• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Why PVE players need not worry about PVP for now

76 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Even if everyone reaches 50, with the current Karma system, I can guarantee that Open World PVP will be Non-existent, except for GvG.

Its very simple, if you kill white players TWICE, you become yellow, if you kill only 8 white players (8 x 60000), you become red.
And by that time, you are already -500,000 karma, red, hunted everywhere, and if you die you drop stuff.

Only when a defending white player kills the instigator, can you don't lose karma. And seems like for the NA/EU version, white players don't have losses when they die.

So no one will be stupid enough to kill white players, and lose lots and lots of karma, and become a target for people to kill, and drop gear at the same time.
Not forgetting each mob you grind only gives like 70 karma? With -500,000 karma, and being hunted, i'd say good luck to ya.

By reading above we already know that Open World PVP will be next to Zero when 50 comes.

They have got to revamp the Karma system. :)

Edited by Baby Mamegoma
4 people like this

Posted

I agree its a horrible system

Posted

Hopefully they fix it, theres still plenty of time before everyone reaches 50. Btw, seems like they will fix it before CBT2 starts. :)

Posted

I haveNt played the game yet and it's the first time someone actually explains the karma a bit (atleast from what i saw so far)

The karma penalty is somewhat over the top indeed but i think a punishment system should always be in place. Otherwise the game would just fall into a  land of arnachism and, even tho the hardcore pvp'ers like to say:"dont play the game if you dont want to pvp" let's be real, if those people quit the game, the game would not throw enough profit and the game would close soon, just sad that those plebs don't see that. At the end of the day, the game needs the playerbase, PvP'er, PvE'er, carebears, and plebs. Everyone is part of it and if you think that one of them should not play the game, you might just be a gigantic a-hole ^_ ^ work on yourself :3 o/

2 people like this

Posted

Even if everyone reaches 50, with the current Karma system, I can guarantee that Open World PVP will be Non-existent, except for GvG.

Its very simple, if you kill white players TWICE, you become yellow, if you kill only 8 white players (8 x 60000), you become red.
And by that time, you are already -500,000 karma, red, hunted everywhere, and if you die you drop stuff.

Only when a defending white player kills the instigator, can you don't lose karma. And seems like for the NA/EU version, white players don't have losses when they die.

So no one will be stupid enough to kill white players, and lose lots and lots of karma, and become a target for people to kill, and drop gear at the same time.
Not forgetting each mob you grind only gives like 70 karma? With -500,000 karma, and being hunted, i'd say good luck to ya.

By reading above we already know that Open World PVP will be next to Zero when 50 comes.

They have got to revamp the Karma system. :)

We will have KR karma system on launch so it will be even worse then this.

Posted

I like the system in Archeage but it would require and im not sure that would be a good idea in this game

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

yeah I mean they basicly said the karma was the most important thing they wanted to fix, that they took seriously our CBT1 feedback... But then they did nothing with Karma but a sketch here in on the forums that will be implemented from months after release to never at all. I mean... Telling us: well ftm monsters give more karma, or kills give less negative karma, etc. Would have been enough, but nop, nothing at all.........

Edited by Tinaral

Posted

nothing similar to archeage is good for this game. 

2 people like this

Posted

Anyway, though we want it to be fixed, now only the OwPVP is affected, so its back to enjoying all the rest of the game first.  And there's plenty. :)

Posted

We don't really know how the Bounty Hunter system will play into this. If you regain around 10,000 karma for each bounty it would make OwPvP a bit more viable. Also, those who are already purple or red can always fight against each other, so I think there's no real issue. Unless i'm misunderstanding the meaning of OwPvP and the point is to kill those who can't even put up a fight.

Posted (edited)

We don't really know how the Bounty Hunter system will play into this. If you regain around 10,000 karma for each bounty it would make OwPvP a bit more viable. Also, those who are already purple or red can always fight against each other, so I think there's no real issue. Unless i'm misunderstanding the meaning of OwPvP and the point is to kill those who can't even put up a fight.

Not exactly right, if only just 8 kills takes away 480,000 karma and each mob gives 70. Even if its 10k per bounty, he has to do 48 of them while being hunted. Could be a challenge.
It could be 8 kills on different players, it could be 3 kills in a skirmish then the next day helping a guildie.

One way (which may not be good) i just thought of, is possibly to modify the penalty from 1% to a number. Because 1% of 1 million and 1% of 100,000 is alot of difference.

