• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

When to switch to Liverto weapon?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been thinking about release recently, and I'm wondering if there was an optimal time to transition from the basic weapons to liverto. I didn't play in the very beginning of KR, and it's pretty easy to enchant liverto in KR, but probably less so in NA/EU in the beginning. Basically, which do you think is more optimal? Enchanting to +7 yuria, +10ish yuria, or +15 yuria and then transitioning to liverto? I'm not sure which one is more practical as liverto gets pretty pricey, but the failstacks help a bunch. Just preparing for node wars really and some gvg on the way, but node wars wouldn't be available for roughly 4 weeks. Do you think it's practical to head straight for liberto after +7 yuria? +7 is such a handicap, but I'm partying with friends for bosses and world bosses would be hard to tell anyway. I feel like it's not a good idea to just stay at +7 yuria weapon, but I think it's a possibility. 

Posted (edited)

when you can afford it

I personally lvl my own weapon to +10 ish and then farm to buy a +13-15 liverto

Edited by Koinzell

Posted

Can somebody explain this to mere mortals as well? I'm curious and I've gathered "Liverto" is a higher / better weapon set than "Yuria" but still... :D

Posted (edited)

Can somebody explain this to mere mortals as well? I'm curious and I've gathered "Liverto" is a higher / better weapon set than "Yuria" but still... :D

Liverto is an uncommon weapon. It's blue grade, but that doesn't mean much in itself. It gives a whopping 3 levels of crit chance which you max at 5 levels. Idr how much crit the levels are but it's around 3-5% iirc. You could probably find info on it fairly easily. It also has two available gem/crystal/socket slots. Another big plus is the hidden accuracy stat gain when enchanting which is very useful and necessary in PvP. It gets pretty expensive to repair for maximum durability though, so it's not something you can get as yuria. In KR, yuria weapons are about 35k-40k silver per weapon while Liverto is 4,500,000 silver. From my experience, Liverto is just a lot better and more common choice than Zaka weapon from the big world boss, it depends on your class if you need crit or not. Zaka gives 3 levels of attack speed which I don't find that useful as you can build it elsewhere through set bonus and gems while crit chance only through gems. In Black Desert, you can do well and completely fine with a Yuria weapon because the game depends much more on gear enchant levels than the set bonuses, but they can be very helpful.

Edited by Cider
3 people like this

Posted

Liverto is an uncommon weapon. It's blue grade, but that doesn't mean much in itself. It gives a whopping 3 levels of crit chance which you max at 5 levels. Idr how much crit the levels are but it's around 3-5% iirc. You could probably find info on it fairly easily. It also has two available gem/crystal/socket slots. Another big plus is the hidden accuracy stat gain when enchanting which is very useful and necessary in PvP. It gets pretty expensive to repair for maximum durability though, so it's not something you can get as yuria. In KR, yuria weapons are about 35k-40k silver per weapon while Liverto is 4,500,000 silver. It is considered the 2nd best weapon in the game after Zaka, the big world boss, it can even be the best, but it depends on your class if you need crit or not. Zaka gives 3 levels of attack speed. In Black Desert, you can do well and completely fine with a Yuria weapon because the game depends much more on gear enchant levels than the set bonuses, but they can be very helpful.

zaka and liverto are equal I think, or zaka gives a tiny bit more of acc, not entirely sure here

Posted (edited)

zaka and liverto are equal I think, or zaka gives a tiny bit more of acc, not entirely sure here

Yeah, I should rephrase that. I don't think it's entirely 100% confirmed, there might be different values after enchanting +15, but the general consensus says yes that it barely gives anymore acc. At the same time, I don't find zaka that useful when compared to liverto. There's probably a class I'm forgetting about, but crit is just almost always worth it no matter if some of your skills have 100% crit chance. That, or there's different gear build that needs the attack speed. I'd say it's the best weapon in the game. Zaka is just too expensive too.

Edited by Cider

Posted

Yeah, I should rephrase that. I don't think it's entirely 100% confirmed, there might be different values after enchanting +15, but the general consensus says yes that it barely gives anymore acc. At the same time, I don't find zaka that useful when compared to liverto. There's probably a class I'm forgetting about, but crit is just almost always worth it no matter if some of your skills have 100% crit chance. That, or there's different gear build that needs the attack speed. I'd say it's the best weapon in the game. Zaka is just too expensive too.

yeah, zaka is super expensive, I personally prefer liverto anyway

Posted

Liverto is an uncommon weapon. It's blue grade, but that doesn't mean much in itself. It gives a whopping 3 levels of crit chance which you max at 5 levels. Idr how much crit the levels are but it's around 3-5% iirc. You could probably find info on it fairly easily. It also has two available gem/crystal/socket slots. Another big plus is the hidden accuracy stat gain when enchanting which is very useful and necessary in PvP. It gets pretty expensive to repair for maximum durability though, so it's not something you can get as yuria. In KR, yuria weapons are about 35k-40k silver per weapon while Liverto is 4,500,000 silver. From my experience, Liverto is just a lot better and more common choice than Zaka weapon from the big world boss, it depends on your class if you need crit or not. Zaka gives 3 levels of attack speed which I don't find that useful as you can build it elsewhere through set bonus and gems while crit chance only through gems. In Black Desert, you can do well and completely fine with a Yuria weapon because the game depends much more on gear enchant levels than the set bonuses, but they can be very helpful.

