if your assumption is true, to execute your genius plan you would need to be a "player with really good gear and boss alts and a lot of in game wealth in general, plus a tri heve set minus boots and use tri talis boots, a tri liverto, and tri basic offhand. Plus also some +3 attack speed elixirs, +3 crit elixirs, +3 run speed elixiers, and some crit / run speed food. Plus have a huge pile of tears / blessings, etc ... or care less about $.50 here and there)" and after all that .... you would still end up with max negative karma!

Way to beat those "karma bombers!"

Did you really think of that "fail proof" plan all by your lonesome?

/roflmao

-1m isn't that big of a deal, try it out sometime. Crystal loss is the biggest issue becsuse being zero % into a level makes xp loss nonfactor, and crystal loss is nonfactor with an alt set. Most people in my situation already have all of that stuff laying around. I can't help it if you don't... I can recommend you some good places to farm silver.

Posted (edited)

Whats makes a Moba successful? If you can answer this then you'll find that some of your points here are not very solid. 

MMO is not a MOBA they are completly two different things.

Edited by Floki

Posted

-1m isn't that big of a deal, try it out sometime. Crystal loss is the biggest issue becsuse being zero % into a level makes xp loss nonfactor, and crystal loss is nonfactor with an alt set. Most people in my situation already have all of that stuff laying around. I can't help it if you don't... I can recommend you some good places to farm silver.

Except all most "karma bombers' care about, if that, is that you go negative karma.

Negative karma is the very essence, and definition, of the karma penalty, hence why its called a "Karma Penalty."

It isn't called a "Crystal Penalty,"  It's called a "karma Penalty."

Your solution does not mitigate that "Karma Penalty." 

Your solution may bring you a level of comfort, but it's irrelevant to most, if not all, supposed "karma bombers."