• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stuck at lvl 49, 99%

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I cant seem to lvl up, why?

Posted

You need to the black spirit quest

Posted

You gotta do the Resurrection of Belmorn quest first. 

Posted

You need to the black spirit quest

Hehe, i skipped all quests. I guess I will start doing black spirit quest line then :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Posted

Hehe, i skipped all quests.

Tbh.... but this is dump. ^_^

Posted

Skipping all quests is a great way to gimp yourself. 

Posted

Tbh.... but this is dump. ^_^

Why? Questing takes too much time. I prefer to grind...

Now I know it will take me much more time to do the quests :/ sadly.

Posted

I see you don´t understand the game at all....

Without Quests you will Gimp yourself by a massive amount.

Posted

Do the quest "Resurrection of Belmorn" from black spirit , once done you can get back to grind :)

Posted

Youre telling me you dont see the warning show up when you get exp? 

2016-12-18_337735056.thumb.JPG.5f44aca56

2 people like this

Posted

Youre telling me you dont see the warning show up when you get exp? 

I don´t see it too, because i disabled it....^_^

Posted

"you have to complete... to level up" 

@Caduryn you disabled it, not everyone does. 

Posted

if is your first char , following quest would be better since the game is a bit complex who plays it for the first time

Posted

I see you don´t understand the game at all....

Without Quests you will Gimp yourself by a massive amount.

Im new at the game ;)

Posted (edited)

you dont have to do all the black spirit quests from the beginning, once you hit lvl 49, you just need to do one black spirit quest called [Co-op] Defeat the weakened belckon.. or something like that

but since you are new, you should try to do all of your black spirit quests, they reward you with decent items to help you progress.

Edited by ender7

Posted

you dont have to do all the black spirit quests from the beginning, once you hit lvl 49, you just need to do one black spirit quest called [Co-op] Defeat the weakened belckon.. or something like that

but since you are new, you should try to do all of your black spirit quests, they reward you with decent items to help you progress.

I hit lvl 49 (99%) in 3 days. Wasnt really necessary. Only grinded like crazy lol

Posted

If you think taking 3 days to grind to 49.99% is crazy grinding, you're in for a world of hurt, my friend.

1 person likes this

Posted

If you think taking 3 days to grind to 49.99% is crazy grinding, you're in for a world of hurt, my friend.

Well it wasnt that bad. I only grinded in the evenings.

There is a 100% exp bonus.

Posted

Well it wasnt that bad. I only grinded in the evenings.

There is a 100% exp bonus.

Hit lvl 50 yesterday. Just grinded for a a few hours. (with 100% exp event and without the 200% 30 mins or any other boosts). You just gotta know where to go. Well and you need a decent weapon. But who cares, that doesnt matter.

You should probaly look into the quests a bit. No one is going to force you to do this, but it would probaly benefit you more than just grinding. They give you usefull stuff like Skill points, knowledge which will give you more energy, contribution points your going to need, inventory slots and more.

Posted

Hit lvl 50 yesterday. Just grinded for a a few hours. (with 100% exp event and without the 200% 30 mins or any other boosts). You just gotta know where to go. Well and you need a decent weapon. But who cares, that doesnt matter.

You should probaly look into the quests a bit. No one is going to force you to do this, but it would probaly benefit you more than just grinding. They give you usefull stuff like Skill points, knowledge which will give you more energy, contribution points your going to need, inventory slots and more.

The game is just a big mess. I never use enery nor contribution points...idk what the hell i am supose to do besides grinding lol

Not really noob friendly :(

Posted

The game is just a big mess. I never use enery nor contribution points...idk what the hell i am supose to do besides grinding lol

You don't know what to do except grind, because you skipped all the Black Spirit Quests.  lol   Hang in there, and look back at this thread in a few months.  It will give you a laugh.

Posted

You don't know what to do except grind, because you skipped all the Black Spirit Quests.  lol   Hang in there, and look back at this thread in a few months.  It will give you a laugh.

Oh boy, you are going to make me look like a fool ha :D

So if I read and follow the black spirit quest line I will learn...

