• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do You Hate Your Awakening? What Next?

30 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't been awakened yet, I'm still softly sleeping on my bed of green mint and clovers, patiently awaiting next week.  I would like to think that I'll log in and instantly love my Awakening.

I do wonder though, what if I hate it?  Do you hate it and if you do - how did that affect your game experience?

Posted

You reroll

Posted (edited)

It's physically impossible to hate your main's awakening. You will be like: Damn... I hate this thing... I have hundreds of hours and billions of silver in this character... Yaay I love this thing.

Edited by Kenwulf
4 people like this

Posted

Trixxxxx

Posted

You're a witch aren't you? You silly staff evie. Shall I bring up the free match scores? I thought you'd learn your lesson and gone ranger but noooooo eretai made the same mistake too and rolled sorc like the scythe evie he is.

Reroll ranger.

Remember the tier list.

A0A232C3-4728-41DD-B539-CECCF867ED99.thu

Posted

It's physically impossible to hate your main's awakening. You will be like: Damn... I hate this thing... I have hundreds of hours and billions of silver in this character... Yaay I love this thing.

since hate is emotional not physical, sure I'll agree with your statements. However, I also can say that people are capable of hating anything and everything, even things they have never seen.

Posted

I didn't like my Sorc's awakening at all despite all of the time I put into her, so I rerolled a Kunoichi. :) Love this one!

Getting to 56 isn't too hard now, so if you have an alt you could always toss them up to 56 and try out others if you don't like yours and see which one you like the most.  As a preparation (if you haven't already!) I'd watch all of the videos and stuff you can on her awakening to make sure it's something you might be interested in, and understand the differences between the Wizard/Witch ones since from what I hear they play somewhat differently despite looking so similar.  If you've already done that and you're still excited, then I'd say your chances of enjoying it are pretty good!

1 person likes this

Posted

I mained warrior before awakening and loved it to death. Such an amazing class design, despite it being super weak in pve and pvp.

Awakening came out, and the animation-cancelling, lightning fast, and versatile class that I loved became a six skill rotation of bland greatsword swings that facerolled anything in front of me with 0 thought.

Rerolled to Valkyrie and I'm in love with this class.

1 person likes this

Posted

I love the maehwa playstyle until i got the awakening. I just find it slow. I started leveling a Ninja and Musa to try them out to see how I like them. i like them far more then Maehwa and now I'm trying to figure out which one I want to main until Dark Knight to try her out.

Posted

I rerolled.no regrets. 

Posted

I haven't been awakened yet, I'm still softly sleeping on my bed of green mint and clovers, patiently awaiting next week.  I would like to think that I'll log in and instantly love my Awakening.

I do wonder though, what if I hate it?  Do you hate it and if you do - how did that affect your game experience?

BDO do not need such thing like the awakening. It is invented to make money. ;)

Posted

BDO do not need such thing like the awakening. It is invented to make money. ;)

Damn sherlock, you're on to something .... ppl invent things for money?

On a side note, i main witch and from video's i watched, i don't think anyone that mains wiz/witch will hate it.

Posted (edited)

Damn sherlock, you're on to something .... ppl invent things for money?

On a side note, i main witch and from video's i watched, i don't think anyone that mains wiz/witch will hate it.

After seeing all the little kids trolling around with their awakening weapons ... well, seriously I will not troll around if I had H-Bombs!:D

Do Superheroes troll around because of their super power? Yes, they do if they went nuts.:ph34r:

And what will be the next step? Awakening V2? Or maybe sleeping V2?O.o

Edited by Joungf

Posted

I love the maehwa playstyle until i got the awakening. I just find it slow. I started leveling a Ninja and Musa to try them out to see how I like them. i like them far more then Maehwa and now I'm trying to figure out which one I want to main until Dark Knight to try her out.

this.

The mae playstyle after awakening totally turned me off. It just feels slow and clunky.

I had a kuno alt which is now 56.5 or so and so much more fun. Just a shame i cant transfer the health training etc.

Posted (edited)

I hate my awakening because it's really gear dependant and even with TRI Full Boss and 190 AP i can't do some stuff , that orthers classes can do 

eg : Maehwa > Blader PvE + PvP with the same gear..

I'll reroll.

Edited by Asinith

Posted

yeah thats what happened to most ninjas, everybody loved the class till it got those 6 katanas and a stupid stance... to bad we cant choose what awakening we like.

Posted

As I said - nobody need the awakening  ... it is superfluous ...

Posted

I really love my Awakening as a Wizard and it has not even been released yet. BTW Witch is quite nice awakened, i bet you will not regret :3.

Posted

I mained warrior before awakening and loved it to death. Such an amazing class design, despite it being super weak in pve and pvp.

Awakening came out, and the animation-cancelling, lightning fast, and versatile class that I loved became a six skill rotation of bland greatsword swings that facerolled anything in front of me with 0 thought.

Rerolled to Valkyrie and I'm in love with this class.

Holly crap its like i wrote this post. I was totally in the same boat as you. Loved pre-awakening warrior was fun high skill cap class and 2 days after awakening came i said **** it.

Rerolled ... and rerolled couple of times after to finally find my self enyojing Ninja.

It sucks ... really hard with this awakening weapons changing class meta totally ... its like selecting class to play at level one, till level 56 you will use a big axe and at 56 you get RNG class change and you can get anything from an OP bow to a freaking hand gun.

1 person likes this

Posted

wishthis game had a test out feature like wow.where u canmake a trial character you can grind with for an hour or 2 only or duel for a little bit with other people testing a class.

Posted

i rerolled

might try for 3rd

Posted (edited)

As I said - nobody need the awakening  ... it is superfluous ...

Go to Aakman temple without awakening, then come back and tell us your story.

I think you'll find it less superfluous then.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

started warrior. enjoyed the awakening at first but got really dull really fast. rerolled ninja. loving it.

Posted

Keep your witch. In a few days from now you'll own the world.

Posted

I mained a Maehwa for a long time...I played other classes as well though because I get bored of playing the same character all the time, but I would always spend significantly more time on my maehwa than any other character. now when the awakening came out for the maehwa, I absolutely hated the awakening. I tried to give it a chance and adapt, but it changed the play style of the character that was very different from what I found fun about the maehwa and it was not enjoyable for me. So...I'm a Sorc main now because when the awakening came out for the sorc I instantly liked it and found it fun. I miss the maneuverability of the maehwa compared to the sorc, but I am finding ways to compensate. I am going to give the dark knight a good tryout and if I like it I may switch to that, but for now I'm a sorc....looking at all the Zarka blades that have gone up on the market recently it would suggest I'm not the only one that abandoned the maehwa after the awakening came out.