• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Rangers so Overpopulated! Are you dev surprised? #NERF RANGERS

284 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Are the dev surprised that Rangers is so overpopulated in this game? Probably around 20% of the population are rangers but honestly, are you -----ing developers surprised by this?

Lets take a look at what they had in mind when they were creating this class.

Lets make a class... lets make it be the easiest class to play!

• Easiest class to do World Boss!
  • Lets make them GRIND way Faster than any other class so they get gear faster!
  • Give them free +5 movement speed so they have 2 free gem slots on their shoes!
  • Give them more pearl shop items than any other class!
  • Give them the strongest damage out of any class.
  • Lets give them more mobility why the ----- not since the +5 free movement speed isn't enough
  • next thing you know, they are going to give them a grab. Oh wait a minute, they already did.

yep are you -----ing surprised developer?

# NERF RANGERS

OVER PLAYED FOR A REASON!

Edited by Smoosh
45 people like this

Posted (edited)

So since you just bashed the developers, they are going to listen to what you have to say, right? And also, no, Rangers are the least of your concerns in PvP, I promise you.

Edited by Balmafra
2 people like this

Posted

Don't hate us because we're fabulous.

6 people like this

Posted

It's just want people want to play man. I always choose an archer class because that's just the gameplay I enjoy the most and I think most people do the same. So the reason so many people play in my opinion is that Ranger is just what people wanna play ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And on that "all ranger guild remark" yeah they would probably not do that great in gvg because one zerker can just stun them all and one warrior can just ult them all.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

So since you just bashed the developers, they are going to listen to what you have to say, right? And also, no, Rangers are the least of your concerns in PvP, I promise you.

yeah obviously they have been listening to you. 

Since Rangers are the least of everyone concerns, is that why a lot of top end guilds are avoiding rangers? Cause the way I see it they are avoiding and even kicking class like Tamers, Valkyrie, Kunoichi and Ninja instead.

It's just want people want to play man. I always choose an archer class because that's just the gameplay I enjoy the most and I think most people do the same. So the reason so many people play in my opinion is that Ranger is just what people wanna play ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And on that "all ranger guild remark" yeah they would probably not do that great in gvg because one zerker can just stun them all and one warrior can just ult them all.

and obviously all of them will die from one Warrior ultimate... is not like 5 rangers blowing shotgun at you hurt or anything!

Edited by Smoosh
3 people like this

Posted

My main is a wizard but: ranger is love, ranger is life,

Posted

why would dev care what class someone plays :P

Posted (edited)

yeah obviously they have been listening to you. 

Since Rangers are the least of everyone concerns, is that why a lot of top end guilds are avoiding rangers? Cause the way I see it they are avoiding and even kicking class like Tamers, Valkyrie, Kunoichi and Ninja instead.

and obviously all of them will die from one Warrior ultimate... is not like 5 rangers blowing shotgun at you hurt or anything!

Yes.

Edit: Also if you think shotgun is the proper way to  engage as a Ranger in group pvp you've proven you don't even know what you're talking about.

Edited by Trigg3rMari3

Posted

ever seen a zerker or warrior op?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Please nerf ranger

Remove the bows

DON´T REMOVE MY BLOCK

Give me stun and endless knokdown
Multiply my damage by 1000
I can win rangers with my PRI grunil against his TET boss
And if I have TET boss with him
Please cut off the player's hands or take an eye out

I Pay real money for character slots U KNOW

You are going to give away slots !!!!

CHANGE THIS ALREADY !!!!!!

raw.gif

Edited by Whito
9 people like this

Posted

Lame class.

Posted

Been FOTY for a year in KR and gotten buffed again like a a month ago, since we follow the same trend, that shit aint getting nerfed anytime soon. If you wanna be relevant in large scale PVP roll the ranger/zerker/musa or or witch/wiz.

Only other class relevent in owpvp is Kuno, doesnt matter how OP the other class is if you gank them from stealth.

Posted

Funny you should mention an all ranger guild (NA Barcode 50% ranger) v a mixed bag guild (NA ManUp mix of warriors, sorcs, rangers, and magic hats). Mix bag guild won and made ranger guild retail their composition.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Check Korea. If Korea does not fix, don't expect anything different here.
 And as far I can tell they never balanced, only awakenings.

Edited by Grevier

Posted (edited)

Been FOTY for a year in KR and gotten buffed again like a a month ago, since we follow the same trend, that shit aint getting nerfed anytime soon. If you wanna be relevant in large scale PVP roll the ranger/zerker/musa or or witch/wiz.

Only other class relevent in owpvp is Kuno, doesnt matter how OP the other class is if you gank them from stealth.

Just recently i've seen some KR guy stream some pvp on KR. 90% of those players on the battlefield were rangers lmao.

Edited by orlando
2 people like this

Posted

broken desert online. nothing new...

Posted

so many wrong facts you listed 

ranger isnt that op when you get to competitive levels of pvp 

2 people like this

Posted

Funny you should mention an all ranger guild (NA Barcode 50% ranger) v a mixed bag guild (NA ManUp mix of warriors, sorcs, rangers, and magic hats). Mix bag guild won and made ranger guild retail their composition.

I heard from Macilius (man up) that they have only around 6 sorcs he can count and the majority are rangers so you are wrong above.

In korea they do have the complains vs rangers atm, for us in Eu/Na you are not dealing with that issue cuz majority of rangers don't have that +240 ap yet, just wait till they have hehee

1 person likes this

Posted

I quit my Ranger to play a Witch.

Rangers are so boring tbh

3 people like this

Posted

yeah like they fixed sorc in late august after 2 months of broken df they fix it and then nerf the dmg by 50%. No other region recieced that nerf.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

might i suggest candyland the mmo, OP?  Don't have an aneurism now!  lol

Edited by Columba

Posted

Um, as a Musa, I clear mob camps faster than Rangers, so I don't know what you're talking about.

4 people like this

Posted

Um, as a Musa, I clear mob camps faster than Rangers, so I don't know what you're talking about.

as a 200ap 59 ranger, i get out grinded by 150ap 56 musas 

sorcs are as fast at higher ap also 

Posted

There is always going to be a lame ARSE class (or more) in each and every MMO, especially nowadays. It sells well, since a play style of "1-2-3-BOOM-I won!!!!" will forever be popular. And since it sells, it isn't going anywhere or getting "nerfed".

Accept the facts and enjoy the rest of the game, this is modern MMO gaming. End of story.

Posted

Ranger is the most OP class in bdo. Best at both 1v1 and Sieges. Best at grinding. Easiest to get best gear with due to fastest grinding, making them even more powerful and so forth.

They should tune ranger dps some, so they can't oneshot a fully buffed DP berserker down in a second.

1 person likes this