What version are you playing. Yuria tamer weapons are 300k right now LOL. The only 35-50k Yuria weapons are the longsword and axes. The Liverto is on point, around 4 mil for every weapon.

Posted

What version are you playing. Yuria tamer weapons are 300k right now LOL. The only 35-50k Yuria weapons are the longsword and axes. The Liverto is on point, around 4 mil for every weapon.

Oops, I actually had a longsword yuria on another character. Was it always 300k for Tamer or awakening hype?  I only bought a liverto for my tamer a week ago.

Posted

Thanx. So say I'm completely new to the game.

Level 1, just entered. I play casually for 3 days, and I've reached level 35. Do I have my Yuria weapon already? Or is that a really end-game gear? 35-300k sounds affordable on lower levels as well if I fish / do trade runs / something right? It would only get "expensive" if I tried to level it up, no?

On another note, when would I theoretically start to level my weapons?

Posted (edited)

Thanx. So say I'm completely new to the game.

Level 1, just entered. I play casually for 3 days, and I've reached level 35. Do I have my Yuria weapon already? Or is that a really end-game gear? 35-300k sounds affordable on lower levels as well if I fish / do trade runs / something right? It would only get "expensive" if I tried to level it up, no?

On another note, when would I theoretically start to level my weapons?

You will most likely have it. You can actually craft the yuria weapons pretty easily, but they drop every so often as well, but my memory is bad, and I'm not sure if you get them at lower levels. I do know you can get them as a drop from level 50 monsters, but crafting it would be practical. Yuria is a very common item, it shouldn't be too hard to obtain, although there might be some trouble during the beginning that would delay you having it. It's not end game gear. If anything, you really can just craft it yourself. You can get 35k-300k really easily. To give a scale, the very end game gear you get that is fully upgraded costs anywhere from 100million-1billion silver in the KR version. Prob a little less for NA due to nerfed crafting. You'll find that anything in the ten thousands is just scrap money.Yes, any gear item gets expensive when upgraded with blackstones. You can start leveling weapons with blackstones as soon as you get them they drop from mobs from time to time and there are obviously many other ways to get them, but you'll get them from mobs early on if you're lucky. There are tutorial guides from actual black spirit quests to show you how to do this, but they are anywhere from level 1-50 which is why people call it the tutorial and rightfully so. You also get +5 upgraded armor from the black spirit quests iirc it was at level 50.

Edited by Cider
1 person likes this

Posted

You will most likely have it. You can actually craft the yuria weapons pretty easily, but they drop every so often as well, but my memory is bad, and I'm not sure if you get them at lower levels. I do know you can get them as a drop from level 50 monsters, but crafting it would be practical. Yuria is a very common item, it shouldn't be too hard to obtain, although there might be some trouble during the beginning that would delay you having it. It's not end game gear. If anything, you really can just craft it yourself. You can get 35k-300k really easily. To give a scale, the very end game gear you get that is fully upgraded costs anywhere from 100million-1billion silver in the KR version. Prob a little less for NA due to nerfed crafting. You'll find that anything in the ten thousands is just scrap money.Yes, any gear item gets expensive when upgraded with blackstones. You can start leveling weapons with blackstones as soon as you get them they drop from mobs from time to time and there are obviously many other ways to get them, but you'll get them from mobs early on if you're lucky. There are tutorial guides from actual black spirit quests to show you how to do this, but they are anywhere from level 1-50 which is why people call it the tutorial and rightfully so. You also get +5 upgraded armor from the black spirit quests iirc it was at level 50.

Thanx again, that was helpful :)

Posted (edited)

Oops, I actually had a longsword yuria on another character. Was it always 300k for Tamer or awakening hype?  I only bought a liverto for my tamer a week ago.

When I started a little less than a month ago, Tamer weapon was sitting at roughly 200k. My friend who had a longsword was like "ZOMG SO EASY TO ENCHANT" and here I was, busting my ass off since I have to pay 4-5 times the price for my weapon. Lol. He didn't really understand why I was having so much trouble until I told him to look at the AH.

Don't get me wrong, 200-300k is easy to get. The only thing is if rng likes to kick you in the nuts (I've gotten 40 stacks before +15). 

Edited by Ricecooker

Posted

I've been thinking about release recently, and I'm wondering if there was an optimal time to transition from the basic weapons to liverto. I didn't play in the very beginning of KR, and it's pretty easy to enchant liverto in KR, but probably less so in NA/EU in the beginning. Basically, which do you think is more optimal? Enchanting to +7 yuria, +10ish yuria, or +15 yuria and then transitioning to liverto? I'm not sure which one is more practical as liverto gets pretty pricey, but the failstacks help a bunch. Just preparing for node wars really and some gvg on the way, but node wars wouldn't be available for roughly 4 weeks. Do you think it's practical to head straight for liberto after +7 yuria? +7 is such a handicap, but I'm partying with friends for bosses and world bosses would be hard to tell anyway. I feel like it's not a good idea to just stay at +7 yuria weapon, but I think it's a possibility. 

it's already F2P so dont whine kids.. be happy that BDO even came to Eu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0