• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Ninja with Awakening] Losing the Double Jump & Shadow Slash does not make sense. Less agility...

Do you want the Double Jump & Shadow Slash in the Ninja's Awakening?   129 votes

1. 1. Do you want the Double Jump & Shadow Slash in the Ninja's Awakening?

• Yes, I want to recover the Double Jump & Shadow Slash in the Awakening
    • No, the Double Jump & Shadow Slash should only be for the normal weapon
    • I just want the Double Jump
    • I just want the Shadow Slash

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The Ninja class should be the fastest and most agile with a difference (although in this game even an 80-year-old mage is agile ¬¬ '), and should gain even more speed and agility with his Awakening. Awakening should empower the Classes to their maximum capacity, to make them a "professional class".

What is the point, then, that the Ninja Class miss the double jump with their Awakening Weapon, how important is that double jump? No sense at all ... Less sense yet, because when you have the Awakening sheathed, you do have a double jump, but when you get a katana, you lose it. It's ridiculous...

The Ninja needs that double jump with his Awakening Weapon, imperatively.

P.S:

As a final reflection ... the game is becoming more and more empty, and even have been forced to unite all the Servers so that it seems that there are more people playing Black Desert.
The problems that Black Desert has are very simple, but they are not listening to their users; At least it is not Europe and North America.

Perhaps in Asia they love that all classes are almost as agile, they may love to kill hundreds of thousands of nonsense enemies, and you may like to see colorful lights everywhere; But they must understand one thing .... "THIS IS NOT ASIA".
Here we liked the game as it was in CBT1 and CBT2 in Korea. A more leisurely fight, where the Warriors were slow and the Sorcerers were quick. There must be a big difference between one class and another for your class to really like and identify with it. If you choose a class, you have to accept that class with its good things and its bad things, it does not serve that everyone put mobility because there are classes that should have 10% of the mobility that others have.
We also prefer a complete, complex and deep story missions system. We do not like being 8 hours a day killing and killing non-stop and meaningless.
Neither do we like colorful lights everywhere, we do not like an enemy to shine every time we hit him with the sword, and we do not like to see a lot of gada lights instead we just move the sword through the air ... We understand That a Wizard / Witch or Sorcerer must have visual references to their magical powers (although they should have less), but not a Warrior, Berserker or Ninja. These classes should give normal blows, without so many colored lights ...

And last and most important, TRANSLATE THE GAME TO SPANISH. Imagine that this game had not been created by Pearl Abyss, imagine that a Romanian company had created it. Would you like to play Black Desert in Romanian in Asia? No, right ...? Well here we do not like to play Black Desert in English; For us it is the same

They have 2 options.
1. Continue without listening to your community and end up being another generic MMORPG that came to nothing, but with nice graphics.
2. Do things well and triumph over World of Warcraft ...

You choose. They have already seen that as they go so far, all they are doing is losing users ... We have been asking for changes for almost 1 year, they start to listen to their community, or they are going to be completely alone.

Edited by Lobo Necrodes

Posted

Shadow slash also, and shadow stomp for more close gaps... Dude how much does it take for u to press C? Nobody took the skill from you, just switch to shortsword for long time movement/trickjumping. What is this pool actually for? Of course everybody would like it. However it's not any big loss.

For me awakening ninja is great as it is. There could be less WP consumption on some skills or at least one wp regen addon to keep good clearing speed in pve but i can deal with that.

2 people like this

Posted

I voted yes just because Kuno still has double jump with awakening, I'm curious why ninjas lost it. o.O

2 people like this

Posted

As a final reflection ... the game is becoming more and more empty, and even have been forced to unite all the Servers so that it seems that there are more people playing Black Desert.
The problems that Black Desert has are very simple, but they are not listening to their users; At least it is not Europe and North America.