I got a lv 50 sorc and ninja now. I will make a wizard this evening and this time I will actually start reading stuff :D

Posted

I remember those days when I started the game :D

It took me a while to get to out of Olvia and get to Velia, just cause there were players EVERYWHERE and the drop chance for the Quest item was shit. So after a few hours I got to Velia and I stayed there for the next few days, finishing quests like crazy, trying to understand the game. I watched some videos too, but they didnt really helped that much, cause didnt had enough contribution points to copy them. My friends that didnt bought the game preorder than catched up to me and asked the shit out of me. (They skipped some quests). I got to lvl 16 and went on my way to the next big city. Heidel. The one and only true city. Here is where the fun started. I got so many quests that I decided to even skip some quests, which isn´t really my thing. Then I learned that you dont need to do every quest. I started skipping the gathering quests, than I skipped more quests. Iam now sitting on just about 170 contribution points and 200 energy, which is kinda ok. I cant really do much with it, but its enough for Storage, some Connections and some Workers.

If you really want to learn everything the game has to offer than you have to watch Youtube videos and dont forget to watch videos on youtube (this is intentionally). The quests are going to show you the basics of the game, but to truly understand what is possible you need videos. Videos are way more important here. The black spirit quests are going to show you aroung the world a bit. Did I mention Youtube?

The game has so much to offer. Take your time. Explore a bit. When you go somewhere, just press CTRL + U to hide the UI and enjoy the graphics. (expect you play on potato mode)

Some thing you can do instead of grinding:

- Fishing, Gathering and processing, Taming and levelning horses (ok ok.. only a few people do this activly), Farming (well afk.), Cooking, Alchemy, Trading and more.

TL:DR

Youtube videos. Watch them. Important.

Take your time with the game. No need to rush to rush through it. It looks beautiful. (No one is forcing you to do as I say tho. Play the game how you like it)

Posted

I remember those days when I started the game :D

It took me a while to get to out of Olvia and get to Velia, just cause there were players EVERYWHERE and the drop chance for the Quest item was shit. So after a few hours I got to Velia and I stayed there for the next few days, finishing quests like crazy, trying to understand the game. I watched some videos too, but they didnt really helped that much, cause didnt had enough contribution points to copy them. My friends that didnt bought the game preorder than catched up to me and asked the shit out of me. (They skipped some quests). I got to lvl 16 and went on my way to the next big city. Heidel. The one and only true city. Here is where the fun started. I got so many quests that I decided to even skip some quests, which isn´t really my thing. Then I learned that you dont need to do every quest. I started skipping the gathering quests, than I skipped more quests. Iam now sitting on just about 170 contribution points and 200 energy, which is kinda ok. I cant really do much with it, but its enough for Storage, some Connections and some Workers.

If you really want to learn everything the game has to offer than you have to watch Youtube videos and dont forget to watch videos on youtube (this is intentionally). The quests are going to show you the basics of the game, but to truly understand what is possible you need videos. Videos are way more important here. The black spirit quests are going to show you aroung the world a bit. Did I mention Youtube?

The game has so much to offer. Take your time. Explore a bit. When you go somewhere, just press CTRL + U to hide the UI and enjoy the graphics. (expect you play on potato mode)

Some thing you can do instead of grinding:

- Fishing, Gathering and processing, Taming and levelning horses (ok ok.. only a few people do this activly), Farming (well afk.), Cooking, Alchemy, Trading and more.

TL:DR

Youtube videos. Watch them. Important.

Take your time with the game. No need to rush to rush through it. It looks beautiful. (No one is forcing you to do as I say tho. Play the game how you like it)

I am kinda forcing myself to grind because there is a exp boost atm :D hehe but I will be sure to take ur advice aswel!

Posted

Hey OP;

A few things. Firstly, you simply cannot play this game effectively in the long run without doing at least some quests along the way. Quests are what directly translates out into CP and energy points, and without those two, you're going to find it very difficult to make enough money to actually gear yourself down the road. Sure, you can do it on grinding alone...but once you hit 55, and start going for areas like Sausans, etc...the PVP also starts and gear becomes critical. Even moreso again when you get your awakening weapon. Even the weekly boss scrolls you'll come across (gives you blackstones to upgrade your gear) are a weekly or daily quest. 

I would strongly recommend you watch this video to begin with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvI7247NSO4

It's a bit outdated now but it has a good review of the basics. BDO is less a game about focusing on one specific aspect, and more a game about being able to diversify and do a bit of everything...so questing is a good thing just as grinding is :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0