• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

China just ban Locked Boxes from MMO games.

90 posts in this topic

Posted

Reasons because it is nothing but pure gambling and often unfair one. Remind me of certain Red Nose Day.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2016-12-12/china_is_cracking_down_on_mmorpg_lockbox_vendors.shtml

This practices is not just from this game, but for many games and they found it is a great way to scam money from players.

One of the few things I agree with China.

20 people like this

Posted

You agree with restricting people's money? Talk about dumb. If people wanna blow their money on stuff that gives them 0.01% return then they should be allowed to. Communism isn't great. Neither is RNG, but I'd take it over not having the freedom of doing whatever I want with my money and letting a corrupt government decide what I do with it. 

8 people like this

Posted

A very nice step in direction of a better humanity, where moneygrubbing swellheads and petted kids with mum's credit card get punished.

But imho, BDO doesn't really have that much randomness at all, I really like it's current state. But when I think about other games like TERA, oh boy...

12 people like this

Posted

You agree with restricting people's money? Talk about dumb. If people wanna blow their money on stuff that gives them 0.01% return then they should be allowed to. Communism isn't great. Neither is RNG, but I'd take it over not having the freedom of doing whatever I want with my money and letting a corrupt government decide what I do with it. 

Erm, no that is stupid. Protecting minors from any form of gambling is really important since addiction is easy to start at a lower age. No one gains anything from such a system since, it's not made so the customer wins. 

24 people like this

Posted

CHINA REKT RNG

I support them. ----- RNG.

12 people like this

Posted

How about restrict game companies scamming people and taking advantage of avoid government policies on ONLINE GAMBLING.

You are a stupid if you think unregulated will work all the time. China and Vietnam has a more unregulated capitalist and guess what? Companies takes advantage of it to prey on people for their money.

I bet you have no problem if there is an RNG on medicines and everything else since it is your logic to support companies to cheat, scam and gamble on everything, right?

Erm, no that is stupid. Protecting minors from any form of gambling is really important since addiction is easy to start at a lower age. No one gains anything from such a system since, it's not made so the customer wins. 

Yes, this too. Many games target teens and have this all the time. It prey on children and teens to steal and use their family credit cards.

Not to mention in China there is an illegal organ harvest that show some gamers actually involve to get money for their addictions.

4 people like this

Posted

CHINA REKT RNG

I support them. ----- RNG.

+1

Posted

Reasons because it is nothing but pure gambling and often unfair one. Remind me of certain Red Nose Day.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2016-12-12/china_is_cracking_down_on_mmorpg_lockbox_vendors.shtml

This practices is not just from this game, but for many games and they found it is a great way to scam money from players.

how does this remind you of rednose boxes?....those were free...

KR has mystery boxes that u can buy, that I understand, but a calendar event giving u a rng box for free isn't applicable

3 people like this

Posted

Not exactly true. This will force publishers to state the win chances. Maybe the only thing this would affect in BDO is items like horse reset coupons.

It's a good change. I can only hope that it would compel western publishers to do the same. Too many games rely on lottery boxes to stay afloat.

Posted

Progress, this I like. Gambling boxes are stupid. Worse yet a lot of games such as Tera gate costumes under these sort of RNG boxes. ONE guy will spend 5 bucks, the next 200.

If they didn't gate the content behind them it'd be fine. Then you'd simply have them as a gamblers option at trying to get them under market value. 

Gambling is bad afaik and I hope the US follows suit in time.

2 people like this

Posted

pure gambling... Red Nose Day.

what

Posted

Everyone has an addiction, in the end it still costs money. Also if you think minors gambling is bad then you're quite naive. Because kids these days do a hell of a lot worse. 

Posted

Seems like a fair decision to me. Anything that will help protect people from gambling (even in the form of RNG based gaming) is ok. If by some chance this also helps to enrich the content of future games by making items gained by effort and achievement is also a good thing

:)

Posted (edited)

How about restrict game companies scamming people and taking advantage of avoid government policies on ONLINE GAMBLING.

