• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Serious issue with drying things in snow?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

I know we cannot dry things in the rain, but the rain comes and goes. This snow is here 24/7. We can't even dry indoors!

I can't make certain armors and weapons, can't make certain hides I use to sell, and my pet food is running out and I can't dry the fish to make more.

We have to be able to dry many things but cannot do it with this snow! So how can we dry things?

Ideas?

Posted

you can use normal fish to make pet food. It even costs one fish less than.

Posted (edited)

you can use normal fish to make pet food. It even costs one fish less than.

Fish is unusable after 24 hours so it's not an option for many of us! Nobody can catch a stack of 1k of the same fish within 24 hours.

Not making just one at a time. I only use dry fish in stacks of hundreds.

I knew I would get answers like this! So how do we get higher end hides?

Seriously, this not being able to dry goes WAY beyond just pet food.

Edited by mijorious

Posted

Do you have a residence? Does it work if you walk into your house and try?

Posted

Do you have a residence? Does it work if you walk into your house and try?

That would be great AND realistic, but sad to say you can't. If it's raining or snowing outside, you still cannot dry anything.

Posted

That would be great AND realistic, but sad to say you can't. If it's raining or snowing outside, you still cannot dry anything.

Dang that sucks

Posted

I just step out of town. Snow is limited basically to the safe zones. 

Posted

I just step out of town. Snow is limited basically to the safe zones. 

Yea, I guess I'll have to start doing that. It's just an inconvenience since all the life skilling I do is in cities.

2 people like this

Posted

Yea, I guess I'll have to start doing that. It's just an inconvenience since all the life skilling I do is in cities.

I started having my farmer do some, since you can't place farms in cities. But it is inconvenient.

Posted

Go where it's not snowing which is what I do when it rains as well.

Posted

find your nearest river thats not raining and start drying under water for maximum realism 

2 people like this

Posted

http://bddatabase.net/us/recipe/174/

"- 1 fresh fish can be replaced by 2 dried fishes and vice versa. "

Posted

Well, even farm crops are limited by the snow.
Surely it's a bad inconvenience but look at the bright side, you're playing really realistically.

Posted

It does *not* snow constantly. Neither in veils, Heidel, nor Calpeheon, and I have yet to see any snow in Mediah.

You can dry just fine, just wait for the weather to change.

Posted

and I have yet to see any snow in Mediah.

You need a pair of big glasses.

Posted

I probably missed it, same as OP missed the non-snowing elsewhere......so yup probably

Posted (edited)

There's so much snow that even Valencia's snowy! :|
I was almost expecting snow in the desert, that's the only safe place.

I have to admit tho, the mirror water effect on the ground after the snow it's the strawberry on the cake.

Edited by Grevier

Posted

Doesn't snow at all in Valencia as far as I've seen. I could be wrong though.

Posted

There's so much snow that even Valencia's snowy! :|
I was almost expecting snow in the desert, that's the only safe place.

I have to admit tho, the mirror water effect on the ground after the snow it's the strawberry on the cake.

I just realized that yesterday, when snow melts, it leaves water on otherwise  dry ground.

Posted

Go to sand grain... walk into the desert... doesn't snow there.

Posted

So interestingly this is a recent change. You used to be able to click the fry button and if raining and outside it would fail when you clicked start, but if you went in-doors it worked. Now, not only does it not work inside but you can't even click the dry button. I would day this is a bug and should be reported as suck because it used to work fine.

Posted

Yea, sorry this is just really stupid.  To hinder both drying and anyone who uses farms is ridiculous, specifically to make it seem "real'.   Pretty sure when the weather is cold enough to snow, it means the leaves on trees such as...you know, maple, birch and ash have ZERO leaves on them....yet they are vibrant as can be on my screen....just really a dumb "feature", no matter how you look at it, or how you attempt to justify it.

Posted

Snowing - change channel - Raining - Wait for some minutes thinking on developers family...

Posted

Realism? I got heatstroke in the desert when it was snowing.