• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Rangers so Overpopulated! Are you dev surprised? #NERF RANGERS

284 posts in this topic

Posted

Are the dev surprised that Rangers is so overpopulated in this game? Probably around 20% of the population are rangers but honestly, are you -----ing developers surprised by this?

Lets take a look at what they had in mind when they were creating this class.

Lets make a class... lets make it be the easiest class to play!

• Easiest class to do World Boss!
  • Lets make them GRIND way Faster than any other class so they get gear faster!
  • Give them free +5 movement speed so they have 2 free gem slots on their shoes!
  • Give them more pearl shop items than any other class!
  • Give them the strongest damage out of any class.
  • Lets give them more mobility why the ----- not since the +5 free movement speed isn't enough
  • next thing you know, they are going to give them a grab. Oh wait a minute, they already did.

yep are you -----ing surprised developer?

# NERF RANGERS

OVER PLAYED FOR A REASON!

whoa

Posted

#1melee #1 range #1 pve what else do you want? class was suppose to get a rebalance but seems that the balance patch is in the nouver release patch. lol

I don't mind a class doing well in a few areas but it becomes problematic when a class becomes leagues more powerful in almost every aspect in the game you are a disadvantage for not rolling a class.

eh no? #1 close range is either sorc for pvp and pve or zerkee for pvp with warrior in between.

#1 range, hands down goes to witch and wizards they can achieve the same amount of damage with 2/3 of rangers ap.

#1 in pve goes to musa because of the spin and dash.

rangers is in the middle with a kit thats stolen from every other classes, but half as effective. For those who says rangers does a lot of damage, you have no idea what you are talking about, in the current state of the game there are only a handful of rangers with over 240ap, before that is the 200ap cap that's need for rangers to reach in order to even start to dash out damage, especially fo pvp. Other classes like musa, witch can achieve the same level of damage with around 150ap.

Rangers is like going to a steakhouse where as musa is like going to a burgerking, you gotta pay more (more ap) to achieve the same end goal (damage)

1 person likes this

Posted

I see more Kzarka bows on the market than anything and they sell less than kzarka blades it seems, which suggests to me that massive amounts of players are dropping the ranger class...I know of a few very high level rangers that have fallen out of love with the class

Posted

rangers is in the middle with a kit thats stolen from every other classes, but half as effective. For those who says rangers does a lot of damage, you have no idea what you are talking about, in the current state of the game there are only a handful of rangers with over 240ap, before that is the 200ap cap that's need for rangers to reach in order to even start to dash out damage, especially fo pvp. Other classes like musa, witch can achieve the same level of damage with around 150ap.

Rangers is like going to a steakhouse where as musa is like going to a burgerking, you gotta pay more (more ap) to achieve the same end goal (damage)

They should try being a valk.

Seriously, I was running around pirates on my ranger with +15 shit weapons and clearing faster than when on my valk, who has DUO weapons. Makes absolutely 0 sense.

Instead of rerolling, they should be demanding balance.

Posted (edited)

Seriously, I was running around pirates on my ranger with +15 shit weapons and clearing faster than when on my valk, who has DUO weapons. Makes absolutely 0 sense.

Instead of rerolling, they should be demanding 

Ranger with +15 lol, did it take you 20 seconds to kill crazy jack?

Post your equipments for both ranger and valk. Valk does have a combo dash move with awakening so you shouldn't have problem with clearing. For PVE the only broken class is musa all other classes should have the same clearing speed. Pvp is when ap scaling becomes an issue.

Also it is not recommended to solo pirates if ur ap is below 180, not efficient enough.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

The real problem with rangers isn't the overall damage, it's the movement+damage+desynch making it very hard to follow and hit them while taking hits at the same time.That forces players to try to predict where the ranger goes or resort to aoe. 

Posted

Ranger with +15 lol, did it take you 20 seconds to kill crazy jack?