You are a stupid if you think unregulated will work all the time. China and Vietnam has a more unregulated capitalist and guess what? Companies takes advantage of it to prey on people for their money.

I bet you have no problem if there is an RNG on medicines and everything else since it is your logic to support companies to cheat, scam and gamble on everything, right?

Well, one is a game the other is medicine. You sound stupid. People cheat, gamble, and scam. Welcome to reality, it's a ----- sometimes. 

Everyone in this thread(besides myself) sounds like a child that needs their hand held.

It's gambling, you have a choice to partake or not. Also, china might be against gambling but they have a huge underground gambling circuit that the government is involved in as well. So I assume they do this against video games, ect.. because they(the government) only wants to swindle their citizens and no outside sources. 

You should gitgud. Stop being stupid, it makes you look retarded.

Edited by RandomOne

Posted

This decision really has no relevance to BDO EU or NA considering neither have these boxes in the cash shop.  There is no relation to the so called "Red Nose Day" what so ever.

3 people like this

Posted

Well, one is a game the other is medicine. You sound stupid. People cheat, gamble, and scam. Welcome to reality, it's a ----- sometimes. 

Not everyone does. Don't make anti-social behaviour sound like a law of nature. Just a bad excuse.

Posted

Not everyone does. Don't make anti-social behaviour sound like a law of nature. Just a bad excuse.

Gambling, cheating, scamming isn't anti-social behavior. One is just natural human intuition at times, the other includes harm towards others. You should know what you're talking about before you talk, kid.

Posted

As a whale, I am fully aware of how my money harms the overall gaming experience.

Want an example? Look at EA's releases over the last 10 years. 

Look at MMOs over the years. Excessive whaling is what kills the industry, players that aren't whaling can't compete in some games, and in Asian countries where gambling is a HUGE problem, you have to limit people's spending on such to prevent them from joining the poverty. 

Posted

It doesn't look like they've banned them, but put a lot of restrictions on them. It's good to see restrictions but just clarifying, they still allow them.

Posted

Now remove the RNG on pets, or make them available at NPC vendors.

2 people like this

Posted

As a whale, I am fully aware of how my money harms the overall gaming experience.

Want an example? Look at EA's releases over the last 10 years. 

Look at MMOs over the years. Excessive whaling is what kills the industry, players that aren't whaling can't compete in some games, and in Asian countries where gambling is a HUGE problem, you have to limit people's spending on such to prevent them from joining the poverty. 

I'd say the overall huge problem is Asia, is the lack of happiness within that continent. Which is a shame, they're economic power houses yet have major social issues within their societies. The reason for the gambling stems from their culture. They're told to succeed in life in order to become happy. Money = Power = Happiness. This is why gambling is so prevalent within that continent because they are will to risk it all just to achieve this. It's quite sad. China might do this and people might see it as something really amazing, but in reality China -----s over their people a lot. They don't care about their people. They look down on the poor, and there's a high poverty rate in China. This shows that they don't care. 

Posted

It doesn't look like they've banned them, but put a lot of restrictions on them. It's good to see restrictions but just clarifying, they still allow them.

I came to make this same point - they appear to have made sure that your chances for each item are truly equal and random rather than weighted.

I'm surprised this hasn't happened already in the USA where many states already have incredibly strict and rigorously enforced gambling rules.

Posted

WHO CARES LOL KAKAO HAS NO AFFILIATION WITH CHINA :P

Posted

So move to China. Great country really, very pretty, lot of history.
The majority of NA and EU publishers actually Block IP's from China....(so basically we don't care)

Oh btw, there are many MMO's that are the heaviest free-2-play cash-shop driven games on the market, and they are developed in China.

China's laws protect citizens of China. Are you living in China? No....so doesn't affect you. 

Off topic.

3 people like this

Posted

kids these days do a hell of a lot worse. 

Please get off the internet grandpa

Communism isn't great. Neither is RNG, but I'd take it over not having the freedom of doing whatever I want with my money and letting a corrupt government decide what I do with it. 

Spotted the murican

Stop being stupid, it makes you look retarded.

e5e9a7e56d5a8aa1238ddcbfd1a4978c.jpg