• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Male Dark Knight

Would you play a Male Dark Knight   31 votes

1. 1. Would you play a Male Dark Knight

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Now i know this has been done, a lot, but even so I thought i would just throw it out there. I know that it has been stated that they will "Consider" adding a male version, but I truly think it would be a hit, as it stands there are an abundance of female classes (though not bad) it limits the experience for the male population who would rather play male classes such as myself, now i have nothing against female classes, just for me I play to immerse myself in the game and for me its very hard to get immersed if I am playing a gender opposite to my own, in a way alienates me from the fantasy when I play. 

Now I do not expect them to go back and make counter parts for all of the lone females classes that would be absurd but i would just simply suggest and wish that they would keep their current trend like they have with Musa/Maewa, and Kunoichi/Ninja. There is no need to make it an entirely different play style, weapon, what have you just simply make a male counter part that functions closely to that of the female version.

I know that PA, Daum, etc want to make money, it makes sense they are a company, but making this class a dual gender class, while it may be a little more work appeals to a wider demographic and in turn would make them more money, via cash shop, and potentially more customers, at least in my opinion if i saw a beautiful MMO like BDO begin to blossom into a wider variety of classes, genders, etc I would pick it up in a heart beat. Of course i already play, but I know I am not the only one who wishes for this, nor am i the only one with this mindset. 

Sorry to bring up the same old discussion but i hope it is considered much more and there is more thought put into it, i know me and a good number of people would love to see this created and would be a very nice thing to see some more love towards the community who plays the game and supports it! 

@CM_Aethon

@GM_Dew

@GM_Caramel

@CM_Praballo

@PM_Jouska

Thoughts and opinions are welcome. 

2 people like this

Posted

I'll play the male dark knight if he gets heels :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I'll play the male dark knight if he gets heels :D

Heels were originally made for men were they not? xD

1 person likes this

Posted

Heels were originally made for men were they not? xD

Riding boots mostly, and then for rich people who wanted to keep their feet out of the mud.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just think i would be nice to see more diversity in the game, and have more of the male playing population thrown a bone once and awhile. 

Thoughts and opinions? Votes are nice too! 

Lets make a change!

1 person likes this

Posted

The idea that a class named "Dark Knight" alone should have deserved a male class role. However my problem now is just seeing Warrior and Dark Knight running around with the same weapon. It feels like Dark Knight is just there so female class gets a giant two-handed sword like warrior since valk awaken is a stupid jousting lance and shield (and they cant be used while riding for the extra irony).

In stead of a Male Dark Knight, which would be essentially just warrior with pointy ears, they should make a Male elf ranger/Sword Dancer type to cover the lack of a male bow class.

Posted (edited)

Honestly....Dark Knight should be only Male if anything.
Least you could do is make it dual gender.

At the moment we have 5 Male Classes and 7 Female, with a Female DK that would be 5-8.
In Korea never heard of gender equality apparently.

Edited by KICKASS

Posted

No, but only because I like cute characters.
I find neither the male, nor female one cute.

I am sticking to tamer. 

Posted

I would think a Dark knight would be male strictly, with poisons/dot's/bleeds etc for skills besides pure AP, don't give them heals, maybe give the heals to the valks, you know like they were supposed to have when they were advertised to be a Tank healer back in beta when I bought the conqueror package :/ after release & valk wasn't a tank healer I was so disappointed, I rolled a diff class after that, scrapping my valk :( Plus I don't know for sure, but if I were witch/wizard, I would be tired of only getting into groups for my heals & not my AP :/

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0