• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Game crashes when it's snowing

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

TICKET NUMBER : 225716

Like the title says, the game always crashes when it's snowing, and you cannot stay in a place where it's snowing for more than 3-4 minutes, this happens in optimization mode too.

Other people are having the same problem as me (Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/5icvf3/bdo_crash_after_set_time/).

I've already reported the bug with a ticket.

UPDATE: Santa Claus is causing the crashes, I can confirm this because I was at Pirates Island while snowing and the game didn't freeze for several hours. The moment I came back to Velia with Santa Claus flying over the skyes the game froze.

My specs:
Windows 8 64bit
HDD 1TB Western Digital Blu
NVIDIA GTX960 2GB VRAM
4GB RAM
Intel Pentium G3220 Dual Core 3.0 GHz

GAME WAS RUNNING FINE BEFORE THE EVENT

Edited by Morshu32

Posted

Same here every time when it's snowing after 5-10 min the game crashes. I tried playing with optimization mode on, but still after 5-10 min crash.

Posted

My wife appears to be experiencing the same issue--hadn't realized it was the snow causing it until we came upon this post and the other thread in this forum.

Posted

Same here x crashes in a few mins -.-

Posted (edited)

Same happens to me as well...after this update my game keeps crashing and when i try reloging It takes me all the way to loading screen and as soon as game starts it kicks me out soon after.

So far only fix i found is by switching out to different channel, but game crashes again once you reach snowy areas.

Edited by ClaymoreX

Posted

Do you all have a Dual Core CPU?? Maybe It's a problem within the game that crashes when it's run on dual cores.

Posted

Yup.. I have a dual core, my friend has a quad core,.. mine crashes when it snows and his does not..I also started a thread above called 'game freezes'..  many people are having this issue.. I updated my Java to the newest version  1.8.0_112 (or some such) and although it did help him, (with his quad core) it did not help me.. So. are they trying to tell us we need to go out and buy the latest and greatest PC and make sure it's a quad core in order to play?   <sigh>

Posted

I have a quad core and get freezes but only in major cities when it snows. (example) if i try to process in alto it works for about 5 min then freezes same in veilia i tried to fish and as soon as it started snowing it froze up so what i did was go to Tariff no snow and have not been disconnected for 10 hrs straight afk fishing so Ive definitely concluded its the snow and someone needs to shoot santas fat A** because it only snows when hes around lol

Posted (edited)

Yep, i have same problem when start snowing in cites and nothing worked, like a checking files.

Edit: Reinstaled game, update graphic card and still freezing

Edited by Swifthawkee

Posted (edited)

They really need to address this because if i have to deal with snow crashes at major cities from now through next awakening into January i will most likely leave only consolation i found was as long as i stay in a small city like tariff i can afk fish all night W/O disconnects and keep my workers going but that's not why i play the game..

Edited by kidflash112
correction

Posted

Dual core here. I was training afk my horses, with my alt, running them between Olivia and Western Gourd Camp all night without a crash/freeze, 5 min in Heidel with snow falling and the game stops responding. The same thing in Valencia all day in the surrounding desert without trouble I step foot into the city the game freezes and i have to restart the client. All this started after the last patch. 

Posted

Dual core here. I was training afk my horses, with my alt, running them between Olivia and Western Gourd Camp all night without a crash/freeze, 5 min in Heidel with snow falling and the game stops responding. The same thing in Valencia all day in the surrounding desert without trouble I step foot into the city the game freezes and i have to restart the client. All this started after the last patch. 

Getting pretty much this exact same issue too. As soon as it snows I get disconnected ! Only started happening after this weeks patch, always ran fine before.

:(

Posted

Bump -> Still freezing and nothing work for fix it, pls DEVs look on it!

Posted

Same for me. When it snows in Heidel I freeze about 5 minutes after I start moving.

Posted

its real stupid, im in heidel, when its snows 5 min and error. Pls need help, need delete snow

Posted

No GM's bothering to address the issue? Amazing..I'm working on a fix myself IF i find something that works i'll post it here. Wish me luck....

1 person likes this

Posted

No GM's bothering to address the issue? Amazing..I'm working on a fix myself IF i find something that works i'll post it here. Wish me luck....