This could not be any more false. There are more and more players joining the game at the moment with all of the events and beginner incentives, and it's pretty easy to just log in and see how populated every single channel is. And they were not "forced" to merge the servers for any reason. The game was meant to be released as one big megaserver from the start. After all of the backlash from a few months ago, the community has been fairly chill since Kakao/Daum have been making better decisions. Just for example, banning shovel exploiters and bringing gifting back for the holidays. I seriously have no idea why you're thinking these things.

As for losing the double jump in Awakening stance, it does suck not having it, especially considering Kunos get it in their Awakening stance. It's not something that makes or breaks the class or anything though... all you need to do is press C as already stated.

1 person likes this

Posted

If this was a thread related to bugs, I'd like the shit out of it. But double jump, really?
You can't expect him to double jump with 6 swords on himself bruh! Kuno is supposed to be an agile stripper, and her weapon is easier to handle so I guess it's kinda justified.

2 people like this

Posted

This could not be any more false. There are more and more players joining the game at the moment with all of the events and beginner incentives, and it's pretty easy to just log in and see how populated every single channel is. And they were not "forced" to merge the servers for any reason. The game was meant to be released as one big megaserver from the start. After all of the backlash from a few months ago, the community has been fairly chill since Kakao/Daum have been making better decisions. Just for example, banning shovel exploiters and bringing gifting back for the holidays. I seriously have no idea why you're thinking these things.

As for losing the double jump in Awakening stance, it does suck not having it, especially considering Kunos get it in their Awakening stance. It's not something that makes or breaks the class or anything though... all you need to do is press C as already stated.

Well... To be honest, if I had that double jump it would help a lot with side ways strafing whenever you ----- up and press space at the wrong time

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

They have 2 options.
1. Continue without listening to your community and end up being another generic MMORPG that came to nothing, but with nice graphics.
2. Do things well and triumph over World of Warcraft ...

You choose. They have already seen that as they go so far, all they are doing is losing users ... We have been asking for changes for almost 1 year, they start to listen to their community, or they are going to be completely alone.

1. The problem is, 80% of the garbage requests that are popping up on this forum appear to be entitled and whiny. Being that I am an adult, and let's pretend I am a developer and I see these posts the way I previously stated. I will ignore said petty requests, and cause people to be even more angry. People were crying about snow coverage. People were crying about dyeable parts on a costume. People were requesting their class to be the most OP. Someone complained that the character customization wasn't enough and demanded MORE. Do these sound remotely viable interests to a company that has bigger fixes to endure? Yes, they have made some changes from the persistent cry baby post repetition, but overall they could probably care less about the minority.  This game is awesome. Disagree? Go play any older MMO that has less content, target tap turn based combat, and less graphics. 

2. They can't/won't. WoW is a themepark MMO, this is a "sandbox" MMO. They would have to completely overhaul their system. Be realistic. 

So I guess I neither agree, nor disagree with your initial post reason. They don't have it....if that's a deal breaker, roll something else. 

I'd really hate to be a game developer these days... You can give someone a million dollars and they'd find a way to complain about it. 

Edited by GoodIntroMusic
1 person likes this

Posted

1. The problem is, 80% of the garbage requests that are popping up on this forum appear to be entitled and whiny. Being that I am an adult, and let's pretend I am a developer and I see these posts the way I previously stated. I will ignore said petty requests, and cause people to be even more angry. People were crying about snow coverage. People were crying about dyeable parts on a costume. People were requesting their class to be the most OP. Someone complained that the character customization wasn't enough and demanded MORE. Do these sound remotely viable interests to a company that has bigger fixes to endure? Yes, they have made some changes from the persistent cry baby post repetition, but overall they could probably care less about the minority.  This game is awesome. Disagree? Go play any older MMO that has less content, target tap turn based combat, and less graphics. 

2. They can't/won't. WoW is a themepark MMO, this is a "sandbox" MMO. They would have to completely overhaul their system. Be realistic. 

So I guess I neither agree, nor disagree with your initial post reason. They don't have it....if that's a deal breaker, roll something else. 

