• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Prediction - Dark Knight will be the largest played class.

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

looking at the play style and the fact the Dark Knight is female I predict so many people will reroll this class when it comes out.

The play style is a cross between Musa / Sorc / Maewha with a few additions. So if the class is anything but under powered or borked, then everyone will be playing one on release.

It will also depend how much people have invested in their current characters and feel tied in. But make way for a flood of gear onto the market place.

This is what I'm thinking.

Anyone else have some thoughts?

Edited by Usurper
Typos

Posted

i wait her since april, so yeah i definitily gonna main that

Posted

I was thinking the same, but many people are saying, that she is very slow and boring so i think at the beginning everyone will test this class, some will take it as an alt and a few would main her.

3 people like this

Posted

I think a lot of people will wait to see what her awakening is first. She does look fun though. 

1 person likes this

Posted

She moves like someone who is obese and had one too many Bic Macs. Never reroll <3

Posted

idk, I am playing her in KR version. I'm liking her style so far. and from what I read on the BDO inven website about her, she generally has a positive review among the people~ the only problem is obviously the glaring difference between all the other characters having awakening weapons and she does not.

solid mobility, great damage, low levels is a breeze cause she has some useful mp regen skills and hp steal skills...not sure about grinding after Mediah...I personally gotta get to that level first haha.

Posted

I think she is a nice switch from the usual high speed classes. Seems she is focused more on in your face combat than running circles around your opponents l, or teleporting all over the area waiting for an opening. Keep in mind she is also a Knight, so her purpose is to engage, counter, and absorb hits. From what I've seen of the KR streamers who gave her proper gear, she is a challenge for most classes and can take some serious punishment. I suspect we will see either a whip (which has become a popular prediction in the KR community) or sickle and chain like the Tera Reaper to increase her mobility, add a grab/more CC, a bit more AOE damage, and a lot more ranged attacks like he ranger awakening or some aspects of the junk awakening.

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

looking at the play style and the fact the Dark Knight is female I predict so many people will reroll this class when it comes out.

The playstyle is a cross between Musa / Sorc / Maewha with a few additions. So if the class is anything but underpowered or borked, then everyone will be playing one on release.

It will also edepnd how much people have invested in their current characters and feel tied in. But make way for a flood of gear onto the market place.

This is what I'm thinking.

Anyone else have some thougts?

No way will a class without an awakening become the most played.  People will try it out and then after they get their fill of trying the new shiny thing go back to their pvp relevant classes.

Edited by Beld
2 people like this

Posted

I think she is a nice switch from the usual high speed classes. Seems she is focused more on in your face combat than running circles around your opponents l, or teleporting all over the area waiting for an opening. Keep in mind she is also a Knight, so her purpose is to engage, counter, and absorb hits. From what I've seen of the KR streamers who gave her proper gear, she is a challenge for most classes and can take some serious punishment. I suspect we will see either a whip (which has become a popular prediction in the KR community) or sickle and chain like the Tera Reaper to increase her mobility, add a grab/more CC, a bit more AOE damage, and a lot more ranged attacks like he ranger awakening or some aspects of the junk awakening.

she's like a pre-awakening Sorc. No grab skills, pure CC, and one of her bread+butter skill gets bonus damage from smash attacks (knockdown damage)

also, most of her skills are apparently designed around pvp~ so...if and when she does come over to NA, pvp-happy people are gonna have a field day with her.

2 people like this

Posted

Not to sure about it, seems to slow to be a real rerol for musa / mae / soso. But maybe, who know ;)

Posted

Why? it looks too slow, and it is kind of late to re-roll a new char as main, i mean, ain't nobody got time for that.

Posted

2 people like this

Posted

In a normal game maybe. Here ? Nah

Posted

if you just listen to the audio without looking at the video, it sounds like some epic fight scene in an action series or a movie xD

Posted

I've taken a break from BDO, mainly due to RNG rage, but I still think the game is really fun. I may return to play the new character, I always loved 2h sword classes. I mained a DK in WoW and played a DRK in FFXIV, so the theme is definitely there.

Posted (edited)

I've taken a break from BDO, mainly due to RNG rage, but I still think the game is really fun. I may return to play the new character, I always loved 2h sword classes. I mained a DK in WoW and played a DRK in FFXIV, so the theme is definitely there.

It is, if the RNG wants it to be.

Edited by Xantos
1 person likes this

Posted

Its a dark knight, how does rng have anything to do with that?

Yeah even if this class isn't "meta" w/e lmao who cares. Makes it more of a challenge anyways to win with a off meta class. Skill rules out any game I played endgame wise.

Posted

Its a dark knight, how does rng have anything to do with that?

Yeah even if this class isn't "meta" w/e lmao who cares. Makes it more of a challenge anyways to win with a off meta class. Skill rules out any game I played endgame wise.

I presume you usually just open the console and 

"spawn_tri_kzarka_1"

If not sorry RNG and grinding have to do with DK

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah, I have thoughts, mine are people that's sick and tired of gender locked classes won't be making one of these Dark Knight characters because (1) it cost too damn much to be buying artisans to do new sets of gear and weapons, (2) it's a gender locked and won't be touched by those of us sick of this shit. (3) No sign of awakenings and that's just fail in itself.

Posted

Since ninja will never get fixed I will also reroll to this class and keep my ninja for bosses.. level 60 boss alt!

Posted

I woudnt start playing this class until i found out what the awakening will be. Maybe the awakening will not be my cup of tea.

Posted

Watch PA gives the Dark knight a Kusarigama for awakening weapon, just so they can farm the ninja/kuno tears to feed the server hamsters.

2 people like this

Posted

I presume you usually just open the console and 

"spawn_tri_kzarka_1"

No idea what your on about. its a dark knight. a dark knight is a dark knight lmao. rng = random number generator. Numbers have nothing to do with a class being a class, a class is simply what it is.  back to dark souls :)

Posted

Her sword is too thin I dont like that