The penalty should be there, but it should not restrict open world pvp so much until no one engages in it.

I haveNt played the game yet and it's the first time someone actually explains the karma a bit (atleast from what i saw so far)

The karma penalty is somewhat over the top indeed but i think a punishment system should always be in place. Otherwise the game would just fall into a  land of arnachism and, even tho the hardcore pvp'ers like to say:"dont play the game if you dont want to pvp" let's be real, if those people quit the game, the game would not throw enough profit and the game would close soon, just sad that those plebs don't see that. At the end of the day, the game needs the playerbase, PvP'er, PvE'er, carebears, and plebs. Everyone is part of it and if you think that one of them should not play the game, you might just be a gigantic a-hole ^_ ^ work on yourself :3 o/

Ran out of "likes", so thanks for the compliment. :)

Edited by Baby Mamegoma

Posted

i think this is a tricky thing to fix because u can end up having to fight someone constantly which can be super annoying and can make it very hard to get stuff done to some people it seems like it doesnt matter and it should just be part of the game if ur fighting someone every 10mins but im sure when people r trying to level they will find it super annoying when they cant farm creeps because people r trying to kill them constantly for the giggles especially since they r lowering the cap for open pvp from 50 now we can end up having level 50+ camping spots to kill under leveled people 10 levels or more below them which will basically just be open ----- for everyone to watch sure its fun to shit all over someone when they cant do anything because of the difference in levels but its not fun for the low level kitty just trying to catch up to everyone and since the game is so big on economy fighting constantly or every 10 mins can even hurt that because people wont be able to get things done they wont be able to farm supplys they need for crafting or fish for cooking because they r to busy fighting off the server that is after them for the giggles so little money is made and little supplies are gathered to sell and level crafting skills so they can sell useful stuff for people to buy then the economy in the game ends up being not that great archeage system doesnt matter there wasnt even a reason to kill someone of ur race in that game unless it was for packs and even that game had 50s camping level 30 zones hiding to kill the low level people for the giggles sorry not kill them i mean ----- cuz thats what it was the 2 countries was the big part for open pvp in that game we dont have that we have guilds and then just normal people but currently there is no reason to randomly kill someone in bdo other than the giggles unless they have tradepacks if they can be drop i hear they can and cant so idk or cuz a bunch of people r farming a spot and u need to make room but there is also the chance that after u kill them they just come right back to fight it keeps going back and forth until one side get tiered of fighting constantly its also a problem for the karma system cuz if u kill someone for a spot nothing is stopping them form coming back and if u keep killing them u will just end up loseing all ur karma but it is a hard system to fix idk if my points even explain this well at all in anyway and if it doesnt sorry u read the whole thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not exactly right, if only just 8 kills takes away 480,000 karma and each mob gives 70. Even if its 10k per bounty, he has to do 48 of them while being hunted. Could be a challenge.It could be 8 kills on different players, it could be 3 kills in a skirmish then the next day helping a guildie.

One way (which may not be good) i just thought of, is possibly to modify the penalty from 1% to a number. Because 1% of 1 million and 1% of 100,000 is alot of difference.

The penalty should be there, but it should not restrict open world pvp so much until no one engages in it.

Regarding the bounty system, my point was that no one knows what it has in store and what it's going to do, so we can hope for the best. And the Karma system is fine as is. It doesn't encourage OwPvP, but the repercussions aren't nearly as severe when fighting other PvPers (AKA those who are red/purple). It only penalizes you greatly if you want to go kill some guy who is picking flowers on the side of the road and I find nothing wrong with that.

Posted

Do i see it correctly:

white player A dislikes white player B because, player B has a more kawaii character

A proceeds to kill B, Player A will get a punishment of -60000 Karma, doesnt matter too much because he will still turn white again (right?)

Scenario one; Player B is super carebear and goes away because he just got killed by player A, he is sad and needs time to craft tissues. Player A now keeps grinding mobs and will eventually reach karma 0 again. Now, will karma go above 0? Also, no other conesequence for Player A anymore? right?)

Scenario B

B really likes to show of his kawaii set of armor and is (like me) a person that prefers to poke in a open wound, since all humans know, if you are not kawaii as Player B, it kinda sucks! So he proceeds and goes to player A over and over again, Player A has fallen into a ----- train and kills player B over and over again. At what point will player A turn red? -500k? When will he become white again, 0? Will Player A get further penalties for killing more white people? basically, can Player B now ill player A without - karma but player A is kinda fuked since he would lose more and more?