I'd really hate to be a game developer these days... You can give someone a million dollars and they'd find a way to complain about it. 

Aside from what we all know is true, the Dev's have been release small balance changes for our class here and there. So, based on there recent changes, this request isn't too far outside the scope for them.

Posted (edited)

Aside from what we all know is true, the Dev's have been release small balance changes for our class here and there. So, based on there recent changes, this request isn't too far outside the scope for them.

You're right, but they will always give precedence to Korea, with minor tweaks to the US. We are last on shelf. I believe if the KRs beg/cry for changes enough they certainly implement them. I don't think the double jump is a make or break for the class currently, considering the awakened mobility/movement speed is a bigger concern. Most classes seem to go from slow(er) to fast(er) when they awaken. We took a giant leap back. I've posted before and stated the same thing, in the sense that "if you don't like that you have to stance switch, change class". It won't be for everyone, but I can't imagine the KR are going to be helping the Japanese based class out so much. 

Edited by GoodIntroMusic

Posted

You're right, but they will always give precedence to Korea, with minor tweaks to the US. We are last on shelf. I believe if the KRs beg/cry for changes enough they certainly implement them. I don't think the double jump is a make or break for the class currently, considering the awakened mobility/movement speed is a bigger concern. Most classes seem to go from slow(er) to fast(er) when they awaken. We took a giant leap back. I've posted before and stated the same thing, in the sense that "if you don't like that you have to stance switch, change class". It won't be for everyone, but I can't imagine the KR are going to be helping the Japanese based class out so much. 

Especially because the Samurai bullied KR for a little bit once upon a time... but back on topic

Have you tried Shift + RMB RMB + Shift Forward / Shift + RMB RMB + Murderous Intent? Can keep up decent speed and i/frames front guard all the time

Posted

Especially because the Samurai bullied KR for a little bit once upon a time... but back on topic

Have you tried Shift + RMB RMB + Shift Forward / Shift + RMB RMB + Murderous Intent? Can keep up decent speed and i/frames front guard all the time

No, but I'll consider having a go at it. I love(d) my Ninja, but I shelfed him temporarily, as I don't have the time to dedicate to the game as most so I wanted to do something fun for a little bit. I'll probably be revisiting him tonight though. I wasn't "terrible" at the stance switch, but I certainly don't know my combos like several well played ninjas. 

Posted

No, but I'll consider having a go at it. I love(d) my Ninja, but I shelfed him temporarily, as I don't have the time to dedicate to the game as most so I wanted to do something fun for a little bit. I'll probably be revisiting him tonight though. I wasn't "terrible" at the stance switch, but I certainly don't know my combos like several well played ninjas. 

That little snippet i just gave you was a game changer for me, give it a whack

Posted

If this was a thread related to bugs, I'd like the shit out of it. But double jump, really?
You can't expect him to double jump with 6 swords on himself bruh! Kuno is supposed to be an agile stripper, and her weapon is easier to handle so I guess it's kinda justified.

I wouldn't call her a agile striper, but shes definitelagile  lol

The thing is tho, ninja is suppose to ne more agile. he has a little more evasion cappbilties than kuno. also think katana and charkam are the same weight

Posted (edited)

Can you narrow down your audience instead of saying "we". 

Perhaps in Asia they love that all classes are almost as agile, they may love to kill hundreds of thousands of nonsense enemies, and you may like to see colorful lights everywhere; But they must understand one thing .... "THIS IS NOT ASIA".
where the Warriors were slow and the Sorcerers were quick. There must be a big difference between one class and another for your class to really like and identify with it. If you choose a class, you have to accept that class with its good things and its bad things, it does not serve that everyone put mobility because there are classes that should have 10% of the mobility that others have.

