• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Game crashes when it's snowing

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My crash freezing are gone, i just only upgraded from 8gb DRam to 12gb, looked on my software updated all what i can like for GPU, BIOs and other things and its gone, no more freezing while snowing with running and chasing a santa for all night 1h in heidel and no crash, have a nice fixing. :)

Edited by Swifthawkee

Posted (edited)

Well for me it doesn't matter if I have everything on low, high or optimization mode. Major city with snow animation is equal to a freeze/crash for me, I'm perfectly fine when there is a usual weather or any other place in the game. About the ram increase it is some solution but idk for a stupid snow to need 4gb more ram. 

PS.

The Santa event is meh and I have issues with the in game snow great Christmas in BDO.

Edited by Zyler

Posted

http://black-desert.com/forums/blog/index.php/Entry/69-Ultimate-Black-Desert-FPS-Fix-Performance-Guide/

Finally managed to stay online for roughly 2-3 hours. Hope this helps guys.

Well for me it doesn't matter if I have everything on low, high or optimization mode. Major city with snow animation is equal to a freeze/crash for me, I'm perfectly fine when there is a usual weather or any other place in the game. About the ram increase it is some solution but idk for a stupid snow to need 4gb more ram. 

PS.

The Santa event is meh and I have issues with the in game snow great Christmas in BDO.

You just need upgrade you RAMs to more than 8gb if you want survive in snow, i looked on that Fix Performance guide i didnt help me with that before, just look how many RAMs you have, if you got it on Single od Dual channel, and on what MHz they running, my RAMs before been on 400MHz now 1300MHz with little upgrade from 8GB to 12GB.

Posted

So, are we now saying we as players need to upgrade our video cards to a higher ram card?  I have a GeForce GTX 750 Ti with 4096MB GDDR5 ram, so I should consider upgrading to a higher card?  <sigh>

Posted

No its not a stupid issue of Vram or ram, this snow or w.e they patched in is causing the crashes/freezes, stop giving ppl wrong ideas.

Stupid game cant even play for 5 minutes - keep crashing when im in heidel or any major city. Unplayable -.-

Posted (edited)

Tried with all of the optimization options. Got nothing, crashes as always.

Edited by Morshu32

Posted

Kakao its not my pc cpu gpu ISP driver or what ever excuse you try to pawn off that some how my computer that ran everything fine before the patch is now somehow the problem The problem is the snow patch...

Posted

You just need upgrade you RAMs to more than 8gb if you want survive in snow, i looked on that Fix Performance guide i didnt help me with that before, just look how many RAMs you have, if you got it on Single od Dual channel, and on what MHz they running, my RAMs before been on 400MHz now 1300MHz with little upgrade from 8GB to 12GB.

Nope.

My PC have 8gb of RAM and 2gb of vRAM, and I not get any crash.

Posted (edited)

Nope.

My PC have 8gb of RAM and 2gb of vRAM, and I not get any crash.

Im trying to say, ppls have unoptimalized/unstable PC what cause overflow and game crashing because theyr PC must load most thing, like Horses, characters, pets and other thing around with snowing and santa now.

I have 4cores 3.3GHz cpu 2gb GPU and 8gb DRam updated to 12gb,no SSD disk. 

I just upacked CPU, make a new update for BIOs, looked on DRam timing and now im not have any freezing in any city while snowing.

Im just trying to help. Most PPLs didnt looked on ther machines and its better to say its problem in-game than in theyr PC

So, are we now saying we as players need to upgrade our video cards to a higher ram card?  I have a GeForce GTX 750 Ti with 4096MB GDDR5 ram, so I should consider upgrading to a higher card?  <sigh>

not GPU but DRAM, you just badly understand

No its not a stupid issue of Vram or ram, this snow or w.e they patched in is causing the crashes/freezes, stop giving ppl wrong ideas.

Stupid game cant even play for 5 minutes - keep crashing when im in heidel or any major city. Unplayable -.-

Then tell me why im not have freezing when i looked for 2 days to my PC, its not in-game 

Kakao its not my pc cpu gpu ISP driver or what ever excuse you try to pawn off that some how my computer that ran everything fine before the patch is now somehow the problem The problem is the snow patch...

Problems are in your PCs dont be lazzy and take a time for yours PC, i did it after patch and, and got freezing with snow too, now no more.

Edited by Swifthawkee

Posted

Im trying to say, ppls have unoptimalized/unstable PC what cause overflow and game crashing because theyr PC must load most thing, like Horses, characters, pets and other thing around with snowing and santa now.

I have 4cores 3.3GHz cpu 2gb GPU and 8gb DRam updated to 12gb,no SSD disk. 

I just upacked CPU, make a new update for BIOs, looked on DRam timing and now im not have any freezing in any city while snowing.

Im just trying to help. Most PPLs didnt looked on ther machines and its better to say its problem in-game than in theyr PC

not GPU but DRAM, you just badly understand

Then tell me why im not have freezing when i looked for 2 days to my PC, its not in-game 

Problems are in your PCs dont be lazzy and take a time for yours PC, i did it after patch and, and got freezing with snow too, now no more.

Do you not read? Even ppl with 16gb ram and what not get that issue, I have a quadcore with enough ram and vram and it STILL Freezes, just because the issue is fixed for YOU Doesnt mean its gonna work for everyone.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Do you not read? Even ppl with 16gb ram and what not get that issue, I have a quadcore with enough ram and vram and it STILL Freezes, just because the issue is fixed for YOU Doesnt mean its gonna work for everyone.

ppls didnt say anything, how many rams they have,im only trying to say "look in your pcs before you say its problem in-game". But good luck, its fixed for me and its all

Edited by Swifthawkee

Posted (edited)

First thing if you have no idea what this guy is talking about i suggest you don't start changing settings on your pc especially in the voltage, timing or bios you could really mess things up.