I tryed alot of things and stil nothing

Posted

Since they don't seem to listen here, i started another thread over in suggestions. Stop by and slam that like button and maybe, just maybe, they will listen. Happy holidays to all either way.

Posted

Since they don't seem to listen here, i started another thread over in suggestions. Stop by and slam that like button and maybe, just maybe, they will listen. Happy holidays to all either way.

Thanks

2 people like this

Posted

Well for now I found out that the game isn't freezing or crashing when I'm inside my house. So if you are processing wood/ore/anything else my advice for you is to rent a storage chest for 10 cp from the manager and just put it in your house. The issue is that you can't place items on the market by using that chest. For training horse go outside of the snow range. As for fishing well all that's left is to fish in the smaller towns like Kusha or outside of the snow range. So far I tried: clearing the cache folder, running the file check reinstalling the game, installing older drivers, installing the newest drivers but nothing helped.

1 person likes this

Posted

Guys if you haven't done already, send them a ticket, I sent them one and they asked me to send them the crash logs and system specs, hopefully they are working on the problem.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ok boys and girls, uncle Teddy has a kind of sort of update for ya...Outside of town is hit and miss, Zyler is correct about being in town,Morshu32 is absolutely dead on, keep the tickets flowing if you haven't already please thats so important. Also, i have 2 pc's running it identical pc's different settings, and OS's...So far nothing concrete but i'm close on one, lasted through the snow once, crashed the second time. Here's a few tips
:

Do NOT under any circumstances run any game booster software, in general they don't do much, (you can kill unneeded processes etc with msconifg) and especially if you're having this issue, you crash that much faster.

Update all your drivers. Good idea in general and i personally use Driver Booster, you can google it. Updates everything.

Defrag your hard drive (unless you have an ssd) I use Smart Defrag, again you can google it.

Aside from that, try optimization mode, turning off anti-aliasing helped some (turning it off), you can delete cache for BDO (delete the cache file in C>Documents>Black Desert>cache) then log into a different channel. Thats all i got so far but i'll working at it. Hopefully i find something that works, or they fix it on their end.

Update

I give up guys, i have tried every conceivable way i can to find a workaround for this snow bulls**t and nothing, given that its in town, i'd wager its more the "Santa Claus" event than the snow itself, and honestly that whole event is bunk to begin with...Its up to Kakao/ PA to fix it, simple hotfix would do it its likely 1 line of code that needs to be edited, but since only a "small portion" of the community is affected they're not likely to rush it, plus its a weekend and...ya...If you have Windows 7, you can run it bare bones (services) just google it, extends the amount of time in a town with snow to 15 minutes before a crash...if you have 8,8.1, or 10 not so much. Especially 10 that updates itself even if you turn off automatic updates..Go figure...Anyway, happy holidays to all, i hope you can stay logged in long enough to get your daily bonuses...

Edited by Teddysky77
Replies were merged

Posted

Im running a quad core, i dont crash/freeze when it snows but i do get a lot of loading screens and rubber banding while its snowing. This is now very annoying since its stopping me from doing anything afk.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

ok.. a friend (with a quad core) said to update my Java, so I have windows 10, updated Java to version 1.8.0_112 which I think it the lastest version.. and same, still freezes when it starts snowing, now for me I run in window mode, and it says 'not responding' in the upper left to the right of the version number, when I go to make task manager, ir shows my game is 'still running' (although it says there 'not responding') but memory usage and cpu usage are still changing, so it 'looks like' it should still be running.. 

Hope someone fixes this issue... or I guess we will all head to the desert and skip the santa/snow..

Edited by Deslocc124
1 person likes this

Posted

I've been able to consistently get the freeze in one spot. I tested it out and when I am in Heidel and I am at Techton (the repair guy).

When I am facing him the game is fine, once I rotate my mouse to turn around, it locks up.

So i'm thinking it definitely is the snow, but it may be some shader or rendering technique they are using which is creating the issue. Sort of like when its not snowing and you go from inside a house to outside, there is a brief second when the lighting "glares" and then settles. I think it may be within that process, coupled with the snow effects that's hitting some sensitive spot in the code.

I was fine for about 10 mins before that, I even chased Santa around for a while. Had turned all graphics to low and used upscale

1 person likes this