Post your equipments for both ranger and valk. Valk does have a combo dash move with awakening so you shouldn't have problem with clearing. For PVE the only broken class is musa all other classes should have the same clearing speed. Pvp is when ap scaling becomes an issue.

Also it is not recommended to solo pirates if ur ap is below 180, not efficient enough.

Lol

Posted

The real problem with rangers isn't the overall damage, it's the movement+damage+desynch making it very hard to follow and hit them while taking hits at the same time.That forces players to try to predict where the ranger goes or resort to aoe. 

If you played moba you know that you have to predict what the other team will do, whoever is better at manage their resources and able to predict better will be the winner.

I'm not saying you are wrong but rangers dash nor the q cancel have super armor, and on top q cancel doesn't do damage until at least 200 ap.

Musa dash around with super armor, you can't even cc them half the time. 

Lol

I'm not saying valks are good at pve, when i was partying with that level 61 valk, he wasn't clearing as fast as everyone else.

Valks is definitely one of the classes that need to get reworked.

Posted

If you played moba you know that you have to predict what the other team will do, whoever is better at manage their resources and able to predict better will be the winner.

I'm not saying you are wrong but rangers dash nor the q cancel have super armor, and on top q cancel doesn't do damage until at least 200 ap.

Musa dash around with super armor, you can't even cc them half the time. 

I'm not saying valks are good at pve, when i was partying with that level 61 valk, he wasn't clearing as fast as everyone else.

Valks is definitely one of the classes that need to get reworked.

Don't mind me, I'm happily drunk. :3 haaaaaaaaaaaaaappy new yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted

Don't mind me, I'm happily drunk. :3 haaaaaaaaaaaaaappy new yearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As it should be xD

Posted

well like they say if you can't beat them, join them reroll ranger and become one of us :D

Posted

aesthetics dont play a role here since ranger and ninja have the most unimpressive and boring awakening gameplays of all classes. just boobs and op.

Posted

The game balance isn't done based on Plebs opinion, its done based on high skilled players.

PS: basically what I say is you guys are IRRELEVANT

1 person likes this

Posted

well like they say if you can't beat them, join them reroll ranger and become one of us :D

yes, everybody shoupd reroll a ranger and see how trashes rangers are right now. Try solo with a ranger in the desert, rbf, 1vs1 at heidel arena, and in node wars.

Posted (edited)

yes, everybody shoupd reroll a ranger and see how trashes rangers are right now. Try solo with a ranger in the desert, rbf, 1vs1 at heidel arena, and in node wars.

many noob rangers out there that need to l2p cause they make the whole class look bad.

Edited by ambyentlight

Posted

The game balance isn't done based on Plebs opinion, its done based on high skilled players.

PS: basically what I say is you guys are IRRELEVANT

images.jpg

Posted

Selling up before the hammer comes down on their class.

Posted

many noob rangers out there that need to l2p cause they make the whole class look bad.

if you win against a ranger its because they are noobs if you lose against a ranger is because they are op, ok.

Posted (edited)

if you win against a ranger its because they are noobs if you lose against a ranger is because they are op, ok.

Generally that is how it work. Rangers are insanely OP since very begining of this game, so all noobs rushed to make one - that is the reason that is the most popular class. Ranger is more or less but all the time OP since KR beta version and nver got balanced. I have no idea what the moron balance this game, but should be fired long time ago.

Here you have movie from 2014 - skills changed, but all the time ranger is the same broken class as always:

Edited by Hekki

Posted

ranger is op, plz reroll into this class and buy all the liverto bow on the market. my stuff is up there for week now.

Posted

Generally that is how it work. Rangers are insanely OP since very begining of this game, so all noobs rushed to make one - that is the reason that is the most popular class. Ranger is more or less but all the time OP since KR beta version and nver got balanced. I have no idea what the moron balance this game, but should be fired long time ago.