Posted

Do i see it correctly:

white player A dislikes white player B because, player B has a more kawaii character

A proceeds to kill B, Player A will get a punishment of -60000 Karma, doesnt matter too much because he will still turn white again (right?)

Scenario one; Player B is super carebear and goes away because he just got killed by player A, he is sad and needs time to craft tissues. Player A now keeps grinding mobs and will eventually reach karma 0 again. Now, will karma go above 0? Also, no other conesequence for Player A anymore? right?)

Scenario B

B really likes to show of his kawaii set of armor and is (like me) a person that prefers to poke in a open wound, since all humans know, if you are not kawaii as Player B, it kinda sucks! So he proceeds and goes to player A over and over again, Player A has fallen into a ----- train and kills player B over and over again. At what point will player A turn red? -500k? When will he become white again, 0? Will Player A get further penalties for killing more white people? basically, can Player B now ill player A without - karma but player A is kinda fuked since he would lose more and more?

To be white your Karma has to be between 150,000 to 300,000. So if Player A gets mad and kills Player B once there is no issue at all. And for scenario B, they created the ability to ignore players for a reason.

Posted (edited)

We will have KR karma system on launch so it will be even worse then this.

Can you confirm we get the KR instead of RU? I'd like to see because this is very bad news to me.

Edited by LoneWolf

Posted

Nobody likes a PKer. So I think the Karma system is fine where its at. If you don't wanna regrind to white then don't kill.

4 people like this

Posted

Nobody likes a PKer. So I think the Karma system is fine where its at. If you don't wanna regrind to white then don't kill.

I don't like griefers too, but this is a PVP game. Not only that, it is supposed to be a Open World PVP game.
So the game should encourage Open World PVP and at the same time have some mechanism to prevent griefers.

Killing people is part of the game, guidelines (Karma) are there to make sure they won't force people to leave.

It's tricky for Pearl Abyss because they are a big company, because of this, their shareholders demand profit (I guess). And I can understand their difficulties.
This did not happen to Albion Online (as an example), they're a small company and actually launched the game with full hardcore PVP, you lose everything upon death, no excuses.

Posted (edited)

I hate your absolutes.
I can confirm;

Regardless of our karma, We will still kill players when we feel like it.

Dropping stuff assumes that people can kill us in the first place.
Stop assuming that just because people are so far gone in -rep that they can't come back, that they won't kill newbies that USE DAMN ABSOLUTES IN THEIR POINTS.

/BDOHitlist();

Edited by War
1 person likes this

Posted

Just toggle your PVP flag ON.

We can PVP everywhere without penalty...only attack against players with PVP flag on OFF give bad karma.

If i understand correctly...

Posted (edited)

Just toggle your PVP flag ON.

We can PVP everywhere without penalty...only attack against players with PVP flag on OFF give bad karma.

If i understand correctly...

Is this confirmed? You mean GVG right? Or does this also include the individual? If it does include the individual then this post is useless :D

I hate your absolutes.
I can confirm;

Awesome, you are quite absolute too. :)

Edited by Baby Mamegoma

Posted

Is this confirmed? You mean GVG right? Or does this also include the individual? If it does include the individual then this post is useless :D

Cannot found the post but i think it's for any PVP in the open world.

Posted (edited)

Awesome, you are quite absolute too. :)

Adding a conditional to an absolute statement makes it an absolute, is basically what you're saying.. Yes?
LOGIC.ERR

I can guarantee that Open World PVP will be Non-existent

Absolute, and for the most part, nonsensical. 

Absolute until when we feel like it.

Good Day, to you.

Edited by War

Posted

Absolute, and for the most part, nonsensical. 

Ah, but first you must say why, but you didn't feel like it :)

Posted

I don't like griefers too, but this is a PVP game. Not only that, it is supposed to be a Open World PVP game.So the game should encourage Open World PVP and at the same time have some mechanism to prevent griefers.

Killing people is part of the game, guidelines (Karma) are there to make sure they won't force people to leave.

It's tricky for Pearl Abyss because they are a big company, because of this, their shareholders demand profit (I guess). And I can understand their difficulties.
This did not happen to Albion Online (as an example), they're a small company and actually launched the game with full hardcore PVP, you lose everything upon death, no excuses.

Not a PVP game. MOBA's are PVP games. What makes you think its supposed to be a OwPVP game?

1 person likes this