And last and most important, TRANSLATE THE GAME TO SPANISH. Imagine that this game had not been created by Pearl Abyss, imagine that a Romanian company had created it. Would you like to play Black Desert in Romanian in Asia? No, right ...? Well here we do not like to play Black Desert in English /s; For us it is the same

The Ninja class should be the fastest and most agile with a difference (although in this game even an 80-year-old mage is agile ¬¬ '), and should gain even more speed and agility with his Awakening. Awakening should empower the Classes to their maximum capacity, to make them a "professional class".

Maybe the way they designed the class Ninja was not meant to be fastest class. You said you want big differences between one class and the other and maybe for ninja the difference was you are less mobile. So u have to accept the good things and bad things about your class just like you said. It doesn't serve that everyone gets to be mobile just like you said. If you're gonna say all this don't complain about the design of your class. You're bringing in your own conception of what a "Ninja" is and PA might have a different perspective. Just like u said don't complain. They gave ur awakening a lot of dmg, seems empowered enough. Unless by "empower" you wanna move around like a car then ok. 

Also iunno if you are being sarcastic about the "we do not like to play Black Desert in English"??? There i fixed it for u. 

Plz state your audience by saying "we" like you are speaking for the community or something like that if you are gonna say something that relates to localization :).

Edited by SereneWaves

Posted

And target chase in sura stance please.

3 people like this

Posted

Honestly I think we need shadow slash more than double jump on awakening. I know they wanted to make ninja awakening mechanically different, by making most of his skills move him forward or back, kind of like kendo's form/movement, but he really suffers from a lack of side mobility. And honestly maewhas and musas rule the the floor of forward and backward mobility. And he lacks any reliable WP sustain (which shadow slash would do well), minus his shift+space (no his awakening buff also sucks). 

3 people like this

Posted

Honestly I think we need shadow slash more than double jump on awakening. I know they wanted to make ninja awakening mechanically different, by making most of his skills move him forward or back, kind of like kendo's form/movement, but he really suffers from a lack of side mobility. And honestly maewhas and musas rule the the floor of forward and backward mobility. And he lacks any reliable WP sustain (which shadow slash would do well), minus his shift+space (no his awakening buff also sucks). 

Use Shift + A/D(spam one of these) for sideways movement. Faster and more distance than shadow slash but doesn't deal dmg or regen wp, in pvp you don't use shadow slash to regen WP anyways so it's just a PvE issue and we have a good filler for WP regeneration. If you don't want to use either of those options you can always swap back to SS.. However we DO need double jump in awakening form as that is part of our key mobility as ninja in general.

Posted

I honestly don't miss shadowslash too much but our LMB+A/D is absolutely useless. I really don't understand how they could design so many stunning skills (esthetically) and leave us with a single useless side slash that doesn't do nothing, stops after one hit (the animation just repeat itself) and it's ugly to see. A simple animation like the blader one (non awakening) would have been so much better and at least usable. This one we have makes really no sense. 

2 people like this

Posted

Double jumping with 6 swords attached to your body must be difficult 

Posted

Double jumping with 6 swords attached to your body must be difficult 

And flying with a cannon in your hand when you must weigh about 400 kilos is not?

Or carry 50 items in your character without a backpack?

Or that a horse runs 200 miles per hour and regain all its energy with a sad carrot ...?

There is a line between realism and gameplay, in the CBT1 and CBT2 of Korea this line was quite clear. In today's Black Desert, they cross the line whenever they feel like it ...
A double jump with 6 katanas, it is quite more logical to be a Warrior with a 100 kg armor and move as fast as a Ninja ...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

And flying with a cannon in your hand when you must weigh about 400 kilos is not?

Or carry 50 items in your character without a backpack?

Or that a horse runs 200 miles per hour and regain all its energy with a sad carrot ...?

There is a line between realism and gameplay, in the CBT1 and CBT2 of Korea this line was quite clear. In today's Black Desert, they cross the line whenever they feel like it ...
A double jump with 6 katanas, it is quite more logical to be a Warrior with a 100 kg armor and move as fast as a Ninja ...