Here you have movie from 2014 - skills changed, but all the time ranger is the same broken class as always:

you should reroll a ranger then, and then delete your main and main the ranger, unless your ap is like 220 have fun getting rekt in gvg,rbf,1v1,pve.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

All this salt lol. If ranger is OP, why don't you make one yourself and try to play it. Feel free to even record it.. that OP ownaged you'll do with it. I'll gladly watch that.

Edited by Tulpa
1 person likes this

Posted

you guys should try 1v1ing a maehwa or a zerker as a ranger :/

the cless is still near the top, but its far from op

what i think the problem is, ranger can really capitalise on bad (salty) players, many people i fight seem to charge at me point blank with very telegraphed movements and all i have to do is take one step forward and grab them and its all over for them

good players that i fight i can never get random grabs off and these fights seem to be alot more even than the forum warrior make them out to be  

Posted (edited)

• Give them free +5 movement speed so they have 2 free gem slots on their shoes!

this is the most stupid thing I heard in a while, where do rangers get 5 movement speed for free? 

Give Zerkers/Warriors passive ignore grapple resistance so resistances are completly useless against them? What about that lmao

(there is a 10% movement speed passive for rangers which is nothing compared to the passive health/ap/ignore resistance from other classes)

____

@Hekki you are a joke.. linking Videos from 3 years ago.. haha can't believe it.

____

If you all think ranger is so OP, go reroll and teach me please, because in various situations ranger is definitely not superior lmao

if you ever meet a ranger that says he is super usefull in sieges/ gvg's or anything like that, if you ever meet a ranger that says he can easy and confidently beat 1v1 berserkers, if you ever meet a ranger that doesn't get 1shot left and right from witches/warriors or any other class, please tell me his name because I am certain you won't find anyone

The only thing I agree on is that the DMG is retarded, but that's for every class just like  Witch/Wiz and Warriors that can even 1shot with only 1 ability, if you meet any ranger that can do that aswell with reasonable apdp please tell me his name because again I'm sure you won't fine any O.o

___

discussing class balance in this game is just retarded and if people really call ONE class op... seriously...... quit this game..

this is not a typical MMO where you have healer/tank/dps, every class in BDO is an assassin class that onecombos without much effort if you get the right CC off, so it all comes to timing abilites to moments where your opponent doesnt have superarmor/block which is nearly impossible thanks to desync and lag... (and the hilarious amount of abilites that provide superarmor/block/iframe)

Combat in this game is just a big joke and people discussing over RANGER BEING OP just shows that they have no fuc-king clue how this game works 

Edited by Xe0
3 people like this

Posted

this is the most stupid thing I heard in a while, where do we get 5 movement speed for free? (there is a 10% movement speed passive if you mean that)

Give Zerkers/Warriors passive ignore grapple resistance so resistances are comletly useless against them? What about that lmao

____

@Hekki you are a joke.. linking Videos from 3 years ago.. haha can't believe it.

____

If you all think ranger is so OP, go reroll and teach me please, because in various situations ranger is shit

if you ever meet a ranger that says he is super usefull in sieges/ gvg's or anything like that, if you ever meet a ranger that says he can easy 1v1 berserkers, if you ever meet a ranger that doesn't get 1shot left and right from witches/warriors or any other class, please tell me his name.

The only thing I agree on is that the DMG is retarded, but that's for every class just like  Witch/Wiz and Warriors that can even 1shot with only 1 ability, if you meet any ranger that can do the same with reasonable apdp please tell me his name O.o

___

discussing class balance in this game is just retarded and if people really call ONE class op... seriously quit this game..

this is not a typical MMO where you have healer/tank/dps, every class in BDO is an assassin class that onecombos without much effort if you get the right CC off, so it all comes to timing abilites to moments where your opponent doesnt have superarmor/block which is nearly impossible thanks to desync and lag... 

Combat in this game is just a big joke and people discussing over RANGER BEING OP just shows that they have no fuc-king clue how this game works 

Finally someone with a brain, thank you.