• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - December 14th

321 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate the BDO Santa its a piece of Shit for real. 1 Present for 1 People its a kind of Joke..

Posted

This is actually the worst Christmas event I've seen.  The Santa event is so close to being exactly the same as the one they have been doing in Arc that I wonder if there could be legal issues.  They should have had Santa drop one big present in the middle of town every night cycle, it stays there for 10 minutes and everyone can only interact with it once pr cycle.  People would be happy.  Right now its like Santa is some sick demented jerk flying around town laughing at everyone he thinks are jerks as he watches them chase behind jumping off buildings etc to get the mystery goody he dropped.  VERY disappointed! The snow looks great though.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is the worst christmas event i've experienced in an mmo

4 people like this

Posted

why is it that every update you guys do screws my fps up......as well as lots of crashes....I can barely even run to the market and my warehouse without a crash

Posted

Still not able to grab so much as a single present. No mater which channel I change to, no mater how long I invest in the chase, there are large groups of people chasing after the gifts and 99% of the time the same character ends up getting all the gifts. In short, this is not an event where everyone is getting something shiny Daum. This is an event where a few specific people are the fastest and to get to the gifts first so they can stockpile all of the consumable goodies. You NEED to fix this if you want people to enjoy the event like I assume or would hope is the reason you implemented it. I have been hearing so many good ideas here for how to fix this and yet I have yet to see a single response from you guys. When an event that gives FREE STUFF has this high of a percentage of bad reviews, that's your sign. Your intentions are good, but fix it please. What really makes me sad about this the most, are the new players I see trying to chase after a box. Those guys don't even really have a chance right now.

Here are some helpful ideas to fix this event that have been posted time and time again.

1.) You can give a temporary debuff after you open a gift that prevents you from opening another to allow others a chance to obtain something.

2.) Have box's exist on a timer to allow anyone who runs up to that box within a few moments be able to obtain whats in it before it disapears.

3.) Have each box lootable by up to x different people before it disappears.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can we get a response from one of you acknowledging this. Arguably one of the worst events in this game, or even in MMO's when it comes to Christmas. Though cool idea with Santa dropping them, I give you that. But please make it a timer of some sort.

Posted

And Event is Buggy tooo.. Great ;) 

2016-12-15_43202924.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Still not able to grab so much as a single present. No mater which channel I change to, no mater how long I invest in the chase, there are large groups of people chasing after the gifts and 99% of the time the same character ends up getting all the gifts. In short, this is not an event where everyone is getting something shiny Daum. This is an event where a few specific people are the fastest and to get to the gifts first so they can stockpile all of the consumable goodies. You NEED to fix this if you want people to enjoy the event like I assume or would hope is the reason you implemented it. I have been hearing so many good ideas here for how to fix this and yet I have yet to see a single response from you guys. When an event that gives FREE STUFF has this high of a percentage of bad reviews, that's your sign. Your intentions are good, but fix it please. What really makes me sad about this the most, are the new players I see trying to chase after a box. Those guys don't even really have a chance right now.

Here are some helpful ideas to fix this event that have been posted time and time again.

1.) You can give a temporary debuff after you open a gift that prevents you from opening another to allow others a chance to obtain something.

2.) Have box's exist on a timer to allow anyone who runs up to that box within a few moments be able to obtain whats in it before it disapears.

3.) Have each box lootable by up to x different people before it disappears.

I totally 100% agree.

Even GuildWars2 has a better christmas box drop event than this...and the goodies in gw2 aren't even that great at all.

Posted

I agree with the aforementioned regarding the Santa event, there are lots of factors at play here which makes a general event like this extremely biased. Class speed, gears (movement speed), latency, computer graphical power/processing speed and even knowledge of city layouts. Players who are experienced, close to the server and have a high end PC will mostly be the ones to reach and obtain the items. Chasing around gift boxes is indeed quite entertaining, but not when you participate in a knowingly losing race all the time.

Personally I think by decreasing the drop rate but adding a timer on the box would solve the issue. 

Posted

Box's have been sticking around a bit waiting for players to get them. Ive ran into a lot by accident. Also some of the gifts are going into the "pearl" folder in your inventory. I believe this is why people think they are not getting anything. So check both inventories.

Posted

I've got a great idea....

How about a GM's Christmas Box which has Red Nose armour in it for everyone??

I think it's got a future.