Well considering double jumps don't even exist ;D

The should give us minny Ironman hand cannons for the second jump

Edited by Dersidius

Posted

I'd also prefer shadow slash over double jump, since I mostly used it for healing, and it came in handy to move about.  The only time I ever needed to double jump were times when I was able to put my weapon away anyway, or use one of the flow attacks which I used rarely.  I don't think the extra jump is really needed in combat.

Posted (edited)

I honestly don't miss shadowslash too much but our LMB+A/D is absolutely useless. I really don't understand how they could design so many stunning skills (esthetically) and leave us with a single useless side slash that doesn't do nothing, stops after one hit (the animation just repeat itself) and it's ugly to see. A simple animation like the blader one (non awakening) would have been so much better and at least usable. This one we have makes really no sense. 

I agree here, the "LMB+A/D" animation is ugly and ruins the flow the base class originally had (atleast to an extent). If they just made it a 3 hit combo transition I would be more than happy to use it as a substitute for shadow slash.

Use Shift + A/D(spam one of these) for sideways movement. Faster and more distance than shadow slash but doesn't deal dmg or regen wp, in pvp you don't use shadow slash to regen WP anyways so it's just a PvE issue and we have a good filler for WP regeneration. If you don't want to use either of those options you can always swap back to SS.. However we DO need double jump in awakening form as that is part of our key mobility as ninja in general.

I find Shift + A/D to be situational as its use is different; since, it goes sideways and diagonally forward, also unlike shadow slash it is on a cooldown so it cannot be continuously cast. I see where you are coming from, but I think the issue still stands. shadow slash was a really vital part to ninja's WP sustain and is still heavily relied on when farming. All the skills that ninja has that regen WP (e.g. corrupt sword dance, decapitation, sura katana training, and the sideways slash) all leave ninja standing in-place of mobs/players to get hit (and likely get knocked down). The best way to regen willpower will likely be to dodge away and then use either his asura buff or brace. Even something like vengeful barrier (the attack) has low WP regen and is very unlikely to hit against a smart player. 

Even if we disclude the idea of shadow slash by improving his existing sideways slash with adjustments to its movement and transitioning; or by adding willpower on his block (vengeful guard), can you not see how this could potentially improve ninjas battle capabilities in both PvP and PvE? Not bashing, I'm all for double jump coming back, but I see it being conflicted with the spacebar, as it is used heavily for his [Seamless] dual sword stance, and I don't see how they can add jump without it conflicting with seamless in some shape or form since you can cancel into it after all attacks. I think it would be easier to implement  shadow slash; since, it doesn't overlap with any skill commands.  

Edited by Lugh

Posted

Fun fact A/D + RMB actually regenerates a lot of WP more than double that of A/D + LMB and Shadow Slash. It could stand to be a little quicker and more responsive ,but it does work fairly well. Just Ghost Step --> A/D + RMB --> Side Slide --> A/D + RMB. 

Posted

I was a bit annoyed at the lack of double jump, more so at the lack of shadow slash esk moves, but after playing it a while (ninja main) sure we lost some mobility but we gained more power, and honestly if you use Ghost step properly and Ninja step the loss of mobility is minimal. Couple that with Block jump and Concealment there is not much of a loss in my opinion. 

I would love to see them give the ninja more mobility don't get me wrong, but if they choose not to then eh not that big of a deal at the end of the day, I agree that ninja should dominate on the mobility terrain for the most part and its annoying that it dose not, but at the end of the day all we can do is hope one day they fix it or another MMO that meets "Our" needs comes out.

That being said, the ninja is suppose to have a relatively high "Skill ceiling" so if it were super easy for everyone then that ceiling would be the same level as the floor. I am glad its more difficult to play TBH because when I go and kill a group of people or a group jumps me and I win it feels great, knowing that not a lot of ninja's out there have the handle on the class well enough to do that without being gear carried. It makes "Good" ninjas more unique and the sense of accomplishment so much better.