I have been building and repairing, trouble shooting pc's for over 10 yrs I have enough knowledge to understand what your saying But the majority of ppl have no idea what vram voltage, dram timing or what and how to update bio's.

so when I say that its not my pc its because it meets or exceeds all the game standards and any knowledgeable person can tell you that if your pc is running the game fine and after the patch numerous ppl are having issues that it is more likely its something to do with the patch coding than a pc issue now I'm willing to concede that since it affects some pc's and not others might be due to certain settings on a pc or out of date system programs it is most likely a coding issue since the only major change in the patch was the addition of snow santa event and blaming the user would only be a way of discounting Kakao facing the truth that its they issue not ours.

Edited by kidflash112
upd
1 person likes this

Posted

ppls didnt say anything, how many rams they have,im only trying to say "look in your pcs before you say its problem in-game". But good luck, its fixed for me and its all

Of course the problem is IN GAME ! If the game ran fine for everybody before the patch and then after the patch people are having problems then obviously the cause IS THE PATCH ! ! ! I player right up till the servers shut down and had ZERO issues. The first time it snowed after the patch I got PC / Game freeze ! I haven't been able to play the game properly for almost a week now, this is a f****g joke !

I've lost millions due to not being able to AFK fish, my workers can't work as I'm never online and I have also lost out on rewards from events because I cant stay online long enough to earn them and as usual all we get from PA / Kakao is silence ! ! !

:(

Posted

Of course the problem is IN GAME ! If the game ran fine for everybody before the patch and then after the patch people are having problems then obviously the cause IS THE PATCH ! ! ! I player right up till the servers shut down and had ZERO issues. The first time it snowed after the patch I got PC / Game freeze ! I haven't been able to play the game properly for almost a week now, this is a f****g joke !

I've lost millions due to not being able to AFK fish, my workers can't work as I'm never online and I have also lost out on rewards from events because I cant stay online long enough to earn them and as usual all we get from PA / Kakao is silence ! ! !

I found that if you go to smaller towns were it never snows no game freeze so what ive been doing is going afk fishing in tariff and only switching over to alts in major cities to hit MP real quick or post in mp make or buy beer to refresh workers also i found that if i need to do a lot of processing like ores hides i load up and head from alto to boulder out post to do it so afk in small towns also if you look at world map you can see when its snowing in cities there's a grey haze with that said it has completely ruined any chance at santa gifts and i lost out on a lot of double xp wkend.

They need to fix this in the next patch or at least turn off snow in 1 major city so those of us having issues can still do business.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I found that if you go to smaller towns were it never snows no game freeze so what ive been doing is going afk fishing in tariff and only switching over to alts in major cities to hit MP real quick or post in mp make or buy beer to refresh workers also i found that if i need to do a lot of processing like ores hides i load up and head from alto to boulder out post to do it so afk in small towns also if you look at world map you can see when its snowing in cities there's a grey haze with that said it has completely ruined any chance at santa gifts and i lost out on a lot of double xp wkend.

They need to fix this in the next patch or at least turn off snow in 1 major city so those of us having issues can still do business.

Thanks, I'll try Tariff for fishing. They still need to fix what is potentially a 'game breaking' bug but as usual they 'seem' to be doing sod all !

edit 20/12/2016

Thanks @kidflash112 tried the Tariff thing and... yeah, no game freeze.

However all I have to do now is spend from now till spring (when they remove the snow effect) in tariff and don't go anywhere else in-game as its UNPLAYABLE ! ! !

I see we've still had no comments from either the DEVS or CMs. Nice to see they have just buried their heads and the sand and expect us to go away !

Edited by Phantax
stupid thread merging policy !
1 person likes this

Posted

No fix after maintenance, this means that we cannot play for another week minimum...

Posted

You're assuming that people who have the problem, has a PC that causes it. It's stupid to think, because everything was fine before of the patch.

Posted (edited)

I've been interacting/troubleshooting with a great GM the past few days trying to resolve these lockups in BDO. I've done as much as I could do on my end to make sure my computer is more than capable of running BDO (after years of repairing computers, servers, laptops, and printing machines you would think I would be more than capable to accomplish this however my meager skills have been called into question during this en-devour). In my last email to them, I've sent them to see this thread, hopefully they can get this resolved soon or just give us the option to turn the snow off. Before the snow event, I was running BDO graphics settings all on High with no problems. After the snow patch, I get the same results as OP when standing in Calpheon, Heidel, and Velia no matter what settings or tweaks to the game/my computer hardware I've done. Its Santa!!!!! Not the snow!!!!

Edited by Wyndkin
Found the actual cause: Santa not the snow!
1 person likes this

Posted

So you guys did nothing during maintenance yesterday, now your doing an emergency maintenance today with hot fixes and yet STILL NOTHING for this problem. Hell we haven't even had anybody with the manners to officially say something regarding this issue ! ! !

‌@CM_Praballo   GM_Rhotaaz  CM_Aethon

Posted

removeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shit snow efects!!!!!!! 2 weeks i cant play... real stupid...

Posted (edited)

Bump, please GMs read this topic.

@GM_Gemu

Edited by Morshu32