• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dark Knight Stream Observations...

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Legitimately whoever controls the characters for the trailers they release needs to be replaced. 
There are people in the mid 20's - early 30's on DK who are already making it look a lot more interesting despite not even having most of the flashier moves yet....
And it does seem that the trailer's attack speed was not maxed out. 
Also, watching the KR markets being flooded with talismans was a good laugh.

Anyone else watching and had their opinion go from "meh" to "ok maybe I'll play her after all"? lol 

Posted (edited)

Currently playing her and yeah, they could have a lot more skills put into the trailer. 

Edited by Alterist

Posted

Currently playing her and yeah, they could have a lot more skills put into the trailer.

So jealous of you right now T.T I'm not at home yet so I can't play her atm T.T 
Kill some chimeras for meeeee ~~~

Posted

Even with the 20% its a very slow class.  Steamers with maxed attack and cast are grinding about like the video speed wise.  Seems to be a very slow tank/magic class.

Posted (edited)

@Alterist I'm re downloading because every time I patched t would convert to a 24gb update. Why is that?

Edited by Undeadmerlin

Posted

tbh I like it so far

Posted

man, i was hoping this class was gonna take some mechanical skills to use, but it's so simple

Posted

Barely any better than in the trailer, as expected. You can take a look yourself at the skills in the link Alterist posted above, very basic. This class doesn't have her awakening out which means it won't be relevant in the game for a while, until then it's pure cashgrab which is not a bad thing for the developer and publisher, just need to have patience until they will decide to put some effort into making her worthwhile which means: awakening.

1 person likes this

Posted

@Alterist I'm re downloading because every time I patched t would convert to a 24gb update. Why is that?

KR or our version? Could at max translate the error for KR, though maybe it has to do with an English patch? Idk.

Posted

Now that I've gotten to play with her I've gotta eat all the words from my initial reaction to the trailer, because imo it did her no justice. I'm really digging her play style. Looking forward to the awakening (which I assume is tied to the lore of the new elf regions and probably will get lumped into that patch <let me dream> lol)

I like the heavy hitting moves mixed with the sorc  bamfing and mid range magic, knocking mob packs around bamfing away, nuking them from a distance just to gap close with more bamfing so you can finish off with some swordplay feels surprisingly fluid and satisfying to me. :3

And it's kinda encouraging for me to think that by the time she gets to the Na/Eu version she may well already be awakened and past her inevitable new class first pass nerf/buff cycle.

Only thing that bugs me about her is her idle stance with her legs spread awkwardly wide, but that's just nitpicking.

Posted

Now that I've gotten to play with her I've gotta eat all the words from my initial reaction to the trailer, because imo it did her no justice. I'm really digging her play style. Looking forward to the awakening (which I assume is tied to the lore of the new elf regions and probably will get lumped into that patch <let me dream> lol)

I like the heavy hitting moves mixed with the sorc  bamfing and mid range magic, knocking mob packs around bamfing away, nuking them from a distance just to gap close with more bamfing so you can finish off with some swordplay feels surprisingly fluid and satisfying to me. :3

And it's kinda encouraging for me to think that by the time she gets to the Na/Eu version she may well already be awakened and past her inevitable new class first pass nerf/buff cycle.

Only thing that bugs me about her is her idle stance with her legs spread awkwardly wide, but that's just nitpicking.

Project Runway warrior? That's a new term.

Posted

man, i was hoping this class was gonna take some mechanical skills to use, but it's so simple

Aspect, name and everything pretty much tells that the class is made for some audience Im not gonna name to trigger some masses. But yeah, I on the other hand was expecting that class to be hella easy for obvious reasons.

Posted

For you streamers, what exactly does DK use for her mainhand? 

Posted

For you streamers, what exactly does DK use for her mainhand? 

spellsword, a brand new weapon type. 

Posted (edited)

I'm so so jealous! Im at work and i can't wait to get home and try her! Is she using sorc offhand talisman or ornamental knot? O.o I read it somewhere as translation and it triggered me! How is the gameplay? How is the playstyle? Does she have more skills than the trailer? The trailer wasn't good enough, but i have faith in her! :x What kind of extra costumes does she get except the one we've seen?

Edit: I'm watching the skills now from the calculator! I'M HYPED AF! \o/

Edited by eDust

Posted

The patch notes mentioned new skin colors.  Does anyone have screens of those?

Posted (edited)

I'm so so jealous! Im at work and i can't wait to get home and try her! Is she using sorc offhand talisman or ornamental knot? O.o I read it somewhere as translation and it triggered me! How is the gameplay? How is the playstyle? Does she have more skills than the trailer? The trailer wasn't good enough, but i have faith in her! :x What kind of extra costumes does she get except the one we've seen?

Edit: I'm watching the skills now from the calculator! I'M HYPED AF! \o/

ornamental knot from Giants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbDVWPRf0ls&t=3s

The patch notes mentioned new skin colors.  Does anyone have screens of those?

http://www.inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=3849&p=5&category=다크나이트&l=24143

Edited by Phiu
1 person likes this

Posted

Ty @Phiu for confirming :)  On the video i saw she has only the basic costume and the life skil / camo ones? ;w;

Posted

Ty @Phiu for confirming :)  On the video i saw she has only the basic costume and the life skil / camo ones? ;w;

i think so, the only costume i seen so far in videos was the one from the trailer (sorry for my bad english, hope you understand what i mean xD)

Posted

i think so, the only costume i seen so far in videos was the one from the trailer (sorry for my bad english, hope you understand what i mean xD)

Yes ofc i do :) No worries. Do u happen to know what armor set happens to be the best for her?

Posted

Seems very underwhelming so far tbh. Watched a streamer grinding elric with 218 ap and it was a very slow clear even for a pre awakening class. Lets see how it goes in the next few days.

Posted

From just watching 15 minutes of some random Russian dude streaming it, she looks like some direct hybrid of Warrior/Wizard/Sorc.  Seemingly nothing truly original, but rather it looked as if her skills were these direct rips from these 3 class skill sets, with different looking animations.  

I don't have the time to look at her skill tree or descriptions, so keep in mind this is just me watching this dude streaming her grinding in Hex for like 15 minutes while I drink my coffee and check emails.

Meh...  was hoping for something that was truly "different" besides being merely different enough to be a cash sink.  

I of course could be sorely mistaken.. who knows we surely won't see her in NA/EU for quite awhile.  

Posted

darks op plz nerf

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0