Posted

silly question really but is anyone else having issues not seeing the snow effect. I was in Heidel and it was so pretty with the whole town in snow, came back from another town and there is no snow or falling snow any where.. is it just a random thing or meant to be there for awhile

Posted

silly question really but is anyone else having issues not seeing the snow effect. I was in Heidel and it was so pretty with the whole town in snow, came back from another town and there is no snow or falling snow any where.. is it just a random thing or meant to be there for awhile

The snow is off and on. It melts and about an hour later or so.. it will snow again for around 10 minutes or so.

1 person likes this

Posted

This would have to be the worst Christmas Event i have ever seen >.< I was looking forward to seeing what we would get on BDO but so disappointed. Run around hoping you get lucky to get one of the boxes he drops pfft pass. I'll just go back to afk fishing about all i bother doing on here now lol

Posted

Is there a limit of how many gift box from santa u can pick? He drops one in front on my face and could not open it, it dissapear after some minutes :(

Got 15 gift boxs already, ¿maybe im too greedy? :/

2016-12-15_7578090.JPG

Posted

Leave it to Koreans to make XMas about greed not sharing.

And when the box falls thru the map.    O.o

Posted

He is randomly droping them ?

what in the actuall ----- is going on? Every 3 minutes i am getting kicked from the server even tho my internet connection is good...

I am -----ing tired of bdo idiots -----ing things up with the updates....

Posted

Whoever came up with the Santa event needs a slap up side the head.  Worst Christmas event I've ever seen.

Posted (edited)

Anyone see the notice login says "Tis the Season for Saving, 14, Dec to 4, Jan UTC (With Maintenance)"?

Its already half way into 15th and I still havent seen anything.

Edit: Horrible Christmas event.

Edited by Ruiqicn

Posted

Crashed 9 times while playing yesterday my internet is fine and I had no issues before this patch. I usually afk fish overnight NOPE not happening anymore.

Posted

this event is so bad....

Posted

Crashing every 20 minutes, unable to even catch a present from santa

This event is terrible 

Posted

Where : Gotha rensa Outfit Ranger

Nouver    

Stella Outfit Ranger 

neeed all of them 

Posted (edited)

I got everything except for the turkey, Halloween cone hat, pirate stuff & candy basket. I got all the Christmas decor sets including many duplicates. Even got the cute Santa Hat. (and no.. I did not have to fight a single person for them).

Santa has a pattern, its not hard to figure out. Although it slightly differs each time (basically the presents move a few feet to a yard (game distance) each time but in the same general area. Although he drops in the same general area.. he does not drop it there every single time. Trick is.. get on the highest roof that overlooks the city, make it around the middle of the city so you can see him the entire time. Keep your eyes on him at all times and watch him drop the boxes. Remember that area he dropped it in. Also follow him along his route a few times to learn it. Note the area he drops in. Soon you will have his route down perfectly and will know where the boxes will generally end up. Boxes drop around a minute or two apart, give and take as this slightly changes as well but you will catch on. I've been able to follow along behind him perfectly and catch every drop. I've also been able to stay in one general area and make it to the drops (from one end of calpheon to the other) before anyone else has (You'd be surprised at how many people over look the present and run right past it or just don't go for it at all). I have also accidentally stumbled upon boxes as I was running through the city and Santa wasn't even there, so these boxes stay for a bit of time before disappearing.

Think strategically, if a dozen people are chasing him along his route.. stay around the drop sights and let the others get tired from the chase while you catch a present or two. These presents land EVERYWHERE. On the ground.. on top of walls.. in bushes.. under horses.. on the roofs and on top of towers, some you cannot get to at all but eventually it will move a few feet and you'll be able to catch it.  Just run up to the box.. stand in front of it but not in it or past it.. and hit "R". That's it. There is nothing to accept, the present will automatically go into your inventory. Depending on the item.. they will either end up in your regular inventory or the pearl inventory but you will get something if you were the first to hit R. They also disappear right after unless you experience lag.  Gifts are mostly family bound, few are char bound. *Gold and Red boxes approx 3x3*

I hope this helps some of you as I know its crazy mad, frustrating and disappointing even. I had fun learning his route and collecting everything I wanted. I hope you get all you want too and remember.. have fun with it! "Good luck"

Edited by Aphy

Posted

Santa is the worse event ever encountered in a game. The level of frustration is off limits. Like the game hasn't much grind and you needed to introduce a competitive, waste of time, frustrating event instead of a fun and relaxed one. I understand that koreans have a culture of masochism and suffering but you as a company don't you have at least one play tester so he/she may advise you to change the event from this monstrosity to an entertaining one? You are all about the money and apparently you are not gamers and you don't like games, you introduce updates from korea without checking if they are appropriate for people who actually play games to have some fun. For holidays I wish you as much fun as your xmas event.