• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dark Knight Gameplay & Skill Demo

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone, I played around with the Dark Knight on the Korean servers for a few hrs and recorded some gameplay footage as well as a demonstration of most of the skills incase anyone is curious what the class feels like. Enjoy!

Gameplay is of Level 35 but I think I unlocked most skills so the high level ones shouldn't feel much different.

4 people like this

Posted

thanks for the video ( but skill camera shake is damn horrible )

That's kinda what i was afraid of, it look like a plum thing, with very few skill so poor "gameplay diversity".

Will still try it, tho, but well i'am definitely not insanely hyped.

Posted (edited)

thanks for the video ( but skill camera shake is damn horrible )

That's kinda what i was afraid of, it look like a plum thing, with very few skill so poor "gameplay diversity".

Will still try it, tho, but well i'am definitely not insanely hyped.

You can turn the camera shake down.  Or completely off.  I have it set very very low on my Valk.

Thanks for the vid, Dulfy :)

Edited by Rozett

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, I played around with the Dark Knight on the Korean servers for a few hrs and recorded some gameplay footage as well as a demonstration of most of the skills incase anyone is curious what the class feels like. Enjoy!

Gameplay is of Level 35 but I think I unlocked most skills so the high level ones shouldn't feel much different.

Any word on if this will be hitting NA soon? Might give me a reason to come back.

Edited by Xariun

Posted

Was she released with awakening already finished? If not chances are she's not worth playing at all for 6+ months unless you really want/like the class.

Posted

i go mad.. second female class with dark themed skills, and meanwhile no male class dark themed...  WTF!!

Posted

Was she released with awakening already finished? If not chances are she's not worth playing at all for 6+ months unless you really want/like the class.

Yeah, I dont get why they use that release pattern. Really kills the interest in a new class. There's no coincidence that wiz, witch, kuno and ninja are on the bottom in terms of popularity in Korea. They where the last 4 classes to come out(prior to dark elf) and they had to wait between 8-12 month for awakening.

Sure they give some pre-awakened buffs to newer classes, with added multipliers, to compete better. But still no way near the strength and power you get on any awakened class at higher levels. If they make the same mistake with dark elf, no one will play it as main for a very long time.

Posted

Yeah, I dont get why they use that release pattern. Really kills the interest in a new class. There's no coincidence that wiz, witch, kuno and ninja are on the bottom in terms of popularity in Korea. They where the last 4 classes to come out(prior to dark elf) and they had to wait between 8-12 month for awakening.

Sure they give some pre-awakened buffs to newer classes, with added multipliers, to compete better. But still no way near the strength and power you get on any awakened class at higher levels. If they make the same mistake with dark elf, no one will play it as main for a very long time.

Depends, really. You won't see them often in competitive areas, but this class actually looks fun to me. I loved my Sorc because of the mobility and the self-healing and this seems to bring that together in a more tolerable pre-Awakening state in which I'd actually enjoy playing.

Posted

The class feels quite heavy and slow.

Posted

Does anyone has a clue on when we can expect a release in NA? O-o like.. any news form Kakao at all? Im asuming its gona be a while.. but how long ish?  like i know we need naval content first but i not no clue on a time table if its gona come in 1 month or 1 year or anything?

Posted

Does anyone has a clue on when we can expect a release in NA? O-o like.. any news form Kakao at all? Im asuming its gona be a while.. but how long ish?  like i know we need naval content first but i not no clue on a time table if its gona come in 1 month or 1 year or anything?

People are speculating March or whatever, but I have a feeling it'll be closer to the summer before we see her. May/June is my prediction, since it was said at some point the goal was for us to be around six months behind Korea once it's all said and done. I do hope I'm wrong since I'm really liking the class from what I've seen.

Posted

I logged into KR for the first time since last December and they gave me a free +15 zarka and awakening weapon box... that awkward moment when you have boss weapons on a lvl 12 character meanwhile your 58 sorc on local servers still has Tri blues...

Posted

huh, doesn't look all that exciting.. :c

ty for vid though

Posted

I logged into KR for the first time since last December and they gave me a free +15 zarka and awakening weapon box... that awkward moment when you have boss weapons on a lvl 12 character meanwhile your 58 sorc on local servers still has Tri blues...

O_o

Posted

couldn't watch through the whole video, too much screenshake.

Posted

O_o

yeah that's about my reaction.... oh well guess my DK will level easy.

Posted

yeah that's about my reaction.... oh well guess my DK will level easy.

Well, at least they've realized how much of an issue they caused with their wonky "balance"

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

All animation are terribly slow.. more slow that a valkyrie... this classe will be a shit in Pvp and grind with this slowness.

Edited by Catastigma

Posted

ez ketchup mechanic in KR while the norm is tet gear. Still pretty cool to have for them. And your time will come soon enough on your local server :D

Posted

All animation are terribly slow.. more slow that a valkyrie... this classe will be a shit in Pvp and grind with this slowness.

I just hope it doesn't feel clunky like the valk awakening.

Posted (edited)

You can turn the camera shake down.  Or completely off.  I have it set very very low on my Valk.

Thanks for the vid, Dulfy :)

I know, i was speaking about that in the video

thoses guys and their "catch up" mechanic...

I mean, if in the first place they had setup nice progression curve ( gear - lvl )   they wouldnt be in need of such stuff.

Not saying, doing that often "gear give away" its already pretty much saying : " yes our system is sh#t and a pain in the a**, so we help boost everyone"

All that to say, i would rather NEVER have "free gear" BUT have a smoother gear progression instead ( so quit that RNG alienating plague ) at least we would have more chance to have more interesting gameplay to get the gear instead of the current pointless gambling crap.

Thoses devs clearly did wonderfull thing on that game, but when it come to progression - balance and somes other things, they are just terribad.

Edited by woots

Posted

lmao, that short skill/gameplay demo did a way better job of presenting the class than the teaser/trailer.

One question though, is that your maximum combat speed? do you have att. and cast speed on 5? I hope no, because she is too slow :( And that doesnt even make any sense, because swords are AFAIK designed to have their mass center somewhere around the handle, so the weight is closer to the body which makes spinning and slashing a lot faster. Also according to wikipedia, a real great sword weighs around 2- 3.2 kilogramms. That's nothing that cant be dealt with a little bit of daily weight lifting.

Posted (edited)

ugly sword, ugly character, ugly armor and ugly gender locked race! We need a badass male exclusive class before this game turns into another Tera 2.0

Edited by Grendel

Posted

I saw streamed video where it seemed much faster so it could be that OP is playing without speed modifying gear/skills.  I also heard they have a skill to greatly increase speed but I will have to double check on that.

Posted

It seems kinda slow. I really hoped it was going to be a more speedy 2-handed class while Warrior's awakening was the slow 2-hander.

There's really nothing about it that screams "Dark Knight" in my